Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Gaming and Console Discussion
Gaming and Console Discussion Non-Halo related gaming discussion goes here. Any platform, any game.
Notices
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old   
Cartman's Avatar
Cartman Offline
 
Posts: 2,424
Join Date: Apr 2006
08-27-2006 , 08:52 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearShark
That wasn't directed specifically at you, but rather to all of these pointless arguments.
The people like them. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

*ahem*

Anyway, I just redid this because I enjoy arguing in such this way. Maybe I should join a debate team...

  #22  
Old   
metzger84's Avatar
metzger84 Offline
Es ist mir egal.
 
Posts: 1,048
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Send a message via AIM to metzger84
08-27-2006 , 09:08 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Predator
But this whole thread is directed toward the fact that Sony fanboys and Sony itself ineffectively refute any anti-PS3 comments, depite how true they are.
I feel that I presented a decent counter-point last time. And honestly, I think that the definition of a company fanboy includes the fact that they ignore all logic. I'd expect people on an Xbox forum to be just as livid if I rattled off the faults of the 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
Maybe I should join a debate team...
I gave it some serious thought after your last thread.

  #23  
Old   
Cartman's Avatar
Cartman Offline
 
Posts: 2,424
Join Date: Apr 2006
08-27-2006 , 09:18 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by metzger84
I gave it some serious thought after your last thread.
Yeah, huh? I mean, if all it takes is logic and common sense to be a good debator(is that a word?), then I think there are a couple handfuls of people at HIH who'd be good at it.

  #24  
Old   
LittLeBunny2o5's Avatar
LittLeBunny2o5 Offline
 
Posts: 400
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On a Pirate ship
Send a message via AIM to LittLeBunny2o5
08-27-2006 , 10:18 PM


Made a new thread: http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...sage.id=555840

Cartman, send me a PM... I've gota treat for you...I guess.

  #25  
Old   
a28ozSlurpee's Avatar
a28ozSlurpee Offline
 
Posts: 3,484
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle
08-27-2006 , 11:04 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Ferret
<33 Luff Wii60.
woo! VIVA LA wii60! Although the site is somewhat slow :/

  #26  
Old   
saint680's Avatar
saint680 Offline
 
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to saint680
08-27-2006 , 11:39 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by LittLeBunny2o5
Too bad it was deleted.;)

I can't wait for the Wii, as I have loved Nintendo from the start.

  #27  
Old   
Ion_Predator's Avatar
Ion_Predator Offline
Banned
 
Posts: 626
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in nowhere
Send a message via Yahoo to Ion_Predator
08-28-2006 , 01:00 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by metzger84
I feel that I presented a decent counter-point last time. And honestly, I think that the definition of a company fanboy includes the fact that they ignore all logic. I'd expect people on an Xbox forum to be just as livid if I rattled off the faults of the 360.
We already that arguing about a choice is futile since, when it all come down to it, a person is entitled to his opinion. But arguing nonetheless is a test of logic and offers its own sense of uphoria when you win.

Simply put, it's just something that ultimately bears no point, but boosts our egos nonetheless.

It's nerdy as hell. But I enjoy it.

  #28  
Old   
SgtPEPPERER's Avatar
SgtPEPPERER Offline
 
Posts: 94
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The X Building
Send a message via MSN to SgtPEPPERER
08-28-2006 , 08:38 AM


I'm not sure if this has already been said yet. But Sony plan to release this , when was it......November 25th or 26th. And their progress on the console is this:

Currently, they still have a dev kit. The actual console cannot fit inside the casing, yet and Sony is still trying to do it. They have promised a large amount of consoles to be built ny the release date. I can't remember the exact number, but it was something like 2 million. But I remember that if they were to start building them now (which they won't), then they would have to build over 20, 000 consoles a day. Hardly seems likely, does it?

  #29  
Old   
Dark_Archon57's Avatar
Dark_Archon57 Offline
 
Posts: 1,876
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Mountains near a Stateline
Send a message via AIM to Dark_Archon57
08-28-2006 , 01:36 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Predator
I really like that point that Sony is afraid of losing money. They know they are going to lose money.

