Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
JTuck Offline

08-07-2009 , 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Spot View Post
I'd suggest either joining a jumping clan, or finding someone else who has a similar problem, combining your jumps with theirs, and making a video.

Alright, well I am sort of part of "Jump Hijinks, which is a jumping group, but the person who said he was gonna record, screwed up his cap card, so he can't do anything without it lagging. Do you know of any jump groups who might be looking for one more person, if not I might just wait until a community video comes out.

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
08-07-2009 , 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {BtB} OwnedTom View Post
Also, about recording I'd be happy to do it!
Depending on how good you are I know a certain someone who left BtB to join the army and you may be able to fill his place, I'll speak to chaotik.
Also as I said I will record for you and Jump Hijinks if you want.

Old   
JTuck Offline

08-07-2009 , 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {BtB} OwnedTom View Post
Depending on how good you are I know a certain someone who left BtB to join the army and you may be able to fill his place, I'll speak to chaotik.
Also as I said I will record for you and Jump Hijinks if you want.
Oh, well that is really kind of you. I appreciate it, and I will talk to some of the others in Jump Hijinks and see if they want to do that. If they don't, then you can talk to Chaotik about it, or whatever y'all want to do. Thanks again.

Old   
JTuck Offline

08-07-2009 , 09:21 PM

@OwnedTom:

Well, I talked to Jump Hijinks again, and it sounds like we might want to. I will keep in touch with you.

Last edited by JTuck; 08-09-2009 at 04:52 PM. .

Old   
Ocean Offline
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Ocean
08-07-2009 , 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTuck View Post
@OwnedTom:

It doesn't sound like Jump Hijinks video will happen. Only a couple of us want to make the video, and some of us just don't have enough jumps. So, thanks for the offer, but we won't need it. I guess, if you are interested in any of my jumps, just add me on XBL.
add me and we can talk. :D

gamertag is in the top right.

Old   
JTuck Offline

08-07-2009 , 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
add me and we can talk. :D

gamertag is in the top right.
Alright, I won't be on until tomorrow, but then we can talk some. :)

Old   
Ocean Offline
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Ocean
08-07-2009 , 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTuck View Post
Alright, I won't be on until tomorrow, but then we can talk some. :)
I won't be on till sunday, on vacation at the moment.

Old   
JTuck Offline

08-07-2009 , 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
I won't be on till sunday, on vacation at the moment.
K sounds cool

Old   
Camping Spot Offline

08-08-2009 , 04:09 AM

Stackman:

So, how do people think this would work?

It is based on the honour rule, and played on a pacman map designed for stacking, the juggernaut is the pacman, all players have 2000% health and 8x overshields, apart from the pacman, who is invunerable, and has instant-kill enabled.

All players, including the pacman, have rockets and unlimited grenades.
The pacman also has an energy sword as well as the rockets.

It is played like normal pacman, but, the pacman is only allowed to get kills using the energy sword.

The honour rule is that the pacman can't kill people with rockets or grenades.

It also makes the game less boring as once the pacman kills someone, that next player becomes the pacman.

Obviously, this is not ideal.

One obvious problem is that if the pacman is chasing someone, and does a stack, they may accidentally kill that person with the splash of their rockets.

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

Send a message via AIM to jaggedShrapnelSend a message via MSN to jaggedShrapnel
08-08-2009 , 04:31 AM

Sounds like it would be too much of a hassle to play properly. If you ever find out how to perfect it, you should rename it to Stac-Man.

Old   
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun

Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
08-08-2009 , 04:36 AM

Quote:
Stackman:

So, how do people think this would work?

It is based on the honour rule, and played on a pacman map designed for stacking, the juggernaut is the pacman, all players have 2000% health and 8x overshields, apart from the pacman, who is invunerable, and has instant-kill enabled.

All players, including the pacman, have rockets and unlimited grenades.
The pacman also has an energy sword as well as the rockets.

It is played like normal pacman, but, the pacman is only allowed to get kills using the energy sword.

The honour rule is that the pacman can't kill people with rockets or grenades.

It also makes the game less boring as once the pacman kills someone, that next player becomes the pacman.

Obviously, this is not ideal.

