Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo Related Categories Halo Trick Jumping Forum Halo Bouncing Discussion
Halo Bouncing Discussion For the things that bounce in life...
Notices

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

08-01-2008 , 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disco Mole
so like this?
Not exactly. If that cone were stuck in a wall, then the guy stood on it and got propelled at high speed across the level, then yes. See what I'm saying? That could be one way to pressure launch, and another way could be to force yourself into an object and get pushed back out. Just need to find a way to force yourself into an object to test it out @_@;

Old   
MaStEr IrOc Offline
Don't You Judge Me

Send a message via AIM to MaStEr IrOc
08-01-2008 , 07:40 PM

YAY! someone who is actually interesetd in h3 bouncing that is from another discussion! yay slynki!!

Old   
The Voice Of Truth Offline

08-01-2008 , 09:04 PM

There have been random bounces, but most people just call them pressure launches, but that was what bounces were anyway. I personally have never gotten one higher than the height I jumped from, but have seen mini bounces like this many times. I personally think they would be useless in h3 because of bungie being douches and death barriering just about everything, which they can't say is because of matchmaking or cheating, because of the soft barriers, which they can block breaks with invisible walls.

Old   
slYnki Offline
XXYBLB

08-02-2008 , 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStEr IrOc
YAY! someone who is actually interesetd in h3 bouncing that is from another discussion! yay slynki!!
=D

Old   
FlaminRottenEgg Offline

08-03-2008 , 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStEr IrOc
Exactly what I was thinking o_o;

OMFG I can't believe this thread is still alive... o.o

Old   
EGG0S Offline

08-03-2008 , 10:38 PM

originally in h2 bounces seemed random like the schlapskie weve been seeing popping up on film, someones gonna figure something out eventually.. keep goin at it

Old   
themightypen Offline

08-04-2008 , 02:38 PM

did someone say something about forcing objects into cracks, and getting them to launch? That sounded pretty interesting. Sorry if I sound like I've never played before, but I've been away for a few months and I'm getting back online in a week or so. Would someone mind just updating me on what's been found so far? I don't care if it seems lame or if it seems like a dead end, I'm interested to hear about it. I saw the "slide" bounce whatever thingy, and the one where the stairs disappeared and reappeared and launched the guy, but I haven't seen much else. I'd appreciate the info:) :) :D tks

Old   
MistaStalka Offline

Send a message via AIM to MistaStalka
08-04-2008 , 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightypen
did someone say something about forcing objects into cracks, and getting them to launch? That sounded pretty interesting. Sorry if I sound like I've never played before, but I've been away for a few months and I'm getting back online in a week or so. Would someone mind just updating me on what's been found so far? I don't care if it seems lame or if it seems like a dead end, I'm interested to hear about it. I saw the "slide" bounce whatever thingy, and the one where the stairs disappeared and reappeared and launched the guy, but I haven't seen much else. I'd appreciate the info:) :) :D tks
Well if you read my first post, I was wondering if the same technique for bouncing in Halo 2 Vista would be possible for Halo 3. I have as of yet to try and see. My next idea was the 'turret theory' where you take a turret and throw it by a crouching spot, then go crouch in that spot and pick up the turret,next you would go out of the crouching spot (either holding or throwing the turret away) and find a high place to jump from and a gridline to land on. The turret idea only seem's plausible due to it forcing you to be half-way standing up in the crouching spot which may trick the system into believing you're just a mere object rather than a person, just like in Halo 2 for Xbox.

Old   
themightypen Offline

08-05-2008 , 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaStalka
Well if you read my first post, I was wondering if the same technique for bouncing in Halo 2 Vista would be possible for Halo 3. I have as of yet to try and see. My next idea was the 'turret theory' where you take a turret and throw it by a crouching spot, then go crouch in that spot and pick up the turret,next you would go out of the crouching spot (either holding or throwing the turret away) and find a high place to jump from and a gridline to land on. The turret idea only seem's plausible due to it forcing you to be half-way standing up in the crouching spot which may trick the system into believing you're just a mere object rather than a person, just like in Halo 2 for Xbox.
sorry, can't help you, man, I don't know anything about it

Old   
xAnd1Legend21x Offline
Flat part of Headlong...

Send a message via AIM to xAnd1Legend21x
08-05-2008 , 03:54 PM

MistaStalka I was trying your turret theory on Last Resort but I couldn't get anything to work. I was only trying for bout 10-20 mins but nothing happened.

Old   
MistaStalka Offline

08-05-2008 , 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAnd1Legend21x
MistaStalka I was trying your turret theory on Last Resort but I couldn't get anything to work. I was only trying for bout 10-20 mins but nothing happened.
Hmm, sorry man, did you try landing on an actual crack? Also I was wondering why when non-host (or it could be host) crouch walks through a teleporter they will end up standing up when teleported to the other porter even while still holding the crouch button. Might seem like nothing but I'm not sure.

Old   
MistaStalka Offline

09-07-2008 , 04:49 PM

Sooo, I've just recently bought Halo 3 again; anyone who would like to search for a way to 'bounce' or 'pressure launch' can send me an FR. One thing though; please have a mic and don't talk gibberish. For Ex: "Yo wus up yall mayne?" That's utterly obnoxious and annoying.

GT: MistaStalker
-or-
GT: KYKE666

Old   
FlaminRottenEgg Offline

09-10-2008 , 06:37 PM

I'd go with you stalka, but I haven't played Halo 3 since I got GTA4 -._-.;
I'm prolly really bad at now.. >.<;
It'd proly take me a couple weeks to get used to sticking the schlapskie out of poeple and getting my K/D back to speed... And that's if I ever let go of GTA4 >-<