Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old   
Xwo's Avatar
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun
 
Posts: 1,149
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The J, T, and X, are all capitalized.
Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-09-2011 , 11:17 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpify View Post
Thanks alot dude, but I'm going to have to disagree with the stepping the game up...

People aren't bothering to make videos at all...
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

Personally I prefer short, fun and simple videos over long amazing ones... I know a tonne of people with a tonne of good jumps landed and to those I say, MAKE A DARN VIDEO!
Josh sets a horrible example of what we should be which is accepting of everyone... It's not about skill or flashy editing, it's about chillin' having a good time landing fun jumps...
We all jump for different reasons. You're every bit as entitled to thinking that jumping is about having fun and chilling, as Josh and many others (including myself), are entitled to thinking that the video wasn't good.

But whatever, I'm done with Halo for now...
See you in a week.
If anyone is setting a bad example in this thread, it's you. You need to learn to take constructive criticism and build off of it.

Xwo


I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

  #22  
Old   
Hax0rz's Avatar
Hax0rz Offline
 
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jul 2009
03-09-2011 , 11:36 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
Were getting mini videos that aren't up to par to things like OFTB, LBYL, or Origins.
I lol'd at Origins, just sayin'.

I'm getting pretty bored of all these "save the community" threads/posts, like someone said earlier.

I'm also getting pretty tired of these "we, we're, us" posts. What I mean is that, yes, we are a community, but don't sit back and do nothing to contributed if you want something to happen.

I also know I've been dwelling a bit lately, and that what I say probably won't mean much and get flamed a lot, but this is turning into a "brutally honest" thread, which is still better than a "save the community" thread.

EDIT: Thanks a ton for the shoutout, ya nub. I enjoyed the video, but there was a bit too much slowmo hehe. Sad to see you go, hope to see you on Xbl sometime

EDITEDIT: Constructive criticism is something to help someone to build up and improve what they're doing it, not a way to insult them and then use it as an excuse.

  #23  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-10-2011 , 01:08 AM


Haha, I dont know xD. I like origins a lot :). But thtlat brings up something i just thought of. I have two points the I personally see wrong with this community and this may benefit some people or the community as a whole.

A. Constructive criticism: people need to man up and take these punches like a man. One day those bruises will heal and you'll get better/stronger where to the point their will be a smaller effect of these punches and they won't hurt at all. (metaphors ftw)

B. Opinion Based: this community is driven on video based bias. Who cares if someone dislikes LBYL 3 opposed to LBYL 2 or even novella over OFTB. That's an opinion, you don't need to go off on a random tangent as to why another video is better. (not trying to be hipocritical because I'm sorta going off on a tangent).

I'm not calling anyone out, I'm just posting an opinion. I hope some take this into consideration though.

  #24  
Old   
Resix's Avatar
Resix Offline
 
Posts: 546
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jumping off of some monitors.
Send a message via AIM to Resix
03-10-2011 , 01:25 AM


I enjoyed this video a lot! Let's ignore the fact that this video was interlaced like noneother. The editing was very enjoyable. Love what you did with the foundry opener. The jump? Not so much. Also like how you did solo partners like slynki does his. Makes the jump hard to do and gives it some added style. Some jumps were overpowered but then again, when is there ever a video without overpowered jumps?

Good job magic. Hope to see you back again someday.

Last edited by Resix; 03-10-2011 at 02:22 AM. . Reason: Sorry, meant to say it was interlaced.

  #25  
Old   
Xwo's Avatar
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun
 
Posts: 1,149
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The J, T, and X, are all capitalized.
Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-10-2011 , 02:20 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Resix View Post
I enjoyed this video a lot! Let's ignore the fact that this video wasn't deinterlaced like noneother.
I thought the same exact thing.

Sorry to see you go, Jumpify.


I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

  #26  
Old   
iJumpify's Avatar
iJumpify Offline
 
Posts: 365
Join Date: Aug 2009
03-10-2011 , 05:48 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwo View Post
If anyone is setting a bad example in this thread, it's you. You need to learn to take constructive criticism and build off of it.

Xwo
lol (You made me use that word, and I hate it)
I can take constructive criticism as much as anyone, when it's constructive.
Half of Josh's posts in this thread have been totally off topic. I never complained about his opinion, he can think what he wants I don't care - I wasn't trying to make lbyl v2, I was trying to make a chill video for the fun of it.


@Josh, Hax has 80 posts because he spends more time landing decent jumps than troll-ol-oling like you. He contributes only when needed, something we should all learn to do more.

