Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum Halo 3 Multiplayer Tricks, Glitches, and Videos
Halo 3 Multiplayer Tricks, Glitches, and Videos What to do when you're not busy killing each other.
Notices

Old   
lilaznboy93 Offline

Send a message via MSN to lilaznboy93
HLG considered as Tricksters? - 03-06-2010 , 06:08 PM

I know some of you guys aren't a big fan of HLG but I've noticed that they have evolved from hiding behind pallets to hiding in places where you would have to glitch to. Places such as, outside of Valhalla, in the secret room of Sandbox, on top of Rat's Nest, etc. These hiding spots remind me of glitches back in halo 2 where we had no forge.

Anyways, just check out out these videos I'm going to post for you and tell me what you think. Do you think some hiders from HLG can be considered as Tricksters?

http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGAmpli.../9/dcDLl5oSXDI
http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGHAGS#p/a/u/0/4-AOfsRHoXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DszqvhV3soE

Old   
nate pahlow Offline

Location: If you wont die for me, you will die because of me.
Send a message via AIM to nate pahlow
Post 03-07-2010 , 02:55 AM

The fact is almost all of these spots are impossible to get to without host.... The chances of you actually getting any of these "jumps" in matchmaking are extremely slim... I wouldn't consider these (lulz at the name you gave it) "Tricksters" although some of there jumps were indeed creative they still missed the point of HLG... (IM NOT SAYING I HLG) *the whole point of HLGing was to hide in Matchmaking.... lol not in a stupid custom game* idk they are famous for the NEWBISH jumping community... but are really missing the point in HLG... if those "jumps" were hit in matchmaking i would have CREAMED MY PANTS... but they didnt.

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-07-2010 , 12:48 PM

Tricking/glitching has never been about match making, at least not in Halo. It's for the sole purpose of showing the possibility of certain things.
I do agree though, that it's kind of ironic that these tricks are pulled off by people who actually wanted to gain advantage in match making in the first place. Nevertheless it's pretty cool what they do, it's just a different drive than it used to be back in days here at HIH.

ASP

Old   
lilaznboy93 Offline

03-07-2010 , 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate pahlow View Post
The fact is almost all of these spots are impossible to get to without host.... The chances of you actually getting any of these "jumps" in matchmaking are extremely slim... I wouldn't consider these (lulz at the name you gave it) "Tricksters" although some of there jumps were indeed creative they still missed the point of HLG... (IM NOT SAYING I HLG) *the whole point of HLGing was to hide in Matchmaking.... lol not in a stupid custom game* idk they are famous for the NEWBISH jumping community... but are really missing the point in HLG... if those "jumps" were hit in matchmaking i would have CREAMED MY PANTS... but they didnt.
You are making it sound like all tricksters are only jumpers which to me, is not true. When I think of tricksters, I think of people who do tricks that amazes or questions the other people like "oh wow!" or "how did they do that?". This can be achieved by glitching or jumping.

Now, I'm not stating that all of these hiding spots, are "jumps", even though some acquire for you to do. However, the things they do seems like a group of people you should "watch out for".

And you're right when you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate pahlow View Post
The chances of you actually getting any of these "jumps" in matchmaking are extremely slim...
but if you actually follow these guys, they have done a few of those spots in matchmaking

http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGAmpli.../5/snmxc3kaV6U
http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGAmpli...24/U7Kugu_GJMI
http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGAmpli.../6/5me-Qd6oFps

Old   
Shad0wFlame Offline
=)

Send a message via MSN to Shad0wFlameSend a message via Skype™ to Shad0wFlame
Lightbulb 03-07-2010 , 09:36 PM

They've done some pretty interesting stuff, but exclusivity is just hurting the tricking community. :/

Also, 10,000th post in this section. :o

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

03-09-2010 , 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0wFlame View Post
They've done some pretty interesting stuff, but exclusivity is just hurting the tricking community. :/
Yup.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Old   
p8nted Offline

03-09-2010 , 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllShallPerish View Post
Tricking/glitching has never been about match making, at least not in Halo. It's for the sole purpose of showing the possibility of certain things.
I do agree though, that it's kind of ironic that these tricks are pulled off by people who actually wanted to gain advantage in match making in the first place. Nevertheless it's pretty cool what they do, it's just a different drive than it used to be back in days here at HIH.

