Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Wars Forum
Halo Wars Forum All discussion related to Halo Wars.
Notices

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
Halo Wars "Intro" cutscene with true 5.1 surround - 06-13-2009 , 12:17 AM

I'm starting another project and that involved me getting the full 5.1 surround sound audi ofor all the cutscenes. I'm not planning on offering these all for download, but I'll give you this one. I also rerendered the video so it's a lot clearer. Check this out if you've got 5.1 (or 7.1) speakers on your computer, it sounds amazing! I'm not sure how this will work in WMP 9 or 10, I've got WMP 11 and I'm using a Logitech X540 on my built-in soundcard.

http://cutscenes.infectionist.com/ha...tro_hd_5.1.wmv (1280x720, 77.9 MB, 3:16, 5.1 Surround)

The project this is part of is, I think, pretty cool. I'm re-encoding all the Halo Wars cutscenes for better video quality and with 5.1 sound and putting them on an HD BluRay disc. I'm not sure if I will (or even can) sell them, or if anyone would buy it, but I might offer it as a download. I plan to have this fit on a single 4.7 GB DVD, and you won't need a BluRay burner to burn it, just a normal DVD burner!

Anyway, lemme how it works for you guys, and how it sounds. My favorite part is when the warthog drives by right in front of the screen, and when the guy gets shot from behind by the banshee and the banshee flys above past the camera, it sound awesome!

Edit: 8:17pm PST, whoops, the upload isn't done yet. Give it 5 minutes.

Edit: 8:25pm PST, upload is complete. Enjoy!