Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches
Halo 1 Campaign and Multiplayer Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 1 only can be posted in this forum.
Notices

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
Marine Collecting Thread - 08-03-2008 , 09:24 PM

The Official Marine Collecting and Discussion Thread.

~This thread may be used for the discussion of marine collecting or any similar topics~

Marine Collecting on Halo:
Well I think everyone knows that a good marine collecting video for the level Halo was in order so I took the liberty of doing it myself. The video shows all the steps needed to collect all 19 marines, and the three hogs. It's pretty long, (9 minutes) but it's actually pretty short for all the material covered.

Marine Collecting for the level Halo - Video Link

Marine Collecting on AotCR: UPDATE!!!
Measels posted a video he found in this thread, it shows how to get all the marines in the first half of AotCR. Also includes how to get the second warthog in SP. Pretty useful stuff.
Marine Collecting for the level AotCR - Video Link

Comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviD
BTW guys if you make him [the marine that drops no nades] become your enemy and kill him after he throws nades at you, he will drop 1 nade sometimes. I have tested this.

Question & Answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakingdown
How much does difficulty matter? Will marines in Legendary drop off more frags
Actually everyone drops the same amount no matter what difficultly. The only reason why you think they drop more on legendary is, because they drop more frequently. If you were to go on easy, and kill each enemy or marine one at a time, making sure you got a checkpoint everytime they dropped you would get the same amount.

Here is a "Grenade List" for the level Halo.

• Marines: 1-2 Nades.
  • Elietes: 1-3 Nades.
  • Grunts: 1-2 Nades.
  • Jackals: 0 Nades.
Quote:
Why do Normal rather than Easy or Heroic?
The only reason why normal is a good difficulty is because you, and the marines have better health, but it's not too hard to kill the covenant. This is why you should always trick on legendary in co-op. ;)

Side Notes

If you have any tips or suggestions feel free to post them. I will try to keep it updated on a regular basis.

EDIT: Posted a link for an AotCR tutorial.

Last edited by Lone Starr; 03-29-2010 at 01:42 AM. .

Old   
ViviD Offline

08-04-2008 , 01:37 AM

Kaaay Jumbo. Now you need to show people which marines drop 2 nades, 1 nade, and obviously the one that drops no nades. BTW guys if you make him become your enemy and kill him after he throws nades at you, he will drop 1 nade sometimes. I have tested this. Also, Jumbo, show everyone how to get all 19 marines back to the first area. ! Aotcr tut plz.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lone StarrSend a message via MSN to Lone StarrSend a message via Skype™ to Lone Starr
08-04-2008 , 01:46 AM

Quote:
Kaaay Jumbo. Now you need to show people which marines drop 2 nades, 1 nade, and obviously the one that drops no nades.
It changes every save. I know that sarge sometimes drops one nade, and sometimes two. The only one that is constant is the nav hog gunner.

Quote:
BTW guys if you make him become your enemy and kill him after he throws nades at you, he will drop 1 nade sometimes. I have tested this.
I will add this to the main post.

Quote:
Also, Jumbo, show everyone how to get all 19 marines back to the first area.
Well you can't really get back all 19 marines, (actually I guess you could if you spent the time to bring like 2 elites to the light bridge, and use their nades). As far as a tut I might make one in the future.

Quote:
Aotcr tut plz.
Yeah this would be nice. To be honest I don't even know how. >_>

Old   
ViviD Offline

08-04-2008 , 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr

Well you can't really get back all 19 marines, (actually I guess you could if you spent the time to bring like 2 elites to the light bridge, and use their nades).
I think SneakyPete would have something to say about that. He launched across with either one or two live nades. Live nades of course being grenades thrown by MC.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

08-04-2008 , 02:00 AM

Quote:
I think SneakyPete would have something to say about that. He launched across with either one or two live nades. Live nades of course being grenades thrown by MC.
Yeah, but you would still need to get the hog across. Plus using live nades cuts down on how much you can use to tighten your piles up.

Old   
SRL Offline
Banned

08-04-2008 , 07:51 AM

Hey thanks man, this is great.

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

08-04-2008 , 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL
Hey thanks man, this is great.
Glad you like it. xD

Old   
Breakingdown Offline

How much does difficulty matter? Will marines in Legendary drop off more frags because I notice that the enemy drops more nades. Why do Normal rather than Easy or Heroic?

