Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach General Discussion
Halo: Reach General Discussion For news, updates, and Beta discussion Halo: Reach, the definitive game of the Halo series.
Notices

Old   
Grande Carne Offline

Send a message via AIM to Grande CarneSend a message via MSN to Grande CarneSend a message via Skype™ to Grande Carne
04-28-2010 , 06:42 PM

The whole Legendary edition seems pretty lame, and it's $150. So I'll probably go with the Heroic or whatever the second was YEAH! The only things I remember that were any different were some action figures and a helmet and a box? The H3 Legendary edition I really never used so really there's not much advantage to the Reach one.

Old   
BierWiser Offline
BierWiser

Send a message via AIM to BierWiserSend a message via MSN to BierWiser
04-28-2010 , 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-043 View Post
I too only get the biggest version of a Halo game (it's the only game that deserves it)
I completely agree with this thought because of how much I like the Halo games. I can afford Legendary Edition, but I really don't wanna have the action figures, and I wouldn't want to have my flaming helmet on most of the time. That settles it for me.

If the Legendary Edition came with an actual armor permutation that I liked, I'd probably go for it then. Even though I'm getting the unique Elite armor with my Limited Edition, I bet there's gonna be a cooler looking armor for Elites to unlock. Yeah, I'm hoping for that even though Halo 3 failed to include a special Elite permutation for getting all of the achivements while Spartans got Security helmet and Katana armor.

Oh yeah, I ordered Limited Edition from Gamestop online. Did I do bad?

Old   
Shoe Offline
Bowl Reaper

Send a message via Skype™ to Shoe
04-28-2010 , 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierWiser View Post
I bet there's gonna be a cooler looking armor for Elites to unlock. Yeah, I'm hoping for that even though Halo 3 failed to include a special Elite permutation for getting all of the achivements while Spartans got Security helmet and Katana armor.
http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/show...63&postcount=2

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Goodbye HIH. I will always love you. I hope the day comes when I can delete this from my signature. That'll mean we're back in business.

You'll always have a special place in my childhood and in my heart.

-Shoe

Old   
Skulk Offline

04-28-2010 , 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0wFlame View Post
I think it's called 'me'. :3

Oh, and here's this for you:

Note: If you are offended by blurred-out drawings, don't open the spoiler(s).

ASPCA. American Students Picking on Children with Autism

OT: I think that the flames will just be another way for people to trash you.
-Wow queer no wonder you won, you spend all your time on this stupid game!
-Nuh uh liar!
-Yes huh! You even spent 28 gagillion bucks on the stupid legendary edition just so you would have epic sex appeal in a video game! NERD!!! BK!!!!!1!1!one!!!

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
04-29-2010 , 04:59 PM

Shoe, I have a feeling that you choose both your Spartan and Elite settings via the option menu. That way you're 'dressed up' the way you would like to be when you're forced as an elite in certain gametypes. Or have I missed something major?

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
BierWiser Offline
BierWiser

04-29-2010 , 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Shoe, I have a feeling that you choose both your Spartan and Elite settings via the option menu. That way you're 'dressed up' the way you would like to be when you're forced as an elite in certain gametypes. Or have I missed something major?
You haven't missed anything. Shoe's conclusion on the Elite's armor permutations is not backed up by his own speculations. While the Spartan is your main profile in Halo Reach's multiplayer and campaign, I believe there will be permutations available to Elites as well. While Shoe believes the opposite, I think that Bungie giving us a unique armor for the Elite further backs up the idea of further permutations for the Elite player model. Elites had armor permutations in Halo 3, why not Halo Reach?

