Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Yap and Blabber
Yap and Blabber Non-Halo, non-gaming discussion topics are welcome here. Beware of the ogre.
Notices

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

Why you don't like something you used to like - 06-14-2010 , 11:16 PM

Things change as we get older. The first thing many of you will think about when reading this is probably bands you used to like, but you can go with anything.

-In elementary school, I liked the Pokemon shows. That is of course until the episode where Ash, Misty, and Brock broke up as a trio traveling together. A part of me died that day.

-In middle school, I liked Green Day. I picked up the guitar and started learning their music. Not long after that, I was awesome at power chords. I then wanted to work on lead stuff and realized all the leads B.J.A. did were simple, so I started listening to other bands and didn't have interest in them anymore.

-I still like rock and classic rock, but I seem to enjoy either classical or metal and prog metal more, and I rarely listen to my rock music.

What about you guys? Why did you move on from something you used to like?

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

Send a message via AIM to fob12Send a message via MSN to fob12
06-14-2010 , 11:32 PM

A lot of music for what you said... it's too simple. I play guitar myself that's why. Even if I can or can't, complex music is more fun for me to listen to now. That or just something pounding with 8 oh 8s. :P

Baggy clothes.

Men. jk.

Girls. jk.

Chuck Norris jokes.

Church.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
06-15-2010 , 12:07 AM

Games. Yeah, I still have a soft spot, but I play maybe an hour's worth every 2 weeks, and that's just to kill a little time. We're getting a 360 soon, and maybe I'll play through the new halo games just because, but it won't be used by me hardly at all after that. I've kind of moved on. Life. And stuff. You know. Sunshine and all that. I still come back here though. Go figure.

Celtic music. Again, still a soft spot, but I haven't listened to any in years. I used to love Enya and Phil Coulter and Moya Brennan..... Don't judge. Their music is beautiful. I just don't listen to it anymore.
Classical almost made this category for awhile, but I got back into it after letting it slip. Yep, I still love it as much as I used to. I still dig a good symphony as much as I used to.

McDonald's. Used to love me some double cheeseburgers. I'm working on a year or more without them. Not missing them either. Nasteh.

Old   
wauterboi Offline

Send a message via AIM to wauterboiSend a message via MSN to wauterboiSend a message via Yahoo to wauterboiSend a message via Skype™ to wauterboi
06-15-2010 , 12:13 AM

Games. Yeah, I still have a soft spot, but I play maybe an hour's worth every 2 weeks, and that's just to kill a little time. We're getting a 360 soon, and maybe I'll play through the new halo games just because, but it won't be used by me hardly at all after that. I've kind of moved on. Life. And stuff. You know. Sunshine and all that. I still come back here though. Go figure.

No wait, that doesn't work. I still live under a rock.

Old   
ferrari Offline
DELETE COOKIES?!

Send a message via AIM to ferrari
06-15-2010 , 02:33 AM

The Sims—I used to obsess over that game, and now I haven't played it since.

NES games like Bubble Bobble—Stupid technology has caused me to move on.

The Magic School Bus—Do I even need an explanation?

Pokemon Card Collecting

School—Ever since second grade. My despise started as bullying then transformed into a lame chore. This lasted until I started college.

McDonald's chicken nuggets—After a few years and an increasing amount of cartilage/bone found in food, I disliked McDonald's from about the time I started elementary school until I started college. Kinda hard to dislike your biggest (and highest calorie) option for the munchies at college :)

Lunchables—Ate them every day in elementary school, and by fifth grade I couldn't stand them anymore. Now nearly a decade later I like them again.

Last edited by ferrari; 06-15-2010 at 09:11 PM. .

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
06-15-2010 , 04:36 PM

Egg mayonaise sammiches. Ate them every other day then my mam bought a tub of it for me (as opposed to making it), tons of egg shells in it, which made me puke, and gave me food poisoning for a few days.

