Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Technical Support
Technical Support All threads related to console/computer issues, movie making hardware/software, etc. can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Nugwin Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nugwin
Audio Question - 12-12-2006 , 08:30 PM

I have headphones, a Mono tv and an xbox. How do I make it so that I can use my headphones with stereo when playing xbox. The TV does have a headphone port, but the sound only plays through one side.

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...

12-12-2006 , 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugwin
I have headphones, a Mono tv and an xbox. How do I make it so that I can use my headphones with stereo when playing xbox. The TV does have a headphone port, but the sound only plays through one side.
If your TV has RCA outputs, you could probably use something like this.

Old   
hæroicraptor Offline
slYkni is my lover

Send a message via AIM to hæroicraptor
12-13-2006 , 12:26 AM

I think he wants it the other way around.

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...

12-13-2006 , 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hæroicraptor
I think he wants it the other way around.
Well, the way I read it, he wants to be able to use his headphones and still get stereo sound. My friend has a TV like this (if I'm thinking right), and it has a headphone jack, but if you plug it in, it only outputs mono audio.

However, if he wants to do the opposite, he'll want something like this.

Old   
Brain Virus Offline
Tech Guru

Send a message via MSN to Brain Virus
12-13-2006 , 02:38 AM

No offense but i think you might be wrong. For him to use the first one he would need to first have L/R input on his TV. With the MONO TV he has he will only have L input. Therefore no matter what, if he routes audio through the tv he will have MONO sound.

Also the second one is more used in Camcorders and Portable Dvd players so they can play on a TV (Video Device Output-----> 3.5mm ----> RCA -----> TV Input.

What he needs is this (part 1) and this (part 2). (or one piece that combines the two, I couldn't find the exact module)
You can get them at most any electronics store (i.e. Radio Shack)

The setup would be this. Xbox Video connection would go to tv input. Xbox L/R Audio connection would plug into Part 1 and then you plug Part 1 into Part 2. Then you would plug the Headphones into Part 2.

Depending on how long you headphone cord is... you might want to get this to go in between Part 2 and your headphones

Last edited by Brain Virus; 12-13-2006 at 02:51 AM. .

Old   
Nugwin Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nugwin
01-28-2007 , 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Virus
No offense but i think you might be wrong. For him to use the first one he would need to first have L/R input on his TV. With the MONO TV he has he will only have L input. Therefore no matter what, if he routes audio through the tv he will have MONO sound.

Also the second one is more used in Camcorders and Portable Dvd players so they can play on a TV (Video Device Output-----> 3.5mm ----> RCA -----> TV Input.

What he needs is this (part 1) and this (part 2). (or one piece that combines the two, I couldn't find the exact module)
You can get them at most any electronics store (i.e. Radio Shack)

The setup would be this. Xbox Video connection would go to tv input. Xbox L/R Audio connection would plug into Part 1 and then you plug Part 1 into Part 2. Then you would plug the Headphones into Part 2.

Depending on how long you headphone cord is... you might want to get this to go in between Part 2 and your headphones

Question about the setup: How would I adjust the volume?