Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Gaming and Console Discussion
Gaming and Console Discussion Non-Halo related gaming discussion goes here. Any platform, any game.
Notices

Old   
Dark_Archon57 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Archon57
Just Cause, anybody have complaints? - 08-25-2006 , 08:15 PM

I just downloaded the demo of Just Cause, and the game looks and feels amazing. My only complaint, however, is how sensitive the controls are. It takes some getting used to. The game is fun and difficult, though, and I can't wait for it to come out to start exploring. It will be an open world, after all. 250 miles of good exploring fun. Anybody else have complaints?

Old   
Caustic Window Offline

Location: Because Here at Caustic Towers,We're better than You!
Send a message via ICQ to Caustic WindowSend a message via AIM to Caustic WindowSend a message via MSN to Caustic WindowSend a message via Yahoo to Caustic Window
08-25-2006 , 08:23 PM

the controls felt a bit too clunky,sorta like PDZ.

Old   
brand0n23 Offline

Send a message via AIM to brand0n23
08-25-2006 , 09:05 PM

-Controls are dumb.
-Stunts are very unrealistic.
-not a lot of noise.
-human models suck.
-cars disappear very very fast.
-Aiming kind of sucks.
+fun to freefall.
+cars really fast.
+Nice blur effects and graphics at some parts.
+Stunts are fun.
?No grappling hook in demo?

Old   
the limekitty Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to the limekitty
08-26-2006 , 10:53 AM

the only thing i like about the game are the stunts.

o yeah and the game is WAY to easy

Old   
Fuel Offline

Send a message via AIM to FuelSend a message via MSN to Fuel
08-26-2006 , 12:20 PM

This game totally sucks, the only thing that is remotly good is the enviroment which is just a rip from FarCry. Besides that nothing else in this game is good, it has to be one of the worst games I have ever played. EVER.

Old   
Caustic Window Offline

Location: Because Here at Caustic Towers,We're better than You!
Send a message via ICQ to Caustic WindowSend a message via AIM to Caustic WindowSend a message via MSN to Caustic WindowSend a message via Yahoo to Caustic Window
08-26-2006 , 12:23 PM

Caustics Funtime Review Show

Just Cause equation:

San Andreas - the fun and gangstas + Clunky PDZ style controls + ripoff Farcry environment = Crapzilla

they said this was gonna be a sandbox game,felt nothing like it. all too scripted.

tune in next week...

Old   
Delta Offline
I killed a man once......

Location: Trying to raise kids on Mars, even though it's cold as hell
08-26-2006 , 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel
This game totally sucks, the only thing that is remotly good is the enviroment which is just a rip from FarCry. Besides that nothing else in this game is good, it has to be one of the worst games I have ever played. EVER.
Bruce lee; quest of the dragon. Xbox and PS2. Come back to me when you've seen it all kid ;p

P.S: Eh Brian!!!

Old   
Ace of Spades Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace of SpadesSend a message via MSN to Ace of Spades
08-26-2006 , 04:53 PM

The character models look like crap and the controls are a little.....bad. Hopefully they'll change it.

Old   
NuclearShark Offline
Not dead.

Send a message via MSN to NuclearShark
08-26-2006 , 06:58 PM

I haven't played it yet (For some reason, I occasionally 'Can't Download' demos, but I've no idea why :(), but I'm assuming you mean the Look Sensivity, in which case there should be an option to tone it down - I'm not sure how anything else could be overly sensitive...

Old   
jigglydude Offline

08-27-2006 , 01:30 AM

Pros: Large enviornment, stunts, open ended gameplay, lots of vehicles, cool reloading visual

Cons:Camera was too far back, the character model of your first target looked terrible, mediocre graphis overall, easy to run and gun your way through with just the default pistol, no voice over at the begining, vehicle controls are differant from most games and are akward

Overall i didnt care for it, might rent it but its not worth the buy.

Old   
Dark_Archon57 Offline

08-27-2006 , 02:05 AM

The only reason I'd buy this game, and I think I said it at first, is for exploration. It has fairly good graphics, I really liked using the fast boat because of the blur effect going over the water. If they make the looking slower while in cars, I'll enjoy it. I just hate how fast it pans.

Old   
Cloud7654 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cloud7654
08-27-2006 , 02:26 PM

My 2 complaints:

1) The standard complaint from everyone who tried the game. The camera. It is way too fast.

