Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Gaming and Console Discussion
Gaming and Console Discussion Non-Halo related gaming discussion goes here. Any platform, any game.
Notices

Old   
GuiltySpark Offline

Xbox or Xbox360? - 08-28-2006 , 09:57 PM

Just wondering what the majority of you are still playing Halo and Halo 2 on. With Halo 3 still so far out on the horizon, I don't see anything worthy of my $400 to get the Xbox360 right now, but I may be overlooking some benefits of playing Halo and Halo 2 through emulation on the Xbox360.

Old   
Cartman Offline

08-28-2006 , 10:22 PM

No benifits for Halo and Halo 2 on the Xbox 360, except for mildly better graphics. If you are going to purchase a system, though, make sure to get the 360, because it is a bad investment to buy an Xbox just to hold you over until Halo 3.

Old   
GuiltySpark Offline

08-28-2006 , 10:41 PM

I already have an Xbox...just wondering if it is worth it to get the Xbox360 even though I have very little interest in the games available right now for the system. In other words...is Halo and Halo 2 on Xbox360 worth the price of admission (along with an occasional game or two) until Halo 3 comes along?

Old   
Dark_Archon57 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Archon57
08-28-2006 , 10:53 PM

If you're happy w/ playing H1 and H2 on an original XBox, then keep it, no need to go fancy. I got a 360 because of games like Dead Rising and Quake IV (I love the Quake series, plus it comes w/ Quake II, all the better for me). But if you don't have any interest, well... I'd just wait until around March to buy one, a little before Halo 3 comes out, so you can actually get an XBox 360. I wouldn't wait until that last month to buy one, who knows what'll happen there.

Old   
UnformedUncle Offline
Take a Seat

08-28-2006 , 10:54 PM

There are a lot of great games for the 360 right now. There is Dead Rising, Oblivion, Call of Duty, Saints Row, and Condemned right now. Also you are probably going to want to get one if your pc sucks for gaming for the game Spore. That will be out next year though.

Old   
Ion_Predator Offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Ion_Predator
08-29-2006 , 12:40 AM

Well, I don't have a 360, but my friend does.

Apparently, Oblivion is an extremely hot title.

But, the 360 is not limited to just playing games. The dashboard is actually LOADS of fun. As ridiculous as it sounds, it's fun as hell downloading games demos and trailers on the very user friendly dashboard. Virtually, you have alot of great games available to already by buying a 360. There's no need to buy any games for the 360 since you can download the demos and spend your time playing them isntead of searching for good games. .

Old   
xXxZODIACxXx Offline

Send a message via AIM to xXxZODIACxXxSend a message via MSN to xXxZODIACxXxSend a message via Skype™ to xXxZODIACxXx
08-29-2006 , 01:12 AM

The 360 is better in my opinion, I personallly think the dashboard is more fun than Halo 2 itself.

Old   
a28ozSlurpee Offline

08-29-2006 , 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxZODIACxXx
The 360 is better in my opinion, I personallly think the dashboard is more fun than Halo 2 itself.
Yup! And you don't have to worry about modders on the dashboard! Woo!

Old   
Sean999 Offline

08-30-2006 , 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Predator
But, the 360 is not limited to just playing games. The dashboard is actually LOADS of fun. As ridiculous as it sounds, it's fun as hell downloading games demos and trailers on the very user friendly dashboard.
So true, so true... I love the way they've improved the Dashboard over the crappy Xbox one.

Old   
Delta Offline
I killed a man once......

Location: Trying to raise kids on Mars, even though it's cold as hell
08-31-2006 , 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean999
So true, so true... I love the way they've improved the Dashboard over the crappy Xbox one.
next update; group voice chat maybe?

Old   
Caustic Window Offline

Location: Because Here at Caustic Towers,We're better than You!
Send a message via ICQ to Caustic WindowSend a message via AIM to Caustic WindowSend a message via MSN to Caustic WindowSend a message via Yahoo to Caustic Window
08-31-2006 , 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta
next update; group voice chat maybe?
sounds bad.
i know alot of people who have very loud high pitched friends.
1 invite and its all over for your ears.

Old   
Delta Offline
I killed a man once......

Location: Trying to raise kids on Mars, even though it's cold as hell
08-31-2006 , 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Window
sounds bad.
i know alot of people who have very loud high pitched friends.
1 invite and its all over for your ears.
I mean private chat, except you can inv 4 of your mates or more whatever. they had it in xbox 1 (i think someone said that) itd be better if i didnt have to keep leavin chats and re-entering them

Old   
UnformedUncle Offline
Take a Seat

08-31-2006 , 12:26 PM

Yeah they have those on the first Xbox.