Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Technical Support
Technical Support All threads related to console/computer issues, movie making hardware/software, etc. can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
brand0n23 Offline

Send a message via AIM to brand0n23
Computer Help - 01-30-2007 , 01:22 AM

I cnnected my Xbox 360 to my computer. It has Composite Input and I am wondering if anyone can help me try and make it so that my computer screen will show my 360 Dashboard.

I use a Windows HP Media Center PC.

Old   
Omg A Fish Offline
Can't Think Of Anything

Send a message via AIM to Omg A FishSend a message via MSN to Omg A FishSend a message via Skype™ to Omg A Fish
01-30-2007 , 02:27 AM

This belongs in technical discussion, I am sure you will get your answer there.

Old   
brand0n23 Offline

01-30-2007 , 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omg A Fish
This belongs in technical discussion, I am sure you will get your answer there.
Yep, I sure am getting an answer.

Old   
Merth Offline

01-30-2007 , 09:58 PM

Don't be a wiseass.

You posted it in the wrong forum and he gave you the appropriate response. Show some respect for the guy.

Old   
Behemoth Offline

01-31-2007 , 12:32 AM

I had the same problem. From the sounds of it, you use the same type of computer I had.

My first idea I used on my computer was using a component -> coaxial adapter, and plugging it into the cable input in the back, which worked, but had a lot of video lag due to the DVR capabilities of Media Centre.

Anyways, after figuring out what caused the video lag, I looked for something that didn't cause the video lag. I found DScaler, which worked pretty well, and even worked with the component inputs. I recommend using it (though you won't get a very high resolution, it still works).

Unfortunately, it also froze up lots, and I had to refresh it quite often, to the point where I just stopped using it.

Hope that sets you on the right path at least, and good luck.

Old   
brand0n23 Offline

01-31-2007 , 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla Radio

Don't be a wiseass.

You posted it in the wrong forum and he gave you the appropriate response. Show some respect for the guy.
I posted it there for a reason, you get more views and responses in that thread.

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...

01-31-2007 , 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand0n23
I posted it there for a reason, you get more views and responses in that thread.
There's also a Technical Support forum for a reason. It's not just here to look pretty. If you don't want to use it, fine, but don't go posting technical support problems in other forums. You may get more views, but you'll probably get less "real" replies (more of people telling you you've posted in the wrong forum, and less of people actually answering).

Also, like Guerrilla said, don't be a wiseass. If you want to abuse the forums by posting in the wrong forum, then blatantly questioning the actions of the staff person who moved it here, by all means, go ahead, but don't expect to not have some repercussions.

_______

Now, onto your question. ;)

Why not just use an Xbox VGA cable combined with a KVM Switch to switch between the two sources? (Here are some results from Froogle on KVM switches.)