Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's multiplayer can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Project Zer0 Offline
v2

Send a message via AIM to Project Zer0Send a message via MSN to Project Zer0Send a message via Skype™ to Project Zer0
Hold X to Trick - Extreme Banshee Launching - 10-15-2006 , 12:50 PM

Extreme Banshee Launching by Hold X to Trick

A first in the HIH community has been achieved. We, Hold X To Trick, have found a remarkably effective method for launching banshees, keeping them intact. To our knowledge, you can use our method with either a spectre or a warthog. You can get astounding height with relatively few people. For example, with this technique, you can launch a banshee as high as the ceiling barrier on Headlong with only three launchers. If you use a warthog to launch off of, the banshee will go somewhat straight up and not too high, but if you use a spectre to launch off of, the banshee goes much higher and farther. You will find, as you are launching, that you can adjust the positioning of the grenades to different places, and you will get different results.
Indept tutorial can be found below.

Mythica High Res
Mythica Med Res
Mythica Low Res

Halo-Ring High Res
Halo-Ring Med Res
Halo-Ring Low Res

Thanks to all who helped, if i forgot you in the credits ill post your name down here.
GøingCømando324
diablo11561156
{NL} FooFoo
Baseball
~Hold X to Trick - HX2T~

Last edited by Project Zer0; 10-29-2006 at 01:39 AM. .

Old   
Project Zer0 Offline
v2

Send a message via AIM to Project Zer0Send a message via MSN to Project Zer0Send a message via Skype™ to Project Zer0
10-15-2006 , 12:50 PM

~Tutorial~

Here is a basic tutorial- Make a team game with plama pistols. Fill up a warthog or a spectre. Then place the vehicle of your choice against a flat wall. Place a banshee on top of the vehicle, so it doesn’t fall off, and drive the vehicle against the wall (if you don’t drive it against the wall, the banshee slowly pushes the vehicle away and it falls off of the vehicle.) Then have however many people you have left turn their handicaps to severe, and have them throw two frags under the vehicle by doing the double grenade trick (see the Q & A sticky if you don’t know how to do that.) Make sure that you move away from the vehicle before the grenades blow up, not only because you will definitely die, but also because when the launchers die the banshee seems to explode also. If done correctly you can have a TON of people throwing frags under the vehicle, but the banshee will stay alive.

A few notes on variable you can change- you can have host sitting in the driver’s seat of the vehicle but the banshee will not go as high (the host can be elsewhere in the vehicle and it will go just as high as it will if host is not in the vehicle at all). You can also have some one jump onto the banshee right before it is launched, and the person who jumped on will get launched amazingly fast (if done correctly), but the banshee won’t go nearly as high. The more people you have in the vehicle, the higher the banshee flies, and obviously the more launchers you have the higher the banshee flies (keep in mind that the banshee has a greater chance of exploding, every time you add a launcher.) To keep the banshee from blowing up when it hits the ground, you can make a boarding clone on it. Keep in mind that if your banshee lands upside down, the clone will fall off, so you will have to keep making clones over and over. (The best time to use the boarding clone is when you are trying to reach a certain place that is hard to get to.) Also keep in mind that the banshee has a better chance of exploding the farther it falls. For example, if you are launching to one of the headlong buildings, the banshee is less likely to explode than when you are just launching and letting it hit on the ground level (unless you are able to “catch” it by standing underneath it when it hits the ground. Make sure that you have someone near the area you are trying to launch the banshee to, so it doesn’t re-spawn before you get up to it.

A note on making a boarding clone in a team game- Make a clone in the seat you want to have a clone boarding on. (For the banshee, the ghost, the scorpion, and the wraith, simply get in the vehicle because they obviously have only one seat. The clone can board these vehicles in multiple positions, but it doesn’t matter which one you choose.) The clone is an enemy to everyone regardless of what team you are on. Then have the host board the clone, and have the party leader boot him from the party right after he boards it (party leader must not get new host, so he will most likely have to have a guest sign in, unless his host in incompatible with some else’s host in the party.) Then continue with the normal cloning process.

Old   
COOKIE X Offline
<3 HX2T <3

10-15-2006 , 12:51 PM

first :) Nice vid :)

Last edited by COOKIE X; 10-15-2006 at 01:04 PM. .

Old   
The Durbinknight Offline

Send a message via AIM to The DurbinknightSend a message via MSN to The DurbinknightSend a message via Skype™ to The Durbinknight

watching***
edit:
that was amazing cause you got great height on some. liked the ones on coagulation a lot. <3 hx2t

Last edited by The Durbinknight; 10-15-2006 at 01:07 PM. .

