Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach Tricking Forum
Halo: Reach Tricking Forum Halo: Reach tricks, exploration, easter eggs
Notices

Old   
i cut u up Offline

*epic find* become invincible in matchmaking/cp! - 02-25-2011 , 04:25 AM

Words can't describe the excitement I have for this PRACTICAL and ACTUALLY USEFUL glitch I discovered.

(Normally I'm not a credit whore and condone it, but since this site has been a little slower nowadays I would like credit where it is due please :] This is the one and only thing I have found after a few years here and it is something special that probably can't be fixed ever)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...20cut%20u%20up
The point of interest is my screen at ~T-3:30-4:40

If someone could render the file for me it would be great seeing as this is my first and one of the first useful glitches found which could be used in MM or Campaign for Reach.

Anyways It's simple.
1. Blow up tank
2. Jump on tank
3. Walk over to the destroyed turret on the back and stand close to the middle/back of where it was located without going too far into the "clean" 4-5ft hanging off the back. Stay in the crater type deal.
4. Crouch
5. Profit!

You can now only be killed by shooting your head which is protruding a quarter of a foot at most out of the guns' wreaked turret.

The tank still has collision properties, like the body, at the area of the destroyed gun so it acts as a shield when it covers your spartan.

It is interesting because the gun is 2D and you can walk into it and shoot out by positioning yourself right. If you strafe a little while crouched there is so little of you showing that its almost impossible to kill you. I've taken out a whole almost a whole team before; and as you see I easily cap'd a territory with 6+ people throwing grenades at me and even 2 enemies trying to melee me, which wont work unless you are inside the model as well.

TLDR: Blow up a tank and crouch into it's destroyed cannon and you can ONLY ONLY be shot in the head while you can easily shoot out if you are positioned right. HENCE INVINCIBLE

Hope you guys have fun with this and no one steals too much of my thunder :)

ENJOY HIH! I love you for making my halo 2 days so enjoyable and I'm happy to return some of the old "Real Glitch" nostalgia that serves a purpose.

PS. Someone render please! I'll love you and so will many others.

Old   
widdly scuds Offline

02-25-2011 , 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i cut u up View Post
PS. Someone render please! I'll love you and so will many others.
Make it smaller.

Old   
JBart Offline

Send a message via AIM to JBartSend a message via MSN to JBart
Smile 02-25-2011 , 12:41 PM

Quote:
you can ONLY ONLY be shot in the head
Quote:
HENCE INVINCIBLE
No that doesn't make you invincible.

The tank disappears after what 45 seconds?

And I'd rather use an actual tank then to hide in a tank

This is basically like wall glitching but worse.

But pretty cool for capturing a territory.

And good luck trying to find someone who will render your 15 minute long clip.

Old   
i cut u up Offline

02-25-2011 , 09:43 PM

I'll fix the clip, I've never tried to show something before. Thank you

And also, if you watch the clip you would know how cool this is. Guess you dont play BTB at all. I just love this glitch because its all I play with my girlfriend when we're bored.

And yes, its like wall glitching. You're point is?

Take your 16 year old sarcasm and go somewhere else. I'm trying to post something worth wile for the community and you come in here and flame because you probably play halo all day and never have fun in BTB or something. How about campaign, what if there is a spot where you need to live surrounded by 20 phantoms... GUESS WHAT!? YOU'LL LIVE because there is literally about only a 10% chance that you'll be killed within the first minute of standing in there by anything or anyone.

Cheers mate, I'll wait for someone with a reputable opinion critiques my work.

edit: o yeah, show me something more fun besides getting to the top of oni sword base on foot that has been posted lately.

Old   
Dmon9055 Offline

02-25-2011 , 09:59 PM

Try to take criticism better. Cool deal realizing you can stand inside the broken tank turret. I haven't seen the clip, but can imagine how that'd be fun.

Old   
Dark Navi Offline
Is that a anime?

Send a message via AIM to Dark NaviSend a message via MSN to Dark NaviSend a message via Skype™ to Dark Navi
02-25-2011 , 11:44 PM

Quote:
How about campaign, what if there is a spot where you need to live surrounded by 20 phantoms... GUESS WHAT!?
You will die because AI aren't affected by visual trickery. Also, I've seen professional Mongolian contortionists do that.

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

02-26-2011 , 12:47 AM

Quote:
edit: o yeah, show me something more fun besides getting to the top of oni sword base on foot that has been posted lately.
Shameless self-plug + a few others

I had fun....

___________________________________ _______

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by i cut u up
How about campaign, what if there is a spot where you need to live surrounded by 20 phantoms... GUESS WHAT!? YOU'LL LIVE because there is literally about only a 10% chance that you'll be killed within the first minute of standing in there by anything or anyone.
If I'm standing on a dead scorpion with 20 phantoms around me, I don't think I'm playing the Halo: Reach Campaign.

Old   
JBart Offline

Send a message via AIM to JBartSend a message via MSN to JBart
02-26-2011 , 02:35 PM

First. Seeing as I mentioned nothing of my game time on Reach nor the games I play, I would really like to know how you come up with those reamarks.

Second. Not 16 nor was my comment sarcasm, I meant everything I said.

Third. This is not worth while. Look at DWT's stuff or my clan's stuff. That's worthwhile not this.

