Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Duelies Offline
HIH Archive Team/Monitor

^_^ =p ;) <_< *epic Win* >_> ='( =d 0_0 - 07-12-2007 , 09:31 PM

Epic Win

Epic Win is a video that I couldn't think of a good name for. But more than that it is a video that uses a technique to move the pelican around on Delta Halo and create some of the most amazing tricks on that level.

Mythica(hi-res)
Mythica(lo-res)
Mythica(h.264,hi-res)(thanks Terminator)

Part 1(Mythica)
Part 2(Mythica)
Part 3(Mythica)

Tutorial videos

Terminator's moving the pelican around tut

Note: It is much easier to move the pelican with one wraith on top of the pelican and another wraith pushing it. If you are playing on easy or medium, in order to get 2 wraiths, you need go on top of the mountains once you enter the bridge area and grab the wraith tank on the other side of the chasm and then bring it over to where you were. Then another wraith will come when you activate the bridge.

RandomCTG's using the ghost to raise the pelican tut

Note 1: Some ghosts do not lift the pelican well while some lift it up very well. So if it doesn't work try a new ghost.

Note 2: You are able to steer the pelican left or right, foward or backwards. Just drive the ghost in the direction you want when its stuck in the pelican and the pelican should slowly move in the direction you trying to drive.

Note 3: The ghost can not only raise the pelican but lower it as well by just letting sit on the pelican. If you dont want it to move just get in when its not stuck in the pelican.

A breakdown of each trick.

The Scorpion on top of the tower.

Basically the trick is done using Terminator's tut to move the pelican aroun. I moved down next to the tower using the wraith tanks. Then when I got there I had one player stay on the ground while the other used the pelican lift trick to bring the pelican to the top of the tower. Once I got higher I used my technique to move pelican right over the top of the tower so that when the tank on the back was dropped it would land right on the top of the tower. Then the player on the ground went over to the marine back at the bridge and killed him. The rest is in the vid.

A Wraith on each of the two towers.

With this I pushed the pelican down to the two towers next to each other. I then took one of the wraiths and one of the ghosts and put them on the pelican. I used the pelican lifting trick with one person in the ghost and the other in the wraith. I then let it rise up to the top of the tower and positioned the pelican right of the tower and let lower while the person in the wraith got on top of the tower as it was lowering past the top of the tower. I then got out of the ghost and let the pelican lower back down to the ground. I had the player on the tower jump off the top(not in the wraith) so he could back to the ground. I then repeated the proccess with other tower except I left one player on top of the tower. I then got a check point and found an elite just standing doing nothing. I used the warthog (we don't need the marine anymore), a rocket and sword to do side-seat swordflyingusing the elite. I transfered my sword-fly to a ghost, drove to the towers and sword flew to the empty wraith tank.

Vehicle collection on Regret's Temple

Basically I pushed the pelican down underneath the temple and then gathered 10 more ghosts and put them with the pelican so I had 1 pelican, 2 wraiths, and 10 ghosts. I then used the pelican lift trick to bring one wraith up. Then let it lower with one ghost on the pelican. I repeated the proccess with the second wraith. I then brough up the ghosts in groups of 4 dropping 3 off each time and leaving one to lower the pelican down. On the last group of ghosts I left one player on the ground while one goes up to the temple. Once up I dropped 3 of the ghosts of and left one on to reposition the pelican to drop the tank directly on the temple. Then I drove the last ghost off the pelican. The player on the ground went over the marine in the warthog and killed him dropping off the tank.

Wraith in elavator room

Here I pushed the pelican under the far tower and parked it like I did in the video. Then I used the pelican lift trick with one player on top of the pelican in a wraith tank. I then lifted the pelican up to about that little platform you can stand on. I then meleed the ghost off the pelican while one player stayed in the wraith tank on the pelican. Then I corner rode down to the ground and went over to last place in the level. I showed in the video where to walk. Whe you get there position the wraith on the pelican right in the corner of the building. Then have the other player walk right were the grass texture and the rock texture meet.

Last edited by Duelies; 07-16-2007 at 04:52 PM. .

Old   
ferrari Offline
DELETE COOKIES?!

Send a message via AIM to ferrari
07-12-2007 , 09:35 PM

NICE :D Downloading now...

Edit: Done watching, and that is really cool. I wonder how the physics work behind the ghost lifting up a Pelican.

Last edited by ferrari; 07-12-2007 at 09:54 PM. .

Old   
CaptainCrunch41 Offline

07-12-2007 , 09:59 PM

that was the most epic win ive ever seen... <_<

amazing job

Old   
grumpy Offline

07-12-2007 , 10:00 PM

Beautifully done. I cannot watch long vids in one sitting, usually. This one I watched from beginning to end and every minute was fun, watching things develop. The quality is awesome and the editing outstanding. Close to perfect on this one. Now maybe people will understand what you did. Nice tribute to Princeofthesword.

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

07-12-2007 , 10:11 PM

I might die of happiness. >_<

I'm saving this sucker to my HD. I'll mirror a h.264 version for you, Duelies. I can't wait to watch. o_O

Old   
hockeykid101 Offline

07-12-2007 , 10:18 PM

That as amazing! I heart duelies. humph I was planing on doing a bunch of that stuff!...

