Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Wars Forum
Halo Wars Forum All discussion related to Halo Wars.
Notices

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
Exclamation DLC #1 is out! - 05-19-2009 , 10:49 PM

"Halo Wars" fans can continue the fight in the best selling real-time strategy game on any current generation console. Mixing up the battlefield like never before, Microsoft and Robot Entertainment unleash new game modes in “Strategic Options” today on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points.

“Strategic Options,” the first Game Add-on for the wildly popular “Halo Wars,” introduces new ways to compete while challenging players to rethink their battle strategies in both single and multiplayer skirmish gameplay. The three new game modes included in the new Game Add-on are:

• Keepaway Mode: In this “Halo Wars” adaptation of Capture the Flag, teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. The number of Sentinels needed to win scales with the number of combatants.
  • Tug of War Mode: Players must build a stronger army than their opponents to succeed. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.
  • Reinforcement Mode: Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy, all the while facing successive waves of incoming units.

The “Strategic Options” Game Add-on is available on May 19, 2009 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 MS Points. “Halo Wars” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and 16+ PEGI and is available worldwide exclusively on Xbox 360. A demo is also available on Xbox LIVE in all LIVE enabled regions worldwide. For more information including screenshots from the “Strategic Options” Add-on, visit Xbox.com/Halo or HaloWars.com.

Old   
The n00banator Offline

Send a message via AIM to The n00banator
05-19-2009 , 10:53 PM

I was almost going to make a thread on this until I pressed the refresh button.
Anyway, I wish they would have said something a few day ago because I need to get some ms now. Also it looks fun from some videos I've seen and it's nice I didn't have to wait several months befor the DLC.

Old   
Agent ME Offline

Send a message via AIM to Agent MESend a message via MSN to Agent ME
05-19-2009 , 11:41 PM

It seems like $10 is a lot just to add a few new game modes. No new maps or units added.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

05-20-2009 , 02:49 AM

Is it just me or does every server have about 20 people playing or below?

Old   
The n00banator Offline

Send a message via AIM to The n00banator
05-20-2009 , 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthysteel View Post
Is it just me or does every server have about 20 people playing or below?
Yea, all but about four or five playlists say Low Population (litterally). Shows how much of a fad Halo Wars way, or everyone is doing something non-Halo Wars related. This is a boosters dream in Halo Wars. I hope the population goes back up soon.

Old   
Pkabooicu Offline
MineCraft > Reach

05-21-2009 , 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00banator View Post
Yea, all but about four or five playlists say Low Population (litterally). Shows how much of a fad Halo Wars way, or everyone is doing something non-Halo Wars related. This is a boosters dream in Halo Wars. I hope the population goes back up soon.

It was a glitch from the DLC. There were 16,000 people on when it was saying low population for me.

Old   
a28ozSlurpee Offline

05-26-2009 , 02:46 AM

$10 for 3 new games modes?

really?

Old   
Anakade Offline
Farewell, HIH.

05-27-2009 , 04:10 AM

Picked up the DLC for free a few days ago, waiting for one of my friends to grab it before I can check it out. Sounds like it could be a decent addition (besides it being an obvious rip-off).

Old   
Pkabooicu Offline
MineCraft > Reach

05-27-2009 , 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakade View Post
Picked up the DLC for free a few days ago, waiting for one of my friends to grab it before I can check it out. Sounds like it could be a decent addition (besides it being an obvious rip-off).

A decent addition? Pfffft. If you don't want to play 1v1, you need party teams to play any of the new game modes in 2v2's or 3v3's (except for 2v2 Reinforcements which I play all the time).

Old   
synthysteel Offline

05-27-2009 , 09:22 PM

I really don't like reinforcements. Especially when you have a full pop count and you're saving to upgrade something but you don't save enough in time and the game throws away your money for nothing OR 1 marine.