Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Mr Sprout Offline
Working

The Official Halo 1 Q&A thread - 02-19-2006 , 01:15 PM

The following was originally posted by 'Wild Irishman' :

I decided to create a Q&A for this forum because it is the only one that doesn't have one. Most posts were useless and repetitive. This thread is for Halo 1 questions only, Campaign or Multiplayer. Please use it for any questions, no matter how n00by it seems. I promise I will not flame, and I hope no one else does. Thank you, and help keep this forum spam free!

W007! Thanks for the Sticky GXM! Good job getting Moderator!

I hope this thread will flourish, so this forum isn't clogged with questions. HIH RULES!!!

THE HALO 1 Q AND A STICKY: BY WILD IRISHMAN

Q: What Easter Eggs are in Halo?
A: There are TONS if Eggs in Halo, and you will find lots of info on them in the HBO Egg Section (Thanks Ghost Faction!)
:arrow:http://halosm.bungie.org/tipsntricks/eggs.html

Q: How do I get the secret ending?
A: Beat the Maw on Legendary.

Q: What are the "Bleeding Lights"?
A: Bleeding lights was a recent vid that depicted lights bleeding. To do this, go to any level with a light that you can get on top of. If you shoot the lights around the edges with a human weapon, they will bleed. Here's the thread and vid tuts:
:arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=71380

Q: What is Hog launching and how do I do it?
A: Find the answer to all your Hog launching needs in this thread by thenotsogoodtrickster:
:arrow: http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=68785

Q: How do I get below Damnation?
A: this is pretty hard, but possible. Go to the OS bridge and knock the Overshield over the edge. Now, fall of and try to intercept it. If you do it at the right time, it will reset the fall timer and give you infinite health as it is recharging when you land.

Q: What is the PFR combo?
A: This only works in multiplayer. Get 400% sheilds. Throw a plasma at your feet, making sure you don't stick yourself. Then, switch to a frag and throw one at your feet. As soon as you can, fire a rocket a jump. You should be sent about 10 meters verticle. This is a Clan Hat Trick vid showing some amazing HPC PFR launches:
:arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=76274

Q: What levels have a ceiling?
A: All of them. If not, it would literally take eternity to load. SC's ceiling is very high up. I would recomend an Oversheild launch to hit it. AotCR has a high one also. Frogblast (<3!!!) touches it in this video:
:arrow: http://maphawk.ontv.com/utfoo/mission/sky_boi.htm. Halo has a medium height ceiling. I don't believe T&R has been hit yet. This would take a Shade launch, obviously. Dom Dunc hits the ceiling of 343 Guilty Sparkin this vid-
:arrow:http://highimpacthalo.org/bb/viewtop...dfd23d6bc28887. Two Betrayals is the same as AotCR. Keyes would take a Shade launch also, maybe with the oversheild by the lift. You could just overload the banshee and fly it to the ceiling on the Maw.

Q:Are Halo 1 nades stronger than halo 2 nades?
A:Yes. for example, you only need 5-8 (dead fire) grenades to get on top of the Beam Tower in Halo 1. It would take at least 10 Halo 2 nades to vehicle launch, and 15 to player launch. Of course, with Sputnick on, it would only take 2 live fire to plaz frag vehicle launch or 8 live fire stacking player launching to launch up there.

Q:How many vehicles have been collected in the Sidwinder upper base?
A:2 Worthogs, 4 Ghosts on XBox, twice that on PC. You just need a plasma nade, a frag, a rocket, and a little patience . here's a vid by HungoverPilot that shows 2 hogs and 4 ghosts (it's the second trick in the first vid)
:arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=74900

