Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 and Halo 2 General Discussion
Halo 1 and Halo 2 General Discussion General Discussion forum for Halo 1 and Halo 2.
Notices

Old   
Tenative Chaos Offline

..... - 03-08-2006 , 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon 360
Dude that sounds awesome, it's going to kick the crap out of my story. But what multiplayer map has a spot to sleep in? (just asking)
The story now is on coagulation, but as for sleeping, just film some dead bodys. They look so peacefull.

Last edited by Tenative Chaos; 04-15-2006 at 11:35 AM. .

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
03-08-2006 , 11:27 PM

Here is the first page of my story.... I'm excited :)

Date August 25th, 2551

A calm gentle breeze pushed against Troy's, spartan-58, helmet. This was his final test to become a true Spartan; his life was at stake. Today, he would endure a grueling mission, without food and little water and supplies. Troy was assigned to infiltrate a Covenant base to gather information about a hidden ship, High Charity.
Troy thought about the mission ahead. His hands started to perspire at the thought of being on a mission by himself, but that was the life of a Spartan, always taking risks.

"You'll do fine, Troy, Don't worry about it." John, Spartan 117, assured him.

"Thanks," Troy stopped. "I just have a bad feeling about today."

"Like what?" John asked, sounding curious.

"I'm not sure, maybe I'm just nervous." He answered.

"That must be it. Don't be nervous, you have nothing to worry about... we have been trained for this." John said, putting his helmet back on.
"Good luck and I'll see you in a few weeks." He continued.

John patted Troy's shoulder as he walked away. Troy was both excited and afraid. Excited for his first mission. And afraid thinking this could also be his last. He sighed and put on his gloves and got ready for his briefing.

Old   
Tenative Chaos Offline

Red face Just Some Constructive Critcism (not trying to flame you) - 03-09-2006 , 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causeofdeath15
Here is the first page of my story.... I'm excited :)

Date August 25th, 2551

A calm gentle breeze pushed against Troy's, spartan-58, helmet. This was his final test to become a true Spartan; his life was at stake. Today, he would endure a grueling mission, without food and little water and supplies. Troy was assigned to infiltrate a Covenant base to gather information about a hidden ship, High Charity.
Troy thought about the mission ahead. His hands started to perspire at the thought of being on a mission by himself, but that was the life of a Spartan, always taking risks.

"You'll do fine, Troy, Don't worry about it." John, Spartan 117, assured him.

"Thanks," Troy stopped. "I just have a bad feeling about today."

"Like what?" John asked, sounding curious.

"I'm not sure, maybe I'm just nervous." He answered.

"That must be it. Don't be nervous, you have nothing to worry about... we have been trained for this." John said, putting his helmet back on.
"Good luck and I'll see you in a few weeks." He continued.

John patted Troy's shoulder as he walked away. Troy was both excited and afraid. Excited for his first mission. And afraid thinking this could also be his last. He sighed and put on his gloves and got ready for his briefing.
I like where your going. Try using more descriptive language. No offence, but it is sort of unsofisticated. (in my opinionated opinion)

Last edited by Tenative Chaos; 03-09-2006 at 12:39 AM. .

Old   
The Corinthian Offline

Nice Start - 03-09-2006 , 12:14 AM

Nice Name referencing there with Master Chief's Character. You might want to try and tie the sentences together a little better (just trying to help you out) but otherwise it is a good start. I would like to read the rest after the contest is over.

Also, this is a wonderful idea. Writing is one of my strong points. Besides Video Games and Martial Arts, writing is about the only other thing that I have. I used to write for a few RPG's that were on the MSN groups and did pretty well. They were mostly DBZ and Naruto though, nothing this advanced. I even took a course at LSC (Lake Superior College) in creative writing, but then again, the class said my writing was childish and lacked refine, but what do they know eh? Well, I shall bid my farewell and go and work on my story. I won't be brash and say that "I will win for sure," because I know I am not the best writer out there, and that some styles of writing aren't appreciated by everyone, otherwise everyone would be an award winning author. The only thing I can say is that my story will most likely give the others a run for their money. Not saying that money is even evolved.

The only questions I have were if there was a page cap? And if so what was the cap limit? Also I shall send the creator a PM about another idea/question I have. I don't want to write it here in case some should steal it before a moderator can edit my post.

The Corinthian

"Loneliness is the absolute, the common denominator in all of life's little differences. Example: "Do not fear Hell, for there shall also be heat in Heaven, fear the loneliness of Heaven, for in Hell, you shall never be alone." ~ A proverb taken from the pages of the analects of The 7 Sinners Clan.

Old   
Tenative Chaos Offline

Question I was wondering... - 03-09-2006 , 12:36 AM

I want my story to be makeable into a movie. So, would you guys have mods for the folowing things?

~Phantom
~Pelican
~grunt
~hunter
~marine

If not I'll substitute them for other thing, but it would be nice.
thanks,
Tenative Chaos

P.S.

