Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
02-23-2010 , 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedTom View Post
Did you install the live redistribute?
Link me. I have no idea. o.o

Old   
xlax007 Offline

02-23-2010 , 02:37 PM

yay we're on the frontpage

I updated the first post, tell me what you think about it.

Old   
OwnedTom Offline
SOOPER LEET DRIVER

Send a message via MSN to OwnedTomSend a message via Skype™ to OwnedTom
02-23-2010 , 03:07 PM

Are modded BAWs allowed? (SMG shoots plasma grenades)

Old   
xlax007 Offline

02-23-2010 , 03:48 PM

no.

/7char

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-23-2010 , 06:48 PM

X - clear out some of your PM's, I got the Brute up to Zen but I'm not done yet.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
02-23-2010 , 07:24 PM

I'm curious if there is a way to set-up a BAW that blows you through a floor, like a floating nade pile or something, set off by sticking your coop partner's head. =O

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-23-2010 , 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
I'm curious if there is a way to set-up a BAW that blows you through a floor, like a floating nade pile or something, set off by sticking your coop partner's head. =O
Yeah, I've been thinking about that, a box sounds good. Or, on OS you could stop the Pelican (before IWHBYD), lower it to the desired height, then just build a pile below either the pilot compartment or the transport compartment. Some modder said there are two Pelican pilots, I think I read that way back when.

Old   
Jay Offline

Send a message via AIM to JaySend a message via Skype™ to Jay
02-24-2010 , 08:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFLZGehEko Nothing special and I did it a while ago, but I think it was new. I still want to try to get under that froodlenutzkieing lift though..

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-24-2010 , 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFLZGehEko Nothing special and I did it a while ago, but I think it was new. I still want to try to get under that froodlenutzkieing lift though..
Nice work, Jay, a good watch.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

02-25-2010 , 03:15 AM

Cairo Station Back to slanted elevator

Yup, that's the one. I'll add it. I'm very busy so things go slow, like expected.
Nice job Jay.

Old   
surtic Offline

02-25-2010 , 10:57 PM

I saw this awhile back with your BAW fail. Good job!

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-27-2010 , 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
The lift is easy during regular gameplay except there's a kill barrier. If there was a way to freeze the lift so it was in the right position when you BAW through, maybe the death zone is not there.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
02-27-2010 , 05:12 PM

The kill barrier is still there, as far as I know. I wanted to get in there by a BAW from the outside, once, so I was exploring the area first. However, I discovered that the whole shaft is probably filled with killzone-space.
On the outside, there is an area where you can just walk against the wall and die, since you hit the deathbarrier from the inside. There is a small space where I'm not completely sure, but the walls might be too thick to BAW through.
Anyways going down there from above seems not possible.

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-28-2010 , 03:30 AM

Alright, I'm giving the SI staircase all I've got. I'm slowly building up a nade pile and getting some real good aim. If I can jettison myself across the gap fast enough I might have a chance. The 1 in 10 should get me the speed.

The other way I'll try is to set a big ass pile and set a box on the edge then have P2 drop down from the other side as the box comes flying at the hole. In theory, if P2 drops down in front of the hole and the box hits him at the right time he should get slapped inside.

I'll try an experiment tomorrow; launch a box into the hole to see if the barrier stops it. If not then I'll have high hopes.

It would be the first long distance BAW.

Edit: I've shot myself across like a rocket but I cannot aim low enough, I keep hitting the top edge of the door. I think the box may be the only chance. I've seen two boxes and they are both pretty far back from where I want to launch.

I have to step off the edge in order to aim at the hole and when you do that, the power of the nades is a lot less. I feel I'm close to getting in with a few more nades. My guess is around 40 or 50 might work, I've tried up to about 25 to 30.

Last edited by grumpy; 02-28-2010 at 04:57 AM. .

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

02-28-2010 , 10:10 AM

It would be awesome if somebody finally got in there.

Yeah, I'd recommend to do a brute-force launch with 50 grenades. If this doesnot work, I would put a box at the lower level, add 50 nades and try to get pushed in there by the box. This might be really time consuming, though. Getting hit by the box while being over there at all is quite unlikely, let alone getting a Box-BAW, then.

Maybe try to make the pile at the very edge of the lower part, then jump off the edge and be at the same height as the floor when the pile explodes.

Good luck at this, anyways; this sounds tough.

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-28-2010 , 04:31 PM

I launch from the lower platform but it is higher than the hole. I just can't get enough power if I step off the edge before launching. If I don't step off the edge I will hit the wall above the hole.

So I dragged a box all the way so I could use it but it vanishes, even while watching it, at the Gondola ride.

The only alternative is to try and use one of the lids to the destroyed sentinel hole unless I can somehow get a box up from the next map (Mythic room).

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

02-28-2010 , 05:07 PM

Ah yeah that Gondola Ride is messy. If you set stuff there, you get overloading problems and the CPs go crazy. When I build a pile there, I usually never get a CP.
This reminds me of those enforcer-pieces that lay around at the top of the Sentinel Wall...

Old   
grumpy Offline

02-28-2010 , 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Ah yeah that Gondola Ride is messy. If you set stuff there, you get overloading problems and the CPs go crazy. When I build a pile there, I usually never get a CP.
This reminds me of those enforcer-pieces that lay around at the top of the Sentinel Wall...
Well, I tried to use one of those lids (as a box launch), they will not launch. It's like they weigh 10,000 ponds, yet you can easily slide them around with your feet.

Update: I got a box up the piston from the room where you get the Mythic skull. I got all set up but I knocked the box off the edge at the last little adjustment, right before I went to secure a CP. I'll try having the box next to me on the platform to start, then switch and start dropping down at the hole and see if the box will fly at the hole and knock me in that way.

Update: Medium sized boxes don't work too well. They're too light and knock me away before the big blast. I'm stumped.

Last edited by grumpy; 03-01-2010 at 12:31 AM. .

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

03-01-2010 , 07:04 AM

The ignition nade must not blast the box away, but I think you know that. Have you tried one of the fat boxes around there? (I believe there are at least two big ones).
For that launch, you should set the pile like 2 meters away from the edge.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-01-2010 , 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
The ignition nade must not blast the box away, but I think you know that. Have you tried one of the fat boxes around there? (I believe there are at least two big ones).
For that launch, you should set the pile like 2 meters away from the edge.
There are no fat boxes in that area, that I know of. The problem is I have to drop off the edge in order to angle down and for some reason the force to propel me has to be much greater than if I just stood there on the platform. If I set the pile away from the box far enough I can't seem to get the rocket blast from the box.

The fat boxes are heavy enough to set the fuse closer so they only move a little before the big bang.