Q:Has anyone gotten above the waterfall in Damnation?
A:Yes, you can get anywhere above Damnation. Just PFR launch from the horizontal pipe you're looking at when you spawn at a certain spawning point. It's hard to explain using regular directions. You'll know it when you see it. Walk forward and PFR onto the wall in front of you. There is no ceiling, just an open space above you. Walk around the walls and you should come to two pipes side by side. Jump on them and PFR launch and land on the tiny wall above. it may take some tries to stick the landing. From there, you can access anywhere in Damnation. NOTE: You need 400% sheilds to do this, and even then you may not survive. It may take a few tries to get the least amount of damage while still getting the height. To answer the question specifically, yes. In this vid by HungoverPilot, it shows him getting into the waterfall hole (first clip, first vid.)
:arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=74900

Q:Can you sheild bump in Multiplayer?
A:Yes. Halo Multiplayer is basically the same game, except with more people and you can't dead fire nades.

Q:How do I get 2 (or more) Johnsons in the level Halo?
A:To get more than 1 Johnson, get into the Hog when Foehammer drops it of. Either make Johnson get in the Hog by himself, or block the entrance to the Pelican wth your hog. This will make it so that no marines get in, and your left with Johnson and some walking grenade piles. Do the same with the second Johnson by the landslide area.

Q:How do I get to the bottom of the AotCR elevator shaft?
A:Here are some vids of people getting down there...and making Vehicle Collections! These are really cool.
:arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=67431(ekim)
:arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=43713 (Educated Pizza)

Q: How do I Telebump?
A: To telebump, have one person stand in the teleporter exit. Have the other person go into the teleporter entrance and stand there. You shouldn't teleport because someone is blocking the exit. Have the person in the teleporter exit jump. The teleporter entrance person should teleport, because the game's engine thinks that he moved, when in reality he is still there. You should then be "bumped" out of the way by the teleporting person, sending you to some crazy places.

EDIT: Finally! The Inmate found Telebumping 101 for me. Here you go! http://rapidshare.de/files/9945009/Telebumping.WMV.html

Q: How do I backpack reload?
A: Backpack reloading is when you reload your weapon while you have a different weapon out. This is very helpful on Legendary. To do this, simply have your empty gun out. Press X X Y really fast. You should hear you gun reload, but you have your full gun out. While your other gun is reloading, don't switch to it or the reload will stop. You can still shoot your full gun while your empty one is reloading.

Q: What are Dead Fire and Live Fire Grenads?
A: Dead Fire Grenades are when you kill your co-op partner or AI and they fall on the ground. This is used mostly for Hog launches. You cannot drop you own grenades on the ground. Live Fire grenades are when you throw them and they are live. This is used for combat, and a type of launching called "Stacking". This involves throwing a grenade high up on a wall, waiting for it to fall to a specific height on the wall, throwing another grenade at that point as the first grenade passes it,, then throwing one on the ground when they hit, making 3 live grenades explode at the same time.

Q: Is the Fall Timer affected by Diffuculty?
A: No. The Fall Timer (the amount of time that you are able to fall before dieing) is not affected by anything except the type of Xbox you have. PAL 'Boxes let you fall farther than NTSC 'Boxes

Q: How do you rob an enemy of it's AI?
A: This works for all AI, Marines and enemys. Simply force them to cross a Loading Zone. Once you do so, they should stand in the exact same pose. If you kill them, they make the death noise, but stand still and you can walk through them. Another fun thing, if you stick them or shoot them with Needlers, the nades or Needle's won't explode.

Q: How do I empty the banshee on the level Halo?
A: To empty the banshees, try to make the Elites hit a tree with the top of their banshee. Then the pilot will fall out. Unfortunately, you can't pilot the banshee. Go here for a cool vid on the subject:
:arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=78199

Q: How do I Overload?
A: To Overload, you need to get so many of an object in one place that the game starts deleting other things. Scenery, enemys, guns, bullets, etc. To do this, just kill your Coop partner in the same place for a long time. You will notice a severe drop in screenrate, Things disapearing, maybe even your partner not respawing. This is pretty fun to do. Check out Ducain's vid on overloading the 'Shee pilot on the Maw here;
:arrow:http://files.mythica.org/halo/highim.../bansheeSP.wmv

