Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 and Halo 2 General Discussion
Halo 1 and Halo 2 General Discussion General Discussion forum for Halo 1 and Halo 2.
Notices

Old   
Daleks United Offline
Plug 'n' Pray

Send a message via MSN to Daleks UnitedSend a message via Skype™ to Daleks United
Hillock Day Archive - 02-05-2007 , 04:42 PM

HIH Hillockday Challenge

Every week Bungie runs their Humpday Challenge - so we thought we would come up with something original and copy them shamelessly with just a small name change. Welcome to the HIH Hillockday Challenge!

A similar (identical) format to Bungie's was followed - 3 games, staff pick game 2 and the rest are picked by the opposition. We will try and alternate between Clans and random groups of people, so everyone should get a chance to play!

Signup will be in a separate week specific thread.

To err is human, to screw things up completely requires a computer.
Forum Problems? Spam? Need help? Think I've been a harsh, evil, unfair git? PM me

Old   
Daleks United Offline
Plug 'n' Pray

Send a message via MSN to Daleks UnitedSend a message via Skype™ to Daleks United
02-05-2007 , 04:43 PM

06/01/2007

The players @ HIH:

MrCarrot (MrSprout/Schlapskie)
Rayban (Reidon/Reidon)
Pepperspray (MaCeGaC / MaCeGaC)
Doctor's Athletic (Daleks United/ Daleks Divided)
Ghooly clan (Ghost Faction /Ghost Faction)

The targets @ the opposition:

Gunk (Punk / Punk rly)
Johhnyinyard (Johnintoit / Johnintoit)
zmaniam7 (zmanjr7 / zmanjr7)
F2D Awful (Wicked / F2D Wicked)
Smacktalkinglesson47 (Raiden47 / Raiden47)

Game 1:

Map: Headlong
Rules: CTF, Single Flag, First to 3
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=630045379

A scrappy start to what would eventually turn into a wonderful victory for the fatherland characterised the first two rounds. We started on defence and managed to hold them away from our flag until the end of the round, before a similarly poor effort from us (although we managed to get the flag back to next to our base)

Not really going anywhere best describes their next offensive, despite johnintoit's over exuberance with the sniper rifle. Their complete lack of coordination clearly showed, while our lean, mean, fighting team pulled together to hold them off. This continues to the next round where, with combined attacks from above, below and to the side we slowly walked our flag back to the base over the bridge.

The complete inability of the other team to even sing from the same hymn sheet once again meant that we could defend the flag, never letting it leave the base. At the end of the round there was some coordination - as both hogs drove into explosives at the same time. WE scored again by going straight across the map, although some annoyance was caused by two shotgun wielders near our base. A double kill finished them off and the flag could be brought home uncontested.

Somehow [possibly mods and/or excessive cheating] they managed to score the next round to bring it to 2-1. Whatever happened, I'm sure it wasn't our fault and can be entirely blamed on someone or something else. Possibly Stingraid. Our misfortune continued when we failed to bring home the bacon in the next round - we had to make do with our rear ends posted to us on a plate, leaving them with a real chance to catch up. Thankfully, those who shall remain nameless conspired to stop that happening. Those players were on their team. Now, not only were they not singing from the same book, they were singing to a different tune.

Some devious return trickery in the last round allowed us to walk it home without incident until the last walkway, where a nice catch by MaCeGaC prevented us from taking the scenic route.

Staff win, 3 captures to 1.

Game 2:

Map: Lockout
Rules: Team Slayer, first to 50 kills.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=630049332

After a pretty long first game, we were all warmed up and ready for some serious SMG ownage (No Battle Rifles today, ladies).
There isn't a lot to say about this game, mainly because we finished them off in 3 minutes and 52 seconds. We started off great, and we stayed that way through the whole game. In the first ten seconds alone we had about four kills. We were pretty confident we were going to win, despite the endless trash talking from Raiden47. There wasn't much going on for the home team, other than the high pitched war cries from GhostFaction.
Overall, I like it.
Staff win, 50 - 31

Game 3:

Map: Coagulation
Rules: Assault, Neutral Bomb, 4 rounds
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=630057864

With two games already in our collective pockets, we decided it would be a good idea to go easy on them... and by "go easy on them" I really mean "lose really badly."

We started off strong by getting into vehicles and picking up weapons... but it pretty much ended right there. Our team crossed the middle of the field probably twice and only when our bodies were flung there after being furiously destroyed. Raiden and Johnintoit (who I like to call "The Whore Bros.") picked up the most kills with the Wraith and Sniper respectively.

Our fates were sealed once Punk and zmanjr7 Hog rushed our Banshee spawn with only DaleksUnited to defend the base - the rest of us were too busy being spawn splattered by Wicked.