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

04-29-2010 , 11:43 PM

Quote:
You haven't missed anything. Shoe's conclusion on the Elite's armor permutations is not backed up by his own speculations. While the Spartan is your main profile in Halo Reach's multiplayer and campaign, I believe there will be permutations available to Elites as well. While Shoe believes the opposite, I think that Bungie giving us a unique armor for the Elite further backs up the idea of further permutations for the Elite player model. Elites had armor permutations in Halo 3, why not Halo Reach?
I wasn't even aware this was under debate. Isn't it obvious that you do get to edit your Elite model like in Halo 2 and 3? The only difference is that every one is a Spartan by default, and your customized Elite will only be used in gametypes were you get to play as one.

I mean, come on, how else are they gonna do it?

Old   
hereticdonutboy Offline

07-02-2010 , 11:02 AM

Quote:
Ever since I saw that armor permutations were coming out in Halo 3, that was something I was most excited about. So, I do like that Limited Edition comes with a unique Elite armor. I do not like that the many with Legendary Edition will be allowed a flaming head.

First of all, it seems like a flaming head would give out your position. I know that it's pretty easy to spot players from across the map, but a flaming head just seems to shout, "Shoot me!"

Flaming helmets was only for Bungie employees in Halo 3, and that was cool. While it is Halo, and it is a game, a flaming head just doesn't seem very realistic in gameplay.

I am going to be buying the Limited Edition because I like the things that come with it. Since I really like armor permutations, I am going for the unique Elite armor that comes with it. Too bad there's no unique Spartan armor to come with either version, I'll just have to unlock the Spartan permutations.

Armor permutations look cool and are more subtle. Since this isn't what the flaming helmet is, I won't be fond of it. Seeing the flaming helmet is not gonna kill Halo Reach for me. I'll get used to it. Many of the players using the flaming helmet are gonna be great players, too. Perhaps the flaming helmet is to mislead people.

I dunno if anyone has put this much thought into the Legendary Edition's flaming helmet, but I wanted to see what people thought of it. Do you agree with any of my points or whatever.

Opinionize.
Legendary comes with everything in Limited Edition.

Old   
BierWiser Offline
BierWiser

07-02-2010 , 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticdonutboy View Post
Legendary comes with everything in Limited Edition.
I know.

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

07-02-2010 , 05:48 PM

There's also the Recon helmet now if you pre-order (not sure if that's been mentioned yet).

Bungie has confirmed that Elites are NOT edited piece-by-piece (like Spartans). You can choose which Elite SKIN you want to play as but you can not mix and match *this* helmet with *this* chest plate and have *these* shoulders - it's all one suit of armor chosen from the various Elite classes and ranks.

Also, I'm starting to think that the flaming helmet might not be visible to someone until you get fairly close to them. But I have no evidence to back that up.

Old   
Zee-V70 Offline
MELON ARMED

07-03-2010 , 12:46 PM

Now, here's what I'm wondering: do you actually unlock the Elite armor by killing one of those kinds of Elites, or is it just a matter of beating the level they appear in? Something tells me that it's going to be like Halo 2 where all the ranks don't appear in all the difficulties (as enemies, anyways), and you're going to have to beat certain levels on either Heroic or Legendary in order to encounter them. I don't have any evidence backing that up, though.

Old   
Shoe Offline
Bowl Reaper

Send a message via Skype™ to Shoe
07-03-2010 , 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-V70 View Post
Now, here's what I'm wondering: do you actually unlock the Elite armor by killing one of those kinds of Elites, or is it just a matter of beating the level they appear in? Something tells me that it's going to be like Halo 2 where all the ranks don't appear in all the difficulties (as enemies, anyways), and you're going to have to beat certain levels on either Heroic or Legendary in order to encounter them. I don't have any evidence backing that up, though.
I don't think it's either of those. When has it ever been? I think you unlock it just by ranking up.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Goodbye HIH. I will always love you. I hope the day comes when I can delete this from my signature. That'll mean we're back in business.

You'll always have a special place in my childhood and in my heart.

