Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Technical Support
Technical Support All threads related to console/computer issues, movie making hardware/software, etc. can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
King_Bender Offline

Send a message via AIM to King_BenderSend a message via MSN to King_Bender
ADS DVD Xpress DX2 Question - 01-15-2007 , 03:30 PM

Well, the official capture card thread is closed, and I guess this is sort of a capture card; (It's a capturing device, that's for sure)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...1&sku=A03-7104

I plan on getting that, which I assume goes a little like this:

You plug the audio and video cables from that, into a SCART socket on your PC, and connect the USB port from there into one of yours from your computer.

However, I am wondering if the cables needed are included with the package. I don't suppose that one of you has bought this, and can tell me? If not, where can I obtain them?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I heard PC specs are quite a big part of it (Not sure if it is for this kind of capturing), but here they are:

Intel Pentium 4 (2.94Ghz)
512 DDR RAM
and a HORRIBLE graphics card, But manage to play Halo PC alright (Some textures don't show up)

I don't have a job, and can't spend this sort of money without re-assurance.

Thanks again.

Last edited by King_Bender; 01-15-2007 at 04:34 PM. .

Old   
Daleks United Offline
Plug 'n' Pray

Send a message via MSN to Daleks UnitedSend a message via Skype™ to Daleks United
01-16-2007 , 05:50 PM

You plug the cables from the xbox into that and a single USB from there to the PC - the PC doesn't have a SCART on it. (Neither does that)

That's a hardware encoder, so PC specs aren't as important but USB2.0 anda good HDD are fiarly essential - I think it would be OK. (The specs are at the bottom of the page) You need to check that it can capture a signal from the EU though - buying from an american site is dodgy as they use a different video standard, although lots of devices can capture both.

To err is human, to screw things up completely requires a computer.
Forum Problems? Spam? Need help? Think I've been a harsh, evil, unfair git? PM me

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...

01-16-2007 , 06:32 PM

I have a similar card (I think it's the older version of that one), and it allows capture in both NTSC and PAL, but I don't see any mention of NTSC or PAL on that page, so one can't be completely positive.

Old   
King_Bender Offline

01-17-2007 , 03:08 PM

Oh, right.

I was under the impression that you still played on your TV. My bad.

Can any-one tell me what sort of options I'll get (How will I be-able to view the game I'm playing)

Thanks, I just guess I'm being too precautious.

Now I understand this whole thing (you don't need a TV), has any0one got any cheap (< 75/$100) sugestions for a capture card?

Thanks

Old   
galador Offline
Corgi, I dare say...

01-17-2007 , 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Bender
Oh, right.

I was under the impression that you still played on your TV. My bad.
You can still play on your TV while recording (in fact, that is preferred, because unless you have an amazingly awesome computer, the capture process will lag behind the action).

There's a tutorial in the sticky on how to set that up.

Old   
Daleks United Offline
Plug 'n' Pray

Send a message via MSN to Daleks UnitedSend a message via Skype™ to Daleks United
01-17-2007 , 06:27 PM

Also, the screen on the PC is uaually 160*120 or so which is naff.

Cheapish CC are the Dazzles, KWorlds, Avermedias, WinTVs and some Hauppauges. The sticky has a fair few, as does the quality test sticky linked off it.

To err is human, to screw things up completely requires a computer.
Forum Problems? Spam? Need help? Think I've been a harsh, evil, unfair git? PM me

Old   
King_Bender Offline

01-18-2007 , 06:10 AM

I ordered a KWorld DVD Maker, PCI Card for 20. When it arrives I'm gonna see what cables I need, then order them

Thanks for you help guys =)!