Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices

Old   
iJumpify Offline

Exilement - Simply Magic - 03-09-2011 , 02:16 PM

So this is it I guess, my last video.
I like to think my editing has come on over time and I was pleased with this one in general.
Enjoy.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYlSt4ISKww

(Sorry for not de-interlacing ASP)

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-09-2011 , 04:15 PM

so review time:

music :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1ZFKf0VFg ..so fail right there

jump1: looks overpowered,pacman map and its the opener really?
jump2: i always hated these bruteshot fusion coil rubbles just because they nearly never look good and people always say they look overpowered
jump 3: just looked incredibly easy
jump 4: rocket platform from that height and with the brute shot launch should easily be able to get you there without the bruteshots
jump5: im sorry but that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen
jump6:incredibly old jumps
jump7: probably my favorite jump but why is the tanks so far away when he only fires once? and the camera work could be clearer..
jump 8: everyones done a similar jump so kinda disappointed that was ender..

I had hoped after all this time and the fact that solo standards have raised and that you have been jumping for years that this would have been better...

btw too much slomo and in sd with choppy framerates made it hard to watch nvm the jumps and music itself

1/5

Old   
iJumpify Offline

03-09-2011 , 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshington View Post
so review time:

music :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1ZFKf0VFg ..so fail right there

jump1: looks overpowered,pacman map and its the opener really?
jump2: i always hated these bruteshot fusion coil rubbles just because they nearly never look good and people always say they look overpowered
jump 3: just looked incredibly easy
jump 4: rocket platform from that height and with the brute shot launch should easily be able to get you there without the bruteshots
jump5: im sorry but that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen
jump6:incredibly old jumps
jump7: probably my favorite jump but why is the tanks so far away when he only fires once? and the camera work could be clearer..
jump 8: everyones done a similar jump so kinda disappointed that was ender..

I had hoped after all this time and the fact that solo standards have raised and that you have been jumping for years that this would have been better...

btw too much slomo and in sd with choppy framerates made it hard to watch nvm the jumps and music itself

1/5
Lol ok bro, nice review I guess ?
By the way the tank was so far away because i was juggeling 2 controllers meaning the timing was tres difficile.
EDIT
I didn't know the music had previously been used, but even so, does it matter?
Other video standards has nothing to do with this what-so-ever. I don't claim it to be 'renegade' or anything like it, THAT is one of the reason jumping is dying to you.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-09-2011 , 04:28 PM

Enjoyed the vid.

Don't be hating bro.

The jump into the air shaft was clever and fun to watch. Not the best vid ever but still entertaining, so i.m.o. it succeeded.

Old   
maxp0095 Offline

03-09-2011 , 04:51 PM

Nice job, some of the jumps were overpowered, but eh, who cares :)
It is so hard to find jumps on H3 now, you have to have alot of creativity, so pretty good job.

Old   
Alec Bounces Offline

03-09-2011 , 05:09 PM

i know it was a rush, but the editing wasnt good, i only liked the last jump cause most seemed overpowered. idk it seemed like you rushed it way too much. but since its your last vid i guess it doesnt matter.

Old   
iiN1V3Kii Offline

Send a message via AIM to iiN1V3KiiSend a message via MSN to iiN1V3Kii
03-09-2011 , 05:49 PM

I don't really know why all of you guys hate on Josh for just speaking his mind about videos that get released. I mean most of the people that go to this forum really didn't start playing Halo till like 08. I for one can say I've been playing Halo since the beginning, and the glitching aspect for a while, I mean Zanzibar window bounce old. So for the older people; they've been through all the things the newer people haven't. Which means criticizing people and their finds whether it be bad or good you just have to live with it and realize in the long run that it's a game. Don't hate because he's just giving his personal input on it. So if you're reading this take this into consideration.

For me overall I really disliked it.

Old   
IILilNinjiII Offline

03-09-2011 , 05:57 PM

I understand where Josh I coming from, but nevertheless it's very nice. We all will definitely miss you buddy :). Good luck with life and whatnot.

The music, it was good
Jumps, were decent, I like the last jump.
Editing, could have been better, it was nice and chill though.
Filming, I'm not a fan of shots that are from the side view (they look cheesy to me).

My personal opinion is that we as a community need to start stepping our game up. Were getting mini videos that aren't up to par to things like OFTB, LBYL, or Origins. Were just getting mini snippets which I find boring. We should actually make a community video where we put our actual good jumps.

Old   
One Frosty Noob Offline

Send a message via AIM to One Frosty NoobSend a message via MSN to One Frosty Noob
03-09-2011 , 05:59 PM

I thought this trailer was better....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1ZFKf0VFg

Old   
Lastspartan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lastspartan
03-09-2011 , 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
I understand where Josh I coming from, but nevertheless it's very nice. We all will definitely miss you buddy :). Good luck with life and whatnot.

The music, it was good
Filming, I'm not a fan of shots that are from the side view (they look cheesy to me).

My personal opinion is that we as a community need to start stepping our game up. Were getting mini videos that aren't up to par to things like OFTB, LBYL, or Origins. Were just getting mini snippets which I find boring. We should actually make a community video where we put our actual good jumps.
you can't expect that very often, actually almost none of them will live up to those standards (assuming you don't mean lbyl1). The best you can ask for is decently long videos that are enjoyable, not every video has to be ground breaking or up to par of a team video that they spent almost a year on (in some cases more then a year).