Quote:
10% chance that you'll be killed within the first minute of standing in there by anything or anyone
As I stated earlier the tank debris disappears in around 45 seconds.

Quote:
edit: o yeah, show me something more fun besides getting to the top of oni sword base on foot that has been posted lately
Anakade did that already so thank him.

Quote:
Cheers mate, I'll wait for someone with a reputable opinion critiques my work.
And I will hold off on my reputable opinions for something that matters

Old   
i cut u up Offline

02-27-2011 , 02:16 AM

U mad bro?

Go do something that you can pull off in a Matchmaking game to have fun and make people mad. This is why its cool and others will think so. Your elitist mentality is obvious toward tricking. Go have fun with the game and show me how to get out of some maps in multiplayer or get inside a coag. rock to kill people.

So what if you cant sit there the whole game... A minute of NOT BEING ABLE to get killed is still a minute. You could get 10 kills in that time and that's why this is worth it. Or waiting a minute for something to not kill you in CP (IDK im not a CP glitcher, its boring doing that imo).

It has its uses and we're not going to agree so give up and go back to your nerd-hole from which you came.

edit: ankakade I respect you and I didn't mean to belittle you're way of playing the game. I would venture to say that a larger population of people would care about something they can accomplish in-game against random people and not have to set up a party to glitch :) I play the game casually and glitches like these to to in matchmaking are the only fun ones worth accomplishing.

Old   
Muzza Offline

02-27-2011 , 05:51 AM

Quote:
So what if you cant sit there the whole game... A minute of NOT BEING ABLE to get killed is still a minute.
Hiding produces similar outcomes, but you can stay the whole game if your good.

Old   
i cut u up Offline

02-27-2011 , 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
Hiding produces similar outcomes, but you can stay the whole game if your good.
You guys have a great community here... no wonder nobody bothers tricking/post/coming here anymore.

Elitist Pricks. Guess I'll just continue to piss off people in BTB by myself.

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

02-27-2011 , 01:48 PM

Don't get mad because your find isnt that cool...

Yes, all the people here are stupid, but they still know when a trick is worth while or not.

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

02-27-2011 , 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post

Yes, all the people here are stupid, but they still know when a trick is worth while or not.
I like the cut of your jib.

Let's froodlenutzkie.

Old   
i cut u up Offline

02-27-2011 , 02:46 PM

Quote:

Dont tell me not to get mad when SOMETHING is better than the nothing that ever gets posted here. I took 30min to write this up and ect. and all I get is crap. For what? Oh idk, posting something for others to enjoy.

Maybe if those that post to flame took that time to think about their lack of social skills it would make a better community here. All thats left here is DWT and that other clan... Just because only those people come out with COOL stuff and other things may not be as interesting doesn't mean others wont be interested. I've been around since the site started and was jumping with coze, Simple D, and others when they started. I know what's cool and what's not. If this was posted during H2 you kids would probably be interested because that game was about fun and more exploitable glitches.

ffs...Hiding out in the "OPEN" on boneyard is not the same as hiding in a random corner up top to get 3 kills. I think its pretty cool to capture a territory alone with 8 people shooting at you.

peace. waste of my time here and never coming back.

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

02-27-2011 , 03:01 PM

Quote:
Dont tell me not to get mad when SOMETHING is better than the nothing that ever gets posted here. I took 30min to write this up and ect. and all I get is crap. For what? Oh idk, posting something for others to enjoy.

Maybe if those that post to flame took that time to think about their lack of social skills it would make a better community here. All thats left here is DWT and that other clan... Just because only those people come out with COOL stuff and other things may not be as interesting doesn't mean others wont be interested. I've been around since the site started and was jumping with coze, Simple D, and others when they started. I know what's cool and what's not. If this was posted during H2 you kids would probably be interested because that game was about fun and more exploitable glitches.

ffs...Hiding out in the "OPEN" on boneyard is not the same as hiding in a random corner up top to get 3 kills. I think its pretty cool to capture a territory alone with 8 people shooting at you.

peace. waste of my time here and never coming back.
You're find is DECENT, at best. The main reason that you are being flamed here is because you are presenting it as some revolutionary tactic.

And seeing as how I am part of DWT, which is "all that is left" i don't think that your post has any relation to me at all.

Also, I am sorry that it takes you 30 min to make a simple post.

Old   
Bob NLD Offline

02-27-2011 , 03:43 PM

Quote:
I've been around since the site started and was jumping with coze, Simple D, and others when they started.
Who are coze and Simple D?

Old   
i cut u up Offline

02-27-2011 , 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NLD View Post
Who are coze and Simple D?
I think they started ghost corners? And were a big part of the jumping revolution

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

02-27-2011 , 06:04 PM

Quote:
You're find is DECENT, at best. The main reason that you are being flamed here is because you are presenting it as some revolutionary tactic.

And seeing as how I am part of DWT, which is "all that is left" i don't think that your post has any relation to me at all.

Also, I am sorry that it takes you 30 min to make a simple post.
Also, why aren't you on IRC and/or Streaming? DO IT NOW.

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

02-27-2011 , 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakade View Post
Also, why aren't you on IRC and/or Streaming? DO IT NOW.
I turned off my box again... I dont have any time this week to do it :/

Old   
QuAck3r w0N Offline

Send a message via AIM to QuAck3r w0N
02-27-2011 , 06:41 PM

Hahaha... kids.

//King of Traxus