ASP

Oh look, join date: Halo 3 launch. HIH back in the Halo 2 days was all about making yourself invincible, capturing the flag 3 times in 10 seconds, standbying, super jumps, ball glitching, sword lunging and various other ways to gain an advantage IN MATCHMAKING.

Halo 3 killed all of our fun (at least for me) and posts like yours remind me why I rarely stop by here anymore. Trick jumps are fun and all but I disagree with you as to the intent of the people doing them.

The only people who see HLG as "tricksters" are those who got beat in matching making by HLG tactics. For me, HLG is the embodiment of Halo tricking and thumbs up for keeping the spirit alive.

Old   
Dmon9055 Offline

03-10-2010 , 12:34 AM

I had to go reread your post a few times to not go mad out off my skull, the way that you say that makes me so frustrated, it's easy to miss that you have a completely valid point, what you were trying to get across, which is that there are certainly other motivations for tricking. I'd agree, ASP is wrong.

However, the way you say it pissed me the froodlenutzkie off, as well as your utterly moronic opinions on HLG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8nted View Post
posts like yours remind me why I rarely stop by here anymore.
Appearing dissuaded from visiting a website because of "posts like yours" from a member you've just singled out is just brimming with the epitome of truth and originality. Are you the next Picasso? My god, I just pity that you have to bear what other people have to say, after taking benignly-put (Dare I say friendly?) statements and just spitting at them.

HLG does extremely weak tricks, with very few exceptions. The people who you're so proud to have so righteously defeated in matchmaking know, in general, next to nothing about tricking. You can hide on Guardian, remain unseen the entire game, and you must be a "uber glitching hacker". Similarly, you must have cheated, riight? Of course you didn't cheat, but you aren't doing something amazingly eye-opening either.

I mean really, it's just those last four sentences that rile me up. HLG is the embodiment of tricking? You're not doing anything in surely more than 90% of cases! Look at the jumps (Mentioned as many could, hypothetically, be completed in matchmaking.) people have done. While possible, it just isn't feasible to try much of that stuff in matchmaking. It just won't happen, it can take an hour. Look at campaign launches/manipulation. That isn't as much of tricking as HLG? If it were just Hidden League Gaming that were, "keeping the spirit alive", you'd be accomplishing things of such mediocre difficulty there wouldn't be a tricking. ASP said it was all for fun, you said it was for gain, I guess I'm saying it's to accomplish things that are really difficult or original.

Old   
p8nted Offline

03-10-2010 , 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmon9055 View Post
your utterly moronic opinions on HLG.

Are you the next Picasso? My god, I just pity that you have to bear what other people have to say
Personal bashing diminishes the point you're trying to get accross

"I had to go reread your post a few times to not go mad out off my skull, the way that you say that makes me so frustrated, it's easy to miss that you have a completely valid point."

Quote:
The people who you're so proud to have so righteously defeated in matchmaking know, in general, next to nothing about tricking.
This is the whole reason for websites like HiH. If you truly typed this and meant it then you didn't comprehend at all what I'm trying to say. The whole point of tricking is because most people don't know this stuff. The spirit of tricking to to play all of Halo 3, not just what the designers intended, and to do so competitively.

Quote:

Of course you didn't cheat, but you aren't doing something amazingly eye-opening either.

ASP said it was all for fun, you said it was for gain, I guess I'm saying it's to accomplish things that are really difficult or original.
Again, you've missed the point. Being flashy isn't the goal of HLG (at least not most of the time). The only goal is to win. Saying "you aren't doing something amazing" ignores that completely.

Btw, some of the insane stuff does get pulled off in matchmaking. Just because it takes you personally an hour doesn't mean it's impossible for someone who practices this stuff nonstop. In Halo 2 I used to spend sometimes 8 hours or more at a time practicing superbounces. It's part of the fun. If they leave you alone long enough for you to wedge your whole team into a crack in the ceiling then that's their own fault.

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-10-2010 , 09:40 PM

Quote:
Oh look, join date: Halo 3 launch.
Oh look, 2 posts since join date. Who told you that I wasn't here before I joined?

