Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Reach Forum Halo: Reach General Discussion
Halo: Reach General Discussion For news, updates, and Beta discussion Halo: Reach, the definitive game of the Halo series.
Notices

Old   
nathstoke Offline

Halo: Reach Competition Ideas? - 02-07-2011 , 03:43 PM

Hey everyone, I canceled my Halo: Reach Competition because it, well, sucked. So i'm looking for some ideas from everyone on what the competition should be. I'm thinking perhaps the best map? Campaign level speedrun? Best screenshot? Something involded with Firefight again? Thanks!

Old   
Man Demon Offline

02-07-2011 , 04:12 PM

The only idea have right now is a firefight game with only one life, and a bunch of different loadouts. The goal would be trying to get as many spree medals in that one life. So every loadout has two spree weapons. Hammer/Sniper, Sword/Spartan Laser, Shotgun/Sniper, Hammer/Sword all with 4 plasma grenades for the Sticky Spree. Oh, and the map should be one with a vehicle, so players can go for those too. The enemies would have to be set up so that players could get different spree weapons in later rounds too maybe.

Though it might need overshields in there somewhere.

So, this would allow multiple play-styles and still be fun for people.

EDIT: Tie breaker could be how fast you could do it.

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

02-07-2011 , 05:05 PM

Yeah, I apologize on behalf of all who commented (myself included) if we were too harsh but you said it; It sucked.

Man Demon has the right idea. One Life and tons of fun. You made it impossible to stay alive through the first wave, so goodbye fun.
I'm not sure if spree medals are the way to go mostly because certain weapons have unique spree medals tied to them that will sort of force players to use them. Multikills perhaps? Or maybe just a crazy fun Score Attack style gametype with one life.

I'm thinking BeachHead as the level. With Wraiths (and extra credit for destroying them), Heroic difficulty, Loadouts with different armor abilities and one unique power weapon for each but all with the DMR as the main weapon (for headshots and to level the playing field), and nice mix of enemies that get bigger as you go. I think we all know how to fight Hunters by now, so Brute Cheiftains and Elite Generals would probably be the better boss fight.

I'll see if I can make a gametype I like and send it to you as an example. Not to say I'm expert of anything but I do greatly enjoy Firefight.

Old   
widdly scuds Offline

02-07-2011 , 05:58 PM

Fiestafight.
One life, legendary, unlimited and random everything. Score and time are irrelevant; have each contestant send in a piece of media, then make a thread to vote for the most entertaining one. It's appealing to enter, it gives the joining members a reason to stick around, and it's actually entertaining.

Also, see if you can get somebody from the U.S. to chip in and hold a division for each region. There are a lot of us.

Old   
nathstoke Offline

02-07-2011 , 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdly scuds View Post
Fiestafight.
One life, legendary, unlimited and random everything. Score and time are irrelevant; have each contestant send in a piece of media, then make a thread to vote for the most entertaining one. It's appealing to enter, it gives the joining members a reason to stick around, and it's actually entertaining.

Also, see if you can get somebody from the U.S. to chip in and hold a division for each region. There are a lot of us.
I am actually able to get a US code, but i'm a little confused. Basically 2100 (EU) costs 16 something. And 1600 (US) costs 16 something too. Are they worth the same? And I like the ideas ^^^ :)

Old   
Spartan-043 Offline

02-07-2011 , 11:41 PM

Anything random would greatly skew the gameplay for each participant and a fair playing ground could never be achieved.

"Well, sure this guy won; he started with a rocket launcher and a hammer."

NathStoke: Maybe this will help: http://xboxlive.ign.com/points.html
It requires math, so I'm leaving you to figure it out... :)