Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Wars Forum
Halo Wars Forum All discussion related to Halo Wars.
Notices

Old   
Zanzang Offline
I make videogames.

03-23-2009 , 06:23 PM

3v3

Everyone on your team go Anders and crank out Gauss warthogs as fast as you can.

There is no defense against 120 gauss warthogs.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
03-24-2009 , 09:29 AM

Marsian Evasion
Created by me and a friend.
2v2 Deathmatch
Steps:

Get a friend and play 2v2 Deathmatch both using Cutter. Get the bases as fast as possible making only a vulture and another for each base you get.
Spam ODSTs and vultures.
???
Winsauce.

A simple strategy deserves a simple post. This will let you win if you use the ODSTs really well.

How to Win Crevice Everytime
2v2 Public/Private or 1v1 Private Standard
Steps:

Use any match of leaders with a friend or your best leader for 1v1.
Immediately start executing your favorite strategy however, get the bases behind your enemy's bases as fast as possible.
After that, simply attack from all directions. I use the Cutter/Prophet combo my friend and I mastered and it works great for this map. Espiecally because the Prophet could help get attention while Cutter gets the bases since whoever uses the prophet just upgrades him.

This is sloppy, I'm posting at midnight again. ;)

Last edited by synthysteel; 03-29-2009 at 12:22 PM. .

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-15-2009 , 05:45 PM

Name: RPG Marine Rush
Created By: Who knows?
Leader: Forge
Gametype: 1v1/2v2/3v3 Standard

Supply Pad > Supply Pad > Supply Pad > Reactor > Upgrade Base > Barracks > Reactor > Barracks.

Once the first barracks is up, research New Blood. Once the second reactor is up, research RPG. When the second barracks is finished, train 5 marine squads. When RPG is done researching, start double-pumping marines like a man possessed. You should have 15-20 RPG marine squads out in about five minutes. Rush the enemy.

NOTE: Your scout should be collecting resources the whole time. This is very important.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

07-17-2009 , 06:53 AM

Prophet/Arbiter Wraith Rush

When to use? If you are confident that you are soon to be warthog rushed.

What to make? Temple, 2 Warehouses, 1 Factory, 1 Shield Generator

What to do? Immediately use the ghost and prophet/arbiter to gather resources. The prophet/arbiter gathers them really fast btw. Make sure that you are building your structures one after the other and upgrading your warehouses as soon as they're built. Hide your prophet near the enemy base and use the ghost for scouting. As soon as you have 2 wraiths or 1 upgraded wraith, attack. Keep making wraiths while doing this. Make honor guards/ suicide grunts if the opponent starts making spartans. You will destroy warthogs easier if you upgrade the prophet's laser beams. The arbiter is a warthog killing machine however I suggest using him for jackal grunt rushed rather than wraith rushes. Because he spends a lot of money raging.

This rush works really well as a counter to warthog rushes because a) Wraiths destroy warthogs. and b) Wraiths kill buildings faster than warthogs. However there is 1 BIG weakness. Spartans. You better watch out for them because if they take your wraiths, you will need to kill a super pimped one and you spend another 150 resources blowing it up. So make sure you make a few honor guards and watch for them.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-18-2009 , 12:35 AM

I'd say instead of the shield generator, you build another warehouse. Three blessed warehouses are enough to pump wraiths. Upgrade your leader as you push back the enemy and use him to kill any spartans that stand in your way.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

07-18-2009 , 07:23 PM

But then it would be so easy to counter attack.

1. Send warthog scout.
2. Lock down base and pump marines.
3. Hide marines before enemy sends wraiths.
4. Pelican marines to enemy base and
5. Mac and grenade the hell out of it.

Should take about 1800 credits so it's a really easy task to do.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-20-2009 , 02:35 PM

Just recall your leader before they do too much damage. Most players aren't smart enough to do that anyway. That's a good plan though.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

07-21-2009 , 09:30 AM

Most players aren't smart enough to make a shield generator.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-22-2009 , 12:53 AM

Most players don't need a shield generator, because they're good.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

07-22-2009 , 07:19 AM

If you recall your leader, your going to have to drag it across the map again. In that case, your attacking force will not have enough reinforcements to last much longer. It's not like your leader is invincible.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-22-2009 , 08:19 PM

He pelican'd all his forces to my base. I wouldn't need reinforcement. Arby or Prophet kills them, wraiths eat any more marines and gunner hogs. Arby or prophet comes back and you win yay.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

07-23-2009 , 05:56 AM

Or he would appear at your base with 6 chaingun hogs. You have no shield generator. You HAVE to defend. You recall your leader and give them the opportunity to pelican drop his forces back and destroy the wraiths.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-23-2009 , 11:34 AM

Ok, you must be no higher than captain or something. 6 gunner hogs? Really? That's all dinner for Arby or Prophet. And by the time his pelicans come to pick up his troops, I would of already beamed/raged the pelicans. Covenant are too good early game. There's nothing else he could do. I win. Game over.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

07-23-2009 , 06:57 PM

It's never like that. You only have a wraith early on right? You can't teleport wraiths there if your arbiter is fighting hogs and wasting money back at base. It's the perfect time for the enemy to hijack your 1 or 2 wraiths and at that point, you will have to destroy 2 three-starred wraiths guarding the enemy base.

Look, for every wraith you have, the enemy can make 3 hogs. Normally not a problem if you have reinforcement teleportation and an arbie or prophet. But if he attacks your base and since of course, Covenant bases are naturally weaker than UNSC bases without the shields, you will have to defend it in some way.

That's why in my strategy, you absolutely cannot leave the wraiths unattended and I highly recommend make a shield generator. That way you will not have to worry about your base being destroyed before the enemy's.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

07-26-2009 , 12:04 AM

Ok I guess I understand. The only flaw is that your wraiths will be pumping really slowly, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Good job I've been beaten.

Old   
Burnith Offline

08-14-2009 , 04:42 AM

Name: Nubcakes Win
Created by: Me of course.
leader: Arbiter, Partner/partners have Cutter or Sarge.
Game type: 2v2 or 3v3
Build order: 2 warehouses, Temple, 2 more warehouses, then 1 or 2 summits
{You can build the summits before or after the 2 more warehouses. I usually build one warehouse then a summit then another warehouse. Oh and always upgrade warehouses right away.}
steps: Build a crapload of engineers. Level them up all the way, but you only really need the first one. To make this supereffective, have your partner/partners have Grizzlys with Sarge. It's almost impossible to take them out with 40 engineers over them.
tips: If they start rushing you're screwed. Best thing you can do is have one teammate focus on protecting you and your other teammate while you two build up your army of nubcakes.

My pr01337 strat that I used once for funnies in a 2v2. Raped the schlapskie out of Stockwell. What a badkid.
If you do this right with your teammates the one base is all you'll ever need. Enjoy. Oh and they get raped by hawks Just to let you know