Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite High Impact Halo Special Features Special Features Section HIH Lottery Winners
HIH Lottery Winners Read about the poor souls who've won the HIH Lottery.
Notices

Old   
HelloSayGoodbye Offline
When our powers combine!

Send a message via AIM to HelloSayGoodbyeSend a message via Skype™ to HelloSayGoodbye
HIH lottery winner 10/13/09: Heroic Robb - 10-25-2009 , 12:36 AM

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

Hi, my name is Robbie, you can call me Heroic Robb. I am actually amazed that I won. Anyways, I am currently going to college for core classes, learning something new every day. I also go to work. Life is a challenge, but I make it through. In my spare time, I do play Halo 1, speedrunning through levels, I plan to send in that Two Betrayals run on Heroic Mode finally. I also was in progress of doing the Legendary run of the same level, but sadly it is on hiatus due to the infamous RRoD.

2. How did you find High Impact Halo, and when?

I found it over 2 years ago. I was looking around YouTube for Halo videos and I stumbled upon speedruns. The first video I saw was Cody's Legendary Maw run. I was amazed what kinds of tricks these guys use to get through levels.

3. What is it that you like about Halo tricks, and what kind of tricks are your favorite to do or see?

My favorite kinds of tricks are those that usually involve piling grenades to get the highest launch, and I also like to watch people trying to break through the levels, like with the door trick in the Maw. I try to attempt these tricks, some work and some I just can't ever get, like the Assault on the Control room canyon drop.

4. Have you discovered any Halo tricks or glitches yourself?

I actually did modify crossing over the chasm in The Great Journey with a Ghost, and hence that's why I broke the records and still hold them. Of course, I also tried to work out getting in the flying Pelican on the AotCR bridge in the beginning, as well as the Trip Mine jump with the Gravity Hammer for speedrunning. I also got the Gold swordsman on AotCR to drive a Ghost and then get him without his sword or ghost. I found that room in Two Betrayals, it was dark, and I even played on Legendary for any mysterious finds, but there was nothing interesting except the dark hallway. I also got to squeeze the Ghost through the crack of the door by driving through it, and maneuvering it. That is my greatest find and it's included in the Heroic TB run.

5. What is your favorite game from the halo Series?

Of the 3 that I have (1,2,and 3), 1 is my favorite. It's the precedent to getting into the Halo series and how I got hooked on the storyline. Halo 2 was good as well despite my lack of Xbox live. Swordflying was fun and all, as well as the skulls and playing around with Black Eye, Sputnik, Grunt Birthday Party and others. Halo 3 didn't get to my interest for whatever reason, probably because I haven't really played it that long despite some of the funny things grunts say. The gameplay was overall more confined and restrictive.

6. What other hobbies do you have?

I like to play the lottery, write about my thoughts, post blogs, surf the net and learn something interesting, play board games with my family, take my cat out for walks. I actually did win $100 before.

7. Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons?

I believe they did, but then again, if I ponder on it for too long, it opens up an argument for evolution and creationism. I'm in philosophy as a course for school so that's why I came up with that consideration.

8. If olive oil comes from smashed olives, how do they make baby oil?

Um, I guess baby slobber, considering that's liquidy!

9. (From last week's winner) If you were stuck in an elevator with three other HIH members, who would they be and why? -Orange Soda King

I'd be with Cody Miller, slYnki, and scurty, because we're all legendary speedrunners and we'd get ourselves out of the elevator in no time!

10. If you could ask the next lottery winner one question, what would it be?

In one phrase, how would you describe the world?

Old   
LotsofLuck Offline
Take No Prisoners

Send a message via AIM to LotsofLuckSend a message via Skype™ to LotsofLuck
10-25-2009 , 05:28 AM

Awesome dude, way to join the party! :D

Old   
Orange Soda King Offline
Mongolian Contortionist

10-25-2009 , 04:16 PM

7. Yes they did.