Q: Has anyone gotten Sarge, a Worthog, and yourself on top of the Halo Blue Beam Tower?
A: No, not yet. Ducain currently has a challenge for getting 2 Sarges onto the tower. If anyone manages to do this, I will put it here faster than a Grunt to the food nipple 8)

Q: How do you get 2 Worthogs on Assault on the Control Room?
A:Descend from the first bridge. When you get down, there should be a warthog. Get in it, and drive through the door into the hallway. Once you get a loading zone, get out. Keep going until you get to the part you never finished. Kill all the enemies, and continue the level from there. When you get down to the bottom hallway, the warthog should still be there. Get in it, and drive past the loading zone, so it won't disappear. When you get out into the snowy battle field again, there should be another warthog.

Q: How do you get so many Marines on Halo?
A:First save as many marines as possible at the first Blue Beam Tower(BBT). Now, take two Marines when 419 comes down. Drop these two marines on to the "Reunion Tour" Infini-Point. Move on to the rock slide area, and as quickly as possible take groups of two from the rocks to the Infini-Point; Try not to kill any covenant while you do this. Now, take your hog up to the Spot with the BBT that Cortana tells you to go inside. Park your Hog outside where the Jackals meet you, so 419 will bring another Hog. Now, save the marines, and once youve killed the last Covie, dash back to your saved Hog. Drive it in front of the Pelican, then get the other and place it in front too. If done right, youll make the marines stay, and the pelican will fly off. Take them to the others and go on to the marines hiding at the last BBT. Take them back to the Large collection, and voila, tons of marines.

Q: How do i empty the banshee at the beggining of Halo?
A: To empty the banshee, just shot the pilots feet with a pistol or make him hit a tree at the right angle. Here's a great tut by IamCraztNinja :arrow:http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=78199

Q: How do I get a marine to stay in one place so I can make a nade pile?
A: Park a warthog where you want the pile to be. Get a marine in a separate hog. Drive to the first hog, and get the maine out of the gunner. Get into the first warthog so that the Marine gets in with you. Get out, stand about 3 meters behind the marine in the gunner, and shoot the ground. this is so that you can put your reticle on the same spot again to make a consistant pilt. Then shoot over the marine's shoulder so that he turns to you, and shoot him in the head.

Feel free to leave any questions, and I will answer them as best as I can. Of course, I can't answer all of them, so I need all you Halo 1 wizzes out there to help me out (please?). Thank you, and help keep this forum spam-free!

Last edited by Mr Sprout; 02-19-2006 at 01:18 PM. .

Old   
Carlp Offline

Send a message via MSN to Carlp
03-07-2006 , 03:57 PM

Thank you for that Thread!
But I got a question about telebumping, I tried that, but It didnt work. To explain what happened I call the one getting teleported "1" and the one at the exit "2".
When 2 is standing at the exit and 1 is walking into the teleporter first nothing happens. Than I jump with 2 and 1 is just getting teleported right under 2. So 2 is standing on top of 1 but 1 is not getting anywhere special. I tried that on Chill Out.
Oh and sorry for asking that question already in the "Must do Trick Thread", I didnt know about this thread when wroting it.
Thank you!
EDIT: The question already got answered by Hypnotad, thank you for that!

BTW: The question "How do I empty the banshee on the level Halo?" is there two times ;)

Last edited by Carlp; 03-07-2006 at 03:59 PM. .

Old   
Rocket Master Offline

03-07-2006 , 04:25 PM

Cool new forum,eh?:D Anyway, how do you do the double grenade trick where you throw two grenades like one second after each other?

Old   
Carlp Offline

03-07-2006 , 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Master
Cool new forum,eh?:D Anyway, how do you do the double grenade trick where you throw two grenades like one second after each other?
Iam pretty sure that only works in Halo 2!
For that you have to overheat a plasma weapon (Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle or Cov. Sniper). That works the best with the Plasma Pistol because you need to shot only once. And when its overheated you have to wait till its almost half way again cold. Than just pull the left trigger a few times fast. You maybe have to try it sometimes to find the best moment to throw the grenades, but than its really easy!