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

08-04-2008 , 08:50 PM

Quote:
How much does difficulty matter? Will marines in Legendary drop off more frags
Actually everyone drops the same amount no matter what difficultly. The only reason why you think they drop more on legendary is, because they drop more frequently. If you were to go on easy, and kill each enemy or marine one at a time, making sure you got a checkpoint everytime they dropped you would get the same amount.

Here is a "Grenade List" for the level Halo.

• Marines: 1-2 Nades.
  • Elietes: 1-3 Nades.
  • Grunts: 1-2 Nades.
  • Jackals: 0 Nades.
Quote:
Why do Normal rather than Easy or Heroic?
The only reason why normal is a good difficulty is because you, and the marines have better health, but it's not too hard to kill the covenant. This is why you should always trick on legendary in co-op. ;)

Old   
thenotsogoodtrickster Offline
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
08-05-2008 , 08:55 AM

Legendary is THE best for launching purposes, Ducain showed a simple comparison, on easy a grenade reduces you to a red bar of health. On Legendary you get reduced to yellow bars. But obviously legendary is harder to kill enemies, so normal, as Lonestarr has pointed out, is probably the best ratio of grenade damage to difficulty.

u mad? PM me.
Some basardskies asked for entertainment.
I presented a blog. Yes, Another F*****g Blog...

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Much love, HIH, thanks for the memories xx

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

Send a message via MSN to BigGruntyThirst
08-05-2008 , 07:42 PM

And you get less total nades on legenday/heroic, because you get two less marines, if I remember correctly. If you're doing a massive trick that requires lots of nades (for instance, my 7 marines/2 hogs/MC on top of halo thing, which would be impossbile on legendary) you're gonna want easy/normal. But if you only need like 20 nades overall, legendary's the way to go.
The most you're gonna get on legendary is probably about 25-26, realistically. On easy, you're looking at 30 or so. Most I've gotten is 31, Lone Starr got 32 one time. So if you need beef, go easy or normal; for most other purposes, go with legendary. Just a general rule of thumb.

Old   
Dark Helmet Offline
JumpMaster

08-06-2008 , 09:54 PM

I always did mine on easy. I just wanted to spend tme tricking,not killing enemies to get to that point.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

08-06-2008 , 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet
I always did mine on easy. I just wanted to spend tme tricking,not killing enemies to get to that point.
Haha there you go. Another student of the school of Lazy. ;P

Old   
Lone Starr Offline

08-06-2008 , 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet
That makes your marine launching videos even more impressive...

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

08-06-2008 , 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Starr
That makes your marine launching videos even more impressive...
It has the same affect on mine as well. Almost all of mine were on easy too.

That ridiculous launch in T3T where I send a marine through the frozen blue beam? Yup, that was on easy, with a giant nade pile. Good luck recreating that one.

Old   
-=MaToR=- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -=MaToR=-Send a message via MSN to -=MaToR=-Send a message via Yahoo to -=MaToR=-
08-17-2008 , 03:10 PM

Great tut, but howd you get the 3rd hog?

Sorry if this is a nubbish question :|

Good tut!

Old   
That Brit Guy

Send a message via MSN to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Yahoo to thenotsogoodtricksterSend a message via Skype™ to thenotsogoodtrickster
08-17-2008 , 08:58 PM

It shows you in the video. Follow it step for step and you won't have a problem. Following the video I got myself 3 'hogs and 18 marines. I killed the non-believer that doesn't give any 'nades >:]

u mad? PM me.

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GTAGaming.com, Jumprs.org, GlitchGaming.org, and Last.fm. And I also use the nick "TNSGT" on IRC on the IAN server.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

08-18-2008 , 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster
It shows you in the video. Follow it step for step and you won't have a problem. Following the video I got myself 3 'hogs and 18 marines. I killed the non-believer that doesn't give any 'nades >:]
I always keep him alive for marine launching purposes.

Old   
That Brit Guy

08-18-2008 , 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGruntyThirst
I always keep him alive for marine launching purposes.
You see... I'm a nub D:

u mad? PM me.

Old   
BigGruntyThirst Offline
Uh-huh. Yeah dawg.

08-20-2008 , 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster
You see... I'm a nub D:
Well, I figure if he wont donate to such a worthy cause, at least I can send him to the moon.

Tags
beginner, collection, guide, marine, tutorial