Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Rockslider Offline

12-29-2010 , 09:39 AM

I enjoyed seeing a bit of long-range plasma pistol fire around 2:12. I've had quite a bit of fun with that over the years and I still use it regularly in standard gameplay. That weapon has amazing range and the pulses arc so beautifully and without any randomization in trajectory. It looks like here you had the second player at just the right distance that the pulses died right in front of him. That's what the clip was for I guess.

The hog getting bounced off the dropship on SC at 5:45 was nice. Can that be done in single-player, or does the dropship departure need to be triggered by a player down on the ground? Been a while since I was on top of the island.

In regard to the frozen SC covies at 1:17, can you get them in single-player, and if so, how?

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

12-30-2010 , 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Very very awesome, I need to get back into Halo 1, the reason I don't is because I can't record D:
When you can, we should throw a little something together =) Thanks for commenting, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr
Hmm, just out of curiosity did you use plasma or frag grenades for the pile? I think you used plasmas for previous attempts, just wondering if you tried using frags this time.

I'm on vacation atm, but when I come back I might take another shot at it. I actually thought of a better path to take when collecting grenades in the second loadzone. I'll go to all the areas, but avoid going inside the underground structure at the cliff tower. The cool thing about taking that route is that a nav point shows up right below you, so if I land on the other tower you'll see how far I went. xD
Still all plasma grenades. I can't stand frag grenades. I'd be interested to see you perform your new grenade collecting path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain
Hey guys,

First off - this is great. Loved every minute of it. Takes you back, and I'm glad Halo 1 is still being played. :-)

Second, VERY sorry I've not been around much. Kinda dropped off the radar purposefully since mid-December. Kinda weighing what my involvement will be from here on out. We'll see.

If you wonder if I'm dead, feel free to hit me on email. I'll be poking in more regularly now, though I'm pretty much done with Reach already. Good game, but...ya.
There he is! Been awhile, my friend. Glad you liked the video. No worries about not being around. No one can fault you for taking some you time. Me personally I was concerned that something bad happened, so I'm glad to hear you're doing alright. If you're looking for some people to manage the forum and keep up with news posting, I know a lot of people around here would be happy to help.

Also, can't blame you for being done with Reach. One of the only games I've played where I CAN play it, but just don't want to. It puts me to sleep. Even picking guys off in matchmaking is boring. Although I would like to release a jump video at some point, just because there's a lot of creative things you can do.

But anyway, glad you're back, Duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockslider
I enjoyed seeing a bit of long-range plasma pistol fire around 2:12. I've had quite a bit of fun with that over the years and I still use it regularly in standard gameplay. That weapon has amazing range and the pulses arc so beautifully and without any randomization in trajectory. It looks like here you had the second player at just the right distance that the pulses died right in front of him. That's what the clip was for I guess.

The hog getting bounced off the dropship on SC at 5:45 was nice. Can that be done in single-player, or does the dropship departure need to be triggered by a player down on the ground? Been a while since I was on top of the island.

In regard to the frozen SC covies at 1:17, can you get them in single-player, and if so, how?
Yeah, that's what the clip was for. It was to give the illusion that player 2 wasn't being damaged at all, when really the shots just disappear at a certain distance. I've always wanted to film that little trick. Finally got around to doing it for this video =)

Not sure if that dropship bounce can be done in single player. You'd have to ask people who know more than I do about single player, but I'm assuming it can be done. If you get a hog on top of the map without visiting that certain beach (by the overshield), you can probably trigger the dropship to leave while on top of the level. Then if you're fast enough you can maybe reach it in time to bounce off of it.

You could get to those frozen covies in single player for sure. Easiest way would be to position a warthog at the top of the ramp that leads down into the maproom, with a marine in the gunner seat. Fire off a round so the marine turns the turret towards you and bumps you into the ceiling, which is ridiculously easy to get up in to. Then you just have to walk down on the rafters, jumping over the loadzone and voila.

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
3rd Person Offline

01-01-2011 , 10:06 PM

I was happily surprised to see such a solid variety vid appear in the holiday's. Tricks were fun and creative and the length was good. Music was enjoyable too.
Hope to see more of these from you!

