Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Yap and Blabber Music, Movies, and Video
Notices

Old   
Merth Offline

05-23-2007 , 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fob12
"It was mainly because of the stop bar tune-o-matic setup. I'm not used to it. And I couldn't get used to it, lol. I like a string-thru or a vintage strat style trem.". =[
I'll get you some pics.

Stop Bar Tailpiece w/ tune-o-matic.

String thru body

Vintage Trem

(this strat looks freakin' sweet.)

Those are the bridge styles i was talking about; the first one I dislike. It just doesn't feel right.
--------------------------------------------------

So, off onto a new branch; anybody here sing?

I sing; i'm not fond of my voice because I just think it sounds weird, but I guess that other people think I'm good. I'm still working on singing and playing at the same time while maintaining a loud singing voice but keeping my guitar playing in time with others. it's tough work.

Last edited by Merth; 05-23-2007 at 09:24 PM. .

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

Send a message via AIM to fob12Send a message via MSN to fob12
05-23-2007 , 09:39 PM

Thanks. Yeah I agree with you there, and on the Fender. ^_^I was thinking about getting a Fender Showcaster, do you know anything about it? I played it at Guitar Center and I loved it.I've never really tried singing. I have a real deep voice, and I goof off sometimes and start singing in a low voice, and I sound exactly like Johnny Cash, but I've never really tried to sing anything else. So I don't really know how I sound.

Old   
Merth Offline

05-23-2007 , 09:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah I agree with you there, and on the Fender. ^_^I was thinking about getting a Fender Showcaster, do you know anything about it? I played it at Guitar Center and I loved it.I've never really tried singing. I have a real deep voice, and I goof off sometimes and start singing in a low voice, and I sound exactly like Johnny Cash, but I've never really tried to sing anything else. So I don't really know how I sound.
I've never actually heard of a showcaster >_>.

I wasn't really that much into guitar until I got into singing. I played yeah, but I wasn't too serious about it; I was never interested in the lead aspect of playing guitar, but rhythm got boring after a while. Then singing came into play, and combining rhythm and singing was a real challenge which totally revamped my interest in guitar.

There's my little story.

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

05-24-2007 , 01:33 AM

That's cool. Keep going at it man, you never know where you might be in 10 years. Guerrilla, I'd like to thank you also because you were my inspiration for this thread. When you made the guitar thread, I thought it'd be a great idea to make a musicians thread. So thanks. =]

Old   
Merth Offline

05-24-2007 , 07:06 AM

Quote:
That's cool. Keep going at it man, you never know where you might be in 10 years. Guerrilla, I'd like to thank you also because you were my inspiration for this thread. When you made the guitar thread, I thought it'd be a great idea to make a musicians thread. So thanks. =]
Haha, I completely forgot about that thread. But I'm glad that you made the new one, and that it will actually stay up here.

OT, but I'm sending you an FR. :D

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

05-24-2007 , 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla Radio
Haha, I completely forgot about that thread. But I'm glad that you made the new one, and that it will actually stay up here.

OT, but I'm sending you an FR. :D
I don't have XBL atm. :(

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

05-25-2007 , 05:35 PM

I want to let everyone know that I won't be able to update anything for a few weeks, because of personal issues. I will be posting, but I can't update anything. -_- Bare with me. I just want to say, buy Black Rain, it kicks arsonskie, and keep going at it!Also, PM me about an idea I had regarding something special if you're interested... :)

Old   
wauterboi2 Offline
Banned

Send a message via MSN to wauterboi2Send a message via Yahoo to wauterboi2
05-28-2007 , 12:29 PM

Music Video? Where?

I want to create a music video, but I'm limited to what I have. I have WMM, no CamCorder, nothing important. I do have Photoshop/Imageready, but that would be a pain.

Is there any good movie editors out?

Old   
AceDauntless Offline
Symbolic

06-02-2007 , 04:27 PM

Anyone know of a program where you can make a baseline and drum part?

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...

06-02-2007 , 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wauterboi
Music Video? Where?

I want to create a music video, but I'm limited to what I have. I have WMM, no CamCorder, nothing important. I do have Photoshop/Imageready, but that would be a pain.

Is there any good movie editors out?
Most people 'round here are probably going to recommend Sony Vegas for movie editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDauntless
Anyone know of a program where you can make a baseline and drum part?
Hydrogen is an open-source drum machine, but it doesn't have bass capabilities.

ReBirth is released for free by the manufacturer, but it is a bit old. I think it's mainly used to make Techno-type songs.

Old   
Drake Offline

06-02-2007 , 07:30 PM

Am I the only person in HIH that has a hardware synthesizer? I know wauterboi uses a softsynth, but it just isn't the same...

Also, may I ask why the guitar is such a popular instrument? Is it the glamorous appeal, sound, etc. ?

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

06-02-2007 , 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
Am I the only person in HIH that has a hardware synthesizer? I know wauterboi uses a softsynth, but it just isn't the same...

Also, may I ask why the guitar is such a popular instrument? Is it the glamorous appeal, sound, etc. ?
It's magical, and has so many feelings to it. Some people get it to attract girls (fail), some people get it for their love of music. It's just an amazing instrument.

