Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Agent ME Offline

Send a message via AIM to Agent MESend a message via MSN to Agent ME
Exclamation Secret Warthog(s) on Cairo Station Possibly - 08-16-2006 , 06:10 PM

I've been looking into the scripts and other things on Cairo station and it would appear there is at least 1 warthog on the map.

In the scripts there is something called the "dck_hog" which I've verified is a vehicle, but I haven't exactly verified its a warthog as the main tool I've been using to look into this hates Cairo Station. So for all I know it could be a banshee, or a turret, but judging by the name and the available vehicles on the level, I'm pretty sure it is a warthog.

Well anyway the dck_hog and an object called the dck_hog_rail (haven't looked into this thing yet) are created by the script, and the dck_hog is attached to the dck_hog_rail's rail, and seems to be set to drive across it.

Then 200 seconds after these objects are created, they disappear.

And these objects are created shortly after you FIRST go outside into space, once the player (or both if co-op) goes into the "tv_dck_arm1_back" zone. I'm not exactly sure where this area is, but it appears you have to go through this area for the script to progress normally, so I'd recommend anyone searching to continue up to the next doorway as you usually would when playing the level to hopefully get it to spawn.

=================================== ==========================

EDIT: CONCLUSION
The dck_hog IS a warthog, and spawns in the second umbilical cord.

It spawns as you exit the first cord into space, and stays there for 200 seconds before disappearing.

The hog was apperently originally supposed to be made to appear to be driving into the IAC, but due to a problem of some sort I haven't found (not that I've really tried to look lately) it simply stays as the spawn spot as in this next picture.

The hog is actually INSIDE the solid building and would be difficult to get to.

Also noted, is that
A) The hog is only visible when using the Yelo trainer's Cinematic Models and LODs options for unknown reasons.
B) Because the hog is attached to a rail, it is impossible to move or drive it.

And as far as I can tell, this is the only hog on the map, so chances of there being another secret hog are 0.

Maybe next time in Halo3 we'll get a secret functional hog on a space station in the vacuum of space itself in low gravity... :(

Last edited by Agent ME; 09-05-2006 at 07:37 PM. .

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
08-16-2006 , 06:16 PM

Could it by any chance be the big Cruiser? I'm a really big noob to modding, nevermind Halo 2 modding, so sorry if that was the dumbest question asked in history.

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
DollarPwnCenter Offline

08-16-2006 , 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster
Could it by any chance be the big Cruiser? I'm a really big noob to modding, nevermind Halo 2 modding, so sorry if that was the dumbest question asked in history.
thats really not a dumb question. Would make since

Old   
{SBF}Leader Offline

08-16-2006 , 06:20 PM

Yeah.. Actually.. You do have a point.. they could give it a warthog tag so it could fly in a certain pattern or way.. or just because they didnt feel like making an entirely new vehicle that might be able to be piloted through modding.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
08-16-2006 , 06:20 PM

Naw, there's a hog in Cairo, but I dont think it ever spawns.

Old   
echeesekid Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to echeesekidSend a message via AIM to echeesekidSend a message via Yahoo to echeesekid
08-16-2006 , 06:22 PM

except the cruiser doesnt fly by for 200 seconds and it doesnt spawn the First time you go outside....
HUMPF

Old   
QuAck3r w0N Offline

Send a message via AIM to QuAck3r w0N
08-16-2006 , 06:46 PM

I doubt it spawns. It may just be in the script as a vehicle, like a Banshee, that would have flown by, but may have been taken out at the last minute. Of course, I know, literally, almost nothing about modding and script reading, so I could be completely wrong. I'll be the first to say I'd love to see a warthog on Cairo Station, but I've also learned not to get my hopes up, especially not something that would be this big...

Unless it's the Golden Warthog; the most heavily guarded egg in the game...

//Over and Intrigued

Old   
FBIsniper Offline

Send a message via AIM to FBIsniper
08-16-2006 , 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuAck3r w0N

Unless it's the Golden Warthog; the most heavily guarded egg in the game...

//Over and Intrigued
lol x1000000000

Old   
Taso Offline
Interview Staff

Send a message via AIM to TasoSend a message via MSN to Taso
08-16-2006 , 07:34 PM

This is intriguing. So what you're saying is that for the script to progress normally, a warthog(possibly) spawns and does... something for two hundred seconds?

What if it's the turret that the elite uses against you right when you go outside? Wait, no that's the second outside part.

Hmm... Well, I'm stumped...

good morrow :rampancy:

Couldn't you use fly/speed mods to go everywhere upon going outside to find it? Or just a camera mod for that matter?

