Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Wars Forum
Halo Wars Forum All discussion related to Halo Wars.
Notices

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
Halo Wars Cutscenes in HD (check new thread for downloads)!!! - 04-23-2009 , 11:05 AM

Check the new thread for the downloads.

Last edited by HaLo2FrEeEk; 05-07-2009 at 07:44 PM. .

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

04-25-2009 , 05:36 AM

Maybe I was mistaken...I was under the impression that people wanted me to do this. I mean, I find it difficult to believe that Louis Wu lied to me when he told me that he'd gotten quite a few emails about this subject and told everyone that I was getting it done.

Why is it, then, that no one's bothering to say anything? This took a ton of work, and time, and a LOT of frustration (I went through 3 different versions of Vegas before I could find one that would render these without freezing!) and I'm not getting anything back. One new person has registered on my forum and made no posts...why is it that when I do EXACTLY what people tell me I should do, offer content that no one else does to drive traffic to my site, I DON'T GET ANYMORE TRAFFIC TO MY SITE!?!

It's very frustrating to try to hold this site down and do things that people want to get new people to sign up if everything I do gets ignored. Literally...everything. I'm putting the safety of my site on the line offering to host ANY and ALL Halo-related videos for archival and the only person that's really stepped up and given me anything was KORHAL. I'm offering this service to maybe offer something to get people to want to visit my site, I don't freaking get it! What is so bad about the site that no one wants it!?!?!?!?!?!

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
04-25-2009 , 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo2FrEeEk View Post
the only person that's really stepped up and given me anything was KORHAL. I'm offering this service to maybe offer something to get people to want to visit my site, I don't freaking get it! What is so bad about the site that no one wants it!?!?!?!?!?!!
I have also helped.

I just think that you trying to force people to join your site is a bit rude maybe put the links on your site but not so that you have to sign up to see them

Also dont double post!

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

04-25-2009 , 12:32 PM

I don't have the luxury of just hoping people will sign up, because 3 years today have shown me that no one will. I've done everything I can think of to drive a little traffic to my site. I don't hope to ever be as popular as HIH or Roosterteeth or HBO, but wha the hell is holding me back from having more than a handful of members who barely even post as it is!?! I mean, I'm at a complete loss as to what I need to do to get people to sign up. I've tried offering things that other's don't have, or in a unique way, but no one cares. They might use the service, but they won't stop to check out anything else on the site, and we have a lot to offer.

It just doesn't seem fair how much work I've put into it and how little I get back, so for now I will have to try to force people there. If no one else from here joins then I just won't post the cutscenes here at all, they'll stay private and you'll HAVE to register on my forums to get them. People could make that not happen by just giving a little back to someone who's put so much time into giving. I've done the Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo Wars Demo, and Halo Wars cutscenes in HD, coordinated their releases with Louis Wu and our mirror, did all that work recording, cutting, rendering, uploading. It took about 2 months for each project except the Halo Wars Demo, which took a day or two. Still though, I try SO hard I just want to see some return.

And I didn't mean that KORHAL was the only one who had contributed, I just meant that he did the most. He sent me a link to his folder that had 3 gigs of his movies in it, and I archived it.

Old   
I Love Gruntz Offline

04-26-2009 , 01:27 AM

I like cheese.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
04-26-2009 , 03:47 AM

Drama drama drama drama

Last edited by synthysteel; 04-27-2009 at 03:43 AM. .

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

04-26-2009 , 04:29 AM

I'm tired of just hoping people will join. I don't want to shut the site down and waste my work, and there's nothing wrong with it, I jsut want a few people to start posting their stuff there like they do here. If 10 more people posted videos and forge maps and gametypes then I'd have a lot more stuff to frontpage, and more people would come to read it, and then we'd have more people posting stuff. I just don't understand what's so hard about copying and pasting a post from here, there.

Old   
swordmasterryan Offline

where - 07-27-2009 , 11:56 PM

i cant find the cutscenes to download can u link it to me

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
07-28-2009 , 03:01 AM

Halo2freeek is moving house at the moment. If you need anything, sign up on his site and ask the new admin.

Old   
Xi sn0wed iX Offline

07-28-2009 , 10:45 AM

i dont think halo2freek understands that forcing people to visit his site is the worst thing he could do. if he really wants more people to visit his site, just ask people about, it and post videos on youtube, with 'visit infectionist.com' in the description or video, (or whatever your site is, (.com, .net, .org).

why dont you hold a competition, or a night of halo 3 zombies.

a bit like what turmolt is doign with the halo-2-night.

just try it halo2freek if you read this.