Users win, 1 plant to 0

Each week, we will select one team at random to face various HIH Staff for the chance to get owned. Sometime this week, a thread in General Halo will be made where only the overlords of established glitching clans can apply. One post per clan, double posting will result in disqualification for that week. As done today, a front page news post will be made describing the carnage. Not yet in a clan? Don't worry. Next week we'll be accepting random teams under the same rules, except that your name can not appear in more than one team.

If your team is picked, you will be given a password to a secret clan forum where you can deliberate amongst yourselves an on your impending doom and what game types you'll pick for the first and third games, as well as the timings of the games. You also get to find out who will be dishing out punishment to you before everyone else reads about the complete steam rolling.

Forum Problems? Spam? Need help? Think I've been a harsh, evil, unfair git? PM me

Old   
Daleks United Offline
Plug 'n' Pray

02-05-2007 , 06:33 PM

27/01/2007

It was a sad loss for the High Impact Halo Staff this time, we had gone in ready to win, and we came out ready to cry. We had agreed to play 3 games. Those three games would be: MLG TS on Midship, Neutral Flag on Sanctuary, and CTF on Beaver Creek. These were the teams:

HIH Staff

Omg A Fish - (xX CiNeMaTiK)
Shdw Shinobi - (Shdw Shinobi)
DominoEffect - (ll Domino ll)
eric- (ll Disasta ll)
Daleks United - (Daleks Divided / Played 1 game)
New Bass Man - (CommanderBen)

The Opponents (Clandestine Inc.)

tbird24 - (tbird24)
shortyspc - (xX ShortySPC Xx)
sciz - (Cyclohexane)
mrkeebler - (KSI Keebs)
jakeyboy90 - (jakeyboy90)

First Game

MLG TS - Midship
Score 50 - 40: Users Win
Game Stats

This game would set the tone to our embarassing beat on that perfect Saturday afternoon. The game started out pretty even, while the users were always ahead of the Staff, we were only behind by a few kills, and we tied the leader multiple times. But when the Users hit 40 and we were down at around 32 things started to get bad. I (CiNeMaTiK) seemed to get stuck on multiple occasions, and it just kept happening, this became very infuriating and I began shouting. Soon our whole team was just screaming at each other, we knew we were going to loose, and we didn't take it too well. Our flaws were communication, and basic Halo skill. We were all running around like headless chickens with no hint of strategy in our movements. It was just pure chaos, and we knew it. When the Users got to 49, we just gave up and had to accept defeat. We knew this wasn't a good start and we'd have to bump it up a notch on the next game.

Second Game

Neutral Flag - Neutral Flag - Sanctuary
Score: 5 to 2 - Staff Dominates
Game Stats

At this point we had a change in team, Daleks had to go and we were soon accompanied by none other than NBM, who came into the party to our dismay, saying he was the worst halo player of all time. This really got us excited...not. Great, we thought, we need to win this game and we have NBM who claims to suck harder than even a 3 year old halo player.

We start the game, and immediately I pick up the sniper, and the domination begins. A series of headshots by none other than myself helps us get some flag captures, and we put NBM to good use as the guy who runs in and gets the flag and runs out. We knew we were going to win this game, and our talents shone as we captured the flag every couple minutes. We finally get that last flag capture and we were as happy as ever could be with this victory. The final score was 5 - 2 to Staff with me boasting 18 kills and 9 headshots :D

Third Game

CTF - Beaver Creek
Score: 5 to 2 - Users Win
Game Stats

Everyone knew it...this is the game we had to win, we couldn't loose in the second ever playing of the Hillock Challenge, it would be an upsetting loss. So the pressure was on, and it didn't help with NBM repeating that he was terrible and we were going to loose because of him...great right? We start the game, and if my memory serves me correctly they scored first...grr now we were getting stressed. But we got it together and pulled off a nice capture! Then to our surprize we took the lead with another superb capture. Our hopes were up, we thought we might be able to pull it off. But it all went downhill...We were about to get our third capture, which probably would have sealed the win. We were so close, but to our dismay it was then returned. Then the chaos began. The users scored, then they scored again, and then another. It was 4 to 2 and we were already feeling the defeat. Of course they got the last capture, and we were mocked by the users :( We all left the party, as some of us went offline, others (like me) made there own party, closed it, and cried.

It was a sad day for the HIH Staff, and a happy day for the Users.

Final Score: Users win 2 to 1

Oh and I almost forgot! Jakeboy kindly made a minitage of the whole event, and as I am sure you are all eager to see us get beaten, you will also see the countless amount of times I was stuck, and why I was so annoyed!

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/...DayJakey-1.wmv

Last edited by Daleks United; 02-05-2007 at 06:44 PM. .

Old   
Daleks United Offline
Plug 'n' Pray

02-24-2007 , 07:18 PM

11/02/2007

The third Hillockday, and the first against a random team of people. The teams were as follows.

