Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
ViviD Offline

Flipping Halo In Single Player... - 09-19-2010 , 02:32 PM

Hey guys, here's a quick video I slopped together of my attempts to flip the Halo Ring in sp.....without the use of third party programs.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTFjsqkWbWQ
FileFront: http://www.filefront.com/17302922/POAAttempt1.wmv/

So as not to waste anyone's time completely, I only show one attempt at the final jump at the end of the video. I can assure you that the same result turns up every time I've attempted this (literally hundreds).

I've also made a small cutscene glitch video just to show some of the things that can happen when attempting this.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxuTrYVxubY
FileFront: http://www.filefront.com/17303005/POAGlitches.wmv

Okay so...I'm going to upload the last checkpoint I used in this video so those of you with Halo PC can attempt to get out there and actually flip the ring. I think it's going to be difficult, but I do believe that it's possible.

Checkpoint: http://www.filefront.com/17302960/HIH_Share.zip

If you're interested in using the checkpoint, download the file, unzip it, and copy the entire "HIH_Share" folder. Open up "My Documents"------>"My Games"----->"Halo"------>"savegames" and paste the "HIH_share" folder into the "savegames" folder. You should be done now, just open Halo, select the right profile, and load the "00:05:04" checkpoint. Flip the ring...

Old   
Rockslider Offline

09-19-2010 , 03:09 PM

I have no idea what flipping the Halo ring entails, but it sounded pretty cataclysmic so I clicked to have a look at your YouTube video. Unfortunately all I got was "This video contains content from WMG and UMG, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds". I'm in the UK. Just thought I'd let you know of the problem in case you weren't aware. Meanwhile, the ring-flipping business remains a mystery…

Old   
ViviD Offline

09-19-2010 , 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockslider View Post
I have no idea what flipping the Halo ring entails, but it sounded pretty cataclysmic so I clicked to have a look at your YouTube video. Unfortunately all I got was "This video contains content from WMG and UMG, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds". I'm in the UK. Just thought I'd let you know of the problem in case you weren't aware. Meanwhile, the ring-flipping business remains a mystery…

Hmm. I'll see what I can do about the YouTube video. But if you still want to watch, the filefront link underneath it is the same video. There's a stream available there too.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
09-19-2010 , 03:45 PM

=| I guess I didn't explain well enough yesterday, my bad. You can't get that checkpoint in the ceiling just outside the bridge. If you get it, it loads the trigger for the cutscene and you're done. You'd have to load the bridge textures and walk all the way there blind from the checkpoint before that armory thing.

Old   
ViviD Offline

09-19-2010 , 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
=| I guess I didn't explain well enough yesterday, my bad. You can't get that checkpoint in the ceiling just outside the bridge. If you get it, it loads the trigger for the cutscene and you're done. You'd have to load the bridge textures and walk all the way there blind from the checkpoint before that armory thing.

I was hoping someone would discuss this. I don't think the checkpoint itself is the problem. Fastforward to 9:47-9:57 in the video and pay close attention to the crewmen. You'll notice that at first the crewmen do not possess their AI. They are standing (floating) with their arms outstretched straight out from their sides. As I land the jump, they immediately gain their AI and they sit down in their chairs. THIS is the point at which the cutscene is ready to go, from what I can tell. It's possible to get all the way to the bridge without loading up their AI, I've done it several times. You simply have to remain completely above the map at all times (no feet sticking into the map at all) you can do this by jumping on a few key spots. The problem is, I haven't found one of these spots yet that I can actually use to jump down to the bottom. I'll make a little comparison video just to show everyone what I'm talking about.

EDIT- In fact, I'm sure that's when the cutscene is ready to go, I tested it last night. So....I...we!...just need to find a spot that you can get to the bottom with, without loading the AI's.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

09-19-2010 , 04:16 PM

Well from my tests, it seems that once the crewmen themselves load (whether in their normal stance or their wackjob T stance), you're screwed. The checkpoint loads them every time. The checkpoint isn't the only thing that loads the crewmen, but the checkpoint ALWAYS loads them. You put a foot anywhere in there, and the cutscene will go off within a certain amount of time. I hope I'm wrong, but I spent a lot of time playing with it. If you can find a place where you can walk above (or around) the bridge without triggering it (with the crewmen loaded in their T stance), then maybe you got it. It's my opinion that the only way to get outside is by not getting that checkpoint. If you can get inside that hallway without the crewmen loaded at all, then you're good. You can actually walk around inside the bridge without the cutscene loaded if you bypass that.

Old   
scurty Offline

09-20-2010 , 04:17 AM

That video was pretty sweet! I'd like to try this some time, but I'm having a hard time getting the bump to work correctly, haha.

