Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 3 Forum Theater
Theater Home for your screenshots, gameplay, and machinima
Notices

Old   
Evlmidget25 Offline
HD PVR.

Send a message via AIM to Evlmidget25Send a message via MSN to Evlmidget25
!! Evlmidget25's First Montage !! - 05-03-2006 , 08:25 PM

This is my First montage. It has tons of amazing kills including, many killtaculars, triples and a kill frenzy. There are a ton of sticks, snipes and BXRs to keep you on the edge of your seat for the whole montage. I hope that you enjoy the the montage and please vote and tell me how much you liked it.

Please visit thier forum for more great videos:360uploads Forum

Old   
nOOb_3at3r Offline

Send a message via AIM to nOOb_3at3rSend a message via MSN to nOOb_3at3rSend a message via Skype™ to nOOb_3at3r
05-03-2006 , 08:28 PM

Alright this is my review...

- On several occasions I saw a few people standing still or not moving and then you BXR or No Scope them. That shows signs that this could be staged.
- The editing was weak at the beginning and continued throughout. Sure it was fancy, but it left no room for the viewer to spot and identify each kill. Plus the rotating screens you used were to small. Not to mention the credits. You might want to try putting your betrayals during or after the credits. It makes it flow better.
- The kills that I saw, that werent of people standing still were pretty nice. You had a lot of nice string kills and you have a lot of base skills which i can see from your tactics. Grenades were nice and your sticks were above average.
- The quality wasnt to desireable, but i could recognize what was happening in each frame. Maybe, in the future, you could try brightening the video just a bit.
- I saw some flow problems from my point of view, may I suggest a few transitions, a fade here or there.
- Music is about opinion, but for me it fed to the lack of flow and ultimately hurt your video IMO

Thats all i have to say and overall it was nice, but making it too flashy is wat really pulled you down.

overall - 6.8/10

~*nOOb*~

Last edited by nOOb_3at3r; 05-03-2006 at 09:24 PM. .

Old   
DriverGotLost Offline
Banned

05-03-2006 , 08:39 PM

Edit: Wow nice kills you got there, I especially likes the warthog no scope.

The Good:

-Very nice multi-kills
-Great editing for WMM (althouigh I didn't like the intro)
-You owned Vermiis
-Those people at the end who talked smack cuz they lost
-Music (brings me back to DDR)

The Bad:

-It got a bit blurry at times, maybe just me
-I didn't see myself get owned
-Didn't like the intro, that's just me though

Overall: 9.2/10

Hope to see another!

Last edited by DriverGotLost; 05-03-2006 at 08:49 PM. .

Old   
(CC!) GoingComando324 Offline

Send a message via AIM to (CC!) GoingComando324Send a message via Skype™ to (CC!) GoingComando324
05-03-2006 , 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverGotLost
Will edit. Better be good midget, been looking forward to it.
same here.. will edit

Old   
(CC!) Chilly Offline

05-03-2006 , 09:22 PM

A: who did this one for you?
B: it better be good so i wont waste time putting it on my ipod.
C: edit later.

Old   
Evlmidget25 Offline
HD PVR.

05-03-2006 , 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOOb_3at3r
- On several occasions I saw a few people standing still or not moving and then you BXR or No Scope them. That shows signs that this could be staged.
I respect your review and I like that you made it honest. But I was wondering where did you see the people standing still. I went back and looked and I dident see a single one where I BXRed or Noscoped a guy standing still.

Quote:
- The quality wasnt to desireable, but i could recognize what was happening in each frame. Maybe, in the future, you could try brightening the video just a bit.p
Also the blurry parts in the video were from when I first got my CC. I dident really know how to use it and it can out blurry. I now have that problem fixed for that my 2nd one will be much better.

Also just to let everyone that exept for the Beggining and the credits, was edited by WMM. I just got vegas and dident know how to use it yet.

