Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum Halo 3 General Discussion Forum
Halo 3 General Discussion Forum All things NOT related to Halo 3 tricking are welcome here.
Notices

Old   
crosseyes Offline

Send a message via MSN to crosseyes
06-01-2010 , 11:00 AM

In 343's battle, I always thought it'd be cool if he like, drew shields from generators around the room and you actually had to maneuver around the room while killing sentinels and avoiding Spark's attacks, using all the WASTED geometry Bungie put into that room.

IMO, Spark was just an excuse to kill off Johnson, as Bungie stated in the bonus disc content, to bring in some death to enhance the realism and deepen the plot. Or...something like that.

Old   
Stockwell Offline
RaaaawwwWRRRR!!!

06-01-2010 , 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFriedSushi View Post
I totally forgot that Halo 3 had a boss.

343 was pretty pathetic IMO.
ORLY? me and my team of 4 got raped by him so much when we tried to do annual. lolz

Old   
DeepFriedSushi Offline
Sooo Ironic

Send a message via AIM to DeepFriedSushi
06-01-2010 , 06:39 PM

really? me and my friends didn't have trouble.

well, i actually do recall one of my friends dying because he was being careless or something like that.

Old   
Dragondex Offline
All you need is love

Send a message via MSN to Dragondex
07-21-2010 , 07:28 AM

I totally agree with DeepFriedSushi, I think the scarab battles in Halo 3 were probably the best parts in the game. Big, explosive, and simply fun.

Tartarus was just funking annoying, and Guilty Spark was just ridiculous.

Old   
Zee-V70 Offline
MELON ARMED

07-21-2010 , 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierWiser View Post
This was fixed very quickly with Halo 2's introduction. Since they are apparently easy to kill in Halo 3 ODST, it's more likely this will carry over into the next game, Halo Reach.

I really can't remember if Hunters were pretty tough to kill in Halo 3's Legendary difficulty. I haven't been on campaign in a long time.

I think they've been buffed.

Old   
ODST Offline
HIH <3

Send a message via Skype™ to ODST
07-24-2010 , 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-V70 View Post

I think they've been buffed.
O_o Buff they are.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-24-2010 , 06:19 PM

Well not all Spartans were as tall as John. So it does make sense that hunters seem taller and menacingly buffer in Halo: Reach. Lol.

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

07-24-2010 , 08:56 PM

^plus, these are spartan 3s, the augmenting process was different.

Anyway, speaking of bosses or lack thereof, anyone remember the Flood Juggernaut from the missing fight in halo 2?

Old   
repivemag Offline

Send a message via MSN to repivemag
07-24-2010 , 11:34 PM

Heard about it, Looked it up, Thought it was awesome, Sad it was removed :(

Old   
BierWiser Offline
BierWiser

Send a message via AIM to BierWiserSend a message via MSN to BierWiser
07-26-2010 , 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Gruntz View Post
Well not all Spartans were as tall as John. So it does make sense that hunters seem taller and menacingly buffer in Halo: Reach. Lol.
I think the Hunters are just giant now. Can't wait for an explanation from Bungie, "Sorry guys, Hunters aren't bigger, you're just midgets."

Old   
Zee-V70 Offline
MELON ARMED

07-26-2010 , 08:57 PM

Someone in a Bungie Q&A said that Hunters "change size", probably in terms of forming colonies depending on gravity and environment. Reach has less gravity than Earth, so go figure.

Old   
repivemag Offline

07-27-2010 , 03:52 AM

I'm not going to go into my lecture mode on why the Reach characters are smaller. I'm just going to say that the reason your smaller and have a health bar (other than being a game mechanic) is because your a Spartan-III not a Spartan-II. However it does seem as if the hunters have been...upgraded.

EDIT: Just noticed Zee-V70's post and everything i've read about hunters and their "creation" leads me to believe that gravity has nothing to do with their size. Environment is something that could contribute but i doubt it. Their's probably no real canonical explaination for their upgrade. Bungie probably just wanted to make them tougher.

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

07-28-2010 , 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repivemag View Post
EDIT: Just noticed Zee-V70's post and everything i've read about hunters and their "creation" leads me to believe that gravity has nothing to do with their size. Environment is something that could contribute but i doubt it. Their's probably no real canonical explaination for their upgrade. Bungie probably just wanted to make them tougher.
Canon or not, biology as we understand it would support Zee's claims.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
07-28-2010 , 05:17 PM

Yeah, aren't they made from worms or something? It would make sense to me that different planets would make the space between the worms more or less compact depending on the gravity. Backing up Noff, canon or not, I think it's a good explanation.

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
BierWiser Offline
BierWiser

Send a message via AIM to BierWiserSend a message via MSN to BierWiser
07-28-2010 , 05:25 PM

And their armors come in Large, XL, XXL, XXXL, etc.

Old   
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
07-28-2010 , 05:32 PM

I'm sure Nike make theirs on Reach, it was Adidas on ODST and some off-brand cheap stuff on Halo 1. 2 and 3 I'm unsure of however

u mad? PM me.

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Old   
repivemag Offline

07-29-2010 , 05:07 AM

I'm not saying gravity doesn't have anything to do with it. I just said from what I know about their biology gravity doesn't seem to factor. It could very well and probably does. And yeah nofire they are worm-like so I can believe what you are saying. I wasn't trying to start a debate about the whole gravity thing just trying to fit some opinion along with canon. I apologize.

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

07-29-2010 , 11:35 AM

No worries, we're just talking.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
repivemag Offline

07-29-2010 , 10:29 PM

Thanks. I'm still getting used to the way people react on this forum so I thought it would be safer to apologize, plus i realized that the post i made earlier made me sound a little like a smart ass so I thought the apology would cover that too.

Old   
That Brit Guy

07-31-2010 , 08:34 AM

Don't worry dude, you haven't insulted anyones moms :P I like discussions like these :)

u mad? PM me.