Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-04-2010 , 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
I'm not really sure I care about how it's organized at this point - just getting some people knowledgeable enough to mine the forum for worthy news is most important.

Most likely, we'll do it like before with the news council. We could setup an area they could use to writeup newsposts, and then I could come behind, check them out, and if I approve, move them to the FP area.
Awesome, I'll ask around for good folks at each forum and/or anyone who has comments about their section maybe post here (if it's ok with X)? Trolls need not apply.

We'll get back to you with a private list of people for approval or not. Didn't we have like, 3-5 people for submissions before? 3 were active and 2 filled in when needed?

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
03-05-2010 , 12:09 AM

Ideally 2 from each section would be nice, to keep everyone honest, but really it could get by with just 1. There's not an overabundance of stuff released these days, we just need a vet that knows the ropes handling each one. I'm definitely willing to offer my services for Halo 1. I'm not going anywhere for a long time.=p

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-05-2010 , 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
Ideally 2 from each section would be nice, to keep everyone honest, but really it could get by with just 1. There's not an overabundance of stuff released these days, we just need a vet that knows the ropes handling each one. I'm definitely willing to offer my services for Halo 1. I'm not going anywhere for a long time.=p
Nobody will object to BGT
Fixed

I'm thinking maybe there's a second person from H1 that jumps or has played one or two of the other games. Here's the forums:
ODST
H3-C
H3-MP
Jumping
Halo Wars
H1-C
H1-MP
H2-C
H2-MP
HSH

Duke, I think, wants 3-5 (whatever we had before). If we give him a list (in private pm's) of prospects he can then look it over and decide. I'm guessing 5 so some people should have knowledge of 2 or 3 forums.

Let me talk to HB and see if he wants to do some of this. Someone from Jumping needs to be in the council and also HSH. Probably one guy from ODST, H3-C and H3-MP could do all three.

That makes about 5 right there.

Input?

I know Louis Wu so I could contact HBO when we think a vid/news is extra special. If not me then I think only one or two of us should make the submissions to him (so he doesn't get swamped with too many). The Council could vote and Louis knows what it's about when he sees who sends the e-mail.

Edit: Do we have a contact at Bungie for submissions? What with Reach coming and all.

Old   
AllShallPerish Offline

Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-05-2010 , 06:39 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I think I could do the news stuff for Halo 3/ODST campaign and maybe help with the news for Jumping. I just see a problem with my first language not being english, so my news posts might not be as "expressive" as the news post in the past used to be. I guess Duke has to decide.

ASP

Last edited by AllShallPerish; 03-05-2010 at 12:45 PM. .

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-05-2010 , 12:03 PM

Awesome introductory post With Homer being on the job it could not have gone wrong.

I'm going to have a look at some of the undone BAWs...

To ASP: I would not have anything against you being the guy for Jumping issues. My indroduction texts are not any better. I bet 90% of all American HIHers do grin when they read a post of mine ;)

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

03-05-2010 , 12:04 PM

I think you guys are on the right track. BGT is definitely in for Halo 1 if he wants.

Also, I'd rather be the one contacting HBO, although you guys are free to prod me on it if you think something is worthy. I've known Claude for years, and he tends to FP stuff I send him, because he trusts that what I send is unique or impressive enough to mention.

I'd like to get this discussion OUT of this thread, because it doesn't really belong here. Someone start a new thread (this forum is fine), and we'll continue hashing this stuff out.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-05-2010 , 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducain View Post
I think you guys are on the right track. BGT is definitely in for Halo 1 if he wants.

Also, I'd rather be the one contacting HBO, although you guys are free to prod me on it if you think something is worthy. I've known Claude for years, and he tends to FP stuff I send him, because he trusts that what I send is unique or impressive enough to mention.

I'd like to get this discussion OUT of this thread, because it doesn't really belong here. Someone start a new thread (this forum is fine), and we'll continue hashing this stuff out.
Sounds good Duke.

Edit: BGT is the first approved News Council member so maybe if someone is interested in joining they PM him. Ducain will approve/disapprove the other volunteers.

X can delete these posts if he wants.

Last edited by grumpy; 03-05-2010 at 02:58 PM. .

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-05-2010 , 04:50 PM

OK, back on topic.

Some things I discovered about BAW'ing into the GS room:

I'm not going through the floor -

http://www.filefront.com/15750029/H2SIGSWall.wmv/

However, this method gets me through almost every time -

http://www.filefront.com/15744509/H2SIGSRoom.wmv/

I cannot get an explosion straight down because the fuse knocks me away. Even hopping or running at the fuse does not work. I get knocked back and then go through the thickest part of the wall (base). Yes, I also crouched, I've probably got 5 or 6 hundred attempts and have gone in dead 60 or 70 times.

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

03-05-2010 , 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllShallPerish View Post
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I think I could do the news stuff for Halo 3/ODST campaign and maybe help with the news for Jumping. I just see a problem with my first language not being english, so my news posts might not be as "expressive" as the news post in the past used to be. I guess Duke has to decide.