Old   
darksamus111 Offline

Send a message via AIM to darksamus111Send a message via MSN to darksamus111
03-07-2006 , 10:15 PM

i think that u throw ur first nade then melee then throw again and i think that works

Old   
Carlp Offline

03-09-2006 , 01:29 PM

Is it new to get under the beginning room in Two Betrayls? Thats the room where the Halo ring Hologramm is and the Monitor begins to be your enemy and the sentinel Beam things begin to attack you instantly when the level starts.
I was just wondering, because I found a really easy way to get there and can make a video if you want me to!
EDIT: sry sry sry, Eternal Slayer just told me its old in the IRC Chat.
:(

Old   
EternalSlayer Offline

Send a message via AIM to EternalSlayerSend a message via MSN to EternalSlayer
03-09-2006 , 01:40 PM

Hehe #qanda does have it's uses [/ads]

Old   
Infuzed Offline

Send a message via MSN to Infuzed
Flying upside down. - 03-09-2006 , 09:08 PM

I was wondering how you fly upside down, I was a hosting a game and this guy kept doing it.

Does it involve going in a perfect circle in the air then flying down and then repeatedly going up and down?

Old   
MCspartan123 Offline

Send a message via AIM to MCspartan123
03-09-2006 , 10:40 PM

Q: Has anyone documented getting out of sidewinder and damnation?

Old   
Carlp Offline

03-10-2006 , 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infuzed
I was wondering how you fly upside down, I was a hosting a game and this guy kept doing it.

Does it involve going in a perfect circle in the air then flying down and then repeatedly going up and down?
Are you talking about the PC Version of Halo 1? If so I cant help you, because I never played it.
But I can tell you pretty sure that there is nothing like in Halo 2. If you played Halo 2 he might was a modder...

@MCspartan123
Iam pretty sure so!
I remember seeing a video of getting out of damnation (its too easy ;)) but I couldnt find one of getting out of Sidewinder.
So it would be pretty cool if you made a video!

Old   
Infuzed Offline

03-10-2006 , 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlp
Are you talking about the PC Version of Halo 1? If so I cant help you, because I never played it.
But I can tell you pretty sure that there is nothing like in Halo 2. If you played Halo 2 he might was a modder...
!
I have a mac so calling it pc is close enough. :)

But I was hosting so it's unlikely he used a modded map and if he used a devtrainer or outside program he would have lagged atleast a little during the game. He's from a stunts clan so that also points away from modding.

Old   
Carlp Offline

03-10-2006 , 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infuzed
I have a mac so calling it pc is close enough. :)

But I was hosting so it's unlikely he used a modded map and if he used a devtrainer or outside program he would have lagged atleast a little during the game. He's from a stunts clan so that also points away from modding.
Heh, PC means Personal Computer and a Mac is also a Personal Computer, isnt it? ;)
Well, I dont know much about Halo 1 PC (Or Mac if you want it so ;)). But if thats possible in MP it also should be possible in SP, that means also in Xbox SP and I think I would know that. But no garanty. You already told us a theory about how to do that, so why dont you try it on your own? :)

Old   
Infuzed Offline

03-10-2006 , 09:23 PM

Well I posted it because that method isn't working for me. :(

Old   
Arizona Black Offline

03-16-2006 , 12:09 PM

how do you double melee?

Old   
Infuzed Offline

03-17-2006 , 09:00 AM

Melee, throw a grenade, melee. :)

Old   
dark soul 61 Offline

Send a message via AIM to dark soul 61
03-17-2006 , 09:21 AM

how do you get to the bottom of the beggining of AotCR?