:D (though less amazing) nice job duelies.

Old   
SCHMO123 Offline

Send a message via AIM to SCHMO123Send a message via Yahoo to SCHMO123
07-12-2007 , 10:52 PM

I think this exceeds epic win.

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

07-12-2007 , 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMO123
I think this exceeds epic win.
Yes, let's try... say...

Super special awesome chocolaty-fudge-coated mega super atomic epic win. On a stick. =)

I used your High-Res to convert it into a h.264, so it's actually a High-Res, not a low res. =P

Anyway, highlight for my responce to your video (which contains spoilers.)

HOLY SMOKES! That video was AWESOME. I o_Oed when you got two wraiths on each tower, and =(--------------------)ed when I saw the room load, popping the Wraith inside. I never knew how to do that exactly. >_< Dropping off the Scorpian on the tower... that INSANE vehicle collection... truly a Epic Win +, Duelies. Bloody well done!

I'm going to make a write-up for this.

Old   
CaptainCrunch41 Offline

07-12-2007 , 11:40 PM

its beatifully done even though i understand nothing of how it works.

Old   
Terminator Offline
Happy Cakes Monitor Man

07-12-2007 , 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch41
its beatifully done even though i understand nothing of how it works.
Rumor has it he has provided tutorials. =0 *Tickle*

Old   
Duelies Offline
HIH Archive Team/Monitor

07-12-2007 , 11:53 PM

I'm glad everyone likes the video. I spent probably somewheres between 20 and 25 hours on this vid, performing the tricks then editing the video. The vehicle collection alone took a good nine hours to do. I think the real impressive part in these tricks is not the skill required to preform the tricks but the planning out the tricks to make sure everything works out and that you have no loose ends left when you've got the trick figured. Also the patience to preform these tricks is quite astounding.

Thanks for all your positive feedback it's greatly appreciated.

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

07-12-2007 , 11:59 PM

Wow, this is just like your insane work with the scarub brige, but even better. I can't believe this, it's so insane. This will be remembered forever as one of the classic Halo2 tricks that was done by the one and only Duelies.

Again, this is really insane and cool.

Old   
Saucycarpdog Offline
you cant outrun the dog

07-13-2007 , 12:24 AM

what did you do with the pelican driver *slowly goes under the bed*

Old   
TeamAmerica1 Offline
Music and more music.

Send a message via AIM to TeamAmerica1Send a message via MSN to TeamAmerica1Send a message via Skype™ to TeamAmerica1
07-13-2007 , 03:27 AM

VERY nice Duelies, this is going in mah "epic Halo vids" folder.

Old   
KORHAL Offline
Not Alive.

Send a message via AIM to KORHALSend a message via MSN to KORHALSend a message via Skype™ to KORHAL
07-13-2007 , 06:18 AM

Okay, this BY FAR, exceeds every other video around here, ever. And I'm dead serious, no other video I've ever seen here (sorry Ducain) beats the hell out of this one. This took 20+ hours of work you said, you're slowly catching up to my 3 n 1/2 years ;) I had the tribute figured out the moment I saw you under the elevator shaft in the water. What I'll if you don't though, is going up and INSIDE it and then spawning the level :)

Duelies, I think the News Council and I should throw in all of our thoughts together into the FP for this one.

KORHAL

Old   
DollarPwnCenter Offline

07-13-2007 , 07:05 AM

All i can say is...Epic Win.

Old   
Ninja_Nocturne Offline
Banned

Talking Deserving Of An Honour - 07-13-2007 , 07:54 AM

Bloody wonderful!

An awe-inspiring performance Duelies. :D

I confer a knighthood for this spectacular trickster. From here and on, everyone must refer to Duelies as 'Sir Duelies'.

If you do not address him by his new title, he has the right to demand for your head to be severed from your shoulders. It's a well known HIH royal law, apparently, decreed by King Ducain himself.

Well, Sir Duelies, twenty to twenty-five hard working hours you say? An outstanding effort. I've never seen anyone in the elevator room before. Was there anything of interest there?

Again, amazing video. Nice music, too.

-- 'Nocturne

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
07-13-2007 , 08:29 AM

Ummmmmmm, what the heck did I just see? O_O

The little shot with the 2 wraiths on each of the towers is so epic I cant quite wrap my head around it. Wow. Just wow.

In-friggin-sanity.

O__________________________________ ___________________O

Old   
NOKYARD Offline
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to NOKYARDSend a message via MSN to NOKYARDSend a message via Yahoo to NOKYARDSend a message via Skype™ to NOKYARD
07-14-2007 , 01:11 AM

....and where is the 3rd wraith....(just kidding - i always post that in Delta VC topics - no one ever gets the 3rd wraith)

i had no idea that room loaded from the Delta side, it must be some leftover code from when Delta and Regret were one Level - great vid - very inspiring

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

07-14-2007 , 03:10 AM

I loved that music, especially when you got both wraiths on the towers and fired off a shot with that one. Don't know the word for that. Just so glorious. I was waiting for someone to get tanks on top of those towers immediately when I saw Termeh's variety vid. Awesome work, Duelies. You never cease to amaze.