ASP
Just responding to what's here. I'm willing to have anyone help that knows the content. The writing we can work with.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-06-2010 , 03:28 AM

Hey all.

Thanks for the frontpage :)
Thanks for the offer to write FP-stuff but: no thanks. English is not my first language so the storys would be way too cheesy. The idea is good, I'm sure other people would like to write stuff. No need to remove these posts, they can stay.

@ grumpy:

LOL. The first video looked really funny. Boom! Arbiter sinking in the ground. I think the pile comes to close to the arbiter, the pile explodes between his eyes, in both vids. It seems the GS-room extends a bit inwards. Maybe you can walk a bit more to the right? You are a bit further away from the pile and will still land inside the SG-room. Also: Nice detonation method :P I think the problem is that you are too close to the pile, even the frag nade gives you damage.

I know another area where we can try an vertical BAW: A bit further in the 'alive marines fighting flood room' Its about 70% through the room, close to the flood carriers part. There is an area that's a bit different then the others. Between the pillars are grates, just big enough to live in. At the left and right is a small hallway. You can build a nadepile on the slanted part and bounce a nade via the roof. There is a checkpoint a bit further.

this one:

I don't remember the whole area but I think there is space for a vertical BAW.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-06-2010 , 04:34 AM

I know just where you are talking about for the vertical baw.

Rofl, I have another method that's also funny. P1 stands on the ledge as usual, P2 jumps up on the pillar and tosses a nade up so it bounces back on his head. When the explosion goes off, P1 is further from the blast because Arbiter is 7' tall so P1 gets less damage.

If that pillar was a little taller it would work perfect, I have to get below the pile somehow.

Old   
SamFukal Offline

03-06-2010 , 10:03 PM

Oh dang, I am so lost right now. -_-

So much has happened since I last got on.

I will say that Grumpy is a genius though, that's a brilliant idea. I just hope it will work and you can get in there.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-07-2010 , 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFukal View Post
Oh dang, I am so lost right now. -_-

So much has happened since I last got on.

I will say that Grumpy is a genius though, that's a brilliant idea. I just hope it will work and you can get in there.
Well, I want to have some fun with it, that's for sure. I'm trying to figure out how to get Herbie and blow him down into the GS room. That would be a riot and it's feasible because he's lower and can get under the blast to go down. He's also invincible so a giant pile would smash him through.

The latest technique to get myself down has promise, I wouldn't want Herbie to be alone.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-07-2010 , 05:10 AM

HERBIEEEE

I nearly forgot that grunt haha xD

It would be way too funny to have herbie in the SG room

That would be the first AI- BAW aswell :)

Last edited by xlax007; 03-07-2010 at 06:35 AM. .

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
03-07-2010 , 02:08 PM

^^Hmm, how about a Sarge BAW on like Cairo Station. o.o

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-07-2010 , 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst View Post
^^Hmm, how about a Sarge BAW on like Cairo Station. o.o
Heh heh, there's more BAWs than you can shake a stick at.

It would be awesome if the invincible Elite in QZ (dropped off by the Phantom (Spectre also)) was to get launched to the moving Gondola. I have a clip somewhere (when launching the Spectre to the Gondola) of two dead Elites flying by the Gondola. They were dead because of the map change but the invincible Elite should not die.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
03-07-2010 , 04:22 PM

Extra Challenge: Get himto the Human Gondola...

I think about something like that: Mr Invincible gets into the gunner seat of a Spectre next to a pile. P2 is at the LZ. The guy at the Spectre throws a nade and gets into the gunner seat right before the nade blast, so Mr Invincible will get launched but is detached from the Spectre. If the Spectre is aligned correctly, it will launch more accurately than when he got out of a dropping Spectre in mid-flight. You could aim really well this way.

I might do a Sarge BAW on CS soon. I'll try to launch him out into space at the elevator.

Also, I have tried to get into this blocked off cave at the end of SI. I used 16 nades but did not get a BAW. I did not even go out of the map once in like 10-15 minutes or so. Maybe it has to do with the god-mode, I was lazy and used the Invincibility Glitch.

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-07-2010 , 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Extra Challenge: Get himto the Human Gondola...

I think about something like that: Mr Invincible gets into the gunner seat of a Spectre next to a pile. P2 is at the LZ. The guy at the Spectre throws a nade and gets into the gunner seat right before the nade blast, so Mr Invincible will get launched but is detached from the Spectre. If the Spectre is aligned correctly, it will launch more accurately than when he got out of a dropping Spectre in mid-flight. You could aim really well this way.

I might do a Sarge BAW on CS soon. I'll try to launch him out into space at the elevator.

Also, I have tried to get into this blocked off cave at the end of SI. I used 16 nades but did not get a BAW. I did not even go out of the map once in like 10-15 minutes or so. Maybe it has to do with the god-mode, I was lazy and used the Invincibility Glitch.
Is that the little cave, just below the entrance of the QZ door (first QZ enforcer comes out)? When on QZ it's not blocked, right?

