Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum
Halo Trick Jumping Forum All Halo trick jumping discussion goes here. Clans, videos, competitions, superbouncing, this is the place.
Notices
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old   
The MrJump's Avatar
The MrJump Offline
 
Posts: 533
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to The MrJumpSend a message via MSN to The MrJump
Exclamation "Entropy - The Art of Disorder" .: Jump video featuring Gary UK and The MrJump :. - 01-28-2008 , 05:54 PM


Entropy - The Art of Disorder

Featured Jumpers:
Gary UK
The MrJump

Our creative new jump video, "Entropy," with myself, The MrJump, and Gary UK from the "Jumping For Fun" episodes is finally out!! :WARNING: This video includes MT jumps, trick jumps, tactical jumps, and jumps that will blow you and your mind. Also note, all of these jumps can be preformed in matchmaking!

We hope everyone enjoys our video as much as we enjoyed making it! We thank everyone who helped out and, I'd also like to thank Gary especially for putting it all together.

Mythica:
http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/...AOD-1.wmv.html

YouTube:
[Part 1] http://youtube.com/watch?v=VrnBGzVL2Jg
[Part 2] http://youtube.com/watch?v=TU2NDGVFyro
--Watch them both! The ending is awsome!--

Last edited by The MrJump; 12-21-2008 at 05:48 PM. . Reason: wanted to space it out better, haha

  #2  
Old   
BlackBurn33 Offline
 
Posts: 385
Join Date: Oct 2007
01-28-2008 , 06:03 PM


w0000, rape jumping guys.

first post


Good work you 2, loved most of the jumps. Some filler content, but good work!


5/5

  #3  
Old   
Sooner34's Avatar
Sooner34 Offline
Team FX
 
Posts: 919
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cozce for Mod 2010
Send a message via AIM to Sooner34Send a message via MSN to Sooner34Send a message via Yahoo to Sooner34
01-28-2008 , 06:30 PM


Half of this video was awesome! Great job Gary! I must say, you are the KING of late-saving properly. Those jumps looked really hard, considering it took you 2-4 saves to do them. NICE!

5/ 10 I skipped the parts with that mysterious baby-blue guy.

Bart8

  #4  
Old   
CaptainCrunch41's Avatar
CaptainCrunch41 Offline
 
Posts: 4,420
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: rawr
01-28-2008 , 06:44 PM


the were 4 or 5 jumps that were impressive..

there were 5 or 6 jumps that were old...

idk, i didnt like it that much.

the editing and camera angles were spot on, but the first song didnt fit well IMO.

  #5  
Old   
Sooner34's Avatar
Sooner34 Offline
Team FX
 
Posts: 919
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cozce for Mod 2010
Send a message via AIM to Sooner34Send a message via MSN to Sooner34Send a message via Yahoo to Sooner34
01-28-2008 , 06:47 PM


BTW! The intro was pretty snazzy! Good juhrb.

  #6  
Old   
The MrJump's Avatar
The MrJump Offline
 
Posts: 533
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to The MrJumpSend a message via MSN to The MrJump
01-28-2008 , 06:57 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch41
there were 5 or 6 jumps that were old...

the editing and camera angles were spot on, but the first song didnt fit well IMO.
ya the first song's corus is "disorder," this is also the name of the video. We also wanted something that got your attention

for the old jumps, we wanted to make the video as long as possible and we knew that some were "old" but technically none of them were in any previous videos, we just wanted to put a video out there that people new to jumping could see some "older" jumps that werent in any other videos This with the exception of two jumps, these two jumps i had in another video of mine.

  #7  
Old   
Tbird24's Avatar
Tbird24 Offline
All-In
 
Posts: 6,998
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Destined To Fly
Send a message via AIM to Tbird24
01-28-2008 , 07:13 PM


I liked the vid alot, here is my review.

1. Intro was great, but there was no editing in the rest of the video.
2. Try not to film from so far away, it kinda takes away from the jump.
3. You need a better song choice. Ew.:p
4. Try to cut out some of the jumps during refining. There was too much filler content IMO. It made parts of the video boring.
5. For jumps that require you to, say, ghost jump off a specific post, itd be more helpful to also show the jump in first person.


everything besides that was good.