Quote:
HIH back in the Halo 2 days was all about making yourself invincible, capturing the flag 3 times in 10 seconds, standbying, super jumps, ball glitching, sword lunging and various other ways to gain an advantage IN MATCHMAKING.
Standbying isn't glichting in my books (as well as modding, still there was a modding fourm here) and I never expirienced superbouncing as a way to be in advantage in matchmaking (even though it technically is). You want to tell me that this (or this, or this) was done to gain advantage in matchmaking?
People used to and still do trick in Halo 2 campaign (which I'm sure you know of), what other reason could there be than having fun and showing what's possible?

ASP

Old   
Nofirefrog Offline
Hey There

03-12-2010 , 09:41 PM

"The spirit" of HIH has always been in having fun and doing what most thought unpossible, silly, pointless, insane, ridiculous.

To be quite honest, here at HIH we always viewed a large majority of what we did not suitable for matchmaking. At least not in a manner to gain an advantage. There were, of course, early jumping clans/people like Jukes, AJC, (the original) JT, JF, Jumptacular and a few others that actually did tactical jumps to be used in MM. That quickly was left behind for creativity and difficulty. Things not really useful for advantage-gaining, if you will.

Even though a member of our site was the first to document a recreate-able superbounce (Stingraid, of Clan Hat-Trick, released Superjump showing how to do the bounce at the back of red base on Coag) we always head the bouncing isn't to be used in MM, especially after Bungie stated they didn't think superbouncing was to be used in MM either. HIH has never minded playing the game in a manner that wasn't intended, so long as it didn't hinder the experience of others and didn't "break the rules". Exploit the game, yes. Do so in a manner that defiles others, no.

Furthermore, tricking here started long before H2 and MM came about. Randall Glass' Warthog Jump: A Physics Experiment wasn't released on or for HIH, but it served as inspiration for guys like Ducain, frogblast, Ms. Man, and Dark Helmet, or inspired sort of second generation folk (now considered ancients by their own right) who were still tricking outside competitive matches, and even well before those matches existed.

A huge number of the things we've done here at HIH was in campaign, never meant to see light of MM. Campaign has it's own sections for crying out loud. If that doesn't scream "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE" then I don't know what does. Not to mention the huge number of multiplayer trick-stuffs that required OS and way too many people to pull off for it to be feasible in MM.

HIH also never promoted standbying as a way of getting ahead. It was used, initially, in some tricking, yes. But later on guys started putting "no standbying" disclaimers in their vids. We preferred boxing-off over standbying for our tricking needs. It required a bit more skill, though not very much at all.

Some of us here didn't even like BXR and Double+ shotting to be used in MM. Though, those two were more a personal opinion for everyone to forge on their own.

In case I never gave my opinion on the matter: Is HLG tricking? In the most basic sense, sure. Is it incredible stuff they're doing? Not really. Should that matter? Nope.

Nofirefrog

Years. YEARS. That's what I've given this site. It's been hilarious and maddening, mind numbing and thought provoking, moments of astonishment and headaches. The best thing this site has given me one the best community on the 'net. HIH will always be unparalleled.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Nofirefrog

Last edited by Nofirefrog; 03-12-2010 at 11:16 PM. .

Old   
NOBLE STABBlNGS Offline

Send a message via AIM to NOBLE STABBlNGS
08-11-2010 , 05:41 AM

This is the closest thing I've seen to tricking as I know it in all of Halo 3 multiplayer's history. Know what separates this from everything else in this forum? It has that motivated spirit in it reminiscent of Halo 2's tricking days. None of the tricking that I've seen done so far has been remotely creative or even fun looking, and not only does the tricking done here look fun, it's incredibly innovative. The way they've created such quick clipping set ups? Incredibly clever. If "hurting the tricking community" means "oh, goodness, they're gonna make people think we're all swindling no-good hooligans", then that should be the least of your concerns. Take a look around. This community can't take much more "hurting"- it's in pretty rough shape. Know what made Halo 2 tricking so great? The fact that we were doing all the things people didn't think we could or should. If you ask me, what this place is lacking is fun, and the "all serious business" tone is a real buzz-kill.

Know why Halo 3 tricking went so flat? Cuz we found, exploited, and made public all the holes in Halo 2, thereby helping Bungie patch them up. What do we have to show for Halo 3? Not much. I don't know why we expected Halo 3 tricking to appear identical to Halo 2's, but we're missing the point entirely if we actually do hold that expectation. Yea, it's not as cool to launch a warthog on top of that structure when you can do it in Forge, so evolve and do something cooler, ya wieners.

