Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Halo 1 and 2 Forum Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches
Halo 2 Campaign Tricks and Glitches All tricks and eggs related to Halo 2's campaign can be posted in this forum.
Notices
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-04-2010 , 06:16 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
The doors just have a white light behind them iirc
You should read all the new posts in his thread, since this post he discovered what you know. We are currently mauling Armory.

  #82  
Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline
 
Posts: 147
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
04-04-2010 , 06:18 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
You should read all the new posts in his thread, since this post he discovered what you know.
ooops my bad sorry about that.

  #83  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-04-2010 , 06:19 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricker_against_daodds View Post
ooops my bad sorry about that.
It's cool, just get with your secret room business. We are interested in what you are doing.

  #84  
Old   
Tricker_against_daodds Offline
 
Posts: 147
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
04-04-2010 , 09:25 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
It's cool, just get with your secret room business. We are interested in what you are doing.
I am lol, having some issues with finding the right connector for the camera to the computer, so the video might be up a little later at night

EDIT: nvm i found it now to start the perilous journey that is called editing

  #85  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-04-2010 , 10:17 PM


OK, well, this is the Unexplored thread so I have an idea to explore (on Cairo) a place before you hit an lz. When you get to the first outside area with the first JP Elites you have to enter two doors to continue the level at the big lift (drones come up) and there's a loadzone/tugpoint when you are between the doors.

When you first get inside the big lift room, there's a big door on the left. So, if you stay outside and walk over to the edge and look, you can see the big door that leads to the big lift. Close by is the IAC, maybe close enough to BAW a player into the big lift room. If the gap is too big you can get a box over there and set the nades on it, then light the fuse on the box and knock it toward P1 crouching at the big door. Bang!

In fact, I may try this at the GS room on SI. Set all nades on a box (at the platform level with the GS room) light a fuse to knock the box over to a player who's riding a sentinel down in front of the GS room opening.

  #86  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 04:53 AM


@ HB - I went in the shaft today, I still don't see any edges that slow me down except one that's kind of greenish and it's too far down. Somehow we have to stop the falltime before that ledge, imo. Maybe bounce a frag off the opposite wall and it bounces over and under you or a sticky sliding down just below you. The same falltime breaker might have to be used to get the rest of the way down.

The other thing we have to determine is will nades pile up at the bottom, waiting for us to get down? I'm skeptical of this because everywhere else on Cairo any amount of nades can vanish if you turn away. We not only have to turn away after suiciding the nades down but the shaft is deep so I really don't see nades waiting for us.

If the nades are waiting for us then there's a chance we could get in. Probably need maybe 10 nades at the bottom, 4 Plasmas and 2 frags for P2 and 2 to get P2 on the ledge twice and 2 to make up for the falltime breaks on the way down. If I were there right now and had 16 nades I'd use 7 plasmas and 4 frags. P2 has to jump down to pick up more nades. P1 can't be killed on the ledge because he will just pick up nades from the pile before they can explode and he needs one for the fuse. So when P1 (with full nades) tosses a fuse he will pick up one from the pile and that will make the BAW 8 Plasmas and 4 frags.

I know you know this but if TaD had tossed the fuse to the insdide edge of the door the pile would have hopped toward the shaft and there's a better chance the blast radius would be at a correct angle to the door itself (provided you have enough nades). He not only did not have the right amount of nades, he doesn't know the whole pile hops about 1/3 of a meter after the fuse goes off. Heh, one plasma knocked him in, who would've thunk.

  #87  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-07-2010 , 06:29 AM


Don't make yourself crazy with this.

There are those grates/ angled beams at the side of the shaft, Tad jumped behind those in his vid. What about those?

I think 8 nades should not be a problem, but if it's more they will deload usually on Cairo. When I was setting up the launch to the top of the MAC in SP once, I collected some grenades in the room where the tram starts on the Armory. I had like 20 grenades and everytime when the box fell out of my view for a fragment of a second, it was clean again, maybe one or two grenades were still there but not more. Incredibly frustrating, I had to do that room like 5-6 times because of this. Sounds not much but it is, there are no CPs and each try takes like half an hour.

The first post is nearly complete now. People should post those new ideas for challenges here, and not in the other sticky. This is why I made this.