  #8  
Old   
MrOllie Offline
Banned
 
Posts: 961
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: YouTube.com/mrollie16
Send a message via AIM to MrOllieSend a message via MSN to MrOllie
01-28-2008 , 07:57 PM


First off, let me rant about editing. You went through all the trouble of learning Adobe After Effects, yet you don't seem to understand a very simple video editing program like Ulead Studio 11. I was excited in the beggining of the video thinking it would be a very well edited video throughout. You set up an expectation for editing and you did not meet it. That is a bad thing because it makes the viewer want more and you guys never delivered. Basic integration of the video with the audio would have made the video much more good. Not once did I notice a nice A/V sync. You just sort of crossfaded all the clips without any particular reason. Listen to the song for hits, slow downs, speedups, and other sorts of effects. Let the audio influence your editing. Use the audio to influence your transitions and slowdowns. Make the viewer entertained through out those 11 minutes. Please learn how to render properly. You rendered in an incorrect resolution.

The video seemed like a downhill ride. In the beggining I was entertained due to fancy eye candy and creative jumps. Towards the end, it seemed dry, plain, and boring. The excitement in the beggining of the video could have been carried over throughout, but instead all we got was a short chunk of excitement.

The camera control was good. You guys kept it smooth most of the time and it had variety.

Like people before me said, alot of content was filler. Keep the filler out and avoid the 11 minute mark. Entertainment is the key.

The song choice is all up to the video makers. I have nothing bad to say about the songs themselves, but please, next time try to integrate the audio with the actual video. I could have turned on my 2pac album and it would not have made a difference. Make the songs work uniquely with the video.

Summary: Seemed like a work-in-progress. I would have loved to see this video without the filler jumps and an attempt at editing. At its current state, you guys are missing alot. I don't know who edited the video, but please, learn how to edit the body and focus less on intros. Also learn how to render.

  #9  
Old   
The MrJump's Avatar
The MrJump Offline
 
Posts: 533
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to The MrJumpSend a message via MSN to The MrJump
01-28-2008 , 08:15 PM


i would proudly like to say that GARY UK edited this and he did an AWSOME job. It was extremely creative and we both had ideas but the whole 2d 3d thing was great and was all Gary's idea,

the jump editing was very nicely done as well. flawless like many others have said (not only on these forums) and like his other videos.

Also, many jumps were "fillers" because we wanted it long but, then again MANY are harder than they look. Try some. and not only is this video for "older" jumpers but "new" jumpers as well that havent seen many videos. we wanted to make it well rounded and creative but also have some sick content.

  #10  
Old   
jaggedShrapnel's Avatar
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized
 
Posts: 3,334
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Houston
Send a message via AIM to jaggedShrapnelSend a message via MSN to jaggedShrapnel
01-28-2008 , 08:57 PM


I liked everything before the 3 minute mark, and several jumps after it, but more than half of the video was filler content. Great camera control. I didn't like any of the music, next time you should try to find something that you know everybody will enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MrJump
i would proudly like to say that GARY UK edited this and he did an AWSOME job. It was extremely creative and we both had ideas but the whole 2d 3d thing was great and was all Gary's idea,

the jump editing was very nicely done as well. flawless like many others have said (not only on these forums) and like his other videos.

Also, many jumps were "fillers" because we wanted it long but, then again MANY are harder than they look. Try some. and not only is this video for "older" jumpers but "new" jumpers as well that havent seen many videos. we wanted to make it well rounded and creative but also have some sick content.
I gotta disagree with everything you said.
I don't think there was anything special about the editing, it didn't have the same super smooth feeling as the Jumping For Fun series. Mostly just crossfades. Everything Ollie said about the editing I agree with.
No matter what, filler jumps should never be in a jump video. I could always say "That video would have been automatically better if those fillers weren't in it." And I disagree with your reasoning for them being in there. Just because a jump is hard doesn't make it good. My favorite jump was probably the one on Rats Nest with the Grav Lift and turret. Extremely creative.
I guess that's about it, please remember to take constructive criticism into consideration, we're just trying to help you make the best video you can.

  #11  
Old   
xxaznsniperxx's Avatar
xxaznsniperxx Offline
 
Posts: 591
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Send a message via AIM to xxaznsniperxx
01-28-2008 , 09:12 PM


ZOMG YOU GUYS RAPE I LOVE THE BEGINNING INTRO ITS AMAZING And you guys are the new era of jumping in halo 3

  #12  
Old   
The MrJump's Avatar
The MrJump Offline
 
Posts: 533
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to The MrJumpSend a message via MSN to The MrJump
01-28-2008 , 09:13 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by jagg3d Shrapn3l
I liked everything before the 3 minute mark, and several jumps after it, but more than half of the video was filler content. Great camera control. I didn't like any of the music, next time you should try to find something that you know everybody will enjoy.