What checkpoint are you talking about in the video, BGT? I can probably do some of it blind, but if it's from before the loadzone then it's probably impossible.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

09-20-2010 , 09:04 AM

^^The checkpoint he gets in the hallway with the covvies right outside the bridge. I can explain the situation a bit more if you're highly interested, but I don't feel like typing it all out here right now. It's..... Hard. Viv is good. The way I see it, it's going to require a long section of blind hopping, with just the bridge textures loaded. Hit me up on msn or something and I'll try to explain.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

09-20-2010 , 11:26 PM

I fired it up today to test a few things.... I don't know. If you can somehow land that jump to the far corner, you should be able to jump straight from there to the outside, I came pretty close, and I wasn't even on the corner. I never landed the jump to the corner though. It should be possible, but it'd have to be lucky.

Old   
ViviD Offline

09-21-2010 , 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
I fired it up today to test a few things.... I don't know. If you can somehow land that jump to the far corner, you should be able to jump straight from there to the outside, I came pretty close, and I wasn't even on the corner. I never landed the jump to the corner though. It should be possible, but it'd have to be lucky.

Well that's good news. I'll give it a few more attempts over the week. I know it's possible it's just a super annoying jump.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
09-21-2010 , 06:07 AM

I lost you guys...

All I understood is that it's possible if you land a really lucky jump. I'm sure you'll get it eventually if it's possible, good luck.

Old   
Measels Offline

09-21-2010 , 06:54 AM

Vivid showed me doezens more of these attempts - first off awesome ledging here, I would like to point out that he ledged all the way there from the cryo- tube, without using 3rd person at all - very impressive.

I don't know how the cutscene is triggered, but looking at this makes me think that its different on xbox and pc, afterall, in co-op on xbox people have had no problems, ye?

Someone try this on xbox maybe?!

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
09-21-2010 , 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post
I don't know how the cutscene is triggered, but looking at this makes me think that its different on xbox and pc, afterall, in co-op on xbox people have had no problems, ye?
Hmm, I feel kinda stupid for not continuing after I almost made it to the bridge. I was doing it on xbox, but vivid was way ahead of me so I figured I would get the same thing he was getting on the xbox. I might give it another go, because you're right... If you can do it on co-op you should be able to do it in SP.

I'll actually check the triggers for both the xbox and pc versions of the map.

Old   
scurty Offline

09-21-2010 , 07:25 AM

How close to the bridge does the player loading the graphics get in the co-op version of the trick?

I'll give it a go in SP too when I get some time. The cryobump is kind of tough, but you get a checkpoint up top not soon after so it's not too bad. I did some ceiling walking in the Maw back in the day, so PoA shouldn't be too bad. So just don't get the checkpoint in the hallway right before the bridge. I might be completely underestimating the difficulty of it, but if you load the graphics in the bridge, then going from the place where you have to jump over the marine when you play normally to the bridge shouldn't be too hard at all. I don't know how you guys do this on Halo PC, I can barely do the shield bump since you move so far when trying to adjust!

Old   
Measels Offline

09-21-2010 , 07:27 AM

Cryo bump is easy if you do it on legendary - you get a checkpoint in the tube this way.

Old   
scurty Offline

09-21-2010 , 07:33 AM

Yeah, I know you get a checkpoint in the tube, it's just the fiddling around in it that's a bit tough. I've gotten up only like 3 times before. I'm sure it's easy, just haven't spent a lot of time on it. I might play along on the Xbox why using fly cam on Halo PC to see where all the lights are to jump on, haha.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

09-21-2010 , 08:27 AM

Have some good news, and some bad news. I know why you guys are getting the cutscene every time...

Start up PoA, and get to the bridge area. Then leave and you will notice that the cutscene starts. Basically when you are hoping around on-top of the bridge area the game thinks you are leaving the bridge. Now to top it all off even if you were to be careful, and not jump too high, the trigger in the bridge area does not extend to halo. It only goes a little bit outside into space.

However the good news is there is a way to get out into space! Unfortunately you have to go another path (more bad news coming). You have to go to the cafeteria, then to the megg egg area, and then finally to the bridge... This requires a lot of blind jumps, and you lose a checkpoint. =/

Here is a diagram of the path. I also ended the path line at the bridge area, obviously you would just keep jumping till you go into space after that. This avoids the trigger that starts the cutscene as well.

EDIT: Just realized that there may be an easier path than the one I drew out. It's in green.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

09-21-2010 , 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measels View Post
Cryo bump is easy if you do it on legendary - you get a checkpoint in the tube this way.
I have a PC save with that very first checkpoint in the ceiling lol. It's not that hard.

@Lone Starr, you didn't tell me anything I didn't already know (on both counts), but you are correct.

Old   
ViviD Offline

09-21-2010 , 06:12 PM

Wow, Lone I think I can work with that green path.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

09-21-2010 , 06:21 PM

The cafeteria completely blind is never easy, but if you can do it, then you're the man.