Old   
eckosama Offline

07-29-2009 , 05:42 PM

There should be other ideas out there. Something you really do need to do is make a youtube channel, like the guy said. Put some of the cutscenes on the youtube channel with a video link (I don't know if you know already, but u can put a temporary button that people can click on while watching the youtube video and it directs them to ur site) on it.

Also, make sure you don't put up a video taht says Halo Wars cutscene 1, and then people watch the video and it's only half of the cutscene... And then it says,wanna see more, go to infectionist.... DON't PUT HALF VIDEOS. I am a youtube frequenter and I've found a few ways to get people to watch my vids. (frontpage them on hbo. that type of stuff). If you need help, just ask me.

Here's a guy who made something really popular on youtube, it's called the Halo 3 Top 10.. http://www.youtube.com/Top10Series His videos are sometimes on the "most watched video game videos" section of youtube. His name is anoj. He gets 30,000 ppl to watch his vids EVERY time and he get frontpaged on hbo EVERYTIME. What ppl don't know is he has another youtube account and it's not as popular http://www.youtube.com/user/airguitar901
My thoughts: He started off on one youtube account, didn't get famous, and then made a new account featuring his infamous TOP 10 Halo 1 videos. What I am trying to say is, everyone starts out small in the beginning, no matter how big they are right now.

So yeah I suggest you start at youtube. Upload everything you can on there and if someone says a comment like "that was cool," befriend them and tell them to tell others about ur site. That's what I did. Also, upload all sorts of junk onto ur youtube account, including old vids you found on ur HDD. You can also ask certain youtubers to post a link of ur site on their accounts. I know quite a few, even HIH members (duh, Mator made an archive of them teehee). I can even ask Anoj to post a link to ur site. lol. Just message me.

Some other things... I don't know. I think there aren't enough tricksters to make a new forum for. What you can do is narrow it down. Make a site only for Halo 3 tricksters (then open up a small section for Halo 1 and 2). How about this nvm all what i said.. There aren't too many forums for multiplayer, and I mean a forum that focuses only on multiplayer. Just think about it.. The front page of the site shows a youtube video of the latest multiplayer carnage (and u'll have to upoad these off other websites). And you know what? You have a great chance to do this with Halo ODST. Make a freaking Halo ODST site and on the frontpage have the video of the week or whatever and under that, have a link to ur service to record other people footage. People would love that. And I don't know. You can make a competition that says if you win, you get an HD recording or something.

Hold on a sec. I got another idea. Would you like to host Top 10 for ODST. You can't be microphone shy. You can make ur friend do this. I can tell anoj (I barely know him, but whatever) not to make top 10 Halo ODST and you can do that instead. Or I can tell him why not you make the videos and uplaod it onto his youtube account with a link to ur site.

Just me spewing out ideas. Also, I have a new youtube account with cutscene mess ups from Halo 1. I can post a link to ur site from there.

Seriously dude, if u use these ideas and become famous, u gotta convert to islam or something lol jk.

Do I own the internetz now? Message me. I can give some ideas and let me know what u think of the Halo ODST Top 10 idea.

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

09-25-2009 , 05:57 AM

Wow...long post was long.

I read it though, and they're all good ideas.

I do have a Youtube account for my site, but it's not http://youtube.com/Infectionist, it's http://youtube.com/claninfectionist, I made it before I changed the name of the site from Clan Infectionist to Infectionist Machinima. I suppose I could make a new account and upload all the videos again, but with the Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo Wars Demo, and Halo Wars cutscenes, plus all the other videos I've put on there, that's a LOT of time re-uploading.

And funny I should read this today, I happened to text my friend, the one who was running Infectionist for me while I was gone, and told him that we should just get on the phone and talk about ideas, about where we want to take the site. I really like the idea of becoming an ODST-based site, or at least focusing on ODST a little more. Right now we have no real focus. We try to cater to a lot of different things, like general gaming, but people don't want to visit a general gaming site where they might or might not find a discussion about their particular game-of-choice. If we focused more on ODST specifically we could bring in a more specific group of gamers, narrowing the scope a little but getting more dedicated people.

I definately plan on spotlighting a lot more ODST content, and including ODST in my HD Recording Service (which I STILL need to finish).

I also think we desperately need a new layout. About a year and a half ago I held a contest to design a new frontpage layout for the site. The contest ended and I chose a winner. The layout is awesome, but I'm so damned lazy I still haven't finished making it into a webpage. The submitted template was in image format, so I still had to write the HTML and PHP to make it work. Here is what I have so far:

http://infectionist.com/misc/templat.../news_test.php
http://infectionist.com/misc/templat...oster_test.php

I think it's pretty good, and though it looks image-heavy, it's really not. In all there's about 256KB in images.

So anyway, I will take into consideration everything you said, hopefully something finally clicks and this thing goes somewhere.