Old   
Zeague Offline
Pokemon Master

Send a message via AIM to Zeague
05-03-2006 , 09:46 PM

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

Old   
guncow Offline
Highest Impact Retard

Send a message via AIM to guncow
05-03-2006 , 10:26 PM

ROFL, " Gayest Halo Player Ever". That made my day.

I've been waiting forever for this to come out and it was tres bien.

Not many mind blowing things, but still definately worth 9/10.

Also, I got so raped like 4 times.

Old   
Flying dookie Offline

05-03-2006 , 11:04 PM

pretty good for a first montage i liked the multi kills thats something that people should focus more on a montage the thing i didn't like was that one of the sticks looked staged. if you r reading this post watch my dual montage preveiw i hope it will be out before summerhttp://useruploads.mythica.org/cgi-b...ge_Preview.wmv

Old   
Flipa15 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flipa15Send a message via MSN to Flipa15Send a message via Skype™ to Flipa15
05-03-2006 , 11:32 PM

hmmm it was good for the most part the intro was kinda crap

I kept trying to watch the video going off the screen

but yeah intro what bad everything eles was great

Old   
Johnintoit Offline
Monitor

Location: If you were holding the devils hand, would you still be afraid of the dark?.
Send a message via MSN to Johnintoit
05-04-2006 , 12:56 AM

LOL, i just got done watching this and i thought it was great, sure i got owned but even to a pro player like myself that's bound to happen every once in a long while, not to brag, but i have versed Yasha one on one and he knows what i am all about. lol i just had to say that, but i will leave out the rest, The music in the begining was not my taste but i thought it picked up and as the video went on, and i also liked how you did the screens to start off with, some may not like them but i thought it was very clever, the killing was sweet, and you really are good at that BXR, something i always forget to do, the snipes were sick too, i myself take a different approach to it, i see someone coming at me, i zoom in close my eyes, fire, when i open my eyes i spawn elsewhere, well that's just me, good luck on your next one man.

Old   
(CC!) Texture Monkey0 Offline

Send a message via AIM to (CC!) Texture Monkey0Send a message via MSN to (CC!) Texture Monkey0
05-04-2006 , 01:03 AM

Great montage Midget, pleasure to be raped by you. :D

P.S. Midget has 1337 movie maker skillz

Old   
Evlmidget25 Offline
HD PVR.

05-04-2006 , 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnintoit
LOL, i just got done watching this and i thought it was great, sure i got owned but even to a pro player like myself that's bound to happen every once in a long while, not to brag, but i have versed Yasha one on one and he knows what i am all about. lol i just had to say that, but i will leave out the rest, The music in the begining was not my taste but i thought it picked up and as the video went on, and i also liked how you did the screens to start off with, some may not like them but i thought it was very clever, the killing was sweet, and you really are good at that BXR, something i always forget to do, the snipes were sick too, i myself take a different approach to it, i see someone coming at me, i zoom in close my eyes, fire, when i open my eyes i spawn elsewhere, well that's just me, good luck on your next one man.
lol John that made my day.

Old   
Saosin Offline

Send a message via AIM to Saosin
05-04-2006 , 08:34 AM

the Multi Kills are mostly on Lockout Bomb, wtf game is that? everyone has snipers wtf

Old   
Johnintoit Offline
Monitor

Location: If you were holding the devils hand, would you still be afraid of the dark?.
05-04-2006 , 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saosin
the Multi Kills are mostly on Lockout Bomb, wtf game is that? everyone has snipers wtf
All snipers. for everyone, it's a gametype straight out of my nightmares, . . . . damn you Bungie, damn you. . . ohhh wait, i think it was a custom game. whew...that was a close one.

Hey Evl, i laughed my butt off on that ending part also, i remember when you guys played that game, way too funny man.

Old   
Vermiis Offline

Send a message via MSN to Vermiis
05-04-2006 , 10:48 AM

Sorry it took so long to post....I found myself infected by some sort of disease yesterday...a disease called 'laziness'. ;)

My opinions:

Kills were above average but still could've been better.
Editing was mediocre - the opening titles went a little too slow for me.
Song could've used a little more A/V (though I did see some).