  #27  
Old   
Xwo's Avatar
Xwo Offline
It's all about having fun
 
Posts: 1,149
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The J, T, and X, are all capitalized.
Send a message via AIM to XwoSend a message via Skype™ to Xwo
03-10-2011 , 07:17 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpify View Post
lol (You made me use that word, and I hate it)
I can take constructive criticism as much as anyone, when it's constructive.
Half of Josh's posts in this thread have been totally off topic. I never complained about his opinion, he can think what he wants I don't care - I wasn't trying to make lbyl v2, I was trying to make a chill video for the fun of it.


@Josh, Hax has 80 posts because he spends more time landing decent jumps than troll-ol-oling like you. He contributes only when needed, something we should all learn to do more.
Obviously you can't take constructive criticism. In Josh's original post he made several points that could be helpful to someone upon making their next video. You also said that you don't care about what he has to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh's 1st post in this thread
so review time:

music :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1ZFKf0VFg ..so fail right there

jump1: looks overpowered,pacman map and its the opener really?
jump2: i always hated these bruteshot fusion coil rubbles just because they nearly never look good and people always say they look overpowered
jump 3: just looked incredibly easy
jump 4: rocket platform from that height and with the brute shot launch should easily be able to get you there without the bruteshots
jump5: im sorry but that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen
jump6:incredibly old jumps
jump7: probably my favorite jump but why is the tanks so far away when he only fires once? and the camera work could be clearer..
jump 8: everyones done a similar jump so kinda disappointed that was ender..


I had hoped after all this time and the fact that solo standards have raised and that you have been jumping for years that this would have been better...

btw too much slomo and in sd with choppy framerates made it hard to watch nvm the jumps and music itself

1/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpify's Response to Josh's post
Lol ok bro, nice review I guess ?
By the way the tank was so far away because i was juggeling 2 controllers meaning the timing was tres difficile.
EDIT
I didn't know the music had previously been used, but even so, does it matter?
Other video standards has nothing to do with this what-so-ever. I don't claim it to be 'renegade' or anything like it, THAT is one of the reason jumping is dying to you.
You claim to both be able to take constructive criticism, and to also not care about what he has to say, yet in the post quoted above, you blow off what he pointed out to you, and also get very defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninji's first post in this thread
I understand where Josh I coming from, but nevertheless it's very nice. We all will definitely miss you buddy :). Good luck with life and whatnot.

The music, it was good
Jumps, were decent, I like the last jump.
Editing, could have been better, it was nice and chill though.
Filming, I'm not a fan of shots that are from the side view (they look cheesy to me).

My personal opinion is that we as a community need to start stepping our game up. Were getting mini videos that aren't up to par to things like OFTB, LBYL, or Origins. Were just getting mini snippets which I find boring. We should actually make a community video where we put our actual good jumps.
In the above post, Ninji goes into less detail about what he thought you could have improved on than Josh did; However, he tells you he likes the video. You respond in a very positive manner to him, which is quoted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpify's Response to Ninji
Thanks alot dude, but I'm going to have to disagree with the stepping the game up...
People aren't bothering to make videos at all... Personally I prefer short, fun and simple videos over long amazing ones... I know a tonne of people with a tonne of good jumps landed and to those I say, MAKE A DARN VIDEO!
Josh sets a horrible example of what we should be which is accepting of everyone... It's not about skill or flashy editing, it's about chillin' having a good time landing fun jumps...
But whatever, I'm done with Halo for now...
In this post, you don't hesitate to start even more conflict with Josh, mentioning in your opinion one of his, "flaws," which was entirely unnecessary at the time it was posted.

Now back to the last part of your most recent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last part of Jumpify's most recent post
@Josh, Hax has 80 posts because he spends more time landing decent jumps than troll-ol-oling like you. He contributes only when needed, something we should all learn to do more.
Once again, starting more unnecessary direct conflict with Josh.

You continued to make the following post in the Jumping Social in a response to one of Josh's posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpify's post in the jumping social
Do you know how many small teams there are that jump or are starting?
Jumping isn't dead, it's dead to you. Maybe because you've been doing it for like 10 billion years and only ever managed to make yourself an 'I'm a douche' reputation and 1 decent video?
It's probably dead to you because you grew up (well...), found better things to do or just realised you didn't enjoy it...
stop trying to force your opinions on us and shut up. We understand what you think, you've told us like a million times already.
Once again, you're personally attacking Josh. To be honest, you keep saying that Josh has never done anything good, yet he currently holds a Youtube Channel with over 2,100 subscribers, which I'm sure is more than you have, has appeared in a video that I'm sure is better than one you've been in, and has done far more to benefit both this community as well as the MLG community more than I'm sure you will ever do. Apart from all these things, he's played various roles in many other different, successful videos.

