Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

03-31-2010 , 03:12 PM

So people have been in the pits on the beginning of quarantine zone? If its been done someone should film it. Also I had this awesome idea on SI: What if you got under the pistons without opening them? Like baw inside and then either de-bounce through the bottom or baw straight downwards. It would be hard but could lead to some really cool tricks.

Edit: Just thought of another way to get in the GS room: Get a sentinal inside the hallway and jump towards the door and sword cancel the sentinel until you go through the barrier. That is probably more effective then bawing.

Edit 2: BTW is this the video where the pits death barriers disappear? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PElJF0RgOY If it is how do you do this?

You are right there is no sword! Damn!! :(

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-31-2010 , 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFan123 View Post
So people have been in the pits on the beginning of quarantine zone? If its been done someone should film it. Also I had this awesome idea on SI: What if you got under the pistons without opening them? Like baw inside and then either de-bounce through the bottom or baw straight downwards. It would be hard but could lead to some really cool tricks.

Edit: Just thought of another way to get in the GS room: Get a sentinal inside the hallway and jump towards the door and sword cancel the sentinel until you go through the barrier. That is probably more effective then bawing.
Good idea and it's been discussed but there's no sword. I've tried every way I could think of to produce a sword on SI. Thunderstorm does nothing and I've never seen a sword wielding Flood in that level.

I think SRL went down in the pits at the Gondola entry structure.

Old   
surtic Offline

03-31-2010 , 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Heh, good things take time I guess. Maybe he's in his dark room developing fabulous vids for us.

Do you have someone who could delay the CP. Little bro or sis? I think, the next time you feel like playing, that would do the trick. If I could have used my setup over and over again I think I would have at least seen something. Just a clip of the Hog flying along would be cool. The next time I feel like setting it up I'm just going to launch for a bit, maybe have P2 watch the launch and I could time it from launch to hitting the barrier.

We may have to fly past the unbarrier first. The unbarrier is like a curtain but you can pass through it. It's not too far from the tunnel entrance and something tells me it has to do with the boundary of map 2. We may need to fly past that point before tripping the lz. Just some thoughts.

Wait, I meant to ask. What do you mean you set up a swordfly? From where to where? Through the lz? ?????

Dayum, could you set the enemy back far enough to just swordfly up? What the hell, my brain is trying to reassemble the model too quickly. Maybe lob a Hog real slow and swordfly to the Hog? Jeez-o-peet there's so much left to do and I don't want to do any of it.
I have a little brother, but he would most likely:
a) shoot me and laugh
b) stick me, or
c) yell "I'M BORED!"

My sword fly was with a ghost. My whole set-up went like this:

1. Kill elite with sword
2. Get sword
3. T-bag enemy
(During all of this have warthog set on tunnel w/ nade pile with P1)
4. Have P2 get in the sideseat of a separate warthog, with ghost next to it
5. Lock and swipe on Jackal or Grunt
6. Swith to Ghost
7. Drive to the pipes, right in front of the LZ
8. Get CP (didn't do this though, had a random CP during the swordfly setup)
9. Launch
10. Somehow delay CP during the exit of the pipes
11. SF if you need to see if there's a warthog.

My swordfly came out really retarded. My guy was flying fine, but then he just dropped out of the sky. This has happened before, not sure why.

Oh, and when I did my setup before, I didn't remember the CP in the tunnel, so I technically gained 2 CPs. We need to figure out how to delay that CP. I can't use my brother, he's to squirrely. Maybe a bribe...

And for the elite with the sword, you need to play on normal. Or, there maybe some skull that adds the difficulty, so you may get the sword from there. But I played on Normal (yes that sounds weird).

I drove through the LZ w/ ghost and flew for a little. REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE!

And SRL did go through the Gondola pits, he has it in one of his videos. I believe it was one of his trailers (?) i saw on his archive or his profile page on YT.

Edit: Do you guys think that the birds on DH are rideable? You know, the peilcans that fly overhead over the bridge. Maybe we could raise a pelican up there and try to ride them down, maybe through the death-barried water. Pretty off-topic, but everything is loosely related.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-31-2010 , 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surtic View Post
I have a little brother, but he would most likely:
a) shoot me and laugh
b) stick me, or
c) yell "I'M BORED!"

My sword fly was with a ghost. My whole set-up went like this:

1. Kill elite with sword
2. Get sword
3. T-bag enemy
(During all of this have warthog set on tunnel w/ nade pile with P1)
4. Have P2 get in the sideseat of a separate warthog, with ghost next to it
5. Lock and swipe on Jackal or Grunt
6. Swith to Ghost
7. Drive to the pipes, right in front of the LZ
8. Get CP (didn't do this though, had a random CP during the swordfly setup)
9. Launch
10. Somehow delay CP during the exit of the pipes
11. SF if you need to see if there's a warthog.