Old   
Hi5myselfNOfriends Offline
Banned

Good work, You displayed the trick well, but you didn't really get anywhere with it. And the font in the tutorial was a little hard to read. Still a cool trick, but I like using a hog better.
And you forgot to leave out that host doesn't have to be in vehicle.

Last edited by Hi5myselfNOfriends; 10-15-2006 at 12:58 PM. .

Old   
Jay Offline

Send a message via AIM to JaySend a message via Skype™ to Jay
10-15-2006 , 01:00 PM

Great Job guys. That is a very cool technique. I liked the launch from Blue Base to Red Base side on coag. ;)

Last edited by Jay; 10-15-2006 at 01:12 PM. .

Old   
Jägermeister Offline

Location: ----------------------------------------- Hold X to Trick .:P:ZG:.
Send a message via AIM to JägermeisterSend a message via MSN to Jägermeister
10-15-2006 , 01:04 PM

Yeah, this was a really great job. I am glad it came out so well and expect more from us soon.

Last edited by Jägermeister; 10-15-2006 at 02:26 PM. .

Old   
Inu Offline

Send a message via AIM to InuSend a message via MSN to InuSend a message via Yahoo to InuSend a message via Skype™ to Inu
10-15-2006 , 01:04 PM

great job...HX2T FTW!!!

Old   
TheReal Crunch Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheReal Crunch
10-15-2006 , 01:15 PM

pretty cool, 9/10

now try hopping in the shee, right when it goes flying!

NOW THAT WOULD BE TIGHT

Old   
Inu Offline

Send a message via AIM to InuSend a message via MSN to InuSend a message via Yahoo to InuSend a message via Skype™ to Inu
10-15-2006 , 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Crunch
pretty cool, 9/10

now try hopping in the shee, right when it goes flying!

NOW THAT WOULD BE TIGHT
We tried, it just cancels out the effect because the physics change. Good idea though ;)

Old   
Chaøs Offline
J + E = <3

Send a message via AIM to Chaøs
10-15-2006 , 01:17 PM

:D Great job guys :D

Old   
Alex Inman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alex InmanSend a message via MSN to Alex Inman
10-15-2006 , 01:18 PM

Nice job. I wasnt expecting to see it done like that. That was crazy.

Our method that we use is somewhat like that... sorta. We have a warthog drive against the wall, park banshee on top, then wraith launch. The wraith person has handicap on severe and right when the warthog goes up, shoots the hog and it doesnt kill the banshee, and it goes flying.

I gotta try this sometime.

Good job again!!

Old   
scurty Offline

10-15-2006 , 01:25 PM

One question, have you tried having somebody on top of the banshee and getting launched by the banshee by jumping and pressing X right before the banshee hits them?

Old   
whitesmoke Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to whitesmoke
10-15-2006 , 01:27 PM

Omg i found a way to launch banshees but thats amazing!!!! lol my way was to put banshee on tank flip tank..but u get it like j builidng high..urs were like omg!!!! nice vid loved the quality

Old   
Inu Offline

10-15-2006 , 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty
One question, have you tried having somebody on top of the banshee and getting launched by the banshee by jumping and pressing X right before the banshee hits them?
Yeah, it dosen't work. A un-piloted banshee has different physics than on epiloted, even if you time it exactley, the physics change and cause nothing to happen.

Old   
(CC!) Shad0wFlame Offline

Send a message via AIM to (CC!) Shad0wFlameSend a message via MSN to (CC!) Shad0wFlame
Talking Wooh!! - 10-15-2006 , 02:03 PM

Hooray! That really was...

Good job to everyone involved (including myself :D).
I can't wait to see this to accomplish so many other things.

-Shdw

Old   
Trigah Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trigah
10-15-2006 , 02:11 PM

yea i remember helping you with this.

Old   
Macedonia Mafia Offline

Send a message via AIM to Macedonia Mafia
10-15-2006 , 02:23 PM

Sweet!

How did you find this? Imagine if you could that much air with someone in it...

*drools...;)*

Old   
scurty Offline

10-15-2006 , 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GøingCømando324
Yeah, it dosen't work. A un-piloted banshee has different physics than on epiloted, even if you time it exactley, the physics change and cause nothing to happen.
Okay, thanks. It would be neat to get launched that high with a person though.

Old   
Inu Offline

10-15-2006 , 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurty
Okay, thanks. It would be neat to get launched that high with a person though.
Definatley :D, maybe...you never know ;)