Sony has absolutely NO IDEA on how to immerse players into the system. The only reason that the first 2 Playstations received so much fame was because, at the time they were released, they appealed more to the gamer (this doesn't mean that they were actually any good). N64 was not as appealing because game developers refused to spend extra money on making cartridge based games. Therefore, Nintendo was restrained to making its own games. Thus their library appeared vapid and was consequently underappreciated. PS, on the other hand, received wide attention from game developers since CD-based games were easy to manufacture. Thus, their library was vast, but it had only a few worthwhile games. Truthfully, Nintendo was the master of video games and Sony the novice. But since gamers at the time judged systems solely off of library size and not quality, Playstation was the victor. So, you see, Sony never made any good games, but fooled people into thinking they did.
When the XBOX came out, however, a new system was introduced which was augmented by a vivid library and had XBL which offered much more fun than Sony could. Nintendo and the Gamecube were buried underneath the brouhaha. At this time, a true contender to the PS2 had stepped into the ring. But since PS2 was around longer, the XBOX could never essentially achieve the same popularity. Thus PS2 > XBOX > GC. But due to the introduction of another library of virtually the same size, people finally started looking that the quality of the library and not its size.
But in this next generation, however, all systems are being released at roughly the same time. Therefore, the PS3 will not have the edge over the 360 because of the time factor. Furthermore, Nintendo is making a valiant come back with the new Wii controller.
Simply put, Sony has been successful thus far only because at the time of the N64/PS1, disc based media was more popular than cartridge based media. It was NOT because Sony had better games, but because Sony had better media. In the time of the XBOX/PS2, Sony had been in the market longer so XBOX was trying to catch up. Currently, however, Microsoft has been able to catch up to Sony with the 360 which boots an upgraded user interface. Nintendo is now using popular disc based media and is offering an innovative spin on game play. Finally, Nintendo is appealing to the crowd. The PS3 will have its library and nothing else. They have been able to stay in the market only because of their library. PS3 does not seem to be offering new twists on game play and Sony has a poor network. Sonys one means of success is now irrelevant and the PS3 will fail.
That is one hell of a good point. You should post THAT on a Playstation forum, see how they react. Everyone knows XBox ended up kicking the PS2's a$$ at the end of the current gen wars, and the XBox 360 is starting off by kicking the PS3's a$$ in the next gen wars. XBox 360 = Wii > PS3

  #30  
Old   
jigglydude Offline
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2006
08-28-2006 , 02:22 PM


First I want to say I own and love my 360, and plan to buy a PS3 as soon as I can. Second, picking a fight with 7 year old fanboys is pretty cheap. Im sure you could easily find Wii and 360 fanboys who are just as bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
---------------------
First off, the price. Why in the world would sony sell it for so much? I seriously doubt it is a smart move to sell it so expensively.

Do some research and do not ask stupid questions. It has been covered many times, get a little calculator and go through the specs if you want instead of copying and pasting some trite question.

I don't know about you, but systems always lose money when they sell initially. They make the money back when they sell good games. Now, why is it that 100-200$ would make such a big difference if the PS3 is going to be as good as you claim it is? Either Sony is afraid of losing money, so they decided to up the price, or they just wanted to see if they could get away with it.

If Sony makes and sells 4 million units by the end of the year as they planned, 400-800 million seems like it would make a pretty big differance. Its fairly clear that the costs of making the PS3 are higher than that of the 360, mostly due to the Blue Ray drive. Dedicated Blue Ray drives are $1000+, then factor in the integrated WiFi and larger HD, and the price seems relativly low. Not to say that the price isn't rediculous, but theres at least a reason behind it.
---------------------

Second, online gameplay. Now, online gameplay has become a MUST for most gamers, with the Xbox revolutionizing it, but I have yet to see a more comprehensive and user-friendly online setup than the 360. I have a 360 myself, and it is such an immersive experience, it does not make sense that Sony would not try to step it up a notch.

Revolutionizing game play? I really want to know what games you have been playing because all I have seen are piss poor pc ports.


Operative word here is seen. Have you actually played any of these games that you claim are "Piss Poor PC ports"? Because the only game that I know of existing on the 360 that could almost be called a PC port is Oblivion, but even then, it was initially designed for the 360.

I know of four games that were released on the PC before they were released on the 360, and two that are going to be soon.
Out
Battelfield 2
LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth 2
Quake 4
Call of Duty 2

Coming soon
F.E.A.R.
Half Life 2 (counting episode 1 as part of it)

Sony has discused their online experiance and it seems very similair to a Gold Membership, with the exception that it's free. But Microsoft has done a very good job with Live and Sony has yet to deliver so its hard to compare.

As a side note, I want to point out that Half Life and F.E.A.R. are coming out for the PS3 as well.

---------------------

Third, the user input. So far, Microsoft has shown that they will be 100% open to user ideas. They are even doing an update every 6 months or so on the dashboard depending on what the consumer wants. It is not major, so it will not lose key parts that give it it's individuality, but it will change to adapt to the consumer needs. Thusly, it will keep itself open to a wider audience.