My swordfly came out really retarded. My guy was flying fine, but then he just dropped out of the sky. This has happened before, not sure why.

Oh, and when I did my setup before, I didn't remember the CP in the tunnel, so I technically gained 2 CPs. We need to figure out how to delay that CP. I can't use my brother, he's to squirrely. Maybe a bribe...

And for the elite with the sword, you need to play on normal. Or, there maybe some skull that adds the difficulty, so you may get the sword from there. But I played on Normal (yes that sounds weird).

I drove through the LZ w/ ghost and flew for a little. REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE!

And SRL did go through the Gondola pits, he has it in one of his videos. I believe it was one of his trailers (?) i saw on his archive or his profile page on YT.
Where did you swipe, what part of the tunnel? On OS and QZ you could pass an lz and still fly, but not all lz's. On OS you can fly going through the tunnel tug one way but if you rearm the swordflight and go back through it will not work. Tug points are finicky.

Maybe you dropped from the sky because your enemy deloaded. You will only fly for as long as the enemy stays. Did another lz or CP happen at the point where you dropped?

Also, I just get Thunderstorm and they all have swords.

Also also, I get a good CP at the tunnel with BE on, but I like to launch/tug without BE because you don't need it. When I get to the tunnel tug I don't get the right CP without BE. Just the opposite of what BE usually does.

Also also also, what death barrier water on DH?

Old   
surtic Offline

03-31-2010 , 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Where did you swipe, what part of the tunnel? On OS and QZ you could pass an lz and still fly, but not all lz's. On OS you can fly going through the tunnel tug one way but if you rearm the swordflight and go back through it will not work. Tug points are finicky.

Maybe you dropped from the sky because your enemy deloaded. You will only fly for as long as the enemy stays. Did another lz or CP happen at the point where you dropped?

Also, I just get Thunderstorm and they all have swords.

Also also, I get a good CP at the tunnel with BE on, but I like to launch/tug without BE because you don't need it. When I get to the tunnel tug I don't get the right CP without BE. Just the opposite of what BE usually does.

Also also also, what death barrier water on DH?
I swiped at the end of the tunnel, up on the ramp at the right, and cornered a jackal who happened to be there. Maybe it was a random occurrence for me.

Yes, a CP occurred on the dome.

The death barrier I believe is by the waterfall, in the murky water below. I believe you can launch in the middle of the lake and drive there, but that fails. I wanna see myself ride down literally on a pelican (bird, not plane) into the water down there.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-31-2010 , 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surtic View Post
I wanna see myself ride down literally on a pelican (bird, not plane) into the water down there.
It would be awesome to ride one of those birds down. Epic!

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-01-2010 , 02:34 AM

In the beginning, there are no deathbarriers, but the structure isn't relly loaded either.
Later on, when the structures load, there are killzones above and below the structures, so you can't actually get there.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-01-2010 , 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
In the beginning, there are no deathbarriers, but the structure isn't relly loaded either.
Later on, when the structures load, there are killzones above and below the structures, so you can't actually get there.
Lol, whut? Heh, is there a quote missing?

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

04-01-2010 , 02:44 AM

Oops, yeah. I was referring to the DH structures, where surtic wanted to ride one of the birds down.
I also think that those guys are unsolid.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-01-2010 , 02:49 AM

Quote:
Oops, yeah. I was referring to the DH structures, where surtic wanted to ride one of the birds down.
I also think that those guys are unsolid.
Yeah, I never though about it but you can shoot 'em.

CS side note: I decided to BAW at the glass where the Covey ship docks (above the lift door that leads to the bomb room). I tried before the JP Elites were spawned at the gun. So:

I killed P2 - 4 plasmas and 4 frags
I killed P1 - 4 plasmas and 4 frags
Then I beat down P2 for BE and the strangest thing happened; P1 picked up 4 plasmas and 4 frags no matter how far I went away from the pile to beat down P2. The damned nades teleported to P1 no matter what. So, in order to have a decent pile, P2 had to go back and pick up more plasmas.

I was looking at the IAC on Cairo. Sure has a lot of structure to it, has anybody ever tried to BAW in the engines or along some of the interesting side walls?

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
04-01-2010 , 09:13 AM

Quick note: This should be stickied.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

04-01-2010 , 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODST View Post
Quick note: This should be stickied.
Agree.

To Grumpy: This is really weird... I have no explanation for this, the only thing I can think of is the ship's bouncy barrier, but that's a bit unusual....

