Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Technical Support
Technical Support All threads related to console/computer issues, movie making hardware/software, etc. can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
superjonboy Offline

How Do I copy a GIF file? - 01-28-2007 , 06:58 PM

How do I copy a GIF file? I am sure someone knows but I really dont know where to start. Also How do I get it hosted on photobucket once I have it?
Is there a special place to host them on photobucket? When I tried to copy several GIF files, I couldnt, and doing a google search wasnt really helpful. Do I need a special program, or Do I need to be proficient in HTML coding? if so, maybe I am out of luck lol, as I dont really know much about html. But any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also if it requires some special skills and programs would someone be kind enough to help me out?
Thanks for reading this, Superjonboy

Old   
AmazinAzn Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmazinAznSend a message via MSN to AmazinAznSend a message via Yahoo to AmazinAzn
01-28-2007 , 07:29 PM

I'm pretty sure that you just have to Right Click > Save As... And then save it. And Photobucket hosts GIFs.

-AZN

Old   
GhostSniper Offline

Location: "Paddling The School Canoe. You Better Believe That's A Paddling"
Send a message via MSN to GhostSniper
01-28-2007 , 08:12 PM

To save a *.GIF simply right click > Save Image As...

Eg, AZN's Avatar is a *.GIF so to save it right click on it and to to Save Image As...

To host images oh PhotoBucket, ImageShack, etc simply host them like any other image file. *GIF files are no different from any other image format except that they can be animated.

If you need me to I can make a short video showing how to save them and how to upload them to an image host.

Old   
superjonboy Offline

01-28-2007 , 11:19 PM

Sweet, Thanks a lot guys. I feel a little silly because I am not computer ignorant, but when I put the pic on my computer it wasnt showing the animation so I wasnt sure if I did it wrong. I should have just tried to put it on photobucket to see lol. Thanks again.

Old   
wizdum Offline
Warning Explosives in Use

Send a message via AIM to wizdumSend a message via MSN to wizdum
01-30-2007 , 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjonboy
Sweet, Thanks a lot guys. I feel a little silly because I am not computer ignorant, but when I put the pic on my computer it wasnt showing the animation so I wasnt sure if I did it wrong. I should have just tried to put it on photobucket to see lol. Thanks again.
you can also right click and choose "open with [insert name of web browser]" that will show the animation without having to upload.