Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline

Unexplored/Challenge Complete: Under Regret Tower Beam Structure - 03-07-2011 , 11:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yyflL4Fclo

Was able to get under the Regret towers and avoid the killbarriers by landing on the slanted parts and spawning the teammate there. Because otherwise when you launch there it either bounces you off or makes you slide down the slope. I've been working on this trick for quite a while but was never able to launch from the right spot until last weekend.

Quality is a little worse than other videos because i had to use windows movie maker instead of final cut or vegas for editing. Also probably going to be posting a variety video in a couple weeks if I can get enough footage.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-08-2011 , 12:45 AM

Yeah, nice work on that. Once you're done it looks easy but we know it wasn't. X will be happy.

Old   
LDG Offline

03-08-2011 , 01:30 AM

cool, reminds me of the coop version of the halo 1 assult on the control room no enemies glitch

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-08-2011 , 04:02 AM

well, the challenge was actually to get on the flat part of the beam structures :P
The slanted parts have been explored from what i know but im not sure about that area. I think those slants under the tower are new. Fun video and entertaining, good job

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-08-2011 , 03:00 PM

Old, Duelies has gotten there in SP.

Old   

03-08-2011 , 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Old, Duelies has gotten there in SP.
Ahh my bad I thought no one had gotten anywhere under there since it was on the challenges someone should have specified on that challenge that that part had been done rofl oh well it was fun to do and at least i still have the cable room.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-08-2011 , 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
Ahh my bad I thought no one had gotten anywhere under there since it was on the challenges someone should have specified on that challenge that that part had been done rofl oh well it was fun to do and at least i still have the cable room.
Well, you can try getting to the flat part or look at it and see just where the kill barrier stops or doesn't stop.

Old   

03-08-2011 , 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Well, you can try getting to the flat part or look at it and see just where the kill barrier stops or doesn't stop.
I tried but that whole place is death sadly.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-15-2011 , 11:40 AM

Quote:
I tried but that whole place is death sadly.
What a useless place to put a death barrier, don't you agree?

Old   

03-16-2011 , 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
What a useless place to put a death barrier, don't you agree?
Yeah they really do put the most random death barriers. Like they allow you to get above the trench and on that middle structure in the bottom of the cable room but as soon as you try to get down there you die. I have no idea why they'd put that there if they had already put death barriers all around that whole room.

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

03-17-2011 , 11:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah they really do put the most random death barriers. Like they allow you to get above the trench and on that middle structure in the bottom of the cable room but as soon as you try to get down there you die. I have no idea why they'd put that there if they had already put death barriers all around that whole room.
I have an idea. Remember how you can BAW into the Great Journey final battle room and get to the bottom of that with no death barriers? Can you by chance do the same thing with this cable room?

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

03-17-2011 , 01:20 PM

Nope, you probably can't.
On Great Journey, the Death Barriers are not yet loaded when you enter the Final Fight Room earlier. The cable room is not loaded at all if you go in there earlier. On the Arbiter the room is not loaded either.

Old   

03-17-2011 , 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King View Post
I have an idea. Remember how you can BAW into the Great Journey final battle room and get to the bottom of that with no death barriers? Can you by chance do the same thing with this cable room?
Nope, HB is right it's not loaded it only loads the room right before it (with the tiny elevator where the heretic is hiding during the cutscene).

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-17-2011 , 05:38 PM

Quote:
Nope, HB is right it's not loaded it only loads the room right before it (with the tiny elevator where the heretic is hiding during the cutscene).
Within the next few days I'm going to try to get into the room where the Heretic hides so it's funny you should mention that. X came up with the idea to BAW though the wall next to the door barrier. The room is wide where the Heretic is hiding so I'll set up near the corner, as far away from the door as possible.

During a preliminary setup BAW I could see inside the room but I didn't make it into the room, I bounced backwards.

To get inside that room with the Heretic staring at you would be awesome so if anyone wants to try it, I believe X and I have worked out the steps. I will not be able to try for a bit.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

03-17-2011 , 05:51 PM

That room is one killzone. You can get in there before the energy wall is there, while he's running to the door. You just have to be faster than him, swordflying past him is the easiest.
You can also just swordfly through the barrier, with the same result, you die after half of a second.

Or are you already working on getting past that killzone?

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-17-2011 , 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
That room is one killzone. You can get in there before the energy wall is there, while he's running to the door. You just have to be faster than him, swordflying past him is the easiest.
You can also just swordfly through the barrier, with the same result, you die after half of a second.

Or are you already working on getting past that killzone?
No, I was hoping there was a kill barrier instead of the whole room being death. I didn't know that was verified.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-17-2011 , 06:12 PM

The killzone is behind the door, probably not the whole room. We launch at the corner of the wall, like 8 meters away from the normal entrance.

Its not verified the whole room is a killzone.

Also: posted again at the same time as grumpy...

Old   

03-17-2011 , 06:20 PM

The whole room is a kill barrier I've checked before with yelo.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-17-2011 , 06:24 PM

Quote:
The whole room is a kill barrier I've checked before with yelo.
After the cutscene, when the Heretic's door closes, is the barrier still there?

Crap, I guess I'll head back to the Armory and try the missile room again.

Old   

03-17-2011 , 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
After the cutscene, when the Heretic's door closes, is the barrier still there?

Crap, I guess I'll head back to the Armory and try the missile room again.
Pretty sure I'll double check though.