These are things that should have been there the first place, you say listening to the user, I say fixing mistakes in the old windows tradition.

I laughed so hard when I read this, because, in my experience, the Xbox 360 and Windows are made by two different sections of Microsoft. That's like assuming you won't like Fritos because you don't like Hot Cheetos. And another thing: opinions change. Ideals change. Of course people are going to want different things, otherwise we'd still be playing Atari. Catch my drift?

Sony updates the PSP every few months to include new features such as flash in the broswer, WMA support, location free player. I don't see why Sony wouldn't make any updates to their menu like Microsoft does.
---------------------

Fourth, the games. Yes, Sony has the Final Fantasy series, but games like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will keep people immersed in the gameplay, and happy with all of the awesome graphics that the 360 delivers. Even the Grand Theft Auto series has made a deal with Microsoft, promising to bring exclusive content to ONLY 360 owners. That is another hard blow to the Sony corporation.

Oblivion is again a piss poor pc port that was wrecked by the recent patches. GTA will have exclusive 360 content, so what... like you get to drive a yellow car and kill a midget hooker? And you know for sure that everything in the PS3 version will be in the 360 version? No you dont

I have a few problems with that particular retort. "Wrecked by patches"? So the fact that a company overlooked a couple of glitches and released patches to fix them means it was ruined? Man, if I counted off all the times there were glitches in a Sony game, I'd need a couple hundred more pairs of hands. And, GTA has not promised anything to Sony. At all. Right now, it stands that GTA is delivering exclusive content to Xbox 360 owners, and none to Sony. You act like the content will suck. If GTA is going to make exclusive content for 360 owners, then I am sure it will not be a "yellow car" or a "midget hooker". You toned it down to make it seem like it will suck. If you were getting exclusive content from one of the best game series in a couple of decades, wouldn't you easily assume it would rock?

Can't really say if the exculive content will be any good at this point. If it's just a gamertag picture or a dashboard backround, I'll pass. But it could just as likely be an extra island or additional objectives.

---------------------

Fifth, the truthfulness of the company. Microsoft is the only company to show ONLY in-game graphics. That instill trust in Microsoft, meaning the consumers will go back to them again and again.

So Halo 3 was in game graphics?

Yes.

I doubt Mircosoft has never shown any CGI before, but I don't know of any time they have so I'll take your word for it. It's true that Sony has used CGI in many of its trailers, I think thats a mistake and that game companies should only show what they can do for sure.

---------------------

Sixth, Halo 3. I am sure most of you have seen the trailer, and as I have said, the graphics are in game. Many people will get a 360 soely to play Halo 3. I am sure many Sony fanboys will even stray from their path to try it out, and many of those people will come to enjoy the 360.

Those were cut scene, if you try to say they were not cg you will be laughed off of the entire face of the interweb so think twice

HA! First, even Bungie has said that it was an environment they could control the character through. They could literally walk around this place like they were playing the game. All they did was program his movements to make them more accurate. Second, who says interweb?

Game looks great, can't wait to play it. Hopefuly it will live up to expectations, and with Bungie's track record I'm sure it will.

I know this wasn't really your point, but I want to bring this up anyway since it comes up in the thread. It seems that everyone thinks its ok to buy a 360 for Halo 3. But if someone wants to buy a PS3 to play Final Fantasy or MGS4 they're a stupid Sony fanboy.

---------------------

  #31  
Old   
Delta's Avatar
Delta Offline
I killed a man once......
 
Posts: 2,593
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Trying to raise kids on Mars, even though it's cold as hell
08-28-2006 , 03:43 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglydude
First I want to say I own and love my 360, and plan to buy a PS3 as soon as I can. Second, picking a fight with 7 year old fanboys is pretty cheap. Im sure you could easily find Wii and 360 fanboys who are just as bad.
On the last point there- no. I despise those people who wait for halo 3 before buying thier console, some seem to think its the only game on a xbox 360 worth buying. these are the people who dont contribute to the sales of a 360 and kill its chance to be succesffull -.- plus there are many other great games like Dead rising (<3 : D)

  #32  
Old   
Arcanus05's Avatar
Arcanus05 Offline
 
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to Arcanus05
08-28-2006 , 06:21 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta
On the last point there- no. I despise those people who wait for halo 3 before buying thier console, some seem to think its the only game on a xbox 360 worth buying. these are the people who dont contribute to the sales of a 360 and kill its chance to be succesffull -.- plus there are many other great games like Dead rising (<3 : D)
It isn't killing it's chances of being successful. It's the people that wait a while that help the company make money. Over time the cost of building a console drops dramaticly, and if someone buys it two years later when microsoft will actually make money off of the sale that HELPS the company. You sir, cost microsoft quite a bit of money when you buyed the 360. I've decided to wait until Halo 3 comes out, but that doesn't mean I won't buy the older games too. As developers make new games, they trust that older games will bring in some profit for them as they spend millions on their new project.

