Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
John Spartan-117 Offline

Location: Cryogenic stasis, in geosynchronous orbit above an unknown Forerunner planet.
Send a message via Yahoo to John Spartan-117
Someone at Bungie a fan of Akira? - 07-26-2006 , 05:04 PM

I know you guys don't condone modding or sifting through script looking for things. But this isn't an egg, glitch or anything like that, so I don't see a problem sharing it with you because you can only find it via looking at the script. BTW I couldnt even find your modding forum (dont think you have one anymore).

Anyone here seen Akira the japanesse anime made back in 1988? The opening scene supposedly shows Akira's death and the destruction of the old Toyko. It happens at the end of the movie too where Akira takes Tetsuo with him, enveloping neo-Tokyo in a ball of blue-white light.
Well one of the Bungie programmers must be an Akira fan, he named the slip-space shockwave that ripples over Metro at the end after Akira, Tetsuo and Kaneda.

EDIT BY DUKE: Please don't post the game code.

Nothing to special, but it made me laugh when I was reviewing the script. Something silly I thought I'd share with you all.

Last edited by Ducain; 07-26-2006 at 09:44 PM. .

Old   
hockeykid101 Offline

07-26-2006 , 05:32 PM

like I said at HC nice find man that is prety funny they take ideas from everything

Old   
whitesmoke Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to whitesmoke
07-26-2006 , 05:43 PM

nice one man.

-WHITESMOKE

Old   
Dojorkan Offline

07-26-2006 , 06:11 PM

Well ONI is a Bungie game and it uses the anime style. Also in the LE DVD one of the guys is talking and you can see a FFX Rikku action figure in the background. alot of bungie likes anime.

Old   
John Spartan-117 Offline

Location: Cryogenic stasis, in geosynchronous orbit above an unknown Forerunner planet.
Send a message via Yahoo to John Spartan-117
07-27-2006 , 12:12 AM

No I just noticed it as I scrolled down the page of script. I was talking to and working with GLK1012 on something else when the words kinda popped out of the page at me.
If you must know SoL gave us the script for every level. This isn't an egg, as it wasn't left behind for people to find, SoL had to mod to get the scripts, but theres alot to review. You'd have to mod, or read the code to notice it. I just thought it was cool someone at Bungie is an Akira fan too!

My apologies to Duncain for posting code. Thanks for letting the topic stay open.

Last edited by John Spartan-117; 07-27-2006 at 12:18 AM. .

Old   
halomanjohnsen Offline
Banned

07-28-2006 , 04:03 AM

Lol i just relized something: ONI, the game, and ONI, the Office of Navel Intelagence(my spelling should show you have much of it I have :p ).

P.S nice find.