Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
WTF? I can see the whole list, with all the pics...
OK, it's there now. What does that have to do with getting down the shaft?

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-07-2010 , 06:03 PM

Nothing, I was referring to Metalfan, that's why I quoted him. I'm confuzzled.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Nothing, I was referring to Metalfan, that's why I quoted him. I'm confuzzled.
OK, I got the Warthog tunnel straight. What glass where the JP Elites are was he talking about?

Sorry for my posts, I'm in extreme pain right now and that corner ride down the shaft is getting me.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-07-2010 , 06:31 PM

Grumpy sorry for the confusion, but I was talking about getting under the drone lift with the killzone challenge. I was just stating an idea I had which could work, but I need someone to do it because I can't baw for my life for some reason. Its like a curse.

Edit: BTW I did mean heroic sorry.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFan123 View Post
Grumpy sorry for the confusion, but I was talking about getting under the drone lift with the killzone challenge. I was just stating an idea I had which could work, but I need someone to do it because I can't baw for my life for some reason. Its like a curse.

Edit: BTW I did mean heroic sorry.
Alright, I had guessed as much but I wasn't sure, I'm not thinking clearly. What glass part there? The top glass? You said you could look into it? I've been looking at that drone lift lately so I'm interested.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
04-07-2010 , 06:52 PM

*cough* grumpy, get skype. *cough(

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-07-2010 , 07:31 PM

IDK how to explain the glass I am speaking of but here goes: Right before you meet the jet pack elites in the outside area you are in this room with johnson and the girl( I forget her name) helping them fight. If you look to your right when you enter that room you will see a big window that shows the area after you get off the lift (the thingy that shifts up and down). My idea is to baw out there and live so you have not triggered the jet pack elites or the lift. Once down there the door leading to the bottom of the lift is right near you. The problem is you will have to save some nades before you baw through the window so you can have 4 frags and 4 plasmas when you are out of the window. That might be enough but I don't know yet. Once you set up the baw near the locked door that leads into the bottom of the lift. Either hope you get a checkpoint magically or overload. Another option would be to go pro like TrickerAgainstDaOdds and use yelo to give you a checkpoint (just kidding). Once you baw through that locked door you will be at the bottom of the lift with no killzone hopefully. IDK its just an idea.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 07:58 PM

Quote:
IDK how to explain the glass I am speaking of but here goes: Right before you meet the jet pack elites in the outside area you are in this room with johnson and the girl( I forget her name) helping them fight. If you look to your right when you enter that room you will see a big window that shows the area after you get off the lift (the thingy that shifts up and down). My idea is to baw out there and live so you have not triggered the jet pack elites or the lift. Once down there the door leading to the bottom of the lift is right near you. The problem is you will have to save some nades before you baw through the window so you can have 4 frags and 4 plasmas when you are out of the window. That might be enough but I don't know yet. Once you set up the baw near the locked door that leads into the bottom of the lift. Either hope you get a checkpoint magically or overload. Another option would be to go pro like TrickerAgainstDaOdds and use yelo to give you a checkpoint (just kidding). Once you baw through that locked door you will be at the bottom of the lift with no killzone hopefully. IDK its just an idea.
OK, you mean go outside and go to the door that leads to the lift? That's the door you come out of after leaving the lift and you meet the second set of Elites, right? Is that the door you are talking about?

To answer a question you asked in another thread, the Green door is on Sacred Icon and HB has it in this thread, along with a description. We should keep all the exploration posts in here and that's why I didn't answer you in the other thread.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-07-2010 , 08:11 PM

Yes that door!!! Finally someone gets it thank you. What do you think of the idea?

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 08:24 PM

Quote:
Yes that door!!! Finally someone gets it thank you. What do you think of the idea?
I like it but there's two doors there so more nades are needed and I haven't tried it yet because the lift may be down all the way, as it usually is.

I was trying to find a weak spot in the walls below that door. If you jump down on either side of that exit door there's a wall separating you from that room. That whole room below the lift when it's at the bottom is awesome but the side-walls leading to it are too thick.

If you are standing outside the door you're talking about, the room is directly below you. Maybe there's a way to get down from the top.

To HB - this thread is looking really good and we really appreciate your efforts.

Old   
MetalFan123 Offline

04-07-2010 , 08:49 PM

You're right about that. What are your ideas on the lift?

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 10:15 PM

Quote:
Nothing yet, I have to go back and look around some more..

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 10:17 PM

Quote:
Nothing yet, I have to go back and look around some more. Maybe under those doohickey's that bob up and down (MAC gun mechanism).

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 11:59 PM

Dbl post but it might be worth it.

