Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite HIH Website News and Announcements HIH Website News and Announcements
HIH Website News and Announcements Site specific information as well as important special announcements will be posted here.
Notices

Old   
Ducain Offline
Ahhhhh....yeeeaaahhhh

Halo 1 forever baby - aotcr - again - 09-30-2006 , 09:46 PM

This brought a smile to my face as I watched it. We have a strange little niche here, and I'm kinda glad. This video (like so many others recently) remind me why I love this game. It's fun, and there's seemingly no end to the cool and creative things you can do in-game.

In this video, 3rd Person revisits the bottom of the huge chasm/shaft at the very beginning of AotCR, he does it in single player, and his setup (and checkpoint delay strategy) is great to watch. Did I somehow miss that method for delaying checkpoints, or did I simply forget? Either way, this video is gonna be one of the classics. I added a mirror in the thread. Well done.

EDIT: I'm sure most of you knew this, but I just found out that 3rd Person is the same old WLT that's been here since before time began. That's also something I love to see. Cheers.

Last edited by Ducain; 10-01-2006 at 06:02 PM. .

Old   
MadRoX Offline

Send a message via AIM to MadRoXSend a message via MSN to MadRoXSend a message via Skype™ to MadRoX
09-30-2006 , 11:06 PM

Na duc, the delay is new, although hie didnt half to shoot when he was on foot. simply jumping would have gotten the job done. If ya ask me we now have a method for chekpoints at any time on AotCR. WLT (3d person) and a few of us are jsut getting started so expect great things soon.

Old   
princeofthesword Offline
Renaissance Man

10-01-2006 , 05:31 AM

Great things soon!? You guys have been going crazy lately as it is! I can't wait to see what you're all brewing up.

Farewell
0={====>

Old   
scurty Offline

10-01-2006 , 11:06 AM

Oh, just wait, pots, just wait :P

And about the video: I enjoyed it more than Mezmorize. Goes to show how awesome Halo 1 tricking is!

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

10-01-2006 , 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofthesword
I can't wait to see what you're all brewing up.
Actually, for your own healthy and safety, you may not want to.

*cough* four balanced wraiths *cough*

Old   
vshields ash Offline

old delay... - 10-02-2006 , 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRoX
Na duc, the delay is new, although hie didnt half to shoot when he was on foot. simply jumping would have gotten the job done. If ya ask me we now have a method for chekpoints at any time on AotCR. WLT (3d person) and a few of us are jsut getting started so expect great things soon.
the delay is not new... around 2 years ago, someone mentioned it. i tried to use it for banshee #3 dude. wherever you put his banshee, he spawns there. used to think about him flyin around at the beginning, but he flies into stuff, and doesn't really stay goin...like the banshee into metropolis.

but anyway, his technique is flawless, and i never saw the ghost drive around down there :)

with his froggy way of lookin at stuff, i'll bet he goes back into halo2 and finds somethin terrific :p

nice vid...good thinking, as well.

ash
rox...hows school?

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
10-02-2006 , 07:41 PM

Yar, that method is old, I use it occasionally in AOTCR, though I dont play it much. I've never seen it abused like that before. O___O