Them, the infidels, the unworthy:

x Raidon x - x Raidon x
zmanjr7 - zmanjr7
Everyone here - Everyone here
Incredibill X - IncrediBill X
x MrsClausesPimp - MrsClausesPimp

Us, the HIH staff (combined with TGOWF staff)(and others)(we mucked up)

I Was Drunk At4 - I Was Drunk At4 (Game #1 only)
ZuP - ZuP101
Xetzu - Xetzu
Shdw Shinobi - Shdw Shinobi
Reidon - Reidon
Daleks United - Daleks Divided (Games #2 & #3 only)(in agony)(thanks Reidon >_>)

Game 1 - MAPNAME - GAMETYPE

HTTP Error 404 - Game not found.
We lost. That is all.

(Possibly http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=651745581)

Game 2 - Zanzibar - Assault
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=651758993

Definately some wierd trickery going on in this game, with the other team manageing to get passed me in a warthog while I was watching all the entrances to the base. Our lack of teamwork showed as we ran in lemming style to try and arm the bomb - their coverage wth super weapons made that completely futile.

The game wasn't helped by me and Shdw bickering - should Super Jumping/Bouncing be allowed in these games? (We were killing each other as they aremed). That lead to some interesting discussion and finally a democratic vote. Super Bouncing is NOT allowed in these games. Any team caught doing so repeatedly will be publicly mocked as a punishment.

3-0 to them.

Game 3 - Lockout - CTF
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=651772607

We had already lost two, so naturally we didn't bother to try in this game....

The stats say it all really - the other team had tactics, something we consider as bad sportsmanship at best and downright cheating at worst. They dominated us with any weapon they could find, while we ran at them with pea shooters. We couldn't hold the power weapons for more than a few seconds before being blown sky high.

It wasn't a complete whitewash thoguh, we made their lives difficult and stopped them all the way across the map. Their use of grenads was no match for our sheep tactics however and they soon scored.

We had a couple of near misses with the flag, making it end up in the green room at least once and contesting it there for almost 90 seconds. There's not much more to say really. Maybe we should try practicing next time?

3-1 to them.

Final Score
3-0 to them. We lost against a random team. *Runs of to find better ways to chea....help the team productivly*

Last edited by Daleks United; 02-25-2007 at 01:33 PM. .

Old   
Daleks United Offline
Plug 'n' Pray

02-25-2007 , 07:20 AM

24/02/2007

Another week, another hillock day, another triple serving of pwn sauce (even with NBM as one of our starters).

Them:
4ReAL KiD- I 4ReAL KiD I
CaptainCrunch41- CaptainCrunch41
LoadedHotSauce-ProjectSauce3 (No show)
Mr. Pattywack- Dr. Pattywack
Gunthar-Gunthar666
JKilla9611 - JKilla9611

Us:
NewBassMan - CommanderBen
Daleks United - Daleks Divided
ZuP - ZuP101
Ghost Faction - Ghost Faction
Omg a Fish - xX CiNeMaTiK

Game 1
Map: Lockout
Gametype: MLG Oddball
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=659989434

As everyone knows, the Staff here at HIH aren't exactly the most coordinated group. Having said that, I'm pretty sure that this game proves that we are Pro. As the pregame lobby countdown started, I was already geared for the inevitable loss (Having Omg A Fish say, "Yeah, we're going to get destroyed" doesnt help much either). When I opened my eyes a few minutes into the game, we were actually keeping up pretty well. We'd get it for 10 seconds, they'd get it for 10. It was an even game for awhile until a certain opposing team started to fall apart. When we pulled ahead by a good 30 seconds, the only thing you could hear from the opposite team was, "You're playing like you've never played MLG before!" From there, we sealed the deal by throwing the ball off the edge at the first sign of danger ( <-- not even the slightest bit cowardly).

Staff wins, 5:00 to 3:20

Game 2
Map: Foundation
Gametype: Slayer, All Duals, SMG start
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=659996624

By the second game, we knew that our MLG magic was running out, so we strategically picked the next game to be the bane of any MLGers existence: duals only with an SMG start. Surprisingly enough, they were nipping at our heels the entire game, even gaining the lead for a few seconds here and there (only when we felt sorry for them, of course). Our entire strategy with this game was turrets, turrets, and more turrets. Without their long range guns to counter us, we just funneled them down Foundation's sides and, in absolute stlye, dual SMGed them to death. The pitter pattering of shields never sounded so sweet. After only five minutes of this, the Staff was victorious.

Staff wins, 50 to 41

Game 3
Map: Beaver Creek
Gametype: Team Swords to 100
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...meID=660006729

Quite possibly the most skill based game we've played all night. The feeling of this match was intense, everyone was focused and out for blood. This mentality was supported, if not created by, the constant shouting of "people" deficating on other "people's" heads. Today isn't April 1st?

Staff wins, 100 to 80

Overall
3-0 to staff!

Last edited by Daleks United; 02-25-2007 at 01:36 PM. .