I gotta disagree with everything you said.
I don't think there was anything special about the editing, it didn't have the same super smooth feeling as the Jumping For Fun series. Mostly just crossfades. Everything Ollie said about the editing I agree with.
No matter what, filler jumps should never be in a jump video. I could always say "That video would have been automatically better if those fillers weren't in it." And I disagree with your reasoning for them being in there. Just because a jump is hard doesn't make it good. My favorite jump was probably the one on Rats Nest with the Grav Lift and turret. Extremely creative.
I guess that's about it, please remember to take constructive criticism into consideration, we're just trying to help you make the best video you can.
yep, and its hard to please everyone, so we made it long maybe get some type of jump that everyone likes creatively, difficultly, and eye apealing, its hard to get what everyone likes and i think we did a good job considering we did it in a month and a half. And for the songs we tried keeping them a little different, but i dont know.

thanks for the reply though

i also agree, forums are not for deconstructive criticism. why would anyone post something if it was. I think its safe to say that many of us including myselff are guilty but we should seriously take deconstructive things out of the forums and help everyone out.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaznsniperxx
ZOMG YOU GUYS RAPE I LOVE THE BEGINNING INTRO ITS AMAZING And you guys are the new era of jumping in halo 3
thanks man. and im glad you liked it.

  #13  
Old   
CaptainCrunch41's Avatar
CaptainCrunch41 Offline
 
Posts: 4,420
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: rawr
01-28-2008 , 10:57 PM


i like this thread.

but you know jagged i have to disagree with you, sometimes, the fact that its really hard makes it good. SOMETIMES. ;)

  #14  
Old   
/\{ProtonisH}/\'s Avatar
/\{ProtonisH}/\ Offline
 
Posts: 1,168
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Overbouncing ;)
Send a message via MSN to /\{ProtonisH}/\
01-29-2008 , 12:51 AM


Loved every second of this vid. Though not a fan of the music choice though that doesn’t matter. That was one of the coolest intros...actually thinking about it that was the best intro to a trick jumping movie i have ever seen posted on this site. Extremely creative and very well done.

Love the turret jumps, i have a few of my own for my little movie, and i must say they are fun to do. The style of jump when you run across them to gain speed was amazing. Looked really cool.

I don’t really remember seeing any A/V syncs and i love them, they can really start and finish the movie with bangs, but yeah like i said loved every second.

Would really really really like to ask if you were doing another project? If not, would it be possible to make me an intro like that one lol, really need a cool one for my solo.

Great work guys. <3

  #15  
Old   
jaggedShrapnel's Avatar
jaggedShrapnel Offline
the j is uncapitalized
 
Posts: 3,334
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Houston
Send a message via AIM to jaggedShrapnelSend a message via MSN to jaggedShrapnel
01-29-2008 , 09:16 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by The MrJump
i also agree, forums are not for deconstructive criticism. why would anyone post something if it was. I think its safe to say that many of us including myselff are guilty but we should seriously take deconstructive things out of the forums and help everyone out.
Hey thanks for being so grown up about all this. Keep up that attitude and you're sure to enjoy it here.:)

  #16  
Old   
BuddhaCrane's Avatar
BuddhaCrane Offline
 
Posts: 555
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: where you least suspect!
01-29-2008 , 01:01 PM


After seeing some of the replies I was tentitive about watching it. I also noticed it had Gary UK in it who I really liked from the "jumping for fun" series.

I must say I'm glad I decided to watch it. I thought it was really great! I don't know if it's because I've been out of the jumping community for a while but I thought there were alot of really cool, creative jumps that also looked pretty tough. I also liked that you didn't do many explosive jumps, I've always had a soft spot for traditional tactical jumps, and this vid delivered that (Turret jumps are cooooooooooool)

The editing was enjoyable enough, I don't expect every good jumper to be a great filmer/editor as well (How many talents is one person expected to have? Bare in mind that clan vids with lots of people may have 1 good editor between them, people jumping in smaller groups or on their own don't neccessarily have that luxury and may not trust "outsiders" to edit their vid) to me, the editing did it's job, it didn't put me off.

To conclude, the video was just up my alley. Had the "old school" vibe that I hold so dear and it had great variety and creativity, the jumps looked fun and even tactical and I can appreciate how hard it is to find so many jumps like that.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next one!