-Shoe

Old   
BierWiser Offline
BierWiser

07-03-2010 , 04:37 PM

Quote:
Now, here's what I'm wondering: do you actually unlock the Elite armor by killing one of those kinds of Elites, or is it just a matter of beating the level they appear in?
Actually, here's how it works. In campaign, one of your grenade choices is a Poke Ball and your goal is to capture the different kinds of Elites by throwing the Poke Ball at them. Afterward they will appear in your list of Elite player models for matchmaking.

For better discussion under the Halo Reach forum, I'd suggest keeping yourself up to date with Bungie's Weekly Updates. The Elite classes available to you in matchmaking will be based on your rank. Higher classed Elites will unlock as you rank up.

BWU 6.11.10
Quote:
Instead of piece-by-piece customization like the Spartans, Elite customization is a full model swap with models selected from the various Elite classes appearing throughout the Campaign. There are all kinds of reasons for this, not the least of which is our continued emphasis on the Spartan as your identity in Reach.

Elites will be automatically unlocked as players reach new Ranks. They aren’t something you’ll need to spend your hard-earned Credits on – we’ve got plenty of stuff for that.
Quote:
Something tells me that it's going to be like Halo 2 where all the ranks don't appear in all the difficulties (as enemies, anyways), and you're going to have to beat certain levels on either Heroic or Legendary in order to encounter them. I don't have any evidence backing that up, though.
It's true that the highest ranks of Covenant do not always appear in certain campaign levels. The class of enemy that will appear is based on two things: difficulty setting and the level. Later levels will almost always begin to show the highest class of enemies no matter what difficulty is set. As for going into legendary campaign from the start, this raises the chances of seeing high classed enemies in earlier levels. Overall, what I am saying is that there's basically no classes of enemies that are left out so long as you play through the entire campaign. Difficulty settings only determine when you'll come across higher classed enemies.

Old   
Zee-V70 Offline
MELON ARMED

07-04-2010 , 09:55 AM

Oh, alright, I just read the BWUs weird, then. I thought that you unlocked the armor upon encountering them in campaign. The main reason I brought the whole "higher level = new ranks" thing up was because I was thinking we'd have to play a few levels on Legendary to get some of the more important armor.

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

07-04-2010 , 03:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, alright, I just read the BWUs weird, then. I thought that you unlocked the armor upon encountering them in campaign. The main reason I brought the whole "higher level = new ranks" thing up was because I was thinking we'd have to play a few levels on Legendary to get some of the more important armor.
That's they should have done I think. That way you give more incentive for multiplayer focused people to play more campaign.

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
07-05-2010 , 02:49 AM

While i am a die-hard halo fan and i think that the noble statue looks awesome i am getting heroic edition for two reasons
1.Money i'm short on it.
2.Flaming helmet<Elite Armor choice

While flaming helmet has been coveted by others not me ill go with the armor hoping it looks as amazing as its siblings but as its photo shy i dont know what the Elite armor looks like :-(

Old   
THE_GUARDIANS_TACO Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to THE_GUARDIANS_TACO
07-08-2010 , 06:19 PM

I'm just going to save up, pre-order the legendary edition and pick it up on launch day, so that I can get everything I need out of both editions of the game. That way I'll be able to have flaming recon on launch day when I'm a spartan, and special elite armor when I play as elite.
But the first thing I'm going to do is test out the amazing new Forge 2.0 I cant wait for it.

Old   
OTfor2 Offline

07-09-2010 , 07:46 AM

The mandibules of the limited edition elite look atrophied and ridiculous.

Old   
HelloSayGoodbye Offline
When our powers combine!

Send a message via AIM to HelloSayGoodbyeSend a message via Skype™ to HelloSayGoodbye
07-13-2010 , 11:49 AM

I decided to go all for nothing this go around, and every once in awhile,I throw down 20 bucks on the game, so I don't have to drop 140 all at once.

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

07-13-2010 , 03:21 PM

Bungie currently has the studio all decked out for Media visits. They've been tweeting some pretty cool pictures of the ads and legendary edition packaging:

Last edited by Spartan-043; 07-15-2010 at 10:48 PM. .