  #88  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 11:39 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Don't make yourself crazy with this.

There are those grates/ angled beams at the side of the shaft, Tad jumped behind those in his vid. What about those?

I think 8 nades should not be a problem, but if it's more they will deload usually on Cairo. When I was setting up the launch to the top of the MAC in SP once, I collected some grenades in the room where the tram starts on the Armory. I had like 20 grenades and everytime when the box fell out of my view for a fragment of a second, it was clean again, maybe one or two grenades were still there but not more. Incredibly frustrating, I had to do that room like 5-6 times because of this. Sounds not much but it is, there are no CPs and each try takes like half an hour.

The first post is nearly complete now. People should post those new ideas for challenges here, and not in the other sticky. This is why I made this.
Yeah, I'm not even going to try it, just getting last ideas out of the way.

  #89  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 02:51 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDD3RS View Post
You don't have to grenade jump to get up to the door. You can double jump and smack P2 up just high enough to reach the door.
What do you mean smack him up? P1 is on the ledge at the door. P2 is standing below. How do you smack him up? If there are plenty of nades at the bottom then P1 can do the transporting of nades but you would have to have P2 with full nades so you have to drop even more nades down.

I don't see 8 nades getting through that door but I'm not as good as HB at BAW'ing. The fuse is going to knock you backwards unless it can be set further away (use P2 or at a diagonal edge).

Idk, I don't see the edges sticking out on the way down the shaft the way others do. The first real edge that I see stopping the falltime death is down pretty far so I think getting down is really the problem.

  #90  
Old   
MetalFan123 Offline
 
Posts: 103
Join Date: Dec 2008
04-07-2010 , 03:11 PM


Hey HB I really want you to try a baw for me on cairo station because I am really bad at them. I went over to the side of the warthog hangar tunnel and made a pile next to the glass. I got a CP after killing the jet pack elites and started to baw in through the glass. I came extremely close and I once made it in dead, but I really suck at bawing so I was wondering if you could try or Grumpy.

Also I have a really good idea for the "under the lift challenge" on cairo station. Before you get "outside" You pass a series of windows. One of the windows you can actually see the part that falls when the MAC gun shoots. Its the same place where you ride the jet pack elite down to the very bottom of the map. Any ways, if you could baw through that window and make it down there alive then you would be at the door at the bottom of the lift ( locked of course) but nothing a BAW can't handle. If you manage to get through that locked door then there probably would not be a killzone because the lift hasn't been activated yet and the enemies would not be spawned. If anyone wants to try this idea or have any questions about what I'm saying just PM me.

  #91  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 03:54 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDD3RS View Post
Here is a video showing how to get down and what I meant by getting up to the door without grenades http://www.filefront.com/16055619/CS%20Shaft.wmv.
I don't know man, you did it but I don't survive to make it to the first ledge (halfway down) so I'm mystified. You didn't even hit an edge on the way down, or at least I didn't see it.

I know how to get one player up, that wasn't what I'm saying. I wanted P2 up so P1 could replenish health and to provide one less trip.

How many nades to box BAW and could you show that setup? That's an important find so I'd like to know.

Also, will nades be there when you get down?

  #92  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 04:32 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDD3RS View Post
It is hard to see but there is a corner that you can ride down on both sides. For the box BAW you only need 2 live frag grenades. I tried to do it twice in a row to see if my grenades were down there but I never got in twice.
Corner ride, well I'll be dipped. I tried that and thought the corner was not square enough. I cannot comprehend catching that corner in time. Time form me to quit, I think.

If nades gather at the bottom, it's all over but the shouting.

  #93  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-07-2010 , 04:48 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFan123 View Post
Hey HB I really want you to try a baw for me on cairo station because I am really bad at them. I went over to the side of the warthog hangar tunnel and made a pile next to the glass. I got a CP after killing the jet pack elites and started to baw in through the glass. I came extremely close and I once made it in dead, but I really suck at bawing so I was wondering if you could try or Grumpy.

