Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
xlax007 Offline

01-26-2011 , 03:11 AM

that second video is ridiculous. Just half a meter higher and you got it 0_0

Old   
3rd Person Offline

01-26-2011 , 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
I can't tell just what happened in that one...
Like Uberfoop said, fall damage. But what made it unusual was that his body dissapeared immediately after dying. This was caused by overloading.

I saw that last attempt live I couldnt believe it. He told me this also was his first halo 1 trick Lonestar helped him on the setup..

Old   
Fixious Offline

Send a message via AIM to FixiousSend a message via MSN to FixiousSend a message via Yahoo to Fixious
01-26-2011 , 07:26 AM

Why did he put the hog on that side of the tower?

Old   
Measels Offline

01-26-2011 , 07:58 AM

Dang that was close. Keep on launching!

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

01-26-2011 , 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
I have seen closer...

Indeed. Hadn't seen that.

Ducain - HIH Admin - Ducain@gmail.com

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

01-26-2011 , 12:59 PM

Crazy stuff, Monopoly. Keep at it!

EDIT: Also, you're using all frags in that set up, right?

http://comicflop.blogspot.com/

My comedy blog. Under construction.

Old   
scurty Offline

01-26-2011 , 01:57 PM

Excellent attempts, Monopoly. I'm thinking the best way to complete this is to absolutely MASH the X button to enter the warthog. If you hit the warthog, you will die because you will have so much downward speed. Your best bet is to try to enter the hog while you hit it for the 1/30th of a second before going downwards.

Have you thought about balancing the hog on top of the tower like slYnki does? That way if your launch is a little too high you can still deflect off of it.

Also, it looks like Player 1 is way too close to the checkpoint zone. I would delay the checkpoint by jumping with player 1 so you get the checkpoint further away from the zone. You don't want to get a checkpoint mid-launch like Madrox did.

Keep it up!

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
Red face 01-26-2011 , 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty View Post
Excellent attempts, Monopoly. I'm thinking the best way to complete this is to absolutely MASH the X button to enter the warthog. If you hit the warthog, you will die because you will have so much downward speed. Your best bet is to try to enter the hog while you hit it for the 1/30th of a second before going downwards.

Have you thought about balancing the hog on top of the tower like slYnki does? That way if your launch is a little too high you can still deflect off of it.

Also, it looks like Player 1 is way too close to the checkpoint zone. I would delay the checkpoint by jumping with player 1 so you get the checkpoint further away from the zone. You don't want to get a checkpoint mid-launch like Madrox did.

Keep it up!
I'm pretty sure Madrox got a checkpoint from one of the mudslide area dropships. I don't think monopoly has to worry about that.

Good luck boofass, you're going to get soon!

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
01-26-2011 , 05:42 PM

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Wow. WOW. Ok I think we all know it's possible now.

Seriously Monopoly, props to you. First H1 trick? You're amazing. I think all these H1 trickers want to have your babies now. Lol.

The launch method is ingenious, it's about time someone figured out a more horizontal launch. Just don't turn the xbox off and keep trying man! YOU CAN DO THIS.

Thoughts: If the Hog had been draped off of the front side of the tower in the closest launch you could have entered it before fall damage killed you. Or, if your first "close" launch was a tiny bit lower and hog had been nose balancing you would have lived. I think the best thing you can do is move the hog forward so you can enter it on impact.

But damn, so close. Can hardly stand the excitement.

-Mator

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

01-26-2011 , 05:58 PM

You planning on streaming again soon, Monopoly? I say you keep your xbox on for as long as possible. With that set up it has to be just a matter of time. It's too good to lose.

Old   
laser Offline

01-26-2011 , 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Person View Post
But what made it unusual was that his body dissapeared immediately after dying. This was caused by overloading.
That clears it up.

Thanks!

Old   
Accidentus Offline

01-27-2011 , 06:00 PM

Wow that was suuuuuuch a close attempt. If you had nose balanced the hog I think you might have hit the top. Wow. Are you still trying it?

Old   
MrMonopoly Offline

01-28-2011 , 09:04 AM

Turned off my xbox last night. :/

I may try again later, but i'm not sure.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

01-28-2011 , 12:31 PM

Well that was one hell of a try, boofass. The best I've ever seen. Very well done. You should put a video together of your set up and your best attempts, I'd like to see what you did so I can take a crack at this again.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
01-28-2011 , 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonopoly View Post
Turned off my xbox last night. :/

I may try again later, but i'm not sure.
...I was about to turn my xbox off too...

I guess I should leave mine on just in case now. Why did you turn it off? You had a really nice setup.

Old   
LDG Offline

01-28-2011 , 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr View Post

I guess I should leave mine on just in case now. Why did you turn it off? You had a really nice setup.
he probably turned it off to avoid a super large electric bill

Old   
laser Offline

01-29-2011 , 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slYnki View Post
I'd like to see what you did so I can take a crack at this again.
Please do. I'd love to see a three-way battle!

Old   
Muzza Offline

01-29-2011 , 01:40 AM

Quote:

I remember him saying something about going somewhere on Friday so he was going to have to turn it off.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

01-29-2011 , 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slYnki View Post
Well that was one hell of a try, boofass. The best I've ever seen. Very well done. You should put a video together of your set up and your best attempts, I'd like to see what you did so I can take a crack at this again.
schlapskie I missed this post. He basically did the same thing I did for my last couple of setups. The main thing is to have 4 plasmas in the piles for your nade drop offs, and use one to trigger the pile. Each launch up the tower will only take 5 plasma nades, so lets say you want to drop off 24 frag grenades before the final pogo up, it would take you only 30 plasmas to get all of them up. Also, Boofass only had 23 frags in his final pile, I wouldn't bother going for anymore than 28 frags.

EDIT: My xbox is still on, but I won't be able to do anything until next weekend. I might be able to move my hog and get one more checkpoint. That would probably make my setup about as good as the one boofass had.

Old   
Muzza Offline

01-29-2011 , 06:52 PM

Quote:
Boofass only had 23 frags in his final pile.
I thought he had 24 or did he get rid of one?