About launching Mr Invincible; brilliant idea. The thought of such a random launch intimidated me but having him get out could be the ticket. In fact if he's left in the Spectre he might vanish so having him out would more closely duplicate the 2 elite bodies making it through the barrier/cutscene. When I saw the two dead elites flying by the Gondola I wondered why I didn't see Mr Invincible.

Old   
xlax007 Offline

03-08-2010 , 03:02 AM

Yep thats the area I mean.

From what I know mr invincible deloads.

I also thought about this: Possible AI BAW launches:

Cairo Station: Sarge
Outskirts: Sarge
The Arbiter: The heretic - lunge through the window. This could give some tricks.
Oracle: Mr invincible
Sacred Icon: Herbie
Quarantine Zone: Mr invincible
The Great Journey: Invincy elite and sarge.

Lots of possibilities.

Also: what about this:

The Arbiter: Go to the part where the heretic is and get inside the banshee. The door leading to the hallway closes. 1) Build a BAW pile near the door. 2) P1 launches through the door while P2 is in the banshee. 3) P1 hits an LZ, P2 with the banshee could teleport into the hallway. Banshee in structure maybe?

Oracle: Do you think the banshee deloads after you cut the cable? If not we have an epic trick: Fly like usual to the structure but place the banshee on the lower beam. Hit the cutscene, build a pile near the window and get in the banshee where you left it: See this video but imagina banshee on the lower beam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmmdgMaOkf0

AI-BAW challenges:

- Cairo: BAW Sarge through the window to the mac gun.
- Cairo: BAW sarge into a covenant drop ship.
- Cairo: BAW sarge into a pelican.
- Oracle: BAW invincy in the fishtank
- Oracle: BAW invincy in the floodroom (the room below the glass in the beginning, build a pile where the mini-flood come)
- SAcred Icon: BAW herbie in the golden staircase room.
- The Arbiter: BAW the heretic elite through the blue window.

@grumpy: Another idea for the golden staircase room that could work:

The grenade pile kills you too often, the pillar is a little low
In one of your first attempt videos you were standing on a ledge, a bit higher then the pillar.....
Build a pile on that little ledge.
Get a CP, P2 suicides back.
Have P2 stand 1 meter at the left from the pile on the ledge.
P1 sticks P2.
P2 detonates the pile.
The pile explodes like 40 cm higher then the pillar pile.
This should work....

Old   
grumpy Offline

03-08-2010 , 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007 View Post
Yep thats the area I mean.

From what I know mr invincible deloads.

I also thought about this: Possible AI BAW launches:

Cairo Station: Sarge
Outskirts: Sarge
The Arbiter: The heretic - lunge through the window. This could give some tricks.
Oracle: Mr invincible
Sacred Icon: Herbie
Quarantine Zone: Mr invincible
The Great Journey: Invincy elite and sarge.

Lots of possibilities.

Also: what about this:

The Arbiter: Go to the part where the heretic is and get inside the banshee. The door leading to the hallway closes. 1) Build a BAW pile near the door. 2) P1 launches through the door while P2 is in the banshee. 3) P1 hits an LZ, P2 with the banshee could teleport into the hallway. Banshee in structure maybe?

Oracle: Do you think the banshee deloads after you cut the cable? If not we have an epic trick: Fly like usual to the structure but place the banshee on the lower beam. Hit the cutscene, build a pile near the window and get in the banshee where you left it: See this video but imagina banshee on the lower beam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmmdgMaOkf0

AI-BAW challenges:

- Cairo: BAW Sarge through the window to the mac gun.
- Cairo: BAW sarge into a covenant drop ship.
- Cairo: BAW sarge into a pelican.
- Oracle: BAW invincy in the fishtank
- Oracle: BAW invincy in the floodroom (the room below the glass in the beginning, build a pile where the mini-flood come)
- SAcred Icon: BAW herbie in the golden staircase room.
- The Arbiter: BAW the heretic elite through the blue window.

@grumpy: Another idea for the golden staircase room that could work:

The grenade pile kills you too often, the pillar is a little low
In one of your first attempt videos you were standing on a ledge, a bit higher then the pillar.....
Build a pile on that little ledge.
Get a CP, P2 suicides back.
Have P2 stand 1 meter at the left from the pile on the ledge.
P1 sticks P2.
P2 detonates the pile.
The pile explodes like 40 cm higher then the pillar pile.
This should work....
Rofl, I was going to write the same darned list but I kept putting it off.

Funny, I was just working on the Arbiter at the Banshee today, I'll give the Banshee a tug and see.

The ledge that P1 stands on is lower than the pillar so, you are right, the stack somehow needs to be higher. I can get the fuse far enough away by having P2 stand on the pillar, look up and stick himself in the head but it's the pile that matters.

However, the ledge is a good idea for maybe BAW'ing P1 while he's against the pillar, crouched. I've been BAW'ing against the wall and then going down, maybe the opposite will work better.

I should make a film of all the stupid ways I've tried, hilarious when I watch them individually. I even tried to slide one of the Sentinel lids (with nades on top) onto P2's head to see if he could wear it like a hat so I could get the explosion higher. Of course, it just slid off but it was another stone I just had to turn over.