Once again, a round of applause is deserved for these kids.

P.S. I've been away for awhile and I might not have time to be around too much longer, but I'm just starting to realize how much potential ODST has left untapped. While I do have the time however, I might just have to find out what kind of trouble I can get into. ;)

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

08-11-2010 , 01:38 PM

Quote:
Youtube comment:

this is what went down
1) I orgasmed
2)I was like schlapskie that was awesome
3)I ejaculated in my pants
4)I ate a cookie
Trust me in my own little way that means it was good
PLUS in my own little way that avalanche spot was inspired by me....Just sayin
Haha!

Idk guys. I found this video entertaining. I've always thought tricking in matchmaking was funny, even when it was done to me (I always played social matches though).

And I consider these all to be glitches/tricks. This reminds me a lot of Halo 2 glitching/tricking, too.

Also, this reminds me of the last Halo 2 party I had with some friends... We played CTF on Coag, and for some reason, we had spectres turned on (someone else wanted them on, not me). Needless to say, I grabbed the sniper rifle, got out of the map, walked ALL the way over to their base, and told my teammates where everyone was throughout the match, while picking a few off myself. Good times.

Old   
Alec Bounces Offline

08-11-2010 , 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznboy93 View Post
You are making it sound like all tricksters are only jumpers which to me, is not true. When I think of tricksters, I think of people who do tricks that amazes or questions the other people like "oh wow!" or "how did they do that?". This can be achieved by glitching or jumping.

Now, I'm not stating that all of these hiding spots, are "jumps", even though some acquire for you to do. However, the things they do seems like a group of people you should "watch out for".

And you're right when you said but if you actually follow these guys, they have done a few of those spots in matchmaking

http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGAmpli.../5/snmxc3kaV6U
http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGAmpli...24/U7Kugu_GJMI
http://www.youtube.com/user/HLGAmpli.../6/5me-Qd6oFps
CAn u put the links to the actual vids...

Old   
marioman769 Offline

08-11-2010 , 10:35 PM

halo 3 campaign glitching is where its at!

Old   
L337PWN4GE Offline

08-12-2010 , 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE STABBlNGS View Post
This is the closest thing I've seen to tricking as I know it in all of Halo 3 multiplayer's history. Know what separates this from everything else in this forum? It has that motivated spirit in it reminiscent of Halo 2's tricking days. None of the tricking that I've seen done so far has been remotely creative or even fun looking, and not only does the tricking done here look fun, it's incredibly innovative. The way they've created such quick clipping set ups? Incredibly clever. If "hurting the tricking community" means "oh, goodness, they're gonna make people think we're all swindling no-good hooligans", then that should be the least of your concerns. Take a look around. This community can't take much more "hurting"- it's in pretty rough shape. Know what made Halo 2 tricking so great? The fact that we were doing all the things people didn't think we could or should. If you ask me, what this place is lacking is fun, and the "all serious business" tone is a real buzz-kill.

Know why Halo 3 tricking went so flat? Cuz we found, exploited, and made public all the holes in Halo 2, thereby helping Bungie patch them up. What do we have to show for Halo 3? Not much. I don't know why we expected Halo 3 tricking to appear identical to Halo 2's, but we're missing the point entirely if we actually do hold that expectation. Yea, it's not as cool to launch a warthog on top of that structure when you can do it in Forge, so evolve and do something cooler, ya wieners.

Once again, a round of applause is deserved for these kids.

P.S. I've been away for awhile and I might not have time to be around too much longer, but I'm just starting to realize how much potential ODST has left untapped. While I do have the time however, I might just have to find out what kind of trouble I can get into. ;)
Sadly I never did any tricking in halo 2 since I never owned it myself , but I kinda agree with you. I still trick a lot in halo 3 and most of the goals we have yet to accomplish may be possible, but are very time consuming and certainly not much fun. When I watch halo 2 tricking videos it always sorta makes me wish I owned it just to try out some of the things people have done, and these videos did the same but with halo 3, which doesn't happen much.

Old   
lilaznboy93 Offline

08-12-2010 , 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defying Physics Alec View Post
CAn u put the links to the actual vids...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDLl5oSXDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Kugu_GJMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5me-Qd6oFps