Also I have a really good idea for the "under the lift challenge" on cairo station. Before you get "outside" You pass a series of windows. One of the windows you can actually see the part that falls when the MAC gun shoots. Its the same place where you ride the jet pack elite down to the very bottom of the map. Any ways, if you could baw through that window and make it down there alive then you would be at the door at the bottom of the lift ( locked of course) but nothing a BAW can't handle. If you manage to get through that locked door then there probably would not be a killzone because the lift hasn't been activated yet and the enemies would not be spawned. If anyone wants to try this idea or have any questions about what I'm saying just PM me.
You got a CP when you've killed the Elites? I never get one there.
I've set it up and tried that, waited for a while, overloaded, waited and started walking around the station randomly with the other guy, but when I did not get a CP after like 20 mins I gave up and launched without CP, I got an almost-BAW first try, though

Edit: Have you ever seen a Jetpack Elite dieing from the falltime?

  #94  
Old   
MetalFan123 Offline
 
Posts: 103
Join Date: Dec 2008
04-07-2010 , 04:50 PM


Yeah I got one randomly and I pretty much just ran through the whole level without killing much, but I was on legendary. What about the lift where the drones come out do you think my idea will work?

Edit: No I have not why?

  #95  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 04:52 PM


What Warthog tunnel?

  #96  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-07-2010 , 04:56 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFan123 View Post
Yeah I got one randomly and I pretty much just ran through the whole level without killing much, but I was on legendary. What about the lift where the drones come out do you think my idea will work?

Edit: No I have not why?
Because a Jetpack Elite could use his Jetpack when he's falling down somewhere. Pretty stupid if he does not and gets killed by the fall.

You mean heroic? On Legendary you can't kill your coop partner without reverting to the last CP, as far as I know.
Well, you may be right though, if you just rush through the level you often get random CPs. It's the opposite of what I've done, I made sure to get every CP, hoping not to bypass the one where the Tunnel is.#

Edit to Grumpy: You can basically ride any corner. Corners with an obtuse angle are easy to stay on but don't slow you down that much. Up to 120 degrees is no problem, then it's getting hard. A corner with a sharp angle slows you down alot, but you can't really stay at the corner because even small moves bring you out of the area where the corner affects you, and you usually can't get back easily. A 90 degree corner is the best mix of both, of course.

  #97  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 05:31 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
Because a Jetpack Elite could use his Jetpack when he's falling down somewhere. Pretty stupid if he does not and gets killed by the fall.

You mean heroic? On Legendary you can't kill your coop partner without reverting to the last CP, as far as I know.
Well, you may be right though, if you just rush through the level you often get random CPs. It's the opposite of what I've done, I made sure to get every CP, hoping not to bypass the one where the Tunnel is.#

Edit to Grumpy: You can basically ride any corner. Corners with an obtuse angle are easy to stay on but don't slow you down that much. Up to 120 degrees is no problem, then it's getting hard. A corner with a sharp angle slows you down alot, but you can't really stay at the corner because even small moves bring you out of the area where the corner affects you, and you usually can't get back easily. A 90 degree corner is the best mix of both, of course.
Well, I've never seen anybody ride anything but a 90 degree corner.

What friggin glass at what friggin Warthog tunnel?

  #98  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-07-2010 , 05:39 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Well, I've never seen anybody ride anything but a 90 degree corner.

What friggin glass at what friggin Warthog tunnel?
If you have not, it's time to check out Enanito's Archive.

Look at the first post in the thread, I've added a pic to the description of the Warthog Tunnel. It's one of those hallways that lead to the IAC in the shipping area, when you get outside the first time.

  #99  
Old   
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy Offline
 
Posts: 3,443
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Californica
04-07-2010 , 05:54 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by HB sa' lamee View Post
If you have not, it's time to check out Enanito's Archive.

Look at the first post in the thread, I've added a pic to the description of the Warthog Tunnel. It's one of those hallways that lead to the IAC in the shipping area, when you get outside the first time.
Lol what thread? I looked in this thread and saw nothing on Cairo except the first cutscene room.

  #100  
Old   
HB sa' lamee's Avatar
HB sa' lamee Offline
 
Posts: 899
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to HB sa' lamee
04-07-2010 , 05:57 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Lol what thread? I looked in this thread and saw nothing on Cairo except the first cutscene room.
WTF? I can see the whole list, with all the pics...

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Skin modified for HIH by Ducain


HIH : Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 forum, fansite, tricks, glitches, and videos - Privacy Statement - Top
no new posts