Old   
Raigns Offline

Location: XBL GT: Raigns | GamerScore - 16001 | Currently Playing: Halo: REACH 2 Modern Ops Hero
Send a message via MSN to Raigns
08-16-2006 , 07:56 PM

If it's on some sort of track, than it sounds like the trolly that Miranda is on. Maybe you can see if moving if you're fast enough.

Old   
Halohailer Offline

08-16-2006 , 08:02 PM

On the Cairo Mac Gun there is a type of, umm... what's the pumper thing on a shotgun called?
It's on a track.

Just a suggestion.

Old   
Nsane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nsane
08-16-2006 , 08:12 PM

after the first outdoors are on Cairo, like space outdoors, you enter a room with the buggers/ flying green things.

The massive lift that goes up and down inside this room couple possibly be what that script stands for.

dck could mean dock, which, given the use of the machine, we could call it a dock.
It travels on a rail system up and down the slanted room giving us the extra dck_hog_rail script. I doubt it disappears after 200 seconds unless it waits that long to disapear after you leave that room/area and go outside for the second time.

A question I would ask is, do we know of, or can we think of a way to get backinto previously played, locked, areas of a map. (If you go through a door and it closes behind you then locks, can you get back into the room you just exited?)

If we could get back into that elevator room, maybe we could seem if the thing disapears after 200 seconds, or maybe it's not that important... w/e. Good luck.

Old   
Agent ME Offline

08-16-2006 , 08:16 PM

About if its really a vehicle or not - The script object is classified as a vehicle, and the Covenant cruiser is a scenery object. The vehicles on the map it could be are a banshee, warthog, or several types of turrets. Or nothing.

I'm still trying to find a way around some bugs in the tools and figure out if the script object is or isn't nulled.

Old   
KORHAL Offline
Not Alive.

Send a message via AIM to KORHALSend a message via MSN to KORHALSend a message via Skype™ to KORHAL
08-16-2006 , 08:16 PM

Well, there ARE 'hogs in Cairo Station. We've put them there using modding before. I have 2 Action Replay saves with it, both in different areas. So if we can find the location of them, we can always do our best in CO-OP to get to them in time.

KORHAL

Old   
Dark_Archon57 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Archon57
08-16-2006 , 08:32 PM

Could be the bomb, maybe?

Old   
Agent ME Offline

08-16-2006 , 08:46 PM

Bomb isn't a vehicle.

Ok, I've found that it definitely is enabled and dck_hog is set to be a warthog and dck_hog_rail is a scenarios\objects\special\linear_ra il\linear_rail.mach. I'll try spawning one out of a gun so I know what the rail looks like, how big it is, etc.

I'll mess with the coordinates in a few minutes of its spawn point to try to make it spawn somewhere so I know where to look for it to see if this is really enabled.

EDIT: If anyone wants to look at this too themselves and has the right tools, in the scenarios tag, dck_hog is script object #362 and dck_hog_rail is script object #414.

Old   
DarkEagle Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkEagle
08-16-2006 , 08:58 PM

man this seems interesting

Old   
FollowTheReaper Offline

08-16-2006 , 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent ME
Bomb isn't a vehicle.

Ok, I've found that it definitely is enabled and dck_hog is set to be a warthog and dck_hog_rail is a scenarios\objects\special\linear_ra il\linear_rail.mach. I'll try spawning one out of a gun so I know what the rail looks like, how big it is, etc.

I'll mess with the coordinates in a few minutes of its spawn point to try to make it spawn somewhere so I know where to look for it to see if this is really enabled.

EDIT: If anyone wants to look at this too themselves and has the right tools, in the scenarios tag, dck_hog is script object #362 and dck_hog_rail is script object #414.
Spawn the hog out of a gun too just to be sure, maybe its something special like people have suggested a golden hog (though i doubt it).

Old   
Agent ME Offline

08-16-2006 , 09:08 PM

It appears the linear_rail machine is invisible and has one model marker on it called... 'rail', which is what the warthog is attached to in the script.

Okay, I'm going to try now to move the spawn points to that of an object I know so I can see this warthog in action.

EDIT: The hog is normal as far as I know, as there's been several AR saves made by Dojorkan if I remember right with the hog and its as normal as it gets. And there's no permutations set on the hog as far as I know, so it'll be a normal hog.

Old   
Duelies Offline
HIH Archive Team/Monitor

08-16-2006 , 09:27 PM

Well I think I found the warthog spawn. I used the BSP veiwer on entity and made it show all the vehicle spawns and it showed a warthog. It was somewheres right in front of the area where you first go into outerspace. I dont know if its the same spawn but it must it probably was. I checked around where it was supposed to spawn using the camara hack but saw nothing.