Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun

Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
Regarding Fileshares. - 09-19-2010 , 04:28 PM

Hey guys, Xwo here. A new feature in Reach is that it suggests Films, Clips, Maps, and Gametypes that your friends have uploaded to their fileshare, even if they've already removed them. This could quite obviously be quite a problem for us cool kids who keep our jumps super secret.

Anyways, here's how to avoid your jumps being leaked:

(Please note that Angels of Chaos and JTzFusion are the ones who discovered how this works, I'm simply making the thread explaining it)

When you're in the lobby, you can press the "Y" button, and select a network. You then select the top option, "My Xbox."

After selecting that, you upload the clip, and have all of your buddies download it. You then remove it, and can change your setting back to whatever you normally have it to. After doing all of this, you will have been able to give someone a film clip/film without it being left on XBL for other people to download it.

This has been tested multiple times by Angels and Fusion, and it sure does in fact work. Enjoy keeping your clips super duper secret and cool.

Xwo

I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

Old   
Angels Of Chaos Offline

09-19-2010 , 04:29 PM

BTW i removed all of you! K bye

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
09-19-2010 , 04:37 PM

This should be stickied.

ASP

Old   
Fusion Offline

Location: The "JT" and "F" are capitalized and the "z" represents a space.
Send a message via AIM to Fusion
09-19-2010 , 04:42 PM

Thanks for posting this Xwo. It's very important that all jumpers know this. Stickying might not be a bad idea considering there are always new jumpers joining HIH.

Old   
MS The Legend Offline

09-19-2010 , 06:11 PM

Thanks for posting this after I leaked a jump to everyone on my friends list... well know fusion, angels, alec, gary, budda, gandi, aero, ect know my froodlezikeng jump

Old   
english2 Offline
Project Air

Send a message via AIM to english2
09-19-2010 , 07:41 PM

Good thread. Thanks for the info.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
09-19-2010 , 09:16 PM

or buy a capturecard

Old   
One Frosty Noob Offline

Send a message via AIM to One Frosty NoobSend a message via MSN to One Frosty Noob
09-19-2010 , 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILJoshNgton View Post
or buy a capturecard
Hey isn't it funny how you try so hard to get stickeys and then xwo gets one on accident.

Old   
Fusion Offline

09-19-2010 , 09:30 PM

Quote:
or buy a capturecard
Everyone in the clan would have to have an HD cc unless you don't want it to be in HD, in which case everyone still needs to have a cc, and everyone would have to get good at camera movement.

Old   
SrGtNiCk Offline

Send a message via AIM to SrGtNiCk
09-19-2010 , 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
Everyone in the clan would have to have an HD cc unless you don't want it to be in HD, in which case everyone still needs to have a cc, and everyone would have to get good at camera movement.
I think he meant showing someone the jump, not for a clan.

Old   
Fusion Offline

09-19-2010 , 10:06 PM

But if you eventually want it in a video, unless it's a solo. That's how it would have to be.

Old   
Skulk Offline

09-22-2010 , 06:28 PM

This is a pretty useful trick, seeing as how there are tons of people who stalk fileshares.

Old   
then3wguy Offline

09-23-2010 , 03:39 PM

Quote:
stop trying to be one...
Everyone here is trying to be productive. You're saying it's pointless and that it's highly more economical and sensible for everyone to get a capture card. Because, you know, everyone has that money to spend, and the talent to film well. Get rid of your attitude.

Captain isn't trolling, he's trying to help the community, so stop being a turd.

Old   
Joshington Offline

09-24-2010 , 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by then3wguy View Post
Everyone here is trying to be productive. You're saying it's pointless and that it's highly more economical and sensible for everyone to get a capture card. Because, you know, everyone has that money to spend, and the talent to film well. Get rid of your attitude.

Captain isn't trolling, he's trying to help the community, so stop being a turd.
mine was an alternative solution, an unproductive comment would be captains...

People who have the money to spend on new games within 2 weeks of their release would be more likely to have the money to spend on capture cards than anyone else.

Th fact that you are presuming they wont be good at filming is a ridiculous reason for them to not get one,getting a capturecard will only result in new talented filmers emerging and more videos to watch and may even raise the standard of jumping videos atm.

But do go on thinking that everything I say is in someway related to trolling or flame,you and captain can start a club of people who cant come up with a reply to thread topic without quoting a reply.You guys do it so often i presume it must be a coordinated thing?

Old   
then3wguy Offline

09-24-2010 , 01:30 AM

If you weren't always saying backhanded things that people get annoyed with, I'm sure people would stop quoting you.

Just because people save up for a game, doesn't mean they want to buy a capture card. Just because they buy one doesn't mean they'll be good at using it. Filming is something that takes a lot of skill, patience, and creativity. Many of the jumpers here would rather dedicate that to, I don't know, Jumping? You know just as well as anyone that it isn't a realistic solution that everybody should go buy a capture card.

Xwo brought up a decent alternative and you shut him down for no reason.

Whatever dude.

Old   
Joshington Offline

09-24-2010 , 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by then3wguy View Post
If you weren't always saying backhanded things that people get annoyed with, I'm sure people would stop quoting you.

Just because people save up for a game, doesn't mean they want to buy a capture card. Just because they buy one doesn't mean they'll be good at using it. Filming is something that takes a lot of skill, patience, and creativity. Many of the jumpers here would rather dedicate that to, I don't know, Jumping? You know just as well as anyone that it isn't a realistic solution that everybody should go buy a capture card.

Xwo brought up a decent alternative and you shut him down for no reason.

Whatever dude.
You cant shutdown alternatives with alternatives...

If I am somewhat blunt with my comments Im far too lazy to change that now.
Besides I have never seen a decent reason to change my post style.

The only thing more idiotic than suggesting to people to buy a capturecard is encouraging them not to...

Old   
Koolstryker Offline

09-24-2010 , 04:21 AM

WOW!

Really guys? Is this really how things are going these days?

Is it just me, or does it seem like everytime I log on to HIH someone else has something stupid to say about someone else!

Whatever happened to the fun part of jumping?

Or the great discussions?

Hell, I even miss the arguments we used to have!

At least they were intelligent!

I think everyone needs to step away from there TVs and computer screens for a bit, maybe a few days and give their lives a once over. Maybe knock ourselves down a few notches so we don't get all these "high and mighty" posts about why everyone else sucks at jumping/halo/life.

If you come back and decide you still want to start arguments with people over trivial things, let the mods know.

At least then you can just get banned without making a huge fool of yourself.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know personally, after the past week, I have no respect for the new jumping anymore.

Old   
CaptainCrunch41 Offline

09-24-2010 , 09:12 AM

Meh, KooKid. There's a few people who start schlapskie constantly. If those people left, it be all good.

Old   
nate pahlow Offline

Location: If you wont die for me, you will die because of me.
Send a message via AIM to nate pahlow
09-28-2010 , 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllShallPerish View Post
This should be stickied.

ASP
i definitly agree.... all the new kids are going to be posting jumps and there is going to be so much stealing without this thread.

Old   
Fusion Offline

09-28-2010 , 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate pahlow View Post
i definitly agree.... all the new kids are going to be posting jumps and there is going to be so much stealing without this thread.
yeah, why did it get unstickied? Just sticky it and lock it.