Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Gaming and Console Discussion
Gaming and Console Discussion Non-Halo related gaming discussion goes here. Any platform, any game.
Notices

Old   
Kron Offline
IM BACK BABY!

Xbox Live Gold Account Weirdness - 08-30-2006 , 10:17 PM

Okay, so today, i was playing on Xlink with a few friends of mine, Having fun doing some stuff with mods *on my 360* and little did i know, i would soon have my gold account randomly changed to silver.... ANYWAY time for a list of what happened.

First) i get on Xlink and play some mods with Punk and KORHAL and a few others, as we all talk on Skype. all seemed to be going good until......

Second) SKYPE CRASHES! I get about 100 *at least* pop ups with useless errors and the like and this makes my CPU go all the way to 100% usage. and i couldnt get back into the conversation

Third) My Xlink decides to quit out on me, causing me to go to blue screen and not come out, so, i decide to skip the blue screen and go straght to the Xbox Dashboard *bad idea*

Forth) As i get back to the dash i see a message saying that my account has been down graded! WTF!!!!! I PAYED FOR A YEAR AND I GET 8 MONTHS!!! WTF!

Fifth) I call 1-800-4my-xbox and wait over 10 mins to actually talk to someone *I DONT CARE ABOUT THE DAMNED WIRELESS CONTROLLER I ALREADY HAVE 2!!!!! Stupid ad's*

Sixth) The guy tells me that my account had been canceled today *No really? never would have known* And i ask him how it was canceled *called in or what* AND WAIT ANOTHER 5 MINS ON HOLD!

Seventh) The guy tells me some BS story that ive been getting FREE XBL FOR 8 MONTHS! which is a bunch of Shatonaplate if i ever heard it because the card was charged for a year. and even if i had, you figure they would have noticed earlier >.<!

Eighth) So, finally the guy tells me that if i want to renew i have to buy a new account or the like, which i may as well get a new account with the free one month trial, then get the XBox Live Vision camera when it comes out with the 12 month, and a few games and the camera, So... Today i am very angry at MS and tomorrow or the next day i will be buying a one month, or making a new account for the free one month thing.

Any thoughts on this?
Any suggestions on what i should do?
Comments?

<3 :(

~Kron

Old   
Punk Offline
Back from fishing

Send a message via AIM to PunkSend a message via MSN to PunkSend a message via Skype™ to Punk
08-30-2006 , 10:43 PM

M$ officially sucks, how dare they do this to Kron.

Old   
GreekXboxMaster Offline
Attorney General of HIH

Send a message via AIM to GreekXboxMasterSend a message via MSN to GreekXboxMasterSend a message via Skype™ to GreekXboxMaster
08-30-2006 , 10:44 PM

Do you still have the card with the subscription code?

They can take the code number and see when it was first activated, and all the history in regards to billing information, account cancellation, etc.

If you clearly told them that there was never an attempt to cancel the account, they should comply.

-GXM

Old   
Kron Offline
IM BACK BABY!

08-30-2006 , 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekXboxMaster
Do you still have the card with the subscription code?

They can take the code number and see when it was first activated, and all the history in regards to billing information, account cancellation, etc.

If you clearly told them that there was never an attempt to cancel the account, they should comply.

-GXM
No, supposedly they never recieved a payment, which is a bunch of crap because we have a recipt for it... It doesnt much matter, im going to get a month of XBL and then when the Vision comes out ill buy that and get the 12 month from there, I think from now on im sticking with cards rather then using a redit card to pay for it... for now... Any suggestions for my new GT?

Old   
GreekXboxMaster Offline
Attorney General of HIH

Send a message via AIM to GreekXboxMasterSend a message via MSN to GreekXboxMasterSend a message via Skype™ to GreekXboxMaster
08-30-2006 , 10:51 PM

St. Kronus...?

>_>

-GXM

Old   
a28ozSlurpee Offline

08-30-2006 , 10:56 PM

KRONISM

wooo!

Old   
HalfYellowBird Offline

08-30-2006 , 11:37 PM

Wow this is the last straw, first M$ makes a crappy OS and then they do what !!! cancel a xbl account :( i hope they die in a fire.... powered by linux.

Old   
Rude Guyzer Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rude GuyzerSend a message via MSN to Rude Guyzer
08-31-2006 , 12:52 AM

/me shares your pain :(:(

I just got off the phone them up about my faulty 360. I got a guy with a foreign accent who spends 5 minutes getting my name right. 5 minutes. Bloody hell. I tell him my problem, and he tells me basically to repeat everything that I've done to try and fix it. Of course, that didn't work. Puts me on hold for another 5 minutes. He comes back and tells me that he thinks I've had a hardware failure. O. RLY. ?. He tells me that he'll send an e-mail with the shipping address for me to send away. Last time I did that, I never got my controller back.

I'm worried. :(

Old   
Delta Offline
I killed a man once......

Location: Trying to raise kids on Mars, even though it's cold as hell
08-31-2006 , 09:40 AM

try going to memmory. console settings. Then see if you can change the date back to reactivate the account. Otherwise hire my nan, shes real demanding and doesnt take schlapskie from these kinda people haha..