So far I only really need a phantom.

Old   
ironskillet2 Offline
master chef

Send a message via AIM to ironskillet2
03-09-2006 , 12:39 AM

Quote:
You know there is a spell check button on these forums, right?

Just copy and paste your story and press the spell check button.
mb, that will help
really, were is the spell check button

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
03-09-2006 , 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironskillet2
really, were is the spell check button
There are 3 buttons on the Top right hand corner of the box you type your text in.... It is the one on the far left.

Old   
Taso Offline
Interview Staff

Send a message via AIM to TasoSend a message via MSN to Taso
03-09-2006 , 12:57 AM

Quicky question: Can we use juggernaut flood?

*hopes his entire plot isn't worthless now*

My story is kicking quite a bit of *** so far if that IS allowed. Though a machinima of this.... I doubt it's possible. Especially with some of the descriptions I use...

good morrow :rampancy: <---Need....old....emote

Old   
ExaltedWings Offline

This is crazy. - 03-09-2006 , 01:27 AM

I can't believe this. I was sitting up last night and I had an insatiable urge to type a story. My creative side kicked in and I sat thinking for a long time. Ideas poured into my head. I came to my computer and started typing. Once I refine the jumbled mass of a story I will start tyoing some more. I am so syked that we're having a writting contest. That's sha-pimp.:D

Old   
Ghost Faction

03-09-2006 , 01:56 AM

Can we use weapons from Halo 1?

I was thinking of the M6D Pistol and the MA5B Assault Rifle
The AR can just be a visual model but the Pistol needs to work

Last edited by Ghost Faction; 03-09-2006 at 02:32 AM. .

Old   
Tak Offline

03-09-2006 , 10:43 AM

Just to let people know, though I have no power in this ocntest other than submitting a story, I would reccomend trying not to revolve your story around a movie. When filming, you can easily replace a Marine with a Spartan. Don't worry about it.

Old   
MadMikeWillEatU Offline

Send a message via AIM to MadMikeWillEatUSend a message via MSN to MadMikeWillEatU
03-09-2006 , 04:26 PM

Quote:
I already started....
I'm on page 5....
Expect about 15-20 pages
Im making chapters. Im on Chapter 4 right now.. and each chapter has pretty much 2-3 pages to it. soooo at most of 12 pages i have. and i havent even gotten to the climax.

Old   
Dr Zmobie Offline

03-09-2006 , 04:32 PM

I'll Be a judge if need be. Just PM me. I'm on frequently.

Old   
I Was Drunk At 4 Offline
Dutch Masta Disasta

Send a message via Skype™ to I Was Drunk At 4
03-09-2006 , 05:24 PM

/me steals Rouge from Sting, and puts it on ShdwShinobi's desk

So, uhh, what were those prizes again?

Old   
Terrab Offline
Shirikishkwa Madiwani

03-09-2006 , 06:24 PM

I'm writing a story now. The only problem is I haven't even finished the pre-story story yet... I'm probably about a page and a half in and I'm still in space, heading for New Mombassa. BUT NO MORE SPOILERSS!! Except that my plot has more twists (however small and early, late and magnificent).

Anyways, my story is top-notch to me. I hope you all like it when it's finished... and though this isn't as high on my priority list, it'd be cool to win something if I write something really good.

The risk I'm taking in spending so much time on this is that the pre-story story may not make even be displayed if I happened to win a place, because the rules say it needs to be in a multiplayer map. But to me, it's a worthy risk, because I can't stand making a story without background and initiation.

Old   
lazyslothboy Offline

03-09-2006 , 07:07 PM

Can two people work on the same story?
Like have 2 authors for one submitted story

Shdw Shinobi - Yes

Last edited by Shdw Shinobi; 03-09-2006 at 07:19 PM. .

Old   
Tenative Chaos Offline

Question 03-09-2006 , 08:01 PM

Should it be double spaced? Does any of that sort of thing matter?

Old   
FirstandtheLast Offline
Cannot Find His Pants

Good idea here - 03-09-2006 , 08:39 PM

Just like to say that I think this whole idea is a nice way to get everyone together, find some new talent, and the like.

If the judges were to indeed rate each story individually, I think it would be a great idea. Giving up and coming authors feedback on something such at this would only benefit them in the future.

Good on y'all.

Old   
Salfeina Offline

03-09-2006 , 10:06 PM

This may be dumb,but is there any name of the story we have to do?Like:Squad of Spartens?UNSC?One of your own?Just asking to make sure I don't do anything stupid.

No name of the story.

Second: Does the main Sparten have to have a name?

Nope.

Third:Can you add anything to the map?Like a bar at Burial Mounds?

Sure

Last edited by Shdw Shinobi; 03-09-2006 at 10:46 PM. .

Old   
Elyon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Elyon
Talking 03-09-2006 , 11:06 PM

I'll do it tommorow, tight though