2) The learning curve is too easy. You get near a guy to shoot him and it automatically locks on so you can't miss. You don't even have to aim!

Old   
SgtPEPPERER Offline

Send a message via MSN to SgtPEPPERER
08-27-2006 , 03:53 PM

I think people are being a bit too harsh on this game. I, personally, love this game. Everything that people don't like about it is what makes it fun. The ridiculous stunts are purpose. Did you think it's an accident that you can fall from any height, land on a car and still be OK? Or the guy's vehicles are always ridiculously powerful? There's one bit that kinda reminds me of Batman. In Batman, whenever he wants his Batmobile, he would walk to a nearby alleyway, where he would find the Batmobile covered by a sheet. EVERYTIME he wanted the Batmobile. In Just Cause, you can call in a vehicle from anywhere and a helicopter would come and drop it. Which is also really funnily realistic. The chopper drops it from like 50-100 ft in a huge container.

Here's MY little equation:
Ridiculously powerful vehicles+Easy to kill AIs+Funny conveniences+cool chases+intruiging missions=One Kickass game!

Old   
Dark_Archon57 Offline

08-27-2006 , 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPEPPERER
I think people are being a bit too harsh on this game. I, personally, love this game. Everything that people don't like about it is what makes it fun. The ridiculous stunts are purpose. Did you think it's an accident that you can fall from any height, land on a car and still be OK? Or the guy's vehicles are always ridiculously powerful? There's one bit that kinda reminds me of Batman. In Batman, whenever he wants his Batmobile, he would walk to a nearby alleyway, where he would find the Batmobile covered by a sheet. EVERYTIME he wanted the Batmobile. In Just Cause, you can call in a vehicle from anywhere and a helicopter would come and drop it. Which is also really funnily realistic. The chopper drops it from like 50-100 ft in a huge container.

Here's MY little equation:
Ridiculously powerful vehicles+Easy to kill AIs+Funny conveniences+cool chases+intruiging missions=One Kickass game!
Don't worry, I'm not bashing the game, I still have fun with it, but I just despise the sensitivity of the look camera in vehicles. I love the graphics, I love the stunts. I personally love going down the jungle hills in a car, because the camera goes to whatever angle the car's at, making it look more realistic and more movie like.

Old   
SgtPEPPERER Offline

Send a message via MSN to SgtPEPPERER
08-28-2006 , 09:30 AM

I'm not too sure about the camera angles, Archon. I think they're really good sometimes. Like in a helicopter, you can rotate the camera anywhere you want, and it will stay there, as opposed to re-centering itself once you let go of the button. But I don't understand why it doesn't do it in other vehicles. I really like how you can go into manual aim when shooting, it gives it variety.

I really am getting endless thrills from this game. I've gone through the femo about 6 times, now and I plan to go back on it soon! I really love doing crazy stuff with the vehicles. Like I just can't get enough of putting the boat on land, sliding over a hill (acting as a ramp) and when it touches the water it actually goes under the water in a scene of such spectacular it can not in your lifetime be replicated by any other game on the Xbox 360.

Old   
RanIntoTheDevil Offline

Send a message via AIM to RanIntoTheDevil
08-29-2006 , 02:35 PM

Remember the Chromehounds Demo? It was pretty horrible, but, if you played the game, it is amazing. Don't make any accusations about it just yet. Rent it and who knows it might end up being incredible with side missions, less linear gameplay and maybe more polished off graphics/controls.

Old   
NuclearShark Offline
Not dead.

Send a message via MSN to NuclearShark
08-29-2006 , 02:43 PM

Hmm... Well, I've played the 360 and PC demos, and I'm fairly impressed with the 360 demo, aside from a few control issues. The PC version on the other hand, is awful. It's exactly the same, except for the terrible controls - As soon as you start trying to steer when parachuting or driving, you veer wildly that way and end up having to alternate between left and right to simply head in the right direction. And, it doesn't looks half as good.

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

Send a message via AIM to fob12Send a message via MSN to fob12
08-29-2006 , 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanIntoTheDevil
Remember the Chromehounds Demo? It was pretty horrible, but, if you played the game, it is amazing.
I beg to differ.

Old   
matbaylana04 Offline

Send a message via AIM to matbaylana04
08-29-2006 , 08:20 PM

this game blows