  #17  
Old   
Pooned117's Avatar
Pooned117 Offline
 
Posts: 554
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remember me, xAnArChYt?|Vancouver Island
Send a message via MSN to Pooned117
01-29-2008 , 01:29 PM


That was sweet, nice jumps, most were new, some were very creative aswell, 4.5/5

hated 2nd song but hey, you can't make everyone happy

  #18  
Old   
EGG0S's Avatar
EGG0S Offline
 
Posts: 833
Join Date: Jan 2007
01-29-2008 , 03:15 PM


Coolio, I liked it a lot. Idk why everyone keeps complaining about "filler," I love jumping so much I dont care if theres some less jaw-dropping jumps in there.... as long as theres a few its good enough for me. 10/10.

  #19  
Old   
The MrJump's Avatar
The MrJump Offline
 
Posts: 533
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to The MrJumpSend a message via MSN to The MrJump
01-29-2008 , 05:10 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG0S
Coolio, I liked it a lot. Idk why everyone keeps complaining about "filler," I love jumping so much I dont care if theres some less jaw-dropping jumps in there.... as long as theres a few its good enough for me. 10/10.
agreed. totally agreed. i have seen many old school jump videos out there that have had tons of "fillers" and i still LOVED them. For example, Jump Tactics videos have tons of "fillers" and i think that it only made their videos that much better because i try to apprieciate every jump out there regaurdless of style, difficulty, or creativeness (although it may help). I think this is because of many reasons but mainly because of the fact that i am watching the video to see jumps and not for anything else. so if you give me jumps than i am pleased.

i try not to view "fillers" as a decline in the video. But instead view them as an addition to what good jumps they have. For example, iHops (video 3 i think), the one that was so long it had two parts, it had TONS of "fillers" (if you will) and it only made it all the more worth while for me to watch it. It is my favorite jump video to date. And if i say that it looks like it had tons of "fillers" in it makes it sound bad, but no, its the exact opposite.

the word "fillers" has a bad conotation related to it making it seem like they were put in there just to make sure the video is not too short. This is not the case for the "fillers" in the Jump Tactics and iHops videos and many others, and you can have a look for yourself. And i was kindof offended by the comments about all the "fillers" we have in our video, but then i thought about how much i liked them and it didnt mean much to me.

But the point is, in conclusion: what is a "filler" and is it a bad thing or a good thing?

I think it is all up to the way you look at them. I always look to apprieciate them like old school jumps videos where like. It seems like everyone in Halo 3 videos exclude many jumps and most videos are so short and it almost feels like i didnt get enough from the video as i could have got with "fillers." And therefore I would like to see a change, an old school change.

Does anyone agree?

  #20  
Old   
EGG0S's Avatar
EGG0S Offline
 
Posts: 833
Join Date: Jan 2007
01-29-2008 , 05:38 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by The MrJump
agreed. totally agreed. i have seen many old school jump videos out there that have had tons of "fillers" and i still LOVED them. For example, Jump Tactics videos have tons of "fillers" and i think that it only made their videos that much better because i try to apprieciate every jump out there regaurdless of style, difficulty, or creativeness (although it may help). I think this is because of many reasons but mainly because of the fact that i am watching the video to see jumps and not for anything else. so if you give me jumps than i am pleased.

i try not to view "fillers" as a decline in the video. But instead view them as an addition to what good jumps they have. For example, iHops (video 3 i think), the one that was so long it had two parts, it had TONS of "fillers" (if you will) and it only made it all the more worth while for me to watch it. It is my favorite jump video to date. And if i say that it looks like it had tons of "fillers" in it makes it sound bad, but no, its the exact opposite.

the word "fillers" has a bad conotation related to it making it seem like they were put in there just to make sure the video is not too short. This is not the case for the "fillers" in the Jump Tactics and iHops videos and many others, and you can have a look for yourself. And i was kindof offended by the comments about all the "fillers" we have in our video, but then i thought about how much i liked them and it didnt mean much to me.

But the point is, in conclusion: what is a "filler" and is it a bad thing or a good thing?

I think it is all up to the way you look at them. I always look to apprieciate them like old school jumps videos where like. It seems like everyone in Halo 3 videos exclude many jumps and most videos are so short and it almost feels like i didnt get enough from the video as i could have got with "fillers." And therefore I would like to see a change, an old school change.

Does anyone agree?
Preachin to the choir

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Skin modified for HIH by Ducain


HIH : Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 forum, fansite, tricks, glitches, and videos - Privacy Statement - Top
no new posts