@magic
<3 you good luck in whatever you do!

Old   
Skulk Offline

03-09-2011 , 06:12 PM

Please guys, don't turn this into another "save the community" thread.

The sandtrap jump in the lift was creative. That was the only jump I sorta liked. My only problem was, why didn't you just press the jump button? You are in a lift that is meant to carry you to the exact same spot you just stacked to right?

Overall it was an alright video I am really tired of epitaph platform jumps though, and you had like... 43. The editing wasn't bad at all and the filming wasn't too bad, they both just got the job done.

PS. Cold Storage Stack = DAMN.

Old   
iJumpify Offline

03-09-2011 , 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post

The music, it was good

Thanks alot dude, but I'm going to have to disagree with the stepping the game up...
People aren't bothering to make videos at all... Personally I prefer short, fun and simple videos over long amazing ones... I know a tonne of people with a tonne of good jumps landed and to those I say, MAKE A DARN VIDEO!
Josh sets a horrible example of what we should be which is accepting of everyone... It's not about skill or flashy editing, it's about chillin' having a good time landing fun jumps...
But whatever, I'm done with Halo for now...

Old   
Dr Loo Returns Offline

03-09-2011 , 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpify View Post
Josh sets a horrible example of what we should be which is accepting of everyone... It's not about skill or flashy editing, it's about chillin' having a good time landing fun jumps...
I hate when people say this. Sure, jumping is about having fun, but making a video is about entertaining. Abraham Lincoln once said "If you don't like looking at funny cat pics, stay off of lolcats.com." You always have the option of not putting your videos up here if you don't want opinions. You could even choose to not even put it on Youtube, and just watch it by yourself in a dark room, wearing nothing but your girlfriends clothing, and listening to Goodbye Horses.
Anydaisy, I digress. I feel the jumping in the video felt pretty... glog (I made up this word, because I couldn't gather all my feelings together.) Some jumps you lose like half of your momentum slamming into walls and changing direction. Others were old and cliche ideas. Glog.

Old   
MasterOfMexico Offline

Send a message via AIM to MasterOfMexico
03-09-2011 , 06:53 PM

I didn't really enjoy it, sorry. I'd rather not go into details, but if you really want me to I could (it would be brutally honest tho).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Loo Returns View Post
I hate when people say this. Sure, jumping is about having fun, but making a video is about entertaining.
ily. Agreed 100%. I agree with the rest of you enlightening post, however just not as much.

Old   
Joshington Offline

Send a message via AIM to Joshington
03-09-2011 , 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfMexico View Post
I didn't really enjoy it, sorry. I'd rather not go into details, but if you really want me to I could (it would be brutally honest tho).

ily. Agreed 100%. I agree with the rest of you enlightening post, however just not as much.
probably because he destroyed a song you like.. :D

Old   
WtK Yo Offline

03-09-2011 , 07:17 PM

didnt really like it either, also every jump was overpowered and it just wasnt fun to watch

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-09-2011 , 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiSTeDMetal View Post
Can you be nice at all?
I hope you don't mind me deleting your post, but I was wondering what exactly your post contributs to this thread and I came to the conclusion that the answer is indeed 'Nothing'...

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and so is Josh to his (which, I guess, is brutally honest).

Quote:
Sure, jumping is about having fun, but making a video is about entertaining.
I do agree that making videos is about entertaining, but there's different degrees of entertainment. One might only be entertained by videos of high standards like Origins or the LBYL series, while others already enjoy watching people having fun with jumping around in a videogame and compiling their best moments in a video.

I for one enjoyed this video even though it arguably wasn't the best video to be produced or wasn't even up to par with some of the solos that have been release lately. Sure, it had some minor and also a few major flaws (for example the lack of deinterlacing ) but obviously he had fun producing it and that's all that counts. My 2 cents.

ASP

Old   
Coy o Offline

Thumbs down 03-09-2011 , 08:48 PM

i didn't like it, i don't know why you would open up with an overpowered pac man jump.. The editing wasn't that good.The song choice was the only good part of the video.. 1/5

Old   
Angels Of Chaos Offline

03-09-2011 , 11:03 PM

I really liked it :). Sorry that I didn't put the tank jump in but it was hard to show that a guest did it. Anyways man good job and I hope you don't quit

Old   
oGround Offline

03-09-2011 , 11:08 PM

Quote:
I hate when people say this. Sure, jumping is about having fun, but making a video is about entertaining. Abraham Lincoln once said "If you don't like looking at funny cat pics, stay off of lolcats.com." You always have the option of not putting your videos up here if you don't want opinions. You could even choose to not even put it on Youtube, and just watch it by yourself in a dark room, wearing nothing but your girlfriends clothing, and listening to Goodbye Horses.
Anydaisy, I digress. I feel the jumping in the video felt pretty... glog (I made up this word, because I couldn't gather all my feelings together.) Some jumps you lose like half of your momentum slamming into walls and changing direction. Others were old and cliche ideas. Glog.
Did you get that from the Nazi Zombie Intro on Kino der Toten because the guy says that and ive never really heard it anywhere else...