So please, don't blame people for being patient.

  #33  
Old   
Ion_Predator's Avatar
Ion_Predator Offline
Banned
 
Posts: 626
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in nowhere
Send a message via Yahoo to Ion_Predator
08-28-2006 , 09:41 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta
On the last point there- no. I despise those people who wait for halo 3 before buying thier console, some seem to think its the only game on a xbox 360 worth buying. these are the people who dont contribute to the sales of a 360 and kill its chance to be succesffull -.- plus there are many other great games like Dead rising (<3 : D)
Well, it's not that we don't want to contribute to the 360. We would gladly do so. But most of simply can't afford a 360 as of now. Call us whatever you want, but we can't confidently shell out $300 for a purchase that would hurt our interests. In speculation, we awe at the current games for the 360. They make our mouths water. But for right now, we merely want it. When Halo 3 comes out, then we'll want it so badly that we NEED it. At that time, despite how much money we have, we will bust out those $300+ with pride. Even though it won't exactly fit into our budgets, the joy will make up for that.

Also, Arcanus made an extremely good point. Plus waiting will allow us to save up money. And Halo 3 is going to be released so late that we can comfortably gather the required amount of dough before that time when we need it.

And Dark Archon, I would post that on a Sony forum, but I'm sure that Sony is already aware of that. ;) They realize they got a lucky break before. Trust me, they know they're going down, especially since they experienced that huge notebook battery problem.

  #34  
Old   
NuclearShark's Avatar
NuclearShark Offline
Not dead.
 
Posts: 2,140
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Yorkshire, Jolly Old England. It is raining >3
Send a message via MSN to NuclearShark
08-29-2006 , 04:58 AM


This is why I <3 StumbleUpon...

  #35  
Old   
Delta's Avatar
Delta Offline
I killed a man once......
 
Posts: 2,593
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Trying to raise kids on Mars, even though it's cold as hell
08-29-2006 , 03:20 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Predator
Well, it's not that we don't want to contribute to the 360. We would gladly do so. But most of simply can't afford a 360 as of now. Call us whatever you want, but we can't confidently shell out $300 for a purchase that would hurt our interests. In speculation, we awe at the current games for the 360. They make our mouths water. But for right now, we merely want it. When Halo 3 comes out, then we'll want it so badly that we NEED it. At that time, despite how much money we have, we will bust out those $300+ with pride. Even though it won't exactly fit into our budgets, the joy will make up for that.

Also, Arcanus made an extremely good point. Plus waiting will allow us to save up money. And Halo 3 is going to be released so late that we can comfortably gather the required amount of dough before that time when we need it.

And Dark Archon, I would post that on a Sony forum, but I'm sure that Sony is already aware of that. ;) They realize they got a lucky break before. Trust me, they know they're going down, especially since they experienced that huge notebook battery problem.
Gah i dont mean it like that! I mean those who can buy it but say "Im waiting for halo 3 cus its the only thing worth it" sowwy ^^;

  #36  
Old   
Ion_Predator's Avatar
Ion_Predator Offline
Banned
 
Posts: 626
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in nowhere
Send a message via Yahoo to Ion_Predator
08-29-2006 , 03:39 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta
Gah i dont mean it like that! I mean those who can buy it but say "Im waiting for halo 3 cus its the only thing worth it" sowwy ^^;
Oh, well in that case I agree. But still, Arcanus made an excellent point.

People who refuse to buy the 360 now because of alledgedly poor games are slighty ignorant because there are plenty of game-informing magazines and websites. Oblivion and CoD 2 are amazing titles but they refuse to take hints from others, most of whom are professional editors. Although they are not quite as good as Halo, they're still worthwhile games.

But once you've played Halo, you often force yourself into thinking that there aren't any other good games. You become so addicted to Halo that you refuse to leave it and use the excuse of poor video games to justify your addiction.

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Skin modified for HIH by Ducain


HIH : Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 forum, fansite, tricks, glitches, and videos - Privacy Statement - Top
no new posts