Good job bro, can't wait for the next. I'll give it an honest 8.5. :)

Old   
Johnintoit Offline
Monitor

05-04-2006 , 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermiis
Sorry it took so long to post....I found myself infected by some sort of disease yesterday...a disease called 'laziness'. ;)

My opinions:

Kills were above average but still could've been better.
Editing was mediocre - the opening titles went a little too slow for me.
Song could've used a little more A/V (though I did see some).

Good job bro, can't wait for the next. I'll give it an honest 8.5. :)
Bah, my third post already but what can i do, i have things to say. :)

I can see where your coming from Verm, but to tell the truth i watched this video with a different outlook than i would. . . . say a glitch video, i say who cares if the A/V is not right on, or the or the transitions or editing is not top notch, it's a killing montage, as long as it was fun to make and fun to watch that should be enough, it was for me anyways, but i guess i just took it for what it was, killing, killing and more killing. You just can't get enough kills in a row. :) About the only thing that i think should change for the next one would be not to spend too much time on the same map, Lockout was in there way too often, other than that, kill away.

Old   
Enanito Offline

Send a message via AIM to EnanitoSend a message via MSN to EnanitoSend a message via Yahoo to Enanito
05-04-2006 , 03:06 PM

I know you've been working on this montage for sometime now. I just thought it could of turned out better.

Review

Pros:

-Good BxR's, no scopes and sticks
-The majority of the music was good
-Some familiar faces in the montage

Cons:

-I remember you talking about the problem with your CC, where it would be skipping frames. It pretty much ruined the quality.
-What was up with that double kill with the rocket launcher? Why put that in the montage?
-Not a lot of A/V sync...some, but not a lot. To me, it just adds to the entertainment value.

Overall: 8/10

It was pretty good for a first montage. A little bit more on the editing and fixing up those cons will greatly benefit your next montage.

Old   
Evlmidget25 Offline
HD PVR.

05-04-2006 , 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enanito
I know you've been working on this montage for sometime now. I just thought it could of turned out better.
Well acctually somebody else was editing my montage but his computer got taken away after he got done with the intro. The spinning frames in the begginning were made by him. Well since his computer got taken away and I have been dragging this out for a long time I jsut decided to edit it with WMM to get it out of my way. Thats the reason why it wasent that great of edited. The second one will be much better.

Quote:
-What was up with that double kill with the rocket launcher? Why put that in the montage?
As I said before the intro with the spinning frames was made by someone else. I though I told him not to put it in but he did. It was acctually a triple kill to another triple, but he cut most of it off.

Old   
SHORTER FUSE Offline

05-04-2006 , 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOOb_3at3r
Alright this is my review...

- The editing was weak at the beginning and continued throughout. Sure it was fancy, but it left no room for the viewer to spot and identify each kill. Plus the rotating screens you used were to small. Not to mention the credits. You might want to try putting your betrayals during or after the credits. It makes it flow better.
- The kills that I saw, that werent of people standing still were pretty nice. You had a lot of nice string kills and you have a lot of base skills which i can see from your tactics. Grenades were nice and your sticks were above average.
- The quality wasnt to desireable, but i could recognize what was happening in each frame. Maybe, in the future, you could try brightening the video just a bit.
- I saw some flow problems from my point of view, may I suggest a few transitions, a fade here or there.
- Music is about opinion, but for me it fed to the lack of flow and ultimately hurt your video IMO

Thats all i have to say and overall it was nice, but making it too flashy is wat really pulled you down.

overall - 6.8/10

~*nOOb*~

^^^long quote lol

ok well that has to be the wrst montage every
seriously mate whats the situation with so many ppl standin still. Id advise u that if ur gona try and fake a montage video u shouldnt of made it so obvious. Almost all of ur kills on lockout were ppl runnin in a line toward u or standin still lookin the wrong direction.

give that a 2/10 cuz i like the music

Tags
evlmidget25