Get off your high horse. Josh might be a troll, but you shouldn't discredit him for what he has done.

It seems to me like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him that you really need to get resolved, or you're just jealous. Maybe taking a break from here is a good thing for you, who knows.

Xwo


I'll miss this website more than words can describe. I'm so incredibly sad to see it go. I want to say thanks to all the staff that have kept this place up and running for all this time. I'm proud to have been a part of such an amazing website and such a great community. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Farewell, HIH.

Xwo

  #28  
Old   
Coy o's Avatar
Coy o Offline
 
Posts: 155
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: RIP HIH
03-10-2011 , 02:27 PM


Magic you weren't the most famous guy around here, and i didn't even like you that much but it sucks to see you leave. Hope things work out for you in the long hall. I hated the video.. but it had a good flow to it.

When ever someone says something to you, that you don't like you get all but hurt. Everyone has there own opinion, you just decide to take it straight to the heart.. Josh Didn't like the video, so what.. neither did i and a lot of other people you just decided to pin point every little thing he said.

Magic is leaving and he is just saying goodbye and thanks for the good times josh.. no reason why you need to be an ass? You guys don't like each other one another and that is clearly obvious but Cmon you hate trolls as much as anyone else here.. and lately you have been a really big one.. I don't come on this site that much anymore, because of people being complete asses and getting every comment deleted but when i came here at first everything seem to be so much cleaner, nicer.. Yeah the video wasn't great but no reason to be an ass.. Now where all just getting off topic and arguing.. Wither everyone wants to believe it or not.. this is all getting old for everyone..

  #29  
Old   
Exercy's Avatar
Exercy Offline
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jul 2010
03-11-2011 , 08:33 PM


It was meh

  #30  
Old   
slYnki's Avatar
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB
 
Posts: 7,491
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Try and catch me
03-12-2011 , 02:51 AM


I thought it was really good, myself. Digging the tank stack with your second controller. Did you get that idea from me? =)

Good stuff, Magic.


http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

  #31  
Old   
AlexJ16's Avatar
AlexJ16 Offline
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Burlingame, Ca
03-12-2011 , 04:10 AM


Good video 5/5

Really monitors, you need to stop the people that are posting mean comments, not defending people, GREAT JOB!

Last edited by AlexJ16; 03-12-2011 at 01:55 PM. . Reason: We've been there, stop bashing on Josh.

  #32  
Old   
AllShallPerish's Avatar
AllShallPerish Offline
 
Posts: 1,644
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I've walked down the road just to find that I'm alone.
Send a message via ICQ to AllShallPerishSend a message via AIM to AllShallPerish
03-12-2011 , 07:09 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ16 View Post
Good video 5/5

Really monitors, you need to stop the people that are posting mean comments, not defending people, GREAT JOB!
You come here and restart an argument that already has been settled? Don't worry, it's been taken care of (if you look below Josh's username, you'll find a little hint what happened). You don't need to tell us what to do. If you want to discuss this any further, please rather send me or Resix a PM than replying here.

Now back on topic please.

ASP

  #33  
Old   
demolisher7's Avatar
demolisher7 Offline
bleepity bloop blop
 
Posts: 3,072
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I lost my calendar
03-12-2011 , 09:31 PM


I found the jumps to be pretty good, but

I DONT NEED TO SEE THE JUMP TWICE GOD DAMNIT

seriously, every jump in every video is showed at least twice. i can understand and appreciate the jump in its first iteration. showing it again with a different angle is unnecessary unless it provides the viewer with a new experience, not just the same froodlenutzkieing experience they underwent 8 seconds ago. it's the worst kind of filler, and having to see every froodlenutzkieing jump from every froodlenutzkieing angle just gets froodlenutzkieing agitating.

/ 3.141592653589793238463643383279502 884197169399375105

  #34  
Old   
TwiSTeDMetal's Avatar
TwiSTeDMetal Offline
 
Posts: 101
Join Date: Sep 2009
03-12-2011 , 10:11 PM


yeah the video was good. 5/5. Nice editing.

  #35  
Old   
Hybrid's Avatar
Hybrid Offline
 
Posts: 199
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Blazin my bud
03-14-2011 , 11:13 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ16 View Post
Good video 5/5

Really monitors, you need to stop the people that are posting mean comments, not defending people, GREAT JOB!
It doesn't make sense to delete the brutally honest opinions, just because they are mean doesn't mean they should be deleted.
That's like saying, ohh we have a forum here where we can all post opinions on video but you can't say anything that is bad with the video.
like what is the froodlenutzkieing point? And by the way, who the froodlenutzkie are you to come NEW and say what needs to be done. Your nobody, please shut up.