Also, nobody has tried to BAW the IAC. I guess there is jsut empty space, though.

I've completed one of the challenges, I went for the door where you go back in on Oracle on the Arbiter Level. The lower door (where you grab a Banshee on Oracle) has no room behind it, but when I went through the upper door, I found the whole room where the "The cable, I'm going to cut it"-cutscene takes place. At the door on the other side of the room is no killzone, but when you get in and down you will see that the cable room from Oracle is not loaded, yet.
I'll make a vid, shall I post it here or should I make an own thread?

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-01-2010 , 12:33 PM

Quote:
Agree.

To Grumpy: This is really weird... I have no explanation for this, the only thing I can think of is the ship's bouncy barrier, but that's a bit unusual....

Also, nobody has tried to BAW the IAC. I guess there is jsut empty space, though.

I've completed one of the challenges, I went for the door where you go back in on Oracle on the Arbiter Level. The lower door (where you grab a Banshee on Oracle) has no room behind it, but when I went through the upper door, I found the whole room where the "The cable, I'm going to cut it"-cutscene takes place. At the door on the other side of the room is no killzone, but when you get in and down you will see that the cable room from Oracle is not loaded, yet.
I'll make a vid, shall I post it here or should I make an own thread?
Sounds cool, may as well make a thread.

OT - My post time has been an hour off here off lately. Only on HIH, today I posted at 9:30 and the HIH time was 8:30. Nothing has changed in my HIH 'Options' so I'm still Pacific time. It's possible it's me because my comp never automatically changed to daylight savings time when it was supposed to.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-01-2010 , 01:31 PM

I was so excited when I got my new halo 2 disc I ordered in the mail today!! I took it out of its case and put it in the xbox. Turns out its froodlenutzkieING BROKEN!!!!!!!! froodlenutzkie! They sent me a broken disc( used). I am so angry right now I can't even explain! :(((((((((((((((ANGRY FACE WITH 15 LIPS!!!!!
I ordered a new one and now I am going to have to wait another froodlenutzkieING week to get it! FML!

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

04-01-2010 , 01:51 PM

Quote:
I was so excited when I got my new halo 2 disc I ordered in the mail today!! I took it out of its case and put it in the xbox. Turns out its froodlenutzkieING BROKEN!!!!!!!! froodlenutzkie! They sent me a broken disc( used). I am so angry right now I can't even explain! :(((((((((((((((ANGRY FACE WITH 15 LIPS!!!!!
I ordered a new one and now I am going to have to wait another froodlenutzkieING week to get it! FML!
Oh man, that must suck. Did you order a use dor a new disc? I would always buy new ones, you can get them very cheap, meanwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Grumpy
Sounds cool, may as well make a thread.

OT - My post time has been an hour off here off lately. Only on HIH, today I posted at 9:30 and the HIH time was 8:30. Nothing has changed in my HIH 'Options' so I'm still Pacific time. It's possible it's me because my comp never automatically changed to daylight savings time when it was supposed to.
Alright, it comes to my mind that I also forgot to make the video of launching to the other space stations on Cairo.

I did not know you have that stupid thing with daylight saving times over there too, I thought we in Europe were the only unlucky guys.... Well, I don't know, my HIH times changed by themselves, but it does not depend on the computer you use. If I came over to the USA and would log in to my account I would still have GMT+1. Maybe just change it manually, idk...

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-01-2010 , 01:57 PM

Quote:
Oh man, that must suck. Did you order a use dor a new disc? I would always buy new ones, you can get them very cheap, meanwhile.

Alright, it comes to my mind that I also forgot to make the video of launching to the other space stations on Cairo.

I did not know you have that stupid thing with daylight saving times over there too, I thought we in Europe were the only unlucky guys.... Well, I don't know, my HIH times changed by themselves, but it does not depend on the computer you use. If I came over to the USA and would log in to my account I would still have GMT+1. Maybe just change it manually, idk...
Then it would not be PST, I would have to choose Alaska time. As far as daylight savings itself, I've been working computers for 15 years and never had to change my time manually until this year. Just odd, no big deal.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-01-2010 , 02:02 PM

I got a used one and I just ordered a brand new one so hopefully it will work.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-01-2010 , 02:07 PM

Quote:
I got a used one and I just ordered a brand new one so hopefully it will work.
Didn't see your other post, sorry about your disk but at least you got a used one.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-01-2010 , 02:30 PM

Yeah it sucks. I think I'm going to try some halo 1 tricking till my new halo 2 disc comes. I also may need some help since all that I can do is launch.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-01-2010 , 07:00 PM

I am madly in love with toothpaste now!!! It fixed my disc and I am trying the GS room right now. Thank you lord for colgate! :)