Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-07-2010 , 04:24 AM

I've decided to give the Golden Staircase room another go, I've another idea (well, two).

Old   
xlax007 Offline

04-09-2010 , 11:39 AM

Updated the whole archive.

PM me or post here when an unexplored BAW is missing in the list or when you performed a new BAW, I'll add it to the archive.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-13-2010 , 08:06 PM

Well, I'm getting really close on the Golden Stairway. I've settled on a box-BAW and right now have too many nades and the angle is still slightly off:

http://www.filefront.com/16116047/H2SIBAW3.wmv/

The little platform is 1 foot higher than the GS opening. I think I would be inside if it weren't for that. Somehow I have to lower down a bit. The vid was half speed because at full speed, you can't see.

Some different tries:

http://www.filefront.com/16117923/H2SIBoxBAW2.wmv/

Last edited by grumpy; 04-14-2010 at 01:08 AM. .

Old   
xlax007 Offline

04-14-2010 , 02:21 AM

Awesome work grumpy,

it looks like it will work this way. The first video was really close, you partly bumped through the wall. Wow you got some speed in the 2nd video the first few attempts. The last launch looked promising too. You will pull it off grumpy, I'm sure about that.

What about this: Push the box a little over the edge, like 10 cm. Place the nade pile where you did and stand ontop of the box. P2 gets a checkpoint. P1 throws the nade and walk backwards. Maybe because the box is a little over the edge it will fly in an angle downwards? The box itself can push you in the right direction?

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-14-2010 , 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax007 View Post
What about this: Push the box a little over the edge, like 10 cm. Place the nade pile where you did and stand ontop of the box. P2 gets a checkpoint. P1 throws the nade and walk backwards. Maybe because the box is a little over the edge it will fly in an angle downwards? The box itself can push you in the right direction?
That was my very first setup. I just couldn't get velocity out of it, it's like, if you drop below the platform level (even your feet) the game loses track of you and you don't go anywhere.

I'm working on one right now where I scoot the box away from the edge, I put it inside the platform arch. The thrust of the box is always slightly to severely upward so I'll see if I can do a pool shot and bank the box off the ceiling. Hopefully it bounces off the ceiling and angles downward toward the GS opening and if I'm standing on the edge of the platform it can shoot me down. Or, I jump backwards and it hits me with the same trajectory while I float by the opening. I have a beautiful save so I can launch every 3 seconds (you know that routine).

I know it can knock me down because once it shot me down to the bottom, faster than falltime and I lived. Man, the ten launch rule is awesome while falling down.

I'm concerned because I've not made it inside dead, like the other BAW's, although several times I could swear I went in part way and felt a slight bump as I hit the bottom edge of the opening.

OT - The box can be accurately launched (for HB). So much so that it could be launched to the Green door ledge. With a good CP I thinks its possible to launch P1 and a box full of 30 to 40 nades simutaneously. If one guy makes it across with 40 nades and a box, lookout. P2 goes for the CP and wham o, launch till you puke.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-14-2010 , 08:51 AM

It seems taht you got killed by the flying box very often. I still think this will work, just keep trying.

If this fails as well, try to set up a pile at the place where the two hallways correspond (almost). Use 14 nades and those 10 meters between the hallways are no problem.

The thing with launching a box accurately gives me new hope for the other side of the Gravemind Crescent Light. After a while, the launch into the light will get very easy so you can focus on launching the box into the right spot. Use a grenadejump to get past the barrier, get the box, set up the pile and get another CP. On my imaginary to-do-list, this comes after the Green Door.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-24-2010 , 11:06 PM

Well, I have the most important job interview of my entire life coming up Tuesday (never been frightened about an interview before) and I have nothing to do but sit and be nervous, so I decided to lob myself over the mountain on GJ and BAW into the Scarab dock door. I've got those GJ doors nailed, I get through either the 1st BAW or second so I BAW'ed easily through that outside door. The inner doors, as usual, opened so that gave me hope. However, try as I might I could not even force-BAW through the door leading to the Hunter jail. So I think the Hunter room is not loaded.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

04-26-2010 , 12:31 PM

I thought you've done this in your GJ-bassackwards video?
I'm going to have a look at the Green Door this evening, let's see.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-26-2010 , 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
I thought you've done this in your GJ-bassackwards video?
I went in after getting to the door during regular gameplay, after spawning the Phantom at the Scarab. I wanted to see if the Hunter jail was loaded by launching at the very first CP of the level but no luck.

Old   
HB sa' lamee Offline

04-26-2010 , 01:16 PM

Do you mean you opened the door at the end of the beach in the earlier vid?
Some days ago, I was fighting the two Wraiths and heading for the door, to see if it opens if there is only one Wraith killed, but I just hit an LZ right before the door that I've never hit before. When I went in, I still got the normal LZ.

Old   
grumpy Offline

04-26-2010 , 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Do you mean you opened the door at the end of the beach in the earlier vid?
Some days ago, I was fighting the two Wraiths and heading for the door, to see if it opens if there is only one Wraith killed, but I just hit an LZ right before the door that I've never hit before. When I went in, I still got the normal LZ.
Heh, no, I'm not communicating well lately. When you round the corner and first see the Scarab, you get a CP. That's when I went up and set up the backwards doors BAW to see the Hunter jail, in the vid I set up for the BAW and then go down and get CP without opening the lower door. The two Hunters and the Elite are not loaded yet because they spawned after I went all the way backwards and then BAW'ed out.

So I was curious to see if the Hunter jail area was loaded at the very start of the level by lobbing myself over the mountain and BAW'ing backwards that way. The loading dock door was an easy BAW and the interior doors opened for me but the door to the Hunter jail was not accepting my BAW's (not even a force-BAW).

Old   
The Phenom Offline

04-26-2010 , 03:45 PM

Great work guys. Keep it up.