OT: Resix your gay for deleting my comment, this video sucked. Next time try to find better jumps, don't rush the video and I think you should make your videos longer. -2/5

  #36  
Old   
oOMaccyOo's Avatar
oOMaccyOo Offline
 
Posts: 213
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: doing an overjump
Send a message via AIM to oOMaccyOoSend a message via Skype™ to oOMaccyOo
03-14-2011 , 01:26 PM


You know you've made it when your pacman map is the opener :P I liked the editing and i found some of the jumps okay

  #37  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-14-2011 , 01:32 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
It doesn't make sense to delete the brutally honest opinions, just because they are mean doesn't mean they should be deleted.
That's like saying, ohh we have a forum here where we can all post opinions on video but you can't say anything that is bad with the video.
like what is the froodlenutzkieing point? And by the way, who the froodlenutzkie are you to come NEW and say what needs to be done. Your nobody, please shut up.

OT: Resix your gay for deleting my comment, this video sucked. Next time try to find better jumps, don't rush the video and I think you should make your videos longer. -2/5
How does your comment contribute to anything? I wouldnt have even called that a comment because it will obviously only lead to flaming. The monitors are doing their job by preventing any arguments or random tangents inside threads. If you read the thread, he even said this isn't the best video out their but you insist on calling him a terrible jumper because you probably have something against him. Also, saying a video sucks and not pointing out a lot of flaws is a horrible cliche, and rating it -2/5 is not helpful.

Please just stop having the mindset that the monitors are ruining thr community because you're just clueless to see that they're doing their jobs. You do understand that they are doing us a favor and not personally attacking someone because of biased.

  #38  
Old   
WtK Yo's Avatar
WtK Yo Offline
 
Posts: 120
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BtB
03-14-2011 , 02:15 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
How does your comment contribute to anything? I wouldnt have even called that a comment because it will obviously only lead to flaming. The monitors are doing their job by preventing any arguments or random tangents inside threads. If you read the thread, he even said this isn't the best video out their but you insist on calling him a terrible jumper because you probably have something against him. Also, saying a video sucks and not pointing out a lot of flaws is a horrible cliche, and rating it -2/5 is not helpful.

Please just stop having the mindset that the monitors are ruining thr community because you're just clueless to see that they're doing their jobs. You do understand that they are doing us a favor and not personally attacking someone because of biased.
i wish ninja would shut up, this video sucks and everyone knows it. the song has already been used. the jumps were either overpowered or old, and the filming was poorly done. it really seems like no effort was put into this video at all.

  #39  
Old   
IILilNinjiII's Avatar
IILilNinjiII Offline
 
Posts: 573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Story of my life :)...
03-14-2011 , 02:35 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by WtK Yo View Post
i wish ninja would shut up, this video sucks and everyone knows it. the song has already been used. the jumps were either overpowered or old, and the filming was poorly done. it really seems like no effort was put into this video at all.
You act like he has something to improve on. This is a final video of one of our fellow members on HIH and your telling him that a video that wasn't meant to be top notch is terrible. Why be rude to someone if theyre leaving. If you did give criticism, it could atleast somewhat benefit him. You could say what he could have done rather then say what you thought personally without helping him as an editor. Just because someone is not up to par to what you think is amazing doesn't warrant you to start meanless arguments.

Why should I stop talking I didn't personally flame anyone, I merely contributed to the community by telling my 2 cents. You personally attacked me and resorted back to what I kindly asked people not to do.

Carter I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying that you need to take into consideration the other factors that are part of this video and not just the video itself.

  #40  
Old   
WtK Yo's Avatar
WtK Yo Offline
 
Posts: 120
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BtB
03-14-2011 , 04:02 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by IILilNinjiII View Post
You act like he has something to improve on. This is a final video of one of our fellow members on HIH and your telling him that a video that wasn't meant to be top notch is terrible. Why be rude to someone if theyre leaving. If you did give criticism, it could atleast somewhat benefit him. You could say what he could have done rather then say what you thought personally without helping him as an editor. Just because someone is not up to par to what you think is amazing doesn't warrant you to start meanless arguments.

Why should I stop talking I didn't personally flame anyone, I merely contributed to the community by telling my 2 cents. You personally attacked me and resorted back to what I kindly asked people not to do.

Carter I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying that you need to take into consideration the other factors that are part of this video and not just the video itself.
im not going to sugarcoat my post, if the video is bad im going to tell him that. if it is his last video, which i doubt it is. he will probably come back everyone does, then he should of taken more time and made it watchable

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Skin modified for HIH by Ducain


HIH : Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 forum, fansite, tricks, glitches, and videos - Privacy Statement - Top
no new posts