MetalFan - I went under those rocker-arm things that make the MAC gun work and I BAW'ed right through. Unfortunately I saw only sky so I guess it deloads after going down the lift and exiting the door.

So, if you go there before you're supposed to there's a chance that room will be loaded. It's a simple BAW and I used 8 plasmas and 2 frags. Give it a try if you want, or anyone else. I would try not trying to get out, just follow the game until you are outside. That way it's probably loaded but you might be under the death barrier. You have plenty of nades so just hop over the top and give it a BAW.

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
04-08-2010 , 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Dbl post but it might be worth it.

MetalFan - I went under those rocker-arm things that make the MAC gun work and I BAW'ed right through. Unfortunately I saw only sky so I guess it deloads after going down the lift and exiting the door.

So, if you go there before you're supposed to there's a chance that room will be loaded. It's a simple BAW and I used 8 plasmas and 2 frags. Give it a try if you want, or anyone else. I would try not trying to get out, just follow the game until you are outside. That way it's probably loaded but you might be under the death barrier. You have plenty of nades so just hop over the top and give it a BAW.
I think that's what he was asking. Get outside before you leave the airlock and go down to that area. Makes sense. Might just work. But doesn't that wall have a death barrier on it? Or am I just thinking about something else?

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-08-2010 , 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causeofdeath15 View Post
I think that's what he was asking. Get outside before you leave the airlock and go down to that area. Makes sense. Might just work. But doesn't that wall have a death barrier on it? Or am I just thinking about something else?
It may have a death barrier but it's worth a try. The place to BAW is underneath the rocker-arms, the wall is thin there. I tried after the drone lift was used and it had deloaded. The only other thing to try is before it's activated. One way is to go to the BAW spot during regular game-play and the other is to BAW twice, BAW out before you activate the first JP Elites and then go over and BAW (but the drone lift area may not be activated). I think the best chance is to BAW just before activating the Drone lift area (during regular game-play.

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
04-08-2010 , 02:10 AM

Quote:
It may have a death barrier but it's worth a try. The place to BAW is underneath the rocker-arms, the wall is thin there. I tried after the drone lift was used and it had deloaded. The only other thing to try is before it's activated. One way is to go to the BAW spot during regular game-play and the other is to BAW twice, BAW out before you activate the first JP Elites and then go over and BAW (but the drone lift area may not be activated). I think the best chance is to BAW just before activating the Drone lift area (during regular game-play.
Does that one wall still have a death barrier on it if you don't go in that elevator room? Might want to check that, because the death barrier covers that entire space.

Testing...

EDIT: Bad news. I played through the level normally and got out into the low gravity section and the death barrier is still there, even before you go in the Drone shaft. Which means someone needs to get outside BEFORE the new chapter "Authorized Personnel Only" or sometime before that and find out if the death barrier is still there.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-08-2010 , 03:00 AM

Quote:
Does that one wall still have a death barrier on it if you don't go in that elevator room? Might want to check that, because the death barrier covers that entire space.

Testing...

EDIT: Bad news. I played through the level normally and got out into the low gravity section and the death barrier is still there, even before you go in the Drone shaft. Which means someone needs to get outside BEFORE the new chapter "Authorized Personnel Only" or sometime before that and find out if the death barrier is still there.
How do you know the death barrier is there, you're on the outside? I mean, the idea was to BAW in just to see if the lower room is loaded. Did you BAW inside the room and decide there is a death barrier?

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

04-08-2010 , 03:05 AM

Quote:
How do you know the death barrier is there, you're on the outside?
Well, the reason the barrier is there in the first place is because it comes out more then it should, right past the wall. Which is why you die when you walk into the wall. Either that, or Bungie just likes placing random, unneeded death barriers in places that don't matter... This isn't Halo 3. :P

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-08-2010 , 03:24 AM

Quote:
Well, the reason the barrier is there in the first place is because it comes out more then it should, right past the wall. Which is why you die when you walk into the wall. Either that, or Bungie just likes placing random, unneeded death barriers in places that don't matter... This isn't Halo 3. :P
There's no death barrier where I'm trying to BAW:

http://www.filefront.com/16060433/H2CSBAW.wmv/

This would be the back way into the lower room, below the Drone lift and maybe below the death barrier that's inside. If you try and jump down from inside, you die but that doesn't mean the barrier is everywhere.

On GJ at the beginning there's a death barrier if you try and jump down the cliff, but you can launch past it and then go back to the cliff without dying. That death barrier is only a thin layer. If you jump up toward the cliff you will die. So I'm hoping the Drone lift death barrier is just a layer and I'm trying to get underneath it.