One obvious problem is that if the pacman is chasing someone, and does a stack, they may accidentally kill that person with the splash of their rockets.

Good idea, but for some reason I don't see it working out too well.

Old   
Camping Spot Offline

08-08-2009 , 04:56 AM

We tried it on a sandbox pacman map this morning, and it seemed to work out ok, until the pacman actually got someone. As, whenever the juggernaut changed, they had a magnum and rocket, like the other players, rather than an energy sword and rocket. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

Send a message via AIM to jaggedShrapnelSend a message via MSN to jaggedShrapnel
08-08-2009 , 06:47 AM

Quote:
We tried it on a sandbox pacman map this morning, and it seemed to work out ok, until the pacman actually got someone. As, whenever the juggernaut changed, they had a magnum and rocket, like the other players, rather than an energy sword and rocket. Does anyone know how I could fix this?
If I'm understanding it right, you could turn off weapon pickup for juggernaut.

Old   
Camping Spot Offline

08-08-2009 , 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedShrapnel View Post
If I'm understanding it right, you could turn off weapon pickup for juggernaut.
Thanks, i'll try that out after.

Old   
Camping Spot Offline

08-08-2009 , 06:15 PM

I have a question.

I've been lead to believe that a slide ramp is only possible if the distance between the starting point and the slide ramp is a larger distance than the distance between the slide ramp and landing point. Is this true?

I've noticed that if you can stand between the object you are sliding, and the object you are ramping, and can manage to be touching both of them at once, then this does not nessecarily apply.

But for slide ramps with a gap larger than the length of a spartans body width between them, does this always apply?

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

08-08-2009 , 07:19 PM

I don't think it's been proven yet that if you don't start as high up as your supposed landing spot, you can still make it, but I do believe it's possible. There are always a few circumstances involved, such as whether or not what you're slide ramping is moving, such as Gary's slide ramp near the end of LBYL 2 off the wheel on Last Resort, or how big the gap is in between what you're slide ramping. So yeah, I think it's possible, it would just be hard.

Old   
Lastspartan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lastspartan
08-09-2009 , 01:21 AM

Quote:
I have a question.

I've been lead to believe that a slide ramp is only possible if the distance between the starting point and the slide ramp is a larger distance than the distance between the slide ramp and landing point. Is this true?

I've noticed that if you can stand between the object you are sliding, and the object you are ramping, and can manage to be touching both of them at once, then this does not nessecarily apply.

But for slide ramps with a gap larger than the length of a spartans body width between them, does this always apply?

with my expierence in general (it varys a lot depending on how good the slide is, movement, etc) but you can slide ramp as high as your starting point and sometimes as high as you jump. in rare cases you can even slide ramp higher then you jump such as the slide ramp curve in JT challenge

Old   
Camping Spot Offline

08-09-2009 , 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedShrapnel View Post
I don't think it's been proven yet that if you don't start as high up as your supposed landing spot, you can still make it, but I do believe it's possible. There are always a few circumstances involved, such as whether or not what you're slide ramping is moving, such as Gary's slide ramp near the end of LBYL 2 off the wheel on Last Resort, or how big the gap is in between what you're slide ramping. So yeah, I think it's possible, it would just be hard.
I never thought about moving ones, that's a very good point. I'm going to try and hit a slide ramp with the starting point less distance from the slide ramp and the ending point, and see if I can manage it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastspartan View Post
in rare cases you can even slide ramp higher then you jump such as the slide ramp curve in JT challenge
That's what confused me, because it seemed that the only times that I could manage to do that was on slide ramps where both the slide and the ramp would be touching you if you were to stand in the middle of them, and that is one of those jumps.

Like, I have a slide ramp on high ground - Where both the slide and the ramp are basically touching, and the starting point is way lower than the landing point, but it's definitley possible as i've kneecapped the landing point before.

Old   
The Disco Mole Offline

08-09-2009 , 05:55 AM

what the difference between a slide ramp and slide kneecap?

Old   
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized

08-09-2009 , 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disco Mole View Post
what the difference between a slide ramp and slide kneecap?
A slide kneecap isn't a real term, it's just a misnamed slide ramp. Same stuff.