Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Duelies Offline
HIH Archive Team/Monitor

08-28-2006 , 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeManJim
Truly an amazing video.:) Nice launches/jumps/corner rides to everyone involved. And some great editing too.

I only have one question: Why is it that Duelies/Enanito were able to fall so far in a ghost/warthog and remain intact? Enanito fell at least 10x more than the necessary amount to die from the fall timer. Is it a glitch? If so, please explain.:)
There are a few ways to beat the fall timer.

One is corner sliding

Quote:
Q: What is "corner riding"?
A: Corner riding is a glitch that you can use to fall down to locations that are way beyond the reach of normally jumping off an area and dying. To perform the corner ride, you need a building/structure/landmark with a definite corner. A very good example of this is the buildings in the level Metropolis. Get close to the corner and slowly walk off. Then, strafe left to right all the way down the corner. When you make contact with the corner, you can see yourself slowing down, which allows you to evade the fall timer. For a video tutorial on the corner ride, watch this video
The other is the sword flying technique(which I used).

Quote:
Q: How do I “sword fly” out of a warthog?
A: First, get rid of your 1.1 update. Then, get in the side seat of a warthog with a sword and get very close to an enemy. You want your reticule to turn red. Slash at an enemy when the reticule is red, and then drive away. Get out of the warthog, and you will start sword flying in the direction of the enemy. Here is a link to a tutorial of sword flying, provided by Dark Helmet. (Thanks to Babe Magnet for the link)
But just swordfly into a vehicle and your immune to the fall timer while your in the vehicle.

Old   
spec-ops elite Offline

Send a message via MSN to spec-ops elite
08-29-2006 , 03:15 AM

hey guys, great job. will edit!

Old   
Stormwing Offline

08-29-2006 , 09:51 AM

Ridiculously awesome. Sat through all 45 minutes of it and loved all of it. Great work everyone, Dollar's launches were great, and POTS's launch to the scarab was quite a surprise. So much amazing stuff in there, well worth the hi-res download. :D

While I did feel KORHAL's part was rather long...I think I'm gonna fire up H1 to see what its like. :)

btw, I'm not sure, but that song list doesn't seem to cover everything..

Old   
S.O.G. Offline
Lone Sniper

Send a message via AIM to S.O.G.Send a message via MSN to S.O.G.
08-29-2006 , 12:03 PM

Y'all have no clue how fun driving off a cliff with a hog is...seriously, it's great fun. Good stuff, editing was pretty good, 8/10 though, because 45 minutes is rediculously long for a vid like that, and I wanted to see more than just the end results for the tricks. I wanted to see how the envy eliet got up to that column in the beginning, and stuff like that.

;)

Old   
New Bass Man. Offline
NewBassMeeph '08

Send a message via MSN to New Bass Man.
08-29-2006 , 12:45 PM

Uhh...

Uhhh...

Ok. Wow. Just. Wow. I think what I said to KORHAL during the first five minutes summed it up:

<NewBassMan> Je-sus.
<NewBassMan> I know you're not here.
<NewBassMan> But I'm five minutes through Trinity, and. Well..froodlenutzkie me. It's insane.
Normally I stay away from campaign because of lighting and quality issues, but, just...wow.

and it stayed that way for the entire time. It was worth ending up downloading it twice ¬_¬ (my net went down 300mb in, so I had to restart), and not one part would I have taken out. Not even KORHAL's part, which seems to have been lynched. I really enjoyed it, and it was nice to see some Halo 1 throwbacks too. The editing as well was superb. My favourite trick/launch? FooFoo's many, many grenaded launch on Metro/Outskirts/ whatever one it was...

Just...wow. You guys truly embody the spirit of Halo tricking, and I admire you guys so much.

Old   
hæroicraptor Offline
slYkni is my lover

Send a message via AIM to hæroicraptor
08-29-2006 , 02:49 PM

KORHAL's part was the most entertaining to me.

Old   
DudeManJim Offline

08-29-2006 , 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelies
There are a few ways to beat the fall timer.

One is corner sliding

The other is the sword flying technique(which I used).

But just swordfly into a vehicle and your immune to the fall timer while your in the vehicle.
Alright, now I understand. I already knew how to corner ride, but unfortunately I'm terrible at it. Thanks for your help.

Old   
I Was Drunk At 4 Offline
Dutch Masta Disasta

Send a message via Skype™ to I Was Drunk At 4
08-30-2006 , 02:04 PM

I so far watched the first part, and it is incredible. I will get to part two later, when I have the time. Great job guys.

Old   
jacko87 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to jacko87
08-31-2006 , 02:15 AM

this may be the holiest of all crap ive ever seen, i just started launching in campaign and this gave me so many ideas, my fav is the 5 stacks, and skeletor was the most totally sweet one, in my opinion of course. you guys shouldve put warthog 5 stacks in there

Old   
S.O.G. Offline
Lone Sniper

Send a message via AIM to S.O.G.Send a message via MSN to S.O.G.
08-31-2006 , 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko87
this may be the holiest of all crap ive ever seen, i just started launching in campaign and this gave me so many ideas, my fav is the 5 stacks, and skeletor was the most totally sweet one, in my opinion of course. you guys shouldve put warthog 5 stacks in there
Or co-op 10 stacks, now that's fun!

;)

Old   
EternalSlayer Offline

Send a message via AIM to EternalSlayerSend a message via MSN to EternalSlayer
09-01-2006 , 12:09 PM

Haha, I watched it...amazing, you have the nerve to do these things.

KORHALs a brave man, I say no more. :P

Old   
scurty Offline

09-01-2006 , 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.G.
Or co-op 10 stacks, now that's fun!

;)
I hope for distance and not height.. you'd hit the ceiling of every level.

Old   
uberfoop Offline

09-01-2006 , 02:19 PM

You know the way that grenades glitch on places like the DH bridge that folds down? I was thinking, if 2 people had beam rifles there, would it be possible to 14-stack?

Old   
hockeykid101 Offline

09-01-2006 , 03:40 PM

Probebly a ten stack but I don't know about a 14 I don't think there would be enough time to get in the ghost :p. But lets not high-jack this forum with a disscusion about nade stacking it would be a good disscusion in the Q&A or something.;)

Old   
Mr Sprout Offline
Working

09-02-2006 , 08:48 AM

I just got back from holiday and finally got a chance to watch this - three times.

I can say without a doubt that was the most impressive Halo tricking video I've ever watched. Every one of you that featured in that video are well deserving of your place in it, it was just so good! The editing was awesome, the launches spectacular and there was some really innovative stuff in there too.

I especially liked were Youbigmama's bounce off the covie dropship before landing right on top of one of the bridge supports - That was insane. Dollarpwncenter had so much great stuff in there he could have released a video on his own and have it hit frontpage within minutes of an admin watching it. POTS always manages to look so graceful and precise with his launches and his contribution made a great ending to the video.

This is just what I can remember from the 45 minutes of brilliance on this video. To sum my feelings for this video up, it's the kind of thing you watch and then think "Wow, I wish I could could do something like that."

-MrSprout

Tags
collaboration, epic