You also gave me the motivation too finish my own video during the last 2 weeks

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

01-02-2011 , 03:32 AM

I do have a few more videos in mind. Glad to hear I motivated you to finish this mystery video of yours. Funny how you were one of the three people who inspired me to start tricking in the first place, now I'm inspiring you :P

Old   
Accidentus Offline

01-04-2011 , 06:47 PM

Very enjoyable. Great to see at least 1 person still tricking out H1. Loved the marine launch (I know how annoying those can be) and the banshee wing clip. I eagerly wait for Dosage (sorry to hear about your clips btw, I know how frustrating that must be).

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
01-06-2011 , 10:59 PM

For what is worth that has to be one of the coolest things i've ever seen. The banshee clip was my favorite, but the spirit clip is a very close second. Thanks for the vid, looking forward to Dosage to see that bag of epicness.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

01-07-2011 , 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidentus View Post
Very enjoyable. Great to see at least 1 person still tricking out H1. Loved the marine launch (I know how annoying those can be) and the banshee wing clip. I eagerly wait for Dosage (sorry to hear about your clips btw, I know how frustrating that must be).
What can I say, Halo 1 tricking is addicting. God, I hate marine launching. I had a couple other marine launches planned for this video, but after the easy one I attempted on Halo-Halo failed for no reason, I just stuck with this one. Glad you're looking forward to Dosage as well! And yeah, losing those clips was so frustrating, confusing, and depressing. It's never happened to me before. So of course, what project do my clips have to mess up on for no reason? The project I've put the most time in to and worked the hardest on. Ugh... I'm confident I can recover the files though, so I'm not too worried. I've been meaning to get them back for awhile now, actually. I should really try that again @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by repivemag
For what is worth that has to be one of the coolest things i've ever seen. The banshee clip was my favorite, but the spirit clip is a very close second. Thanks for the vid, looking forward to Dosage to see that bag of epicness.
Haha, snagged yet another with the banshee clip! That was definitely a keeper. What spirit clip are you talking about though? You're most welcome for the video, and Dosage will not disappoint, considering the banshee wing is one of my weakest clips =)

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
01-07-2011 , 07:44 PM

I was talking about the one where you bounced off the Spirit with the warthog on SC. Maybe it wasn't as amazing as say the marine launch but something about it says "awesome" to me. One of the weakest you say...wow.

Old   
theneighborrkid Offline

Send a message via AIM to theneighborrkid
01-11-2011 , 05:42 AM

i love all of your videos man, this one included, could watch them all day.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

01-11-2011 , 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repivemag View Post
I was talking about the one where you bounced off the Spirit with the warthog on SC. Maybe it wasn't as amazing as say the marine launch but something about it says "awesome" to me. One of the weakest you say...wow.
Ah, I see. I wasn't aware the dropship actually had a name, so that threw me off for a bit =D. I really like the dropship launch. After I'd landed a few satisfying launches, I kept doing it over and over again. You can waste away hours on dropships, I swear. The marine launch is actually quite simple as well. I did that to relive some old memories. I have a clip on some old VHS tapes of me getting... I'm pretty sure every marine on the level up there. Saw SneakyPete do it first.

And yeah, one of my weakest clips. Very clever and cool, but setting it up wasn't very difficult, nor did it take much time. I have some launches planned where I have to manipulate loadzones, some that involve more than two vehicles, and some that will take me at least 5 or 6 hours to set up. That launch only took me maybe 20 minutes to do. That's why this project is taking so long to finish, because I've failed some of those longer, more difficult launches. I've attempted one 5 times now with no luck, and I have to collect 80 grenades for it X_x

But it'll be worth it in the end, especially because I get to edit a part of the video to Nine Inch Nails :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneighborrkid
i love all of your videos man, this one included, could watch them all day.
Now there's someone I haven't seen on HIH in awhile. Glad you liked the video, and all my other videos, neighborr! ^_^

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
01-12-2011 , 09:46 PM

@ Slynkster:

I really liked the video. It was interesting and engaging all the way through. Music choice was good, stunts were nice and original, and some epic. I'm excited for Dosage!

When you run out of places to go... get to them in different ways. When you run out of ways to get places... make new places. Win.

-Mator

Old   
Measels Offline

01-25-2011 , 07:45 AM

Dang totally forgot to comment on this!

Great vid. Very entertaining. Fun launches.

Old   
flechette Offline

02-13-2011 , 05:54 AM

Seems like every game-related board I visit, slYnki is involved and making videos or adding his 2 cents. Good work man, you're the reason I keep my oxbox.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

02-17-2011 , 02:04 PM

flechette sighting!

Thanks for commenting, ol' buddy. You're far too kind.