Old   
djDAP Offline

Send a message via AIM to djDAPSend a message via MSN to djDAP
03-17-2006 , 04:17 PM

[Answering: dark soul 61] Press X as you are getting out of the Pelican and you will get back into the Pelican.

EDIT: Has anyone gotten the bottom of the level Halo, after coming out of the tunnel and going thought the load zone? And if you know where a video of it might be.

Last edited by djDAP; 03-17-2006 at 04:39 PM. .

Old   
Carlp Offline

03-18-2006 , 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djDAP
[Answering: dark soul 61] Press X as you are getting out of the Pelican and you will get back into the Pelican.

EDIT: Has anyone gotten the bottom of the level Halo, after coming out of the tunnel and going thought the load zone? And if you know where a video of it might be.
Go into the Halo 1 to do list Thread.
There is a video of it. (Thinks so)
Buts I know for sure its listed there, so its been done.
And I think I saw a video of someone doing that with two Johnsons.

I also got a (EDIT: two) question:
Q1I launched with my friend over the hole in Keyes. When you walk out of the window you dont start the cutscene, thats cool, but probably old. Is there a way to survive that fall? Has anybody done that?
And when you look back to the ship you can see wierd dots in the very back, not there where walk through the level, behind that! Whats that?? I can upload a video if you want me to!

Q2
We also launched up to the top of the first part of the level Halo.
Where you get the warthog and the first BBT is.
We got up several times. When we stayed at the lower parts of the top everything was ok, but when we walked higher we somekind of froze.
Than we could just look around but nothing else. (No walking, shooting, throwing grenades etc.)
That also happend for short times when we just launched really high but came down again. But than it disappeared again.
Why is that?
And can you do something against that?

Last edited by Carlp; 03-18-2006 at 04:01 AM. .

Old   
djDAP Offline

Send a message via AIM to djDAPSend a message via MSN to djDAP
03-18-2006 , 02:06 PM

First off, that video link to "the bottom of Halo" dosen't work, and second the is the bottom of the level BEFORE you go into the tunnel; as I said, has anyone got to the bottom of the level AFTER coming out of the tunnel, someone else told Ms. Man has but I'm pretty sure that was also BEFORE.

Now to answer your (Carlp) question: I'm not sure what you mean on "Q1", but as far as "Q2", I couldn't give you any video (I have seen a couple though) links or forums on the "Safe and Freeze zones" on the outside of the level Halo (before tunnel).

You will freeze (only being able to move your head and zoom) if you are not in a "safe zone" when the Blue Beam shoots (every 14 seconds i think it is).

It took me about a day to learn where the safe zones are (where you won't be frozen) and arn't; the total area of safe zones is much less then that of freeze zones. And as you said "when we walked higher", my theory follows that; I think that the safe zones are below a certain hight and the freeze zones are higher: Say your looking at the level from it's side, then you draw a straight line across the level at 65M, anything equal or below that hight will never freeze, but if you are above the line you will. My theory.

Old   
Carlp Offline

03-18-2006 , 05:13 PM

Thanks for your answer, sorry I cant answer you more detailed :(

For my Q1:
You start the level Keyes in the spaceship "Truth and Reconcillation" and after some rooms you fall trough a hole to the ground of the planet. When you fall through the hole you start a cutscene how you fall into water and then you are in a total different "map".

But you can launch over the hole with two grenades. Then you are in the big hangar where you are a few times in the game. Keyes flies you out there with a dropship and once you have to take a banshee and fly out the big windows.
When you launched over there in the level "Keyes" you can also go trough that windows. You also will fall down but you dont start the cutscene. You just die because its very high.
So I wondered if someone survived that fall, because then you would be somewhere really cool!

And when you look to the inside of the ship while jumping out of the window you can see from below where the "real level" was. There where you started and supposed to be.
And very far away little thingys are in the air. About 30, small ones and big ones. You cant see what it is, so I wondered if anybody knew here!
They are not in the part where you are supposed to be in the level, they are beyond that.

I think that is a better description of my questions ;)