Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Gaming and Console Discussion
Gaming and Console Discussion Non-Halo related gaming discussion goes here. Any platform, any game.
Notices

Old   
Loart Offline

Seriously, I don't like sony anymore.. - 08-29-2006 , 06:33 PM

I have a 360, and as of now instead of planning on buying a PS3, i'm getting a WII, why? because ps3 is ripping everyone off, the spec difference in the PS3 and 360 isn't that major, in fact there was a bigger gap between X-box and PS2 back in the day.
But PS3 is acting like, there system is going to be godlike, they've already stolen many ideas from WII, and are undoubtly going to steal X-box 360's marketplace/online ideas, such as live aware, achievements, instant downloadable extras, patches, etc, and a brilliantly designed online play system, even though most of us pay for this, it's worth it, by far.

PS3 doesn't have any games that i'd be willing to buy a PS3 for, capcom is pretty much going multi-system, I already dislike Metal gear solid, and that is the only thing holding PS3 together, on a sad note, Final fantasy is a game I love, but for $600 it's not worth it.

PS3 has killer APs, but hardly any in game footage, and its 'killer aps' are just sequals of old titles, which are going to be selling just because of there name and origins, 360 has a nice lineup of brand new titles, a few old ones persist, but X-box is not trying to base it's system on old games made new.

PS3 is selling games for $120, from what i've heard.
now, $60 is too much, why pay double for a game, that might be slightly more advanced than an x-box 360 title?

WII on the other hand, is keeping it's specs low, but managable, with downloadable games in the motherload, it's going a whole different direction.
And keeping itself affordable, from what I heard, there games will be $40-50.

Now, at $600, I could upgrade my PC to play games far beyond PS3, That's too much IMO. Now, PS3 has fanbase, and they know this, so, they're going to rip off there customers, now, I know PS3 will dominate in power, but it's still far too expensive, more than double the cost of a wii, and about double the cost of a 360.

And hell, i'll be honest, I play my x-box more than my PS2, I own both, but PS2 hardly has any games that I like, aside from decent RPG's.
In fact, the only game I play on PS2 anymore is Soul calibur 3 and Resident evil.

Am I mad? yes.

Why? Overprice bullcrap, stealing ideas, not worth the price.

Are you getting a PS3? Maybe, after the price goes down, but probly not.

Is this a rant? Yes.

/Rant.

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

Send a message via AIM to fob12Send a message via MSN to fob12
08-29-2006 , 06:35 PM

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Old   
Loart Offline

08-29-2006 , 06:38 PM

I'm judging from what I have read.
And from what i've read it doesn't seem to be what I was expecting.

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

Send a message via AIM to fob12Send a message via MSN to fob12
08-29-2006 , 06:42 PM

Samething happened with the 360. >.>

Old   
40sTheme Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to 40sTheme
08-29-2006 , 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fob12
Samething happened with the 360. >.>
NVM didn't see that it was same thing instead of something.
And the 360 will be good when the good games come out.
It's already good because of the hella awesome arcade games, but once the truly good real games come in, i'll get my 360 fixed and start playing.

Old   
Ion_Predator Offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Ion_Predator
08-29-2006 , 08:24 PM

The thing that ruining the PS3 is BlueRay. It's expensive crap that simply makes graphics better. Who really cares.

Does it improve enjoyment: NO

Does it improve gameplay: NO

Does it make everything MUCH more expensive: YES

Old   
Sornos Offline
Que Sera, Sera

Send a message via AIM to Sornos
08-29-2006 , 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Predator
The thing that ruining the PS3 is BlueRay. It's expensive crap that simply makes graphics better
Actually BlueRay is only size, nothing to do graphics. Its all about how much room you can put in a disk.

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

08-29-2006 , 08:57 PM

Well I'm a bit torn here, but I'm going to lock it anyway. BASICALLY it's just a "let's bash Sony" thread, even though I agree with nearly everything said. It doesn't belong here, it would belong in Yappers, but they've had so many of these there they just lock them there too.

So I agree with you, I think Sony is taking a big gamble with this "Take it or leave it, especially if you can't afford it" approach. The technology is fine, but that changes nothing about development. I honestly see the third-to-fourth generation games determining the true power of these systems, but for now it's all just numbers that only matter when a developer takes the time to USE those numbers.

Third Party developers run a big risk with spending all that money to make a game, then trying to sell it at such a high price. There's a risk that all of us college kids just frankly can't afford it and won't buy the dang thing. They have to realize that their largest market in places outside of Japan aren't simply dripping with money. If we can get our kicks much cheaper, then that's where we're going.

Farewell
0={====>