I have an irrational fear of puking -.-

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

06-15-2010 , 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
I have an irrational fear of double posts. <.<
Funny, at another forum I'm a part of, everybody double posts and the mods and admins don't care... I still don't do it, though, because this was my first real forum and I learned all my forum etiquette here.

Shoot. Now I have Pokemon anime nostalgia.

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

06-15-2010 , 08:55 PM

Legos .

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
06-15-2010 , 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Legos .
OMG take that back.

Legos still friggin destroy.

Old   
armatik Offline
n -> ∞

Send a message via AIM to armatik
06-16-2010 , 01:12 AM

I used to play club soccer and was planning on a soccer scholarship.. realized that at the highest levels it's all politics and I decided I actually hated it (also it worked against me and I decided to stop pushing for it, just didn't care anymore). Plus, after college there's no future for that sort of thing unless you're something special (which I'm not).

Funny thing is, I can say that I'm not THAT into Halo anymore but as soon as I read any sort of conjecture on some outlandish theory in the Halo world on the Bungie forums (which may happen twice a year) I will go apeschlapskie researching and reading things about it. I still find myself a Halo fanatic, there's just hardly any new stuff to feed on.

Old   
Yasha Offline

06-17-2010 , 07:00 PM

I will always dig InuYasha

but I do see where you are coming from, especially for music.

Old   
HelloSayGoodbye Offline
When our powers combine!

Send a message via AIM to HelloSayGoodbyeSend a message via Skype™ to HelloSayGoodbye
06-17-2010 , 10:34 PM

The things I've stopped doing but still reminisce about are teh greatest. Its when I go back and do them, or watch that certain movie, I realize that I held it on a pedestal for way to long and it got cooler and cooler in my mind, but in reality it sucks now.

The main ones are movies like the goonies, and playing hide and go seek in the dark all around my neighborhood and the golf course with about 20 people every night during the summer.

Old   
Kalos Offline
hey human, call a rescue

06-17-2010 , 11:18 PM

Almost everything that I liked when I was younger I can say that I dropped simply because i no longer have the ludicrous amounts of free time that I did in Jr High and High School. Though, as far as changing tastes go:

I was really into just about anything animated when I was younger (who wasn't?) but that kind of fell out because everything I liked either ended its run and got replaced by something horrible, or simply became too repetitive.

I used to like Green Day a ton, especially their early albums, but American Idiot was the official point when I realized that they gave up their former charm for shallow social commentary and girl-moping (though I probably should have realized it an album of two beforehand).

I played just about every sport available to me when I was younger too, but quit doing anything organized with them each time they stopped being "something fun to do a few nights a week" and became "GRAAAAGH REPLACE ALL YOUR MEALS WITH PROTEIN SHAKES AND TRAIN THREE HOURS A DAY OR YOU'RE A TRAITOR TO THE TEAM!" I'm just not competitive enough for that.

Pokemon/collectible cards games/MMORPGs, or anything else where the whole attempt is to get to a certain number of monsters/monsters/levels, or whatever else I always give up on because once I'm mere inches away from completing my collection or grindy grind-fest, they release another goddamn expansion pack and I'm behind the curve again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottaj View Post
It's kind of funny that I've been replying to unwanted messages with pictures of my arsonskie, and you get b& for that.

Old   
Death Metal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Death Metal
06-17-2010 , 11:46 PM

Cottage cheese. lol

Old   
Shoe Offline
Bowl Reaper

Send a message via Skype™ to Shoe
06-18-2010 , 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Metal View Post
Cottage cheese. lol
Why you don't like something you used to like

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Goodbye HIH. I will always love you. I hope the day comes when I can delete this from my signature. That'll mean we're back in business.

You'll always have a special place in my childhood and in my heart.

-Shoe

Old   
UnfunnyBuisness Offline
Life = break from 360

Send a message via ICQ to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via AIM to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via MSN to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via Yahoo to UnfunnyBuisnessSend a message via Skype™ to UnfunnyBuisness
06-19-2010 , 03:52 PM

I used to like Sean Paul, saw him in concert, and now I'm confused out of my mind of why I even started to like him.