Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum Halo 3: ODST ODST Egg Database
Notices

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

Audio egg: Hitchhikers may be escaping convicts - 10-06-2009 , 04:22 PM

You'll remember this bit of text from the final portion of The Maw in Halo 1.

Many have reported hearing the Superintendent say these words on the level Data Hive in ODST. Causeofdeath15 was kind enough to grab a video clip of this egg.

Listen Up

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
Agent ME Offline

Send a message via AIM to Agent MESend a message via MSN to Agent ME
10-11-2009 , 11:53 PM

A bit more info on the dialog line: Vergil is trying to warn the player about the cop ally.
When you have 29 audio logs, the cop isn't killed by drones and later leads the player to the body of Sadie's father. He explains his job was to make sure her father was dead and that no one knows, including the player, who he then tries to kill.

Old   
Mr N Offline
OMFG

Send a message via AIM to Mr N
10-12-2009 , 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent ME View Post
A bit more info on the dialog line: Vergil is trying to warn the player about the cop ally.
When you have 29 audio logs, the cop isn't killed by drones and later leads the player to the body of Sadie's father. He explains his job was to make sure her father was dead and that no one knows, including the player, who he then tries to kill.
What's interesting to me about that is that the cop is the first (and only) human enemy you encounter in any Halo game (except, of course, betraying your allies and whatnot)

Old   
Causeofdeath15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Causeofdeath15Send a message via Skype™ to Causeofdeath15
10-12-2009 , 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr N View Post
What's interesting to me about that is that the cop is the first (and only) human enemy you encounter in any Halo game (except, of course, betraying your allies and whatnot)
Halo 1 on The Flood. One guy starts shooting at you when you come across him yelling something like, "STAY BACK!". (No need for spoiler tags for this one)

Old   
Mr N Offline
OMFG

Send a message via AIM to Mr N
10-16-2009 , 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causeofdeath15 View Post
Halo 1 on The Flood. One guy starts shooting at you when you come across him yelling something like, "STAY BACK!". (No need for spoiler tags for this one)
Hmm forgot about that.

Old   
grumpy Offline

10-16-2009 , 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causeofdeath15 View Post
The scene with the crumpled up Marine in 343 Guilty Spark, leading up to when we first encountered the Flood, was the most intense gaming emotion I have ever encountered. It was truly awesome, the way the scene was played out. It helped that I was alone at 2:00 am but I was spooked and transfixed. It also helped that the caption at the beginning stated encountering 'the only enemy the Covenant fear'.

Sorry, whenever I see something that reminds me of that scene I just have to blab.

Old   
synthysteel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to synthysteel
10-16-2009 , 08:51 PM

Don't forget arbiter levels.

Old   
HaLo2FrEeEk Offline

Send a message via MSN to HaLo2FrEeEk
10-28-2009 , 11:14 AM

I went ahead andrecorded this, I think it's a little better quality and it's in MP3 format, downloadable. Here ya go:

http://infectionist.com/misc/odst_egg-hitchhikers.mp3