Old   
Drake Offline

06-02-2007 , 07:46 PM

Quote:
It's magical, and has so many feelings to it. Some people get it to attract girls (fail), some people get it for their love of music. It's just an amazing instrument.
My elementary school had this guitar program a while back for all the classes, and I hated it because my hand felt really uncomfortable when playing basic notes. Now, my hands flow like oil on my keyboard. A very powerful unison between the two instruments can be made though, which is sweet.

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

06-02-2007 , 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
My elementary school had this guitar program a while back for all the classes, and I hated it because my hand felt really uncomfortable when playing basic notes. Now, my hands flow like oil on my keyboard. A very powerful unison between the two instruments can be made though, which is sweet.
Oh yeah definately. It's an amazing and magical relationship. No one can capture it better than Dream Theater.

Old   
Crazy Dylan Offline
I R Baboon

Send a message via AIM to Crazy Dylan
06-05-2007 , 09:55 PM

Yeah I know this has been done before but what music is describing right now:

My parents are being bisonskiees right now and telling me I'm no good at anything so currently I'm listening to Riot by Three Days Grace and all of A Matter of Life and Death by Iron Maiden

Old   
Merth Offline

06-06-2007 , 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dylan
Yeah I know this has been done before but what music is describing right now:

My parents are being bisonskiees right now and telling me I'm no good at anything so currently I'm listening to Riot by Three Days Grace and all of A Matter of Life and Death by Iron Maiden
Prove them wrong.

Old   
wauterboi2 Offline
Banned

Send a message via MSN to wauterboi2Send a message via Yahoo to wauterboi2
06-11-2007 , 08:57 PM

What is that one song on the "AdultSwim.com Premeres" commercial?

Old   
AceDauntless Offline
Symbolic

06-11-2007 , 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wauterboi
What is that one song on the "AdultSwim.com Premeres" commercial?
Did your mom give you permission to watch AdultSwim?

Pretty sure it says 14 and up.........

Old   
fob12 Offline
Ghost Launching Founder

06-11-2007 , 11:52 PM

Yeah I was thinking the samething...

Go on youtube, and search up Adultswim Theme Song or whatever it is, and then click it. In the comments, someone might know what it is.

Has anyone heard Bon Jovi's songs? He's so awesome. I knew his songs and him for a long time, but I've been getting into his stuff a lot now. It's so awesome and original.

Old   
forevercha0s Offline
Fortune favors the brave.

Send a message via AIM to forevercha0sSend a message via Skype™ to forevercha0s
06-14-2007 , 01:41 AM

I seldom find time to come visit you guys at HIH anymore (I know.. it's sad :() But I was turned on by this thread and I knew I had to post :) So I'm just going to go off on a tangent about random music stuff and hopefully you guys will gain knowledge and/or entertainment out of it.

First of all, as fob12 mentioned on the first post, the new Dream Theater album is OUT. It's called "Systematic Chaos," and it is AMAZING. They definitely headed in a new direction with this album (come to think of it, they do that with every album). If I had to describe this album in one word, this would be it- Balls. This album is just pure balls, through and through. Heavy and insane at times, yet melodic and lyrical. Truly Dream Theater's best show of musicianship yet. Do whatever it takes to get this album, you won't regret it. Get the special edition if you can pump out the extra few bucks. It has a "making of" DVD, and it shows you how freakin' badass they are.

And again, as fob12 mentioned.. The new Rush album "Snakes and Arrows". Brilliant. This stuff is straight up Rush, they haven't changed the way they sound or write their music one bit. Now granted, I don't think they'll ever write another "Tom Sawyer" or "YYZ"-like hit... But they did an awesome job on this album. Kudos to Geddy, Alex and Neil :)

Now, I would like to recommend some musicians that some of you guys may never have heard of. I just think it's sad that some of the best musicians in the world are getting less recognition than Britney Spears or just about any rap artist out there.
First musician: Tommy Emmanuel. Absolutely amazing acoustic guitarist from Australia and a very huge influence on myself and the way I play guitar and write music. Check him out on youtube, he's got massive skills.
Next: Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. New-age bluegrass/jazz fusion group. They've been around for quite a while and have a very unique sound. They also have (in my opinion) the best bassist in the world, Victor Wooten. Check 'em out.
Dominici. Dream Theater's ex-lead singer's new band. Basically the band Solid Vision with Charlie Dominici as the singer :) Straight up prog-rock/metal. They have a great guitarist, Brian Maillard, who is also an accomplished actor. Pick up their new CD, "O3: A Trilogy, part two"
That's just a few :)

As some of you guys know, I've been straight-up working my *** off all summer. Almost 60 hours a weeks as a matter of fact. Part of the reason I'm doing this is so I can fund a demo CD that I'm going to record later this year.
I'm going to record all the original music I've been writing- mostly acoustic stuff. There's also a couple of songs I've been trying with a piano as well. I'll keep you guys updated on that. I'm doing all of this because I'm going to be moving to Nashville near the end of this year to play music and pursue a recording deal. Wish me luck on all of that :)

Ok... it's late, I'm tired, and I have work in 6 hours. Enough for now :)

Tags
music, musicians