Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Gaming and Console Discussion
Gaming and Console Discussion Non-Halo related gaming discussion goes here. Any platform, any game.
Notices

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

08-17-2006 , 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofed
Now, is there anyway to collect the items behind the invisible walls that you kill an enemy behind?
Unless one of the ranged characters have a way of grabbing them, like Tyurru, then no. I don't even think her bubbles of watery stuff are capable of grabbing items. The best bet is to TRY to kill the enemy away from invisible walls and hills (I know, some are a pain). Also, sometimes the dead body of a larger enemy will fall directly on top of the item/exp badge they spawn, making it impossible to grab them. It seems to just be a game flaw.

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
Cloud7654 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cloud7654
08-18-2006 , 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofthesword
Unless one of the ranged characters have a way of grabbing them, like Tyurru, then no. I don't even think her bubbles of watery stuff are capable of grabbing items. The best bet is to TRY to kill the enemy away from invisible walls and hills (I know, some are a pain). Also, sometimes the dead body of a larger enemy will fall directly on top of the item/exp badge they spawn, making it impossible to grab them. It seems to just be a game flaw.
A lot of times when a large enemy falls on top of the item, it helps to dash towards it. Most of the time I will pick it up by doing that.

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

08-18-2006 , 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud7654
A lot of times when a large enemy falls on top of the item, it helps to dash towards it. Most of the time I will pick it up by doing that.
Agreed, sometimes jumping helps too, but overall I've had difficulty picking up anything fallen upon a large enemy, such as a troll. Don't give up though.

I'll try to work out general and some specific strategies over the later part of the weekend, I've beaten the game with two characters and I'm working on the third. I can't wait to unlock Tyurru and her water attacks. I'm dying for some more long-range stuff in this game.

Basically the best advice I can give is grab lots of items, don't hesitate to explore the level nor use your orb attacks, at least the first stage attacks. Save your Blue Orb attack for dangerous situations or a crapload of enemies.

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

Send a message via AIM to fob12Send a message via MSN to fob12
08-18-2006 , 07:32 AM

Hmm... yeah it's what I thought. Are the Achievments easy to get? Because that's probably the only reason that I'd rent it is for the Achievments.

Old   
NYTrigga101 Offline

Send a message via AIM to NYTrigga101Send a message via MSN to NYTrigga101Send a message via Yahoo to NYTrigga101
08-18-2006 , 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fob12
Hmm... yeah it's what I thought. Are the Achievments easy to get? Because that's probably the only reason that I'd rent it is for the Achievments.
yes they are, its just basically getting A Rankings and completing the story mode for characters

also levelling up all your characters which is also easy

Old   
Cloud7654 Offline

08-18-2006 , 11:47 PM

The Achievements are easy, but they can take a while to get.

Old   
MasterSniper911 Offline

Send a message via MSN to MasterSniper911
08-19-2006 , 09:44 AM

I cant get past imphyy lvl 6 >_<

Also, I got everyone else to lvl 6 and I cant get them farther, I want to unlock the Tyhun (sorry if I spelt it wrong) spellcaster girl. But you gotta beat like 3 peoples whole story line >_____<

Old   
Aukatrau Offline

08-19-2006 , 01:03 PM

I'm downloading right now and I love the dynasty warriors games. I played it on the ps2 with my friend so i'm expecting some serious graphic changes.

Old   
K2Valor Offline
Blades don't need reloading.

Send a message via AIM to K2Valor
08-19-2006 , 04:03 PM

I'm waiting for this game to ship to me over GnF

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

08-19-2006 , 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSniper911
I cant get past imphyy lvl 6 >_<

Also, I got everyone else to lvl 6 and I cant get them farther, I want to unlock the Tyhun (sorry if I spelt it wrong) spellcaster girl. But you gotta beat like 3 peoples whole story line >_____<
Yeah to unlock Tyurru you have to unlock Aspharr and Myifee by beating Inphyy's story, then beat both of their stories. Then being Dwingvatt's story when it unlocks, and you'll have Tyurru.

It's hard as crap trying to play her, she's BLOODY weak. I'm working on building her up a bit, but they throw you right against a cave troll battle and all Ty does is squirt water. Not too terrifying for a cave troll.

My Inphyy is at level 8, so just keep killing stuff, and if you find a wisdom orb or cloak use that. It'll help your exp go up faster. Don't hesitate to use your specials, and just wipe out everyone. The Goblin village raid and the Pholya Flatlands battles are great for leveling her up.

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
NYTrigga101 Offline

Send a message via AIM to NYTrigga101Send a message via MSN to NYTrigga101Send a message via Yahoo to NYTrigga101
08-21-2006 , 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofthesword
Yeah to unlock Tyurru you have to unlock Aspharr and Myifee by beating Inphyy's story, then beat both of their stories. Then being Dwingvatt's story when it unlocks, and you'll have Tyurru.

It's hard as crap trying to play her, she's BLOODY weak. I'm working on building her up a bit, but they throw you right against a cave troll battle and all Ty does is squirt water. Not too terrifying for a cave troll.

My Inphyy is at level 8, so just keep killing stuff, and if you find a wisdom orb or cloak use that. It'll help your exp go up faster. Don't hesitate to use your specials, and just wipe out everyone. The Goblin village raid and the Pholya Flatlands battles are great for leveling her up.
i got Tyurru early today, i can't play as her, i thought she was going to be fun but she isn't she is way too weak. the only thing fun with her is the flying thing, so im gonna try speed running with her. I have to beat this game before madden comes out.

Old   
Cloud7654 Offline

08-21-2006 , 09:10 PM

As Tyurru levels up, she actually does get pretty powerful, and her Orb Spark is incredible. I wiped out over 700 goblins with it at once. It takes a while to learn how to use her, but, once you do, she is pretty good. I find it is good to let a group come at you, hold them off by pressing X like a madman. If they ever get too close, just press RX and it will knock them away.

Old   
MasterSniper911 Offline

Send a message via MSN to MasterSniper911
08-22-2006 , 09:39 PM

Yeah gotta put game back tomarrow but apparently BlockBuster doesnt have "late fees" anymore, so I guess its time to test that system out. I beat the priest, Tyuun (sp?), Imphyy, Ashpharr, The guy that starts with a M, and the guy that starts with a D.

Sorry they got some weird *** names in there >________>. I want the "mystery" character :@

Old   
Cloud7654 Offline

08-22-2006 , 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSniper911
Yeah gotta put game back tomarrow but apparently BlockBuster doesnt have "late fees" anymore, so I guess its time to test that system out. I beat the priest, Tyuun (sp?), Imphyy, Ashpharr, The guy that starts with a M, and the guy that starts with a D.

Sorry they got some weird *** names in there >________>. I want the "mystery" character :@
If you beat Klarrann, Tyurru (someone else on the xbox.com forums said Tyuun too lol), Imphyy, Aspharr, Myifee, and Dwingvatt, you should have unlocked the secret character. Secret character is awesome, but his storyline is waaayyyy too short.

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

08-23-2006 , 08:07 PM

Tyurru is actually awesome once you level her up. The big problem with her is that it takes so long to unlock her and by the time you make it there, your gameplay style has been set in your brain. Everyone before is heavily melee-oriented, so jumping into a pile of enemies and wailing on them is the ideal strategy. You can't play like that with Tyurru.

If you're having trouble levelling up with her, start slow in the first level. Take your time and stick with your generals. Let them work on the bosses while you just shoot water at everybody. Her "water balloon" Y button attacks are VERY slow so be careful with those. Although they're fair crowd control, you'll probably get hit before you can get them out.

Like was mentioned before, Tyurru doesn't have a dash but instead leaps back and makes a shield of water in front of her. This shield causes damage to enemies approaching you, and will naturally slow them down. Use this liberally to keep from getting surrounded and to keep her safe. Hitting X as soon as you hit R Trigger will also make her toss out a small wave behind the barrier, doing even more damage and blasting enemies back. Use this any time the mass of enemies gets too close. She's a ranged character, so keep her away from combat and just squirt water at goblins.

Good stuff:
-Smashing X as fast as you can (makes her water gun faster)

-Avoid the Y button while on the ground (water balloons are too slow)

-Fly (Jump, then hit A again. As you level up you can fly further. Hit Y here to drop bombs, about the only time the Y button is useful for her)

-Use the "R/X Shield" as often as you can. It keeps enemies away from you and does damage at the same time.

-Use generals against bosses and just hang back and use your water gun

-Use items that help her level up quickly and charge her orb powers faster as you get them. Tyurru rarely has useful troops, so avoid things like Flags and Emblems unless they boost your attack as well.

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
Mello Master Offline
NARWHALS ARE AWESOME

Send a message via AIM to Mello MasterSend a message via MSN to Mello MasterSend a message via Skype™ to Mello Master
08-23-2006 , 11:12 PM

Well as long as its not slash x 1,000,000 = Game over I might just buy it. probly go get the demo right now but still loving my dead rising. So when the review comes up from u guys I will see.

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

08-29-2006 , 05:26 PM

*bump*

Yes I'm shamelessly bumping my own topic. The reason is I would like to know if you guys care about this game or not. If you do, I'll write up some FAQs and get some bios and stuff going, but that'll take some work so if no one really cares I can just move on.

So yeah, sorry for the bump, but let me know what you guys want done if anything and I'll work on it, or not. :p

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
Boofed Offline

Send a message via AIM to BoofedSend a message via MSN to Boofed
08-29-2006 , 08:18 PM

I haven't been able to play this game because my controller has a broken "X" button.
Sucks eh?
Well it's also a bit hard to play Dead Rising.
I'm getting along with Saint's Row okay right now.

Old   
NuclearShark Offline
Not dead.

Send a message via MSN to NuclearShark
08-30-2006 , 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofed
I haven't been able to play this game because my controller has a broken "X" button.
Sucks eh?
Well it's also a bit hard to play Dead Rising.
I'm getting along with Saint's Row okay right now.
You coul probably remap the buttons y'know. There's usually a few spare lying around in each game.

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

09-01-2006 , 04:43 PM

I finally beat the secret level and the final boss, DANG that was surprisingly hard. Had moments of old school there. Meaning, I actually died several times. Great fun indeed. You HAVE to be maxed out to win that one.

Basically beat the storymode with all seven characters, then reload Inphyy's save. She'll now have an extra level to play on. Make sure she's at level 9, and be careful.

I suppose I'll work on full move-lists and hidden items and weapons